Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4367916 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 28, 2017
mavverick:

A friend of mine usually says that with construction in Nigeria, look at it like you are asking them to build a car, you have got to tell them that the car needs 4 tyres, windows, a steering, engine, controls, electrics etc. you may laugh, but take this advice and keep it in your tight fist.

So I originally bought 6 well rings from my regular block supplier who knows my standards and he actually made them onsite, spank brand new.

I ordered 5 from another supplier (I do this often to share the income in the neighborhood). Would you believe that this turkey brought pre-used well rings to my site? Pre-used as in it was installed before and removed.

I didn't say anything because it wasn't spelled out that I was buying new or used rings. I didn't think that I had to do that but now I know better grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:31am On Feb 28, 2017

Click Like if you also think JVexpat is same as Osaz or click share if you think nay
The way JVExpat narrated the whole story gave him up. This is more than relaying a message...jvexpat = osaz
grin grin

JVExpat:

I just spoke with Osaz over the phone immediately I saw this because for me, i was shocked and my principle is to hear two sides of a story. Having personally contracted some jobs to him which in all sincerity he delivered perfectly, including a multi-storey building project we are currently developing in the same axis. He has so far lived up to expectation.

Btw, I am a real estate developer, practicing for over 15 years now and based on my industry knowledge and versatility, I did a thorough background check on Engr Osaz and got good recommendation from all quarters, including the relevant professional bodies. Infact this is the first time I'm reading otherwise about him.

Based on his explanation over the phone and your post here, this issue is purely that of misunderstanding and could easily have being resolved on a round table.
You contracted him to construct pile foundations but didnt specify that he must use a machine. He decided to use manual method which is not necessarily a bad option but i feel it may be slower. Personally I have seen manual method being used for boring piles of that width up to 15m depth but you or your supervising engineer refused, then he asked for an upward cost review if you insist on the use of machines, you also declined, he then in good faith and to build client relationship had to mobilized a machine to site which was not his, since his own was faulty at the time and according to him, he informed you about everything. He still retained his workmen on site to monitor the activities of the new machine operator, after giving them specific instructions which they adhered to.

According to him, He made quasi-dry mix concrete with adequate concrete mix ratio, which your supervising engineer refused for whatever reason. His men worked the reinforcement well and mix the concrete properly to instruction. He was on the site everyday since the machine was mobilized but didnt always stay on site all day. Again, I don't think that's much of a problem since i don't expect that a contractor should be micro-managed inasmuch as he already have site representatives there.

Next, you said the machine operator downed tool after 26 points. He refuted that, saying the action was certainly stage-managed by the machine owner having released enough money to them to drill up to 35 points (which is about 78% of the job) but they stopped at 29 points . According to him, this could have being done in collusion with your supervising engineer who constantly asked for 'settlement' which he didn't give to him at the time. The idea may have been to hijack the project from him so they can sit on it. He sent me enough evidence on whatsapp to prove that anyway. The machine operator didn't stop while he was on site for about 4 hours that morning until he left the site to attend to issues elsewhere. That's enough reason to suspect a foul play!

Rather than allow him take up issue with the machine owner he himself brought and compel them to work, he said you simply transferred money to the machine owner in the midst of the crisis without his consent and asked that he stay off the site as you are now prepared to complete the project using his balance payment left with you. That was a very wrong action by basic contract law. He then said he called you and asked that if by any means in your quest to control the site yourself you happen to have spent above the balance of the contract sum left with you, he was willing to do a refund. But you told him not to worry about anything that you do not need any refund from him.

Although, he has shown enough maturity by promising not to join issues with you. That for me is enough respect for you sir. Some persons may rather take legal actions even based on this post. Resorting to blackmail the personality of this young gentle man is really unfair to him. For me, I still have no problems or issues with him so far on any of my sites, until he does otherwise.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 5:16am On Feb 28, 2017
Hmm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 28, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qkamson: 6:11am On Feb 28, 2017
I am skeptic about my Builder's estimate. Am in dire need of advice if to continue or back off from the project with current builder. Pls. find attached estimate.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 6:42am On Feb 28, 2017
3strikes:

Click Like if you also think JVexpat is same as Osaz or click share if you think nay
The way JVExpat narrated the whole story gave him up. This is more than relaying a message...jvexpat = osaz
grin grin

