Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383322 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
dejavus:

Why didn't you add throat.. make we know we are all ENT consultants.

I have help you to amend your original quote.

Sorta true, we help each other know if an artisan has long throat grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
trumpcoat:
Good day to all friends and fans of trumpcoat paint this is to inform you that trumpcoat paint is still much alive I mean in operation,for all your interior and exterior painting,wallpaper, screeding and pop,epoxy flooring and paint and all forms of decorative paint .message by Wife Mrs samuel OGUNSANYA thanks for your love and support all the way.

And may God continue to strengthen you as you keep fort at home ....and keep the flag flying.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
mufutau55:

Thank God I dont have a void. How much per meter on those stairs handrails? Good things always come expensive o. Even if it is expensive kobo-kobo materials. smiley

Hajji M.
I dont have void too Oooh, I built rooms on that space
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
Empiree:
how much is official and black market rates as of present?
today if I send £1k home I get N608K in my bank. kpere

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 9:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
erico2k2:

today if I send £1k home I get N608K in my bank. kpere
chae
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
gabbytabby:
Both of mine are not in a proper estate and no accountability takes plave so I just stay on the sideline and watch drama. I no want undue stress.

My tenant wahala is enough. Just yesterday without informing me some of them made alternative doorlock for the pedestrian entrance gate. I decided to let this slide and ask for my key they refused apparently they only installed a 6 keys lock in a 7 flat compound and the organiser feels because he does not owe rent that it entitles him to lock me in and out of the compound.

Was the lock necessary absolutely not as the gate came with 5 pre installed lock points that was never used. All they needed was 1 or 2 or up to 5 padlocks to secure the gate.

At times, as the owner of a building, you need to "make a loud statement" and draw the line between you and the tenants.
One of such issue is "Unfettered Access" to your house! Its your house for crying out aloud!! (not inside their apartment!)

If it were me, l will simply pretend l did not see the new Lock but before they can say 'Jack', l would have called-in a Welder to cut the silly thing Off!
Let me see who will come and challenge me for changing Locks, in my own house.

"Legally" speaking, a Tenant is not allowed to make "significant alteration" to even his own apartment, without recourse and APPROVAL of the House owner...... not to mention that they are changing something that is "not exclusive" to any of them.
That is a "Vacate House" offence, in my own Books.
On top of that, they have, by their action, denied you "legitimate Access" to your own apartment in that house!

I guess they are trying to gang-up on you or pass a coded message to you?

Okay, no need to vex on top this matter
. angry angry

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
erico2k2:

I dont have void too Oooh, I built rooms on that space

Hah! Oga mi.... My original void was eliminated and added to the livingroom upstairs and now it's huge... I don't want to see anyone downstairs. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
mufutau55:

Hah! Oga mi.... My original void was eliminated and added to the livingroom upstairs and now it's huge... I don't want to see anyone downstairs. smiley

Hajji M.
nah true and U and the other Oga @ D top dey kwukuma dey fear height grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
NL1960:

Was this price given this year or was it given last year when things have not that gone off the roof. Iam presently with a quote of 25k per meter for stainless steel staircase railings. @Hajji, do you have any ideal on current price.

Ask if it is "Stamped", original stainless steel they are going to use.
If it is, that price is fair enough as of today.

Average, current price of the original, stainless steel is 26K - 28K per SqMeter. (with the "design parts" included)

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
3strikes:
So Trumpcoat is not dead? I saw him log on now 0.....abi my eye dey deceive me? What is going on? ...................This thread is beginning to scare me o. #ghostzone?

The man known as TRUMPCOAT is DEAD. Only the business continues... I saw a message not long ago that it was from a relative/wife using the moniker. God bless his soul, he was a nice gentleman.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
erico2k2:

nah true and U and the other Oga @ D top dey kwukuma dey fear height grin grin grin

My brother if you get Vertigo, you no go want climb Coconut tree o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Empiree:
Brothers, a landlord just murdered his tenant in the Bronx USA last night at 6:30 over unpaid 9 months rent. Learned that landlord actually have took him to court for eviction but the case stalled and had called police for tenant on several occasions for tenant's nuisance. Guy, watch your temper against deadbeats.

Fatal Error!

