Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,188 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On (34893 Views)

Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government / El Rufai In Court To Sue The Union Over Report Of Declaration Of Assets..photos / Wike Expresses Anger Over Report On Visits To CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by Holak: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
patimore:
What about the several twitter users condemning Fashola? How has Ambode lied? The information which you called lies and half truth are on the Lagos public procurement site and it was Fashola who gave the directive for that. Ambode has not accused Fashola of anything. It is Nigerians that are worried at the rate of inflated contracts on the site.

At least GEJ can be given a break. It will be going round and around. Those who live on propaganda die by propaganda.
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by Jesusloveyou: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
Frankiss44:

I see.. Hypocritical fools, tribal bigots and ass-licking political followers like you are the problems facing this great country of ours.. Why are you lowering your self acclaimed standards because one of your favourite mini god credibility is being questioned? With the same mouth you use in chanting anti corruption songs of probing and anticipating arrest on the likes of GEJ, Deziani, Sambo and Co why can't you use that same mouth to sing the song for Fashola instead of this lame question of "is he the first"?

Is Deziani the first? Is gej the first? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander
hahahaha, so u saTANist knows how to fight corruption, u guys don't wail of witches and wizards hunting again, but is better for our democracy, i hope u saTANist wil not be hypocrites again, when ur clueless corrupt kinsmen wil be sent to jail very soon,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by Frankiss44(m): 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
hahahaha, so u saTANist knows how to fight corruption, u guys don't wail of witches and wizards hunting again, but is better for our democracy, i hope u saTANist wil not be hypocrites again, when ur clueless corrupt kinsmen wil be sent to jail very soon,

I won't have answered this post because I consider it very foolish but lemme just correct one impression, I don't fight for any politician because they are all greedy fools who don't care about us.. They have succeeded in dividing us into parties where we argue and fight on their behalf while they go about stealing us dry.. I don't care if all my corrupt kinsmen are sent to jail so far the same standards are used to judge every Nigerian politician irrespective of tribe and party because corruption has no tribe or party...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by aresa: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
[s]
GeneralShepherd:

But when Oshomole did. It was alright!
[/s]

What's my business with Oshomole? Go and ask him and stop bothering me with irrelevant rubbish..
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by aresa: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
kenny987:

There is no need to continue this back n forth with u. I hope u are this 'charitable' and exacting for full disclosure of details when same tidbits of info are released about different sums of money supposedly missing. When the figure for the week is thrown out as another 'missing' sum by the chief with numerical diarrhoea I hope u ask for full disclosure of details or circumstances surrounding said 'loss' b4 u call for blood and jail.

Common knowledge tells reasonable Nigerians that there is some major inflation of this contract sum but again, according to u the specs may justify these outrageous sums.

One of two things will happen, either the warring 'pigs' will go behind closed doors n settle their 'differences ' as some of us see these disclosures, or one will be hung out to dry as a scapegoat. I only hope if the latter is the case that he squeals out loud too and takes at least one 'pig' down.

Common sense dictates you see full details and view of something before reaching any kind of conclusion or formulating any judgement.

Have you seen the contract details, terms, stipulations and specifications? No you have not so of what relevant is our insane and irrational premature conclusion?

You have zero common sense.
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by aresa: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
Alphaoscar:

@ Bro Aresa , I think it will be very inaccurate to blame Ambode for this borehole and the website issue because if I can remember vividly some of this issues were raised and used by the Tanoids to attack Fashola during the electioneering period even before the arrival of Ambode on the hotseat.

I am still trying very hard not to believe there is infighting between Fashola and Tinubu/Ambode because it will be very very unfortunate if it is really true. I love Tinubu very dearly but rubbishing the person of Fashola on the alter of politics is uncalled and an act of ingratitude to him for all the great things his administration achieved.

I stopped believing the lying Ambode when he lied about the Falomo mall concession. Thanks for the company involved for setting the records straight.

