Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369182 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2018
I must join page 1000 by fire by force. grin

Edit: Chai, i miss am.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2018
mufutau55:

Too excited sef! No, nah only Non-Alcoholic Hennessy I dey drink o.... No Schnapps or Ogogoro stuffs. smiley

Hajji M.
What of Monkey Tail aka Mokites grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2018
NL1960:
I must join page 1000 by fire by force. grin

Edit: Chai, i miss am.
I mark U absent since lastnight
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2018
Hajji start page 1000, i end it, am dancing shaku shaku...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 11:52am On Jul 18, 2018
Chekitaut:
Hajji start page 1000, i end it, am dancing shaku shaku...

Na me come move am to page 1001. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mightymiracle(m): 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
mufutau55:

I think Nairaland PM is broken. Leave your email address here and I will get back to you pronto.

Guess who hit Page 1000? The Sheikh himself. Bravo.

Hajji M.

Oga Hajji M, this is the email sir- olumide_deen@yahoo.com. thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by senatordave1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
Guys please help,am in dire financial straits.
3102979571 first bank
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
Congratulations to all of us for crossing the 1000 page mark. Keep the creative ideas flowing and make the building industry a better place.

Oga Hajj, I dobale grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2018
NL1960:

Na me come move am to page 1001. grin
yes boss. na you start a new milestone.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
Congratulations, for the milestone of this first 1000 page. I personally appreciate your efforts in enforcing the rules of no advertising in this page, it’s make a huge difference. I will also used this opportunity to congratulate us in showing maturity in our approach to issues of different opinions, with one goal in mind of making building business affordable without compromising rules and quality. I said thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
Dears i have a survey plan done when i was buying a land and was not then conversant with land matters in ibeju lekki area.

Now i learnt govt has finally excised that area/land to the families and the surveyor is saying with the new development we need to do RATIFICATION of the survey plans we have.

Please what does RATIFICATION means ?? based on the scenario i explained above.

Anyone in the house with knowledge or experiences in this should kindly share.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lawofeso: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
spyder880:
Congratulations to all of us for crossing the 1000 page mark. Keep the creative ideas flowing and make the building industry a better place.

Oga Hajj, I dobale grin

Congrats on the milestone Hajj

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tompeters(m): 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
Please whats the current price of NIGERIAN PVC and CHINA PVC ceilings per bundle..

I hear there is the one which costs 15000 per bundle and another for 5000 per bundle
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
Mightymiracle:

Oga Hajji M, this is the email sir- olumide_deen@yahoo.com. thank you.

Check your Inbox Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2018
Rubbiish:

Football betting thread in business section can go over 2000 pages within two weeks.

Xiaomi page is already 3000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mgbadike81: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
yak:

Xiaomi page is already 3000
Do xiaomi phones officially market their phones in Nigeria?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2018
mgbadike81:
Do xiaomi phones officially market their phones in Nigeria?

no. guys are buying it off AliExpress n GSM arena
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
Mayor78:

Betting na good thing?? Expecting to reap where you did not sow and end up losing what you sowed.

Even if betting thread reach one million over night, its of no significant value to any reasonable individual. As such its a misplaced comparison to compare it with this thread that has contributed to enermous learning and benefits for DIY home owners, professional builders and businesses here.

Value derived from 1000 pages of this thread is beyond measure and the testimonies if to be stated would eclipse any that would come from a 10million page betting thread.

Pls!! No compare. Let's jeje celebrate this threads 1000milestone of genuine value on people's lives in nairaland and forget wasteful ventures.

We are here learning and enjoying how to, and new ways of building houses in a cost effective way while networking and making friends that may last a life time.

Offcourse not forgetting bad experiences from fraudsters parading as professionals that have wounded silent many here. They're being weeded out from this thread hence it's survival. It continues.

Kudos again to Hajji M.

Mayor78.
Na wa for una oo
Read my post carefully sir
I never compared the content of this thread to football betting thread, i only made reference to the thread because someone stated that no thread has ever gotten to 1000 pages on NAIRALAND.
It was never an issue of which thread was better...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2018
itswell1:
Dears i have a survey plan done when i was buying a land and was not then conversant with land matters in ibeju lekki area.

Now i learnt govt has finally excised that area/land to the families and the surveyor is saying with the new development we need to do RATIFICATION of the survey plans we have.

My own little understanding of ratification has to do with a land which is under govt acquisition, but d govt is willing to still give it out to individuals, probably because it serves not very important purpose, d process of ensuring d land is no longer under govt acquisition is ratification.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Rubbiish:

My own little understanding of ratification has to do with a land which is under govt acquisition, but d govt is willing to still give it out to individuals, probably because it serves not very important purpose, d process of ensuring d land is no longer under govt acquisition is ratification.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:48am On Jul 19, 2018
itswell1:

That survey you have at hand is just a paper, I can assure you it’s doesn’t have and can not have record in lands, because the land is still under government acquisition then. You’re lucky the land was excised or in another word released to the family. Rectification simply means you’re buying the land all over from governments. Asked your surveyor if the said land is published in recent land gazette, if not my brother you may still have problem logging your new survey red copy at lands in alausa. Pls get a lawyer that have knowledge of land matter to help you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
With all these people selling one estate land ( barren & undeveloped) and the other .

