Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376112 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
What is the difference between "gutter" sand and sharp sand?

Which is best for driveways?

Do you still need to add granite to "gutter" sand?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Please check your pm as regards this.
MODALSOUL1:
where are the cheapest lands in Nigeria? I prefer the remote cheap lands and also prefer to purchase in Acres,not plot .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidexy(m): 10:53am On Feb 26, 2018
Good day Folks. Please, how much does Interlocking stones cost either per unit or square meter? Also, how many of such individual stones would make up a square meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
BASIC KEY POINTS ABOUT OUR PROPERTIES
((1)). MAXIMUM SECURITY
((2)). QUICK APPRECIATIONS
((3)). EASY ACCESS ROAD
((4)). NO OMOONILE WAHALA
((5)). INSTANT ALLOCATION.
((6)). ALL OUR LAND ARE DRIED AND TABLE
Always remember that we are on radio listen to
My boss Apostle Landlord live on Radio WAZOBIA
FM 95.1 Every Tuesday & WEDNESDAY ((Time
8:15am)) and on 92.3 Inspiration FM Every
wednesday and Thursday ((Time 8:15am))
FOR more enquiries concerning our properties
pls call ME on 08038781738.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
EgunMogaji:
What is the difference between "gutter" sand and sharp sand?

Which is best for driveways?

Do you still need to add granite to "gutter" sand?

Thanks.
Sir, gutter sand are sand extracted from gutters always with black mod until is wash, it is sometimes soft or sharp.

Sharp sand are most from dredging site some look like gutter sand.

Driveway concrete strength is determine by load of vehicle passing on it, less than 5tons you may not need granite if wire mesh is in it, but without wire mesh you need granite.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
chidexy:
Good day Folks. Please, how much does Interlocking stones cost either per unit or square meter? Also, how many of such individual stones would make up a square meter?
Varies by location, size of each mould hv pics then you can simply hv ans to ur question
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
Chekitaut:
Sir, gutter sand are sand extracted from gutters always with black mod until is wash, it is sometimes soft or sharp.

Sharp sand are most from dredging site some look like gutter sand.

Driveway concrete strength is determine by load of vehicle passing on it, less than 5tons you may not need granite if wire mesh is in it, but without wire mesh you need granite.

Thank you, Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2018
What are the Prices and location Please
One 12mm iron
One 8mm iron
Soft wood plank
2 by 2
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by galax1: 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
*Urgent For Sale*
A Quarter plot of land for sale @Jakande first gate, Lekki, facing express
Contact me for enquiry
House and shops is on top....call 08032416391
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 1:55am On Feb 27, 2018
oyb:

yes. enter find my device on a friends google playstore
morning Sir, not getting it but I have installed the My Device on a friends
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 2:04am On Feb 27, 2018
MODALSOUL1:
where are the cheapest lands in Nigeria? I prefer the remote cheap lands and also prefer to purchase in Acres,not plot .
/
Try the border of Niger and Nigeria.

/

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 27, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

/

I beg make I find small space to faint grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:51am On Feb 27, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 27, 2018
i would like ti ask his question... which of these procedures come in the right order? tiling,door frame fixing,pop/pvc,electricity
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 9:20am On Feb 27, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

/

But why are you like this naa grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 9:26am On Feb 27, 2018
Good morning house !

The site engineer
The architect
The project manager

Who amongst these three can help fast tract a beautification proposal?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ubox: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2018
for your building design needs, contact uboks.nyah@yahoo.com for your Awe striking building designs at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs#54818903

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:39am On Feb 27, 2018
Chekitaut:
Strong advice, pls pile up Granite & Sand, stock your cement it will last up to a month in stock before it cake.

Na true or you dey do marketing??

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 11:40am On Feb 27, 2018
Often times people stop themselves with what i call a defeatist attitude. You need to seriously carry out a feasibility study on what is possible and price. Even as we speak there are still plots on the fringes of Lagos state(in Ogun state) of less than 500k that people are using for commercial farming. I personally know one bought 2 plots for 550k about 4 years ago.

