Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

God Was WITH God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Was WITH God (10809 Views)

If Jesus Was God, How Could He Pray To God? Was Jesus Praying To Himself?” / HAITI DISASTER: God Was Aware, Yet God Didn't Prevent It! / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
johnw74:

The 1 timothy 3:16 KJV verse that I posted is translated accurately from the Greek:

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery(musterion-secret) of godliness: God(theos-God) was manifest(phaneroo-appear) in the flesh,(sarx-meat, body) justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Only sectarians and non believers call the KJV a false translation.

Bro, the word "God" (theos ) is not present in the older, more original manuscripts . That is why most mordern translations translated after these older manuscript where found removed that word "god " from 1 Tim 3:16. You have been using that verse consistently without finding out why majority of bible translations did not put "god" (theos ) in that verse.

Even in the manuscript where such word was found , it was discovered that it was a Later addition , as the ink that was used to convert that word to theos is different from the ink used to write that part of the manuscript . Pls do an investigation and come post ur findings .
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
johnw74:

Bingbagbo quoted scripture opposing yours and joz beliefs "God was manifest in the flesh"
well I'm glad that's one scripture you are not going to change.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I do not change the scriptures , most translations do not have the word "God" in that verse. Go and find out why .
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
johnw74:
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Deu_6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Gal_3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

God is one,
the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spiritis is one
three persons, one God

because some don't understand the scriptures, they don't believe the scriptures, and they have changed what the scriptures say.

1 john 5:7 ? Is that what that verse says ?
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
DoubleDeeX:
Jesus Christ is the manifestation of God the Father in the flesh (Human form) just as bottle water is still water but in a container! That's the mystery of Godliness! God manifested in the flesh for the purpose of our salvation...which is why it is written that those who worship Him must do it in truth and in spirit through Christ Jesus, the name for our salvation.

It's not given to all to understand the word of God. Only those who are spiritually alive would understand these mysteries...

The time is short...some people are still running in circles. Work out your salvation with fear a trembling brethren!

Shalom!

@ johnw74 , can you now see that I did not create that part of jesus being part of God like the ocean example?
Will you now retract ur accusation?
Do you accept the explanation by doubledeex or not.

If you do not accept, can you prove my accusation wrong by telling him that he is wrong?

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by RikoduoSennin(m): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
IF Jesus is 'THE' God or part of 'THE' God; Then why would 1 corinthians 11:3 says "....and the head of christ is God"

God>Christ>Man>Woman

NB: Woman and Man are seperate even though the word "Man or Mankind" can sometimes represent both gender.

If Jesus was really THE ONLY GOD, there won't have been any need for him having a head over him would there?
---------------------------------
Jesus has a God over him, before he came to earth, while he was on earth and after he went back to Heaven- This is FACT.

Why would God have his own personal God?

Why would God have A Father?

In the parable of the Bridegroom- who is the bridegroom and who was the bridesgroom Father? Was it both of them that was getting Married?

In the parable of the Vineyard- Who was the owner of the vineyard and who were the messengers, the only begotten son and the murderous vine dressers?
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Jozzy4:

Stop this nonsense , two persons cannot be One God .

" but to us there is One God , The Father ( note that its 1 person)" - 1 cor 8:6

" but to us there is One God, The Father and Son ( two persons)" - johnw74

Who is correct ?

That means Jesus is not God Almighty ! He Died cheesy

Lol , same with jesus .

Jonas didnt die , that means Jesus didnt die too, WHO DIED FOR OUR SINS THEN Since Jesus didnt die ?

Lol , Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ , so jesus is not God again ?

Hmm Mary didnt give birth to God , nice . Keep confessing

Final question:

Mary gave birth to Jesus Or God ?

Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed;....
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:04am On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:

Bro, the word "God" (theos ) is not present in the older, more original manuscripts . That is why most mordern translations translated after these older manuscript where found removed that word "god " from 1 Tim 3:16. You have been using that verse consistently without finding out why majority of bible translations did not put "god" (theos ) in that verse.