Its very unfortunate the kind of business men we have in Nigeria.
The complainant gave an elucid explanation of what took place while the roguesta called osaz came up with another moniker JVEPAT to decieve himself and not us.
This is the reason a man in my hood method of engaging workers is great. He will only pay after the job has been finished and inspected, if you dont agree to his terms make you waka go else where and he said he had to do this after his trust has been abused repeatedly by contractor, Builders, artisans etc.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 7:51am On Feb 28, 2017
hoyo:
nice one MR olawale, i thought we have seen the end of fraud on NL property, didnt know another one is springing up, Engr Osaz, where @thou, come and answer your query....Nigerians and fraud na 5&6 shocked shocked shocked

I, Engr. Osaz' Enobakhare (StrutE) is neither a fraudulent person nor did i engage in any fraudulent activity in the case in point. I continue to serve my clients both home and abroad within the best of my abilities.

My joy is that the Project Owner in question also admitted that it was not a case of fraud. It was neither a case of negligence. It was simply a case of a project hijack and series of misunderstanding which we have always resolved together.

My career aim is to make happy clients. But in situations like this, I am saddened at the events that occured thereafter having stated that we back out of the project for the time being and I, on behalf of my team therefore make a public appeal to the Client in question, Olawale100 (Mr. Olawale Olabintan) to bear with us.

With Regards.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marylandcakes: 10:53am On Feb 28, 2017
@Myesky I think I have been more than patient with you, I never wanted to bring this out on this forum but you have given me no choice. You took on the contract to supply galvanised protectors to my site in November 2016, The agreement was 50% down payment, 25% on delivery and balance of 25% once everything has been installed and okay.
You hadn't even completed the first part of the bargain when you started asking for more money to which I refused saying we should stick to what we agreed. You delayed my project and only brought some of the stuff to site about two weeks ago. You brought substandard materials to site and my Uncle who is managing my project ask you to return them. You promised to rectify and during this process my uncle caught you trying to sneak in the substandard metal and you had to remove it.
Despite the fact that you didn't deliver all the goods you were still paid the 25% , you have now been paid 75% of the money.

You were supposed to have delivered these goods before the plasterers finished their jobs early December. The plastering job finished and I had to call them back to site and pay extra but now because of your inability to deliver all the goods as agreed they are getting frustrated and have threatened to abandon the job.

I have also had to increase my original fees for my Alluminium man because of your delay the products have increased in the market. I don't really want to get into a slanging match with you and please stop giving pathetic excuses like school fees and all sorts. I will give you till the end of this week if you don't deliver you can forget your balance I will use that to hire someone else to get the job done.

You create such a professional image on here but you are not based on my dealings with you I am very disappointed in you and will not be touching you with a badge pole ever again.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:05am On Feb 28, 2017
The chickens are coming home to roost. More revelations coming out!
Jefthelene, Muyesky,..... Still counting.
Its even more insulting when rather than accept and make amends, you will see them claiming no fault of thiers. Jefthelene or what ever you call yourself keep deceiving yourself and not us here.
Go and check what is the defination of fraud, if shifting the goal post in the middle of a game is not fraud then i wonder what it is.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2017
back2sender:

Its very unfortunate the kind of business men we have in Nigeria.
The complainant gave an elucid explanation of what took place while the roguesta called osaz came up with another moniker JVEPAT to decieve himself and not us.
This is the reason a man in my hood method of engaging workers is great. He will only pay after the job has been finished and inspected, if you dont agree to his terms make you waka go else where and he said he had to do this after his trust has been abused repeatedly by contractor, Builders, artisans etc.

Kindly desist from calling me names. JVEpat is my Client i met on dis forum and he also has a right to his own opinions. If there is any roguesta in this matter as it stands now, its you!

You swallow everything you read hook, line and sinker without crosschecking facts. Shows the kind of person you are really. No-one can tarnish my image no matter how hard they try.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 11:17am On Feb 28, 2017
back2sender:
Its even more insulting when rather than accept and make amends, you will see them claiming no fault of thiers. Jefthelene or what ever you call yourself keep deceiving yourself and not us here.
Go and check what is the defination of fraud, if shifting the goal post in the middle of a game is not fraud then i wonder what it is.