Often times people want to jump before they can roll and then choose to do nothing as the alternative. Wherever you are at the moment, make that count. If you choose to bail out then the hardwork mentality will already be there so that its just a location issue and you will always do well. If you lazy for 9ja chances are nothing changes even when you bail oh.

Last year I travelled into 9ja and the foreigner queue was longer(more than double) than that of the indigenous we need to figure out what is really happening under our noses that they are seeing and doing while we are screaming of no jobs.

I apologise Oga Mufutau

Idealer:

My bro, I love this. Would totally love to do something like this but since my papa had to buy even the land wey I dey build house for now, I no get land. I will have to start by buying land first which is not an easy feat.
More grease to your elbows

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:57am On Feb 27, 2018
gabbytabby:
Often times people stop themselves with what i call a defeatist attitude. You need to seriously carry out a feasibility study on what is possible and price. Even as we speak there are still plots on the fringes of Lagos state(in Ogun state) of less than 500k that people are using for commercial farming. I personally know one bought 2 plots for 550k about 4 years ago.

Often times people want to jump before they can roll and then choose to do nothing as the alternative. Wherever you are at the moment, make that count. If you choose to bail out then the hardwork mentality will already be there so that its just a location issue and you will always do well. If you lazy for 9ja chances are nothing changes even when you bail oh.

Last year I travelled into 9ja and the foreigner queue was longer(more than double) than that of the indigenous we need to figure out what is really happening under our noses that they are seeing and doing while we are screaming of no jobs.

I apologise Oga Mufutau

A family friend of mine bought 24 plots at igbesa at Ado Odo /ota local government area of ogun state, l went to the place to see things for myself and I bought several plots as well at 400,000 / per plot early last year, my family friend bought his lesser than mine, I bought not necessarily for farming and I was attracted to the area because of the Ogun state / China free trade zone, igbesa polytechnic, Crawford University, and several companies situated in that axis.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
AngelicBeing:
A family friend of mine bought 24 plots at igbesa at Ado Odo /ota local government area of ogun state, l went to the place to see things for myself and I bought several plots as well at 400,000 / per plot early last year, my family friend bought his lesser than mine, I bought not necessarily for farming and I was attracted to the area because of the Ogun state / China free trade zone, igbesa polytechnic, Crawford University, and several companies situated in that axis.

You're right. People should not necessarily wait for the "big time" to invest. Just yesterday i went to inspect some lands at Ologuneru area in Ibadan for a client. It was about 550k per plot. You should not necessarily wait till you have 10-20million to buy a land.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
KolaShangOne:

You're right. People should not necessarily wait for the "big time" to invest. Just yesterday i went to inspect some lands at Ologuneru area in Ibadan for a client. It was about 550k per plot. You should not necessarily wait till you have 10-20million to buy a land.

Is ologuneru near jericho or elebu?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
KolaShangOne:

Yes, due to the proximity of Ibadan and Ogun state to Lagos, I think buying lands in those areas are good, even if you are not ready to use the land immediately, buy it, if you can fence it, go ahead or give it to family members living within that vicinity to use it to farm which invariably secures the land from omoniles and secures it for you while at the same time whoever farms on it on your behalf if you are not resident in Nigeria at the moment, will grow crops to feed himself and also sell at the market, it becomes a win win situation, your land is preserved till when you choose to use it smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 3:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
You really made a good choice not waiting till people start building skyscraper before you buy but because of future prospect in the area just as i was telling spyder880.
AngelicBeing:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2018
Dremca:
You really made a good choice not waiting till people start building skyscraper before you buy but because of future prospect in the area just as i was telling spyder880.
l didn't like the idea initially when my friend suggested it to me but I took out time to visit the place myself and I was overwhelmed with what I saw in that area, Obasanjo, Winners Chapel and several companies bought thousands of acres of land in that axis, from Agbara estate to igbesa axis they have Unilever, Flourmill, Glaxo smitkline, Nestle foods just to mention but a few and over 200 SME's are scattered all over that axis, power supply is better than Lagos which is one of the main attractions for investors into that area, and the support given by Ogun state government to attract them into the state,