Even in the manuscript where such word was found , it was discovered that it was a Later addition , as the ink that was used to convert that word to theos is different from the ink used to write that part of the manuscript . Pls do an investigation and come post ur findings .

1Ti 3:16 ....God was manifest in the flesh....

God is the right word for 1Ti 3:16

Joh 1:1 ....and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh....
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:06am On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:

I do not change the scriptures , most translations do not have the word "God" in that verse. Go and find out why .

@bold, your sect did, same thing.
Re: God Was WITH God by Chizzled06(m): 1:23am On Sep 06, 2015
Early christians responsible for the authorship of the Gospel books, like the Jews before them are notorious for not wanting to depart from polytheistic ways. You'll find other references to multiple beings constituting the supreme if you look further
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:35am On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:

@ johnw74 , can you now see that I did not create that part of jesus being part of God like the ocean example?
Will you now retract ur accusation?
Do you accept the explanation by doubledeex or not.

If you do not accept, can you prove my accusation wrong by telling him that he is wrong?

"My accusation , your accusation,"

are you posting under diffrent user names or are you just very confused.

post quotes so I may know what you are talking about.

I don't read all your posts, especially those long ones.
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 2:58am On Sep 06, 2015
johnw74:

I believe you are learned enough to dig into things and find out the truth. Ill encourage you one more time to find out why most translations removed the word "god" from their translations of 1 Tim 3: 16.

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 3:15am On Sep 06, 2015
johnw74:

@bold, your sect did, same thing.
The sect did what?

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:

I believe you are learned enough to dig into things and find out the truth. Ill encourage you one more time to find out why most translations removed the word "god" from their translations of 1 Tim 3: 16.

I know you don't see the verses I posted showing that the word "God" belongs there:

johnw74:

You have been blinded
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 6:52am On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:

The sect did what?

Your sect changed Bible verses,
Your blindness is getting worse, go back and take a look
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 6:58am On Sep 06, 2015
Marriage between a man and a woman is made in Heaven-God ordained

Gen 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

He made Eve.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Mar 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
Mar 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

homosexual marriage is made in hell

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

the similarity to those who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses:

Rom 1:26 unbelievers having vile affections

jw are known for child sex abuse:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+and+child+abuse&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=YqHrVYmyFKW4mwW1lrnoBQ
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 7:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Jehovah's Witnesses -- What Do They Believe?

They offer a cunning mixture of Scripture verses and "almost" Christian doctrines. Their approach, like that of the Mormons, is to stress elements of their doctrine which avoid controversy. The rest comes later.

But they are an "organization" of slaves, working desperately to "earn" eternal life. They seek salvation, not by grace, but by becoming "Kingdom Publishers."

They don't have a personal relationship with Christ (who they say is not God), but rather they observe a system of law and works.

Continue: http://www.chick.com/bc/1985/jehovahswitness.asp
Re: God Was WITH God by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2015
The Statement: "and God died for our sins" is it TRUE or FALSE? Prove your answer will scriptures.
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
johnw74:

I know you don't see the verses I posted showing that the word "God" belongs there:

You have been blinded

You posted a wrong translation of 1 Tim 3:16.
In the older manuscripts , the word "God " is not found there .
And in the manuscript where the word exist, it was found out that that word was later added to that verse and was not there originaly.
Go find out the truth .
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
johnw74:

Your sect changed Bible verses,
Your blindness is getting worse, go back and take a look

So the sect was successful enough to change the words of 1 Tim 3:16 in most bible translations, even in translations made by known trinitarians? Wow, what a very powerful sect !
Re: God Was WITH God by CAPTIVATOR: 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:

So the sect was successful enough to change the words of 1 Tim 3:16 in most bible translations, even in translations made by known trinitarians? Wow, what a very powerful sect !

long tyme my bros , how you doing ?
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
johnw74:

"My accusation , your accusation,"

are you posting under diffrent user names or are you just very confused.

post quotes so I may know what you are talking about.

I don't read all your posts, especially those long ones.

I mentioned the different ways or method that people use to defend their belief that jesus is God . Those methods contradict each but those people refuse to tell each other that their views and methods are wrong .
I've asked you if you believe that jesus is the same as the father as explained by some and accused you that you have not refuted/challenged their explanations.