To me, Ambode is untrustworthy. I just hate liars especially when it's used to destroy other people's good name and integrity..
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by aresa: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
myproperty:

when I read your response above it makes me laugh, imagine you telling someone that his problem is inability to read and comprehend or even understand and follow basic discussion] yet that is what you have done. The person you quoted understands , comprehend and
also followed the basic discussion but you seem to be blinded by your trust,adoration and fanatical support you have for Fashola( about 80% of your post is about your acclaimed performance of Fashola, to the extent you claimed Akpabio looted his state seriousely by inflating contract prices, see one of your post where you claimed that what Fashola did is far better and more than what PDP Government and state Government did in 16years( https://www.nairaland.com/2180887/fasholas-8-years-gej-fg).

Now to the issue at hand. The subject matter here is corruption. GEJ Government was accused of corruption and[b] Fashola is being accused of corruption[/b] and you are telling us it is not the same thing calling GEJ's own as a case of missing money and Fashola's own is about spending this and that
There is nothing wrong in supporting Fashola but there is everything wrong in defending people accused of corruption. The same formula Ambode is applying against Fashola was the same formula Fashola and APC applied against PDP accussing PDP of corruption some true and some lies, yet corruption runs in every facet of the country. You can see corruption in both PDP and APC.

What goes up must come down

You have no business talking about reading and comprehension because you defiantly just failed that test with your baseless conclusion

To start with, there's is zero accusation of corruption here, this is your own carried away imagination. Saying you spent this and that on a project is not corruption, it's just saying he spent this and that on this and that. Corruption is you exposing contract details, what was requested and what was delivered and so far, you don't have that.

Saying he spent this and that is just tall till you are able to show us facts and proof that he not only inflated the contracts himself and diverted funds from the said inflation to himself. That is corruption and until you are able to do just that, you are just talking and smearing.

They don't put people in jail for spending too much according to you, they do if you are able to prove that he personally did so to enrich himself by diverting the funds into his own pocket.

Yes I started the thread about Fashola's 8 years. Have I been proven wrong? No I haven't.

Fashola delivered more projects than all the other states in Nigeria and the FG combined. I started that thread and it's still stands so prove me wrong if you can..
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by Funjosh(m): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
That will not stop Fashola from getting to where he is going to, Ambode is just wasting his time.
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by Jesusloveyou: 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
Frankiss44:

I won't have answered this post because I consider it very foolish but lemme just correct one impression, I don't fight for any politician because they are all greedy fools who don't care about us.. They have succeeded in dividing us into parties where we argue and fight on their behalf while they go about stealing us dry.. I don't care if all my corrupt kinsmen are sent to jail so far the same standards are used to judge every Nigerian politician irrespective of tribe and party because corruption has no tribe or party...
but ur fellow saTANist wil disagree with u, on a more serious note, what if fashola did not provide d water for d people, like all d governors are doing, whereby they wil collect d money and borehole wil not still work, like d one fed agency that use 155m for one borehole, which is still not working, but fashola own is working,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by kenny987(f): 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
aresa:

Common sense dictates you see full details and view of something before reaching any kind of conclusion or formulating any judgement.

Have you seen the contract details, terms, stipulations and specifications? No you have not so of what relevant is our insane and irrational premature conclusion?

You have zero common sense.

You are just some lowdown, bottom-licking, good for nothing scum. Can u not have an argument or conversation without being insulting? Who are u to decide who does or doesn't have common sense? What is your personal connection to the matter that you just could not state your sickening opinion without being rude? This is how all your responses on this issue has been laced with so much vitriol and hatred and leads me to wonder whether u suck BRF's dick for a living and u fear ur daily dosage might no longer be available hence your unconscionable rudeness and madness! You are mad and sick upstairs!