You are actually making a fool of yourself, not me. Just looking for names to call. Inability to interprets simple matters and check the merit of a case. Typical of zombies.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:17am On Feb 28, 2017
back2sender:
Not again, why cant some contractors / artisans abide by terms & conditions of agreed contractual obligations when they are given a job to do, they dont know that one negative comment is enough to close several opportunities and doors to them, what a shame, trust, trust and trust is an essential commodity in the book of some Nigerians. angry angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:18am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

Kindly desist from calling me names. JVEpat is my Client andand he also has aright to his own opinions. If there is any roguesta in this matter as it stands now, its you! You swallow everything you read hook, line and sinker without crosschecking facts. Shows the kind of person you are.
Ole buruku! Your are a chameleon and its only CROOKS that exhibit this kind of behaviour. You cannot speak for yourself but JV expat speaking for you (we burst this angle) before you rear your thief thief head to do a recant. Its too late carry your story to the marines and not us here.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:20am On Feb 28, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Not again, why cant some contractors / artisans abide by terms & conditions of agreed contractual obligations when they are given a job to do, they dont know that one negative comment is enough to close several opportunities and doors to them, what a shame, trust, trust and trust is an essential commodity in the book of some Nigerians. angry angry
Dont mind the morons who are deceiving themselves. Someone cannot not keep to simple terms, after collecting money started giving all kinds of stories,. This is the characters of crooksters

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 11:21am On Feb 28, 2017
AngelicBeing:

Good observation, the question now is what terms and conditions did I not abide by? Kindly enumerate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 11:24am On Feb 28, 2017
back2sender:

Ole buruku! Your are a chameleon and its only CROOKS that exhibit this kind of behaviour. You cannot speak for yourself but JV expat speaking for you (we burst this angle) before you rear your thief thief head to do a recant. Its too late carry your story to the marines and not us here.

Who cares about what you think? You also have right to your own opinions. Always spewing trash! Attention seeking mofo.

Let me get you busy. The question now is what terms and conditions did I not abide by? Kindly enumerate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:24am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

You are actually making a fool of yourself, not me. Just looking for names to call. Inability to interprets simple matters and check the merit of a case. Typical of zombies.
A Zombie is better than a THIEF WHICH YOU ARE

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 11:26am On Feb 28, 2017
back2sender:

A Zombie is better than a THIEF WHICH YOU ARE

Now you resort to insult, taking panadol for another man's headache. That's how shameless you have become.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:27am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

Who cares about what you think? You also have right to your own opinions. Always spewing trash!

Let me get you busy. The question now is what terms and conditions did I not abide by? Kindly enumerate
See Jefthelene the fraudster asking questions, you have lost your right to ask questions here.
A thief who called himself a builder who collected money from a client and did not get the job done.
Jefthelene is a crook!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:28am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

Now you resort to insult, taking panadol for another man's headache. That's how shameless you have become.
Jefthelene is a crook and the Latest entry into the HALL OF SHAME SHAME. when we thought we have seen it all here

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:29am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

I am shameless but not a THIEF

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marilo(m): 11:30am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

Good observation, the question now is what terms and conditions did I not abide by? Kindly enumerate

Can you in all honesty disprove the fact that jeftalene is not JVexpat? Look,there are no fools here,okay? If you think you can pull wool over anybody's eyes,some of us are trained to smoke out people like you who are not smart enough to cover up your action/inaction.

I will advise you to do what is necessary (even if it takes you some extra quid off your pocket). Some of us sit on the fence and see people like you feed fat on other people's sweat and you still have the effrontery to come and claim saint. That is an insult on the collective interest of all hardworking people here.

I don't know you or any of the parties involved in this case but I am interested (maybe more than interested) in at least nailing one of those people who think being a "professional" on nairaland is a licence to feed fat on people's hard earned money.

Do the needful,this is no time for lame excuses!

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 11:30am On Feb 28, 2017
back2sender:

See Jefthelene the fraudster asking questions, you have lost your right to ask questions here.
A thief who called himself a builder who collected money from a client and did not get the job done.
Jefthelene is a crook!

Lol...go and read the storyline again, the job was actually completed. See ur life?

Abeg let me concentrate on the ongoing project abeg. Dont have dat largesse of time for a confused attention seeker.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:32am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

Address this issues raised by your dissatisfied client, instead of your back and forth here, mellow down and reach out to your client with an olive branch, if need be, apologize and if you have to do restitution to him for the sake of future projects, go ahead and do it sad undecided

olawale100:
I am based in Nigeria.