Of the three methods I mentioned , you accused me that the first one was made up by me . Now that someone else has made use of the same method to explain his belief that jesus is god , will you redraw ur accusation to me as it is evident I did not make it up?

Will you also prove my accusation above wrong by telling doubledrex that he is wrong, or is he right to say jesus is a part of God ?
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
U should have left him in the dark cos he doesn't value the truth.

dolphinheart:

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Live that guy in the dark. He loves staying there.

dolphinheart:

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:21am On Sep 07, 2015
RikoduoSennin:
The Statement: "and God died for our sins" is it TRUE or FALSE? Prove your answer will scriptures.

John 1:1 ....and the Word was God.
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences(sins), and was raised again for our justification.
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:24am On Sep 07, 2015
dolphinheart:

You posted a wrong translation of 1 Tim 3:16.
In the older manuscripts , the word "God " is not found there .
And in the manuscript where the word exist, it was found out that that word was later added to that verse and was not there originaly.
Go find out the truth .

johnw74:

You have been blinded
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:28am On Sep 07, 2015
dolphinheart:

I showed with other verses that the word "God" is the right word for 1Tim 3:16
but you of course again reject those scriptures.
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:34am On Sep 07, 2015
dolphinheart:

I mentioned the different ways or method that people use to defend their belief that jesus is God . Those methods contradict each but those people refuse to tell each other that their views and methods are wrong .
I've asked you if you believe that jesus is the same as the father as explained by some and accused you that you have not refuted/challenged their explanations.

Of the three methods I mentioned , you accused me that the first one was made up by me . Now that someone else has made use of the same method to explain his belief that jesus is god , will you redraw ur accusation to me as it is evident I did not make it up?

Will you also prove my accusation above wrong by telling doubledrex that he is wrong, or is he right to say jesus is a part of God ?

@bold, you are right, I don't refute/challenge everyone's explanations,
what was it I said you made up, use quotes, if I said you made it up then I'm sure you did.
and the rest is still so confused.
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:45am On Sep 07, 2015
JMAN05:

U should have left him in the dark cos he doesn't value the truth.

JMAN05:

Live that guy in the dark. He loves staying there.

Who is in the dark, who doesn't value the truth, but those who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses,
those who change what bible scriptures say, which is of satan.

Those who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses, but are Jehovah's Witnesses in name only, do not believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh
as Christians believe, and change scripture to have it in line with their false doctrine of the devil

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God(theos), and the Word was God(theos).

They leave the word "God" as God where it relates to the Father
and they change the word "God" to "a god" where it relates to the Word of God
the Greek word that God comes from in both instances is "theos"
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:50am On Sep 07, 2015
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Jesus Christ is the only ruler, Lord of Lord's
that sure makes Him God, doesn't it

Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The Holy Ghost purchased the church of God(believers) with His own blood

The Holy Ghost is God's Spirit, God is Spirit.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

God created....the Spirit of God moved....the Word-Jesus Christ created

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:57am On Sep 07, 2015
[size=14pt]Talk about being in the dark[/size]

Decades ago those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses but do lie, built a home for Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old,

"Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

After the failure of 1914 to result in Armageddon, Rutherford was able to re-ignite urgency into Watchtower followers by making the announcement in 1918 that "Millions Now Living Will Never Die!", which predicted the end would be 1925. This was published in the 1920 booklet "Millions Now Living Will Never Die", which can be downloaded as a 32Mb searchable pdf. It made the following extraordinary claims:

"The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favour, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth." Millions Now Living Will Never Die p.88

Continue: http://jehovah.net.au/changed-doctrine/1925
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:27am On Sep 07, 2015
Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses but do lie, do not know about many of the jw lies of the past,
their elders don't tell them about those things.

They are kept in the dark smiley

Like mushrooms they are kept in the dark, and fed shi-manure.
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 6:57am On Sep 07, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

long tyme my bros , how you doing ?
I'm cool Bro, how ur side?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? / ‘pastor Adeboye Is My Son’—guru Maharajji / Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.