I take particular exception to rudeness and insults on this forum and for your sake I am breaking my rules and policy to engage anyone here objectively and directly on any subject matter. I don't care about your blind adoration and hero-worship or even crush on BRF or anybody but I will not countenance rudeness from you! Sicko!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by aresa: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
[s]
kenny987:

You are just some lowdown, bottom-licking, good for nothing scum. Can u not have an argument or conversation without being insulting? Who are u to decide who does or doesn't have common sense? What is your personal connection to the matter that you just could not state your sickening opinion without being rude? This is how all your responses on this issue has been laced with so much vitriol and hatred and leads me to wonder whether u suck BRF's dick for a living and u fear ur daily dosage might no longer be available hence your unconscionable rudeness and madness! You are mad and sick upstairs!

I take particular exception to rudeness and insults on this forum and for your sake I am breaking my rules and policy to engage anyone here objectively and directly on any subject matter. I don't care about your blind adoration and hero-worship or even crush on BRF or anybody but I will not countenance rudeness from you! Sicko!
[/s]

You said Common knowledge tells reasonable Nigerians that there is some major inflation of this contract sum and I disputed by saying the same common sense dictates that you need to have relevant facts relating to the project before formulating judgement and opinion.

Common sense can not win any conviction in any court of law, you need facts and and evidence of wrong doing which you and the rest of your shallow thinkers don't have.
Keep quiet and exit thread if you are short of sensible, relevant and intelligent facts to contribute..
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by kenny987(f): 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You said Common knowledge tells reasonable Nigerians that there is some major inflation of this contract sum and I disputed by saying the same common sense dictates that you need to have relevant facts relating to the project before formulating judgement and opinion.

Common sense can not win any conviction in any court of law, you need facts and and evidence of wrong doing which you and the rest of your shallow thinkers don't have.
Keep quiet and exit thread if you are short of sensible, relevant and intelligent facts to contribute..

Yes, the first 2 paragraphs of ur previous post were fine but u crossed the line when u said 'You have zero common sense'. That is mighty rude and distasteful. Like I asked u in a previous post, I hope u are this determined to secure full disclosure of details surrounding any allegation against anyone before drawing conclusions and pronouncing judgement because u have already declared the previous govt as discredited. By what standards I wonder?
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by kodded(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
Haywiire:
This ambode is an illiterate. What was built is a water works. Am an engineer and i know that simply saying borehole is to ridicule his predecessor. An industrial borehole is a deep well that could cost up to 12m for one, the treatment plant and the reticulation. This is a mini water works. Why is Ambo misbehaving? No one is defending the indefensible but i find this nauseating and i think its time tell their asiwaju that the mandate belongs to the people by sending APC packing from lagos state. This be the project of every lagosian. Already, the decay of lagos has begun as the clueless am bode can't govern lagos properly. Insecurity has returned and rot is returning. BRF is a gift from God and such gifts are rare. Even other state governments took inspiration from this man, so why do we destroy our best out of jealousy.

The above statement is a culled comment from one anonymous reader on linda ikeji. I'm still holding on to my belief that all these image smearing of Fashola is merely a propaganda. Just like Afriland did, all other corporations directly involved in the execution of the purported inflated contracts should release press statements so we'd know the true situations of things.
cc HZRF , is this clown. Saying the truth ? undecided
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by kodded(m): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
Very sad. Hypocrisy at its finest
ny dear I don't understand the type of change this guys are yelling for
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by kodded(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
9jatatafo:

These are mere allegations, we are in a democratic and civilise dispensation, until any court of law try and convict him, he is still innocent. Don't just base your judgement on what you see online or in the newsprint. Don't be ignorant.
I wish you said sane thing in GEJ case
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by kodded(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
we are not the hypocrite here bro, please show me any quote that pdp clearly said that buhari shouldn't probe past government ?
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by 9jatatafo(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
kodded:
I wish you said sane thing in GEJ case

I did not follow the crowd in accusing GEJ. I will only make my comment when a court of law found him guilty
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by HzRF(m): 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
kodded:
cc HZRF , is this clown. Saying the truth ? undecided
Do I still need to tell u
He z 12m for 1