Murder is on a different level, especially in places like US/Europe, e.t.c

It would have been better if he just changed Locks on Door or just get in a brawl with him so the Police can be forced to intervene.

But to kill your Tenant?
....Habba!!
shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!

BTW: "Private Tenancy" Income is not worth the Headache that comes with it, IMO

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 11:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

grin grin grin

I could have had 8 room duplex but I decided on the void to make the space useless for now. Instead, I have 3 living rooms and a ante room. Why? Because the more empty rooms you have, the more you have a relation somewhere to give you an excuse to move in with you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 11:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
There was no pretend oh as no key me I remove lock quick. Na latter I asked myself whether I was too hot.

I decided to chuck it down to not thinking it through. They are known to overstep but I only choose to make a loud noice if its significant. They think if they no ask me for money they can do what they like. WRONG

lastpage:

At times, as the owner of a building, you need to "make a loud statement" and draw the line between you and the tenants.
One of such issue is "Unfettered Access" to your house! Its your house for crying out aloud!! (not inside their apartment!)

If it were me, l will simply pretend l did not see the new Lock but before they can say 'Jack', l would have called-in a Welder to cut the silly thing Off!
Let me see who will come and challenge me for changing Locks, in my own house.

"Legally" speaking, a Tenant is not allowed to make "significant alteration" to even his own apartment, without recourse and APPROVAL of the House owner...... not to mention that they are changing something that is "not exclusive" to any of them.
That is a "Vacate House" offence, in my own Books.
On top of that, they have, by their action, denied you "legitimate Access" to your own apartment in that house!

I guess they are trying to gang-up on you or pass a coded message to you?

Okay, no need to vex on top this matter
. angry angry

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
Qc1:

grin grin grin

I could have had 8 room duplex but I decided on the void to make the space useless for now. Instead, I have 3 living rooms and a ante room. Why? Because the more empty rooms you have, the more you have a relation somewhere to give you an excuse to move in with you.

Mine is 3 rooms, I made the whole living room upstairs one huge bedroom, Im actually looking at making my loft a gym
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 24, 2017
mufutau55:

My brother if you get Vertigo, you no go want climb Coconut tree o. smiley

Hajji M.

No mind am, na youth dey worry am grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 24, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Duplex owner issues grin

We bungalownians just dey look all una.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 12:08am On Feb 24, 2017
One I dont pay anything and I dodge every opportunity to get me involved in anything. The other I pay security and the security gate is outside my house so I do not really mind. Me I no get liver for 9ja politics since our people are basically disingenuous.

The only thing that got under my skin was when I had to pay 136k to connect to NEPA. Mafia disconnected me initially when I no pay and a close landlord friend say make I let it slide and plug into the community. I convert to pounds and decided not wotth the stress.

mavverick:
Hmmmmmn Madam Na Wah oooo

So you mean you pay them security dues and you are happy for them to use your money to chop fish or buy jeeps ? What does staying on the sideline mean madam (payment or no payment), if i may ask.

In as much as nobody likes wahala, I feel its good to also draw a line between what is acceptable and what is not, what is always wrong with some people, things they know are utterly wrong, yet they still feel its right to do it. If thats how they have no accountability at work, next thing thier work will drag them to ALAGBON in ikoyi there. Why is it that some feel they can take advantage of others ?

As for your tenants, I think someone needs to read the riot act to them before they take complete control.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 12:32am On Feb 24, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Oga,
Is this "doable" when a decking has been done already?, ( using QCI's house present stage as an example). How will you join the old and new decking together. Will there be additional pillars (columns). Can you enlighten me. I can email you as well if you give me you address.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:53am On Feb 24, 2017
Truthinlife:

Oga,
Is this "doable" when a decking has been done already?, ( using QCI's house present stage as an example). How will you join the old and new decking together. Will there be additional pillars (columns). Can you enlighten me. I can email you as well if you give me you address.

No. No. That was during construction, the whole area was decked. Not after the decking o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:59am On Feb 24, 2017
Qc1:

grin grin grin

You are right o. But impossible for my side, I got too many children and too many grand-children for any other family member to come approach me o.
More reason I built a 7 bedrooms ensuite duplex and a twin two bedrooms as a BQ. The whole town living together o. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:01am On Feb 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Duplex owner issues grin
We bungalownians just dey look all una.