The only draw back l witnessed is bad roads which I think the government of Ogun state should address more because attention seems to be focused more on Abeokuta in terms of road rehabilitation but despite the bad roads, I am shocked that more companies are flocking towards that igbesa axis. lol, I guess the bad roads means nothing to them wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
In less than five years, the place will be a commercial hub and lands there will be as high N10M per plot or more. That's the power of seeing and investing in the future.
AngelicBeing:
l didn't like the idea initially when my friend suggested it to me but I took out time to visit the place myself and I was overwhelmed with what I saw in that area, Obasanjo, Winners Chapel and several companies bought thousands of acres of land in that axis, from Agbara estate to igbesa axis they have Unilever, Flourmill, Glaxo smitkline, Nestle foods just to mention but a few and over 200 SME's are scattered all over that axis, power supply is better than Lagos which is one of the main attractions for investors into that area, and the support given by Ogun state government to attract them into the state,

The only draw back l witnessed is bad roads which I think the government of Ogun state should address more because attention seems to be focused more on Abeokuta in terms of road rehabilitation but despite the bad roads, I am shocked that more companies are flocking towards that igbesa axis. lol, I guess the bad roads means nothing to them wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Idealer(m): 5:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
gabbytabby:

I like this and will apply it in other areas. Nice one. However as per the discussion in question 400 or 500k may seem like a no brainer but fact remains that it depends on your particular situation at the time and the opportunity cost. Because person no buy land at 500k no necessarily make am lazy. It might just be the case of opportunity cost and or not being exposed to opportunities or a host of other things beyond simple hardwork.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
aonag:
i would like ti ask his question... which of these procedures come in the right order? tiling,door frame fixing,pop/pvc,electricity

There is no sure order especially with the doors/frame. Height adjustable doors can be fixed before or after but nonadjustable doors must be before tiling.

Electricity comes before any type of ceiling. I wouldn't want any heavy ceiling works after ceiling has being installed. Besides, Electrician will charge higher labour charges working in an already finished ceiling. The risk of damage to ceiling and ceiling heat is unbearable.

Ceiling should come before tiling. This is to avoid staining/scratching the tiles especially with POP and scaffolding.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
cjrane:

Highrise apartments are the ONLY way to provide decent accommodation at affordable prices in countries like Nigeria with massive population.

My only concern is that the state or LGA should mandate landlords to do interlocking stones on their streets. Lack of paved streets and sealed wells make the lives of residence dreadful. I know the tarring of streets should be duty of LGA, but we know LGAs are a bunch of corrupt vassals.

Therefore, a responsible arrangement would be for the state to collect a fixed tax per building and use the proceeds to build interlocking stones street for them.
Meanwhile every house must provide a concrete gutter in front of the houses.

Landlords are also allowed to increase collect a water rent and use the money to drill a borehole in front of every building and pump the water into an overhead tank where residents can get water for cooking, cleaning and washing.

While l dont mind (infact, l support 101%) the idea you posted as highlighted in red, l will wonder-aloud, about what happens to all such monies that hiuse owners pay to Govt?
We pay taxes for infrastructural development... they steal it.
We pay Land use Charge ...they steal it!
We pay Tenement rate .... they steal it!

So, whatever we still pay, will be stolen!
We just have criminals pretending to be Govt officials and dishing out instructions on how to rip-off ordinary citizens.

I will rather advocate that we stop paying completely (Gov abolishes all taxes and payments) and then compel all House owners to tar or concrete the frontage (Pillar to Pillar and up to half of the road, at a minimum) of their houses, including Gutter.
Aferall, we still have to provide water and our own electricity! undecided
That is exactly what l did in my own buildings and l still pay taxes and other rates

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4371557/land-use-charge-law-2018#65421340

Is Anybody aware of this matter of Land Use Charge Law?....especialy when the Gov. has not provided any amenities in most area...Tenants go hear am!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
Can we discuss this adjustable height doors that I keep hearing about.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrAkpamudehe, walexyll(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.