12×2=24m

Still no where near 139m

When u tell the truth u don't need to remember
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by kodded(m): 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2015
HzRF:
Do I still need to tell u He z 12m for 1
12×2=24m
Still no where near 139m

When u tell the truth u don't need to remember
noted sire cheesy
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by Jesusloveyou: 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
kodded:
we are not the hypocrite here bro, please show me any quote that pdp clearly said that buhari shouldn't probe past government ?
u guys had be shouting of witch hunting when probe or investigation has not even Start, if u guys can be against corruption like this that d best governor misappropriate 100m naira, by d time, d worse governors own wil start, i hope u saTANist wil not cry as witch hunting

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by myproperty(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
aresa:

You have no business talking about reading and comprehension because you defiantly just failed that test with your baseless conclusion

To start with, there's is zero accusation of corruption here, this is your own carried away imagination. Saying you spent this and that on a project is not corruption, it's just saying he spent this and that on this and that. Corruption is you exposing contract details, what was requested and what was delivered and so far, you don't have that.

Saying he spent this and that is just tall till you are able to show us facts and proof that he not only inflated the contracts himself and diverted funds from the said inflation to himself. That is corruption and until you are able to do just that, you are just talking and smearing.

They don't put people in jail for spending too much according to you, they do if you are able to prove that he personally did so to enrich himself by diverting the funds into his own pocket.

Yes I started the thread about Fashola's 8 years. Have I been proven wrong? No I haven't.

Fashola delivered more projects than all the other states in Nigeria and the FG combined. I started that thread and it's still stands so prove me wrong if you can..
I really hope you understand what conclusion means. In your own eyes for someone to spend N139m on just two boreholes is a job well done and the cost was not inflated. Wonders would never end. If according to you there is zero accusation of corruption that means Ambode was just praising his spending of N139m on two boreholes. Na waoo. So now on the issue of Fashola you want facts to be shown before accusing him but on the issue of the missing money you talked about have any fact been shown? It is difficult to really discuss with people that see nothing wrong with whom they support especially if the support is blind, even in the moon can any non corrupt individual dig two boreholes for N139m? It is on heard for. Please corruption is corruption no matter how you paint or present it and no matter the name you give to it, whether you call it spend this and that. This is just one of the numerous accusation he is being accused of,interestingly he could not even deny it. You are quick to come to the defence of you SAINT. Hmmm different stroke for different folks, different definition of corruption for different people. I now understand it. Thank you Solicitor to Mr. SAINT
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by myproperty(m): 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
if u call dis one corruption, that means all govt officials both small and big wil go jail, while those who corrupt in trillions will go life in imprisonment with everyone in their villages,
Ok so spending N139m on two borehole is not corruption? Oh my God I never knew that corruption in the law books have various definition. Thank you for enlightening on what constitutes corruption and what does not
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by aresa: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2015
myproperty:

I really hope you understand what conclusion means. In your own eyes for someone to spend N139m on just two boreholes is a job well done and the cost was not inflated.

Read and comprehend properly.

I never said spending 139 million was right or was a job well done, I said you can not jump into conclusion without facts and details relating to the said project. We need to know exactly what was ordered, what was delivered, who awarded the contract, who it was awarded to, who wrote the payment checks, who took the checks to the bank and cashed the checks, in whose account the money finally landed.

In my own eyes or not, when you take the former governor to court, the judge won't ask anything about my eyes or your eyes, he'll ask you for evidence of crime or offence committed. Shouting Fashola spent this and that is just talk, you can not convict him based on some random numbers on the internet.

wonders would never end. If according to you there is zero accusation of corruption that means Ambode was just praising his spending of N139m on two boreholes. Na

This has nothing to do with Ambode and or your own noise and screams on the internet, tell the same Ambode to probe the former governor or petition the efcc to prosecute and jail the former governor, your noise on the internet is not a court of law.