His own is not a case of fraud but it is a case of ;

1. Irresponsibility - Abandoning site and duty.

2. Misinformation - Not specifying the type of drilling (Hand drill) and mixing (hand mix as against concrete mixer) method

3. Unprofessional - Subcontracted the job without ensuring the project is seen through.

Like I mentioned, I had paid 78% of project cost, and the balance 22% was used to pay the drillers. The project cost me more eventually I had to pay for concrete mixer for 7 days and paid for casting of 12 pile points. My finger was burnt but not so much. If I did not know one or two things about buildings, I would have been dealt a bad blow.

I actually sent a mail to him that I will post on Nairaland.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 11:33am On Feb 28, 2017
Marilo:

Can you in all honesty disprove the fact that jeftalene is not JVexpat? Look,there are no fools here,okay? If you think you can pool wool over anybody's eyes,some of us are trained to smoke out people like you who are not smart enough to cover up your action/inaction.

I will advise you to do what is necessary (even if it takes you some extra quid off your pocket). Some of us sit on the fence and see people like you feed fat on other people's sweat and you still have the effrontery to come and claim saint. That is an insult on the collective interest of all hardworking people here.

I don't know you or any of the parties involved in this case but I am interested (maybe more than interested) in at least nailing one of those people who think being a "professional" on nairaland is a licence to feed fat on people's hard earned money.

Do the needful,this is no time for lame excuses!

Why not pm JVExpat and ask to meet him personally and take you to his site at least to confirm if m not working on his project at the moment. Must everybody support the complainant and dismiss d accused just to feel sympathetic. I bliv in evidence not assumptions.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:34am On Feb 28, 2017
We have advised alot of nlanders here to go the extra miles before engaging anyone here and not on trust or recommendations alone.
Even if person recommend Hajji agba to me as a reputable builder i will plant alot of minefield n red flags in my dealings with him. I used him as an example because even if the person has is kind of xter and honesty you still do not let Guide down. Trust is very expensive in Naija

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:42am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

Why not pm JVExpat and ask to meet him personally and take you to his site at least to confirm if m not working on his project at the moment. Must everybody support the complainant and dismiss d accused just to feel sympathetic. I bliv in evidence not assumptions.
Must everybody support the complainant and dismiss the accused just to feel sympathetic. I bliv in evidence not assumptions ?
My learned nlanders can you hear this Jefthelene? This thief reminds me of one person here.
Who is supporting who? The narration of olawale shows someone in pain after been treated badly by you. Instead of you to make amends, At a apoint you even stop picking His calls, we know the parole.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marilo(m): 11:42am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

jeftalene is JVExpat....All anybody needs to do is read the posts of the person behind the 2 monikers.

I am not sure anybody is interested in anything as much as settling things amicably with the complainant. The complainant has the right to hire and fire and you have a right to seek redress but coming through your "lawyer",in this case, JVExpat smirks of nothing but hypocrisy!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeftalene(m): 11:42am On Feb 28, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Address this issues raised by your dissatisfied client, instead of your back and forth here, mellow down and reach out to your client with an olive branch, if need be, apologize and if you have to do restitution to him for the sake of future projects, go ahead and do it sad undecided

Here are some of the issue raised and I responded prompt. Just so that you have a better understanding of what transpired

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 11:42am On Feb 28, 2017
Integrity, Integrity Integrity, choi, Nigerians and we keep blaming Buhari......

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:44am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

Lol...go and read the storyline again, the job was actually completed. See ur life?

Abeg let me concentrate on the ongoing project abeg. Dont have dat largesse of time for a confused attention seeker.
Completed by you from start to finish and at the agreed rate before commencement. slowpoke

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marylandcakes: 11:47am On Feb 28, 2017
back2sender:
We have advised alot of nlanders here to go the extra miles before engaging anyone here and not on trust or recommendations alone.
Even if person recommend Hajji agba to me as a reputable builder i will plant alot of minefield n red flags in my dealings with him. I used him as an example because even if the person has is kind of xter and honesty you still do not let Guide down. Trust is very expensive in Naija

What other recommendations does one require @muyesky comes highly recommended by a few people who I have a lot of respect for on this thread. The pictures of his work are highly professional. PLEASE NOTE I never said he defrauded me . He has jus treated my project non chalantly. And keeps giving flimsy excuses.

I have used a few people on nairaland due to recommendations e.g nairalandlawyer and sezgy ( the Abuja guy) no problems. When sezgy was in Benin he even helped me to check on my site take pictures and send to me. I am still waiting to buy him a drink.

In the western world people rely on other people's reviews to make informed decisions. What is wrong with Nigerians?

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), KIDfurniture(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.