I no blame you jare but my family too plenty ni o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2017
chidexy:
hi guys,

could anyone please help me out with the current prices of plastic water storage tanks. From 2k liters upwards for various brands.

Thanks
I brought storex 2500 liters plastic water tank 45k in Ilorin last week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:42am On Feb 24, 2017
mufutau55:

You are right o. But impossible for my side, I got too many children and too many grand-children for any other family member to come approach me o.
More reason I built a 7 bedrooms ensuite duplex and a twin two bedrooms as a BQ. The whole town living together o. smiley

Hajji M.
Aha baba the community house B dat ni
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 9:20am On Feb 24, 2017
Qc1:

Yes ooooo

After spending tens of millions to correct the mess the so-called builder made. Anyway, to God be the Glory.

The picture below was just 3 days old.
Have you been able to construct channels for water to direct it away from the building foundation , because from the picture you attached no sign or mention of water channels against this because this was one of the major source of challenge back then. water SIPPING into your compound from the surroundings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 9:26am On Feb 24, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Na true o. You might be dodging a person in the living room downstairs and the person raises his/her head and sees you through the void. Me, i no wan that kin thing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 9:27am On Feb 24, 2017
lastpage:

Ask if it is "Stamped", original stainless steel they are going to use.
If it is, that price is fair enough as of today.

Average, current price of the original, stainless steel is 26K - 28K per SqMeter. (with the "design parts" included)

Lastpage!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 9:30am On Feb 24, 2017
Qc1:

grin grin grin

This is the main reason why my duplex in the villa is 4-bedroom. My family wanted to increase it but i gave a stern warning that on no account should the interior plans be amended and that anybody that amends it by adding more rooms will take over the responsibility of funding the build. Na so everybody maintain.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2017
NL1960:

This is the main reason why my duplex in the villa is 4-bedroom. My family wanted to increase it but i gave a stern warning that on no account should the interior plans be amended and that anybody that amends it by adding more rooms will take over the responsibility of funding the build. Na so everybody maintain.
I like that your last word.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:46am On Feb 24, 2017
I now see where you are coming from, I stay away from all association politics now as well. The last time they approached me to help them speak to Baale and honourable about interlocking the road, I managed to secure that but I have since resigned from the association. If they cannot account for common security levy, how can they undertake million naira project such as a new road.

I also paid 90K to connect, I had connected before I paid sha and I only paid as a symbolic gesture, since they could not show me proof that 90k is the amount others have paid, and then another 60K paid for some other NEPA works, the latter I was involved with NEPA and actually negotiated and told them what/how the work should be done. I then informed them that we should have it as a rule that every landlord now needs to pay 150K to connect a house, I couldn't get overall support simply because most of them have more than 1 plot/house.

Do they disturb you over your refusal to pay security levy?

gabbytabby:
One I dont pay anything and I dodge every opportunity to get me involved in anything. The other I pay security and the security gate is outside my house so I do not really mind. Me I no get liver for 9ja politics since our people are basically disingenuous.

The only thing that got under my skin was when I had to pay 136k to connect to NEPA. Mafia disconnected me initially when I no pay and a close landlord friend say make I let it slide and plug into the community. I convert to pounds and decided not wotth the stress.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2017
erico2k2:

Aha baba the community house B dat ni

Abi o, my brother.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
I generally pay security levy but when majority of the tenants no pay they will stop them at the gate and one time I hear say they came to the house and disconnected the light at the time, I was not living in the house.

Hopefully this year it will become a thing of the past I am moving to an all inclusive rent.

mavverick:
I now see where you are coming from, I stay away from all association politics now as well. The last time they approached me to help them speak to Baale and honourable about interlocking the road, I managed to secure that but I have since resigned from the association. If they cannot account for common security levy, how can they undertake million naira project such as a new road.

I also paid 90K to connect, I had connected before I paid sha and I only paid as a symbolic gesture, since they could not show me proof that 90k is the amount others have paid, and then another 60K paid for some other NEPA works, the latter I was involved with NEPA and actually negotiated and told them what/how the work should be done. I then informed them that we should have it as a rule that every landlord now needs to pay 150K to connect a house, I couldn't get overall support simply because most of them have more than 1 plot/house.

Do they disturb you over your refusal to pay security levy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ohiomoba5 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.