If you people really care about corruption or what the former governor jailed for corruption, you should be asking or forcing Ambode to show you and Lagosians all the relevant facts like I listed above or take his case to the efcc, but you people don't care or give a damn about corruption, all you care about his your pointless rants that gets us nowhere.

So now on the issue of Fashola you want facts to be shown before accusing him but on the issue of the missing money you talked about have any fact been shown?..

Regardless what we say on the internet about people stealing and looting or who is corrupt or not or even how much we want them jailed, we can't jail them without any evidence of wrong doing so what's your point?

We say GEJ and his men and women are corrupt, but saying they are corrupt or this and that money is missing is enough to jaill because you still have to invesigate and put forward facts and evidence before a judge in a court of law.

You are not making any sense here.

It is difficult to really discuss with people that see nothing wrong with whom they support especially if the support is blind, even in the moon can any non corrupt individual dig two boreholes for N139m? It is on heard for. Please corruption is corruption no matter how you paint or present it and no matter the name you give to it, whether you call it spend this and that. This is just one of the numerous accusation he is being accused of,interestingly he could not even deny it. You are quick to come to the defence of you SAINT. Hmmm different stroke for different folks, different definition of corruption for different people. I now understand it. Thank you Solicitor to Mr. SAINT

1. I didn't say Fashola is a saint, that's something you made up inside your own head.

2. What you think is too much or not to spend of a bore hole is irrelevant if you really care about corruption. Your argument should be about Ambode. You should be asking him to take his case to the EFCC or show Lagosians who cashed he payment checks and in whose account the money landed. This is not rocket science.

3. Saying this and that is corruption or he spend this and that is meaningless ti you are able to prove with facts and follow the money trail to it's final destination.

4. How do you prove Fashola intentionally inflated the contract and cornered the money for his personal use? How?

By screaming and yelling on the internet that this and that is rubbish because that's all you can do, what about just gong to the efcc with your facts?

What About ambode himself probing Fashola is he's really concerned about the money and the people of Lagos?

Ambode care less about any money, his only mission is to smear and rubbish his redecessor. Is this not the reason why he openly lied to the world that Fashola took N50 million for Falomo mall concession which the company involved called him out on for lying?

Ambode is a crook, a lair and dishonest man. If hes the goods on his predecessor, the courts are out there for him to take his case to, the efcc is there, he also can probe Fashola directly..

Try reason like a sensible and rational adult burdened with meaningless sentiments instead of facts and realities...
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by Jesusloveyou: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2015
myproperty:

Ok so spending N139m on two borehole is not corruption? Oh my God I never knew that corruption in the law books have various definition. Thank you for enlightening on what constitutes corruption and what does not
30yrs ago, ambrose Ali was jail for receiving gift of less than 1m naira, and gave it to his party, but dis time, nobody wil call it corruption, that is why, i said all govt officials, even civil servant wil all go to jail, so u can see d reason why gej and his cronies that stole in trillions must be jail with their entire villages.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by ejohnny39(m): 5:15am On Aug 27, 2015
coolitempa:

but a clear rebuttal of these lies have already been given...... grin.....that website contained many bespoke software applications that were offered free to the people of lagos...... angry
what benefit is it to lagosian how has free software to a former governors personal website going to change peoples life as far as am concern he can spend 1 billion on his shoes if he want as long as the money comes from his pocket not spending public money on a personal property do you really think he would spend that amount if he was using his own money
Re: Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On by precious1967(m): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
Frankiss44:

Smh... You guys are truly sick... So when Fashola is concerned, it's victimising.. But when it's GEJ, it's a credible corruption fight? Please emancipate yourself from Hypocritical display of foolishness and ass-licking politics.. Our leaders are all the same irrespective of party affiliation..
it seems u're sick upstairs. dd i mentioned GEJ in my comments. i think i ve right to comment on any issue on ds thread but not to insult anybody.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Arrest Kwankwaso Supporters In Kano For Burning Brooms(photos) / Graphic Photos From The Suicide Bomb Attack In Maiduguri Yesterday / Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.