I have been looking at this and my questions is who is going to develop the roads network, drainage,lightnings etc

Hope they will not later ask the buyers of this land to cough out development fee to do all this things in the estates, some of the land are swamp and the place needs to be sandfilled before any form of work can be done at those places.

If this lands as been preached are as good as they said , the preachers demselves would have hidden this from nigerians and buy up this lands for themselves.

Before you buy any land from this estates please take time to go through the fine prints to avoid surprises later. because if the investments is that good why are they using ambush strategies on potential customers as if if you do not buy now , the world will come to an end.

What is the deal between this sellers of land and the landowners(families) and hope this will not come and affect the buyers of such lands later.

This property section is filled up with all kinds of land advertisements and i know their target are the diasporan nigerians

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
kopell:
That survey you have at hand is just a paper, I can assure you it’s doesn’t have and can not have record in lands, because the land is still under government acquisition then. You’re lucky the land was excised or in another word released to the family. Rectification simply means you’re buying the land all over from governments. Asked your surveyor if the said land is published in recent land gazette, if not my brother you may still have problem logging your new survey red copy at lands in alausa. Pls get a lawyer that have knowledge of land matter to help you.
The gazette is out last year
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2018
itswell1:
With all these people selling one estate land ( barren & undeveloped) and the other .

I have been looking at this and my questions is who is going to develop the roads network, drainage,lightnings etc

Hope they will not later ask the buyers of this land to cough out development fee to do all this things in the estates, some of the land are swamp and the place needs to be sandfilled before any form of work can be done at those places.

If this lands as been preached are as good as they said , the preachers demselves would have hidden this from nigerians and buy up this lands for themselves.

Before you buy any land from this estates please take time to go through the fine prints to avoid surprises later. because if the investments is that good why are they using ambush strategies on potential customers as if if you do not buy now , the world will come to an end.

What is the deal between this sellers of land and the landowners(families) and hope this will not come and affect the buyers of such lands later.

This property section is filled up with all kinds of land advertisements and i know their target are the diasporan nigerians
You have raised some valid points in your post, when buying from some of this buy now and pay instalmentally , you have to do your due diligence.

I have been there and I know what l went through before I got my full refund back, I shared it here, I prefer to buy from an old existing estate, where l buy, get all my titled papers and commence building immediately, all this kabukabu estate advertising online and on radio and television stations are full of burukutu and ogogoro stories, once you pay them, they will come with hidden fees, and if you want refund of your money, it will become June 12 presidential election unless you use Vladimir putin like l did and got my refund back grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
itswell1:

The gazette is out last year
Really, can you please show us the page and volume of any land officially gazette published last year by Lagos State government? To my best of knowledge the last land gazette published in Lagos State is 2012, I may be wrong please correct me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
kopell:
Really, can you please show us the page and volume of any land officially gazette published last year by Lagos State government? To my best of knowledge the last land gazette published in Lagos State is 2012, I may be wrong please correct me.

Thanks for bringing this aspect out, i will check with the surveyor for this document and revert.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
Tompeters:
Please whats the current price of NIGERIAN PVC and CHINA PVC ceilings per bundle..

I hear there is the one which costs 15000 per bundle and another for 5000 per bundle

Hi if you still need price quote on this pls let me knw so I can help you enquire on it tomorrow

Goodeveining great minda
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by siralos135: 12:21am On Jul 20, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Hi if you still need price quote on this pls let me knw so I can help you enquire on it tomorrow

Goodeveining great minda

Good day.Please Kindly help with the enquiry,I am also interested.Thank you!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oscarmedia(m): 1:02am On Jul 20, 2018
Hello House, I have a slight issue. I'm currently constructing a bungalow which will house 4 units of 1 BR apartments and I'm currently approaching lintel level I have currently bought 1600 blocks and I was asked to drop more 500 blocks. I suspect shady dealings on the part of the engineer and contractor inflating the materials so i could spend more and open more room for me to be cheated. The contractor and Iron bender have said that i have to chain lintel the whole building inner and outer walls which is so outrageous on the price front. I have walked around the building site and observed that most buildings under construction only chain the outer walls and just over the openings on the inner wall.

I would like some advice on how to proceed please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 3:22am On Jul 20, 2018
For me ooo, if its not a built-Up area, No thank you. i don't believe in tying money down and i also don't believe in speculative investing. I want to see all my variables and be able to do a full actual profitability analysis before investment my Kobo Kobo. Just my own opinion and strategy. lastly, there is not scarcity in land in that lekki corridor. you will always find land to buy if you are ready. There are land banks in that area to last two more generations. So don't let anybody fool you. If you doubt me, please do go on satellite map and see land everywhere all the way to epe. As built up as Magodo and Omole is today, i know people that bought cheap lands in this two estate as of three years ago. so what are we talking about!

itswell1:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:06am On Jul 20, 2018
itswell1:

@bold When u buy land from estate, u pay a certain amount for infrastructure, which will be use to build road, light & other facilities. But some dishonest estate company don't reveal this at the on set, just to get buyers.
But the fact still remains estate company have almost occupied virtually all the land in major cities. Getting individual plot is becoming difficult.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OnMyHonor, iyknathan2233 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.