Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4367744 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2018
@MODALSOUL1
Please let your post relates to building constructions.
Enough of posting architectural pictures on this thread, you already opened a thread for that. Thank you.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
@ALL
Please people, let's go back into discussing building construction discussions that this thread is meant for. Enough discussing about Overseas vs Nigeria living or politics. Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
peterphd:

Experts, help o..

If it were me, I’ll get a second opinion from a local company.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
oyb:

yes. enter find my device on a friends google playstore
thanks,still on it and something made me fear about my bank acct this evening,still on tracking, really appreciated the caring
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjrane: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
spyder880:

This post mirrors what is happening in the south east and south south, I tthink it's a lack of lands and a ballooning population that is driving this culture of building upwards since the early 80s. In most urban cities like Onitsha, PH, Enugu, Aba, Owerri and Asaba, houses are rising higher than 4 floors.

An old neighbourhood in Onitsha.

Highrise apartments are the ONLY way to provide decent accommodation at affordable prices in countries like Nigeria with massive population.

My only concern is that the state or LGA should mandate landlords to do interlocking stones on their streets. Lack of paved streets and sealed wells make the lives of residence dreadful. I know the tarring of streets should be duty of LGA, but we know LGAs are a bunch of corrupt vassals.

Therefore, a responsible arrangement would be for the state to collect a fixed tax per building and use the proceeds to build interlocking stones street for them. Meanwhile every house must provide a concrete gutter in front of the houses.

Landlords are also allowed to increase collect a water rent and use the money to drill a borehole in front of every building and pump the water into an overhead tank where residents can get water for cooking, cleaning and washing.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
Any planned estate where people are already building should cost more than 5M in most part of Nigerian except in places like borno and yobe state cheesy if the area can developed in the next five years, is not a big deal. Besides the present lekki formerly known as Maroko didn't develop overnight, it was envisioned over 20years ago. What matters is the prospect of the area. I believe with time more development will commence in your estate.
spyder880:

Thanks for bringing this up, I marketed my lands aggressively, and the first one was sold out in less than 6 months when I didn't do any radio/TV adverts or print fliers. I stopped a lot of people from paying and even returned money to some people who couldn't complete their payment at the agreed time. The second estate moved fast too, but I chose to reserve a lot of plots for future development. The lands were cheap, but not is an already well developed zone.

My main problem is with speedy development of the area. Attracting plot owners to build will need infrastructure and the cost is staggering. So I decided to change tactics, I even tried selling a good house of mine to speed up development in the estates so people can build immediately. Now the road to the area is being constructed by the state government. So I wait a little.

But my next estate must be in a well developed area where we can move and start building immediately, but can people buy in this tough economy? Not many people can afford plots for upwards of N5 million in Nigeria of today. I also have plans to start single building development for sale very soon.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oyejohnson(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’ve heard that these are not your full prices.

Why do you omit the full prices that include surveys, etc

This is borderline false advertisement.

The picture you posted was from our website www.adronhomesproperties.com (but the details there are not for ibeju-lekki) but for some of our other estate's, On the site we itemised all fee pertaining to each estates.
We as a brand, don't hide any of our fees.they are clearly stated on our website, brochure's (fliers) etc. Just as you can observe from the pictures have posted

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
The idea of constructing a generator house and the gatehouse together is getting me worried. The plan is to have the gen-house down, and the securityman house up.(i.e. a small storey structure).
But my only concern is the effect of generator vibrations over a long period on the entire structure. Won't there be a compromise of the structure?. Please, structural engineers should help me out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
March will be like Waoooh! in building industries, all materials proce will go up. Cement, Granite, Iron rod, Sharp sand etc. information gather is that Ministry of mineral resources(state & federal) increase taxes been paid by operators. The raising graph will likely drop from march.

Granite & Sharp sand are up now and will still go up.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
GENIUS18:
The idea of constructing a generator house and the gatehouse together is getting me worried. The plan is to have the gen-house down, and the securityman house up.(i.e. a small storey structure).
But my only concern is the effect of generator vibrations over a long period on the entire structure. Won't there be a compromise of the structure?. Please, structural engineers should help me out.

I have never liked that idea and will never do that.
I am not sure it is healthy for the security guard either.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
GENIUS18:
There won't be any compromise to the structure
Is your property not a residential one? Are u gonna use more than a lister?
My worry is the stress which the gate man is gonna be facing coming from up to down to open the gate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
The issue i see with your estate was the same problem most developers has. When you did the first project successful, you did not concentrate on making sure it is fully livable, rather, you went to start multiple other new ones without completing the first. Lekki garden got into problem too as a result of this same method.

If i were you, i would have gone in there and build my own personal house in the first estate and motivate few other that are capable to build something too. Even if the place is not ready to live in, i will build parks and take my kids there to play and host events to encourage development.

Just the way i would have done it. My opinion is not golden. I wish to meet you someday. You can use some little help to get things done

spyder880:

Thanks for bringing this up, I marketed my lands aggressively, and the first one was sold out in less than 6 months when I didn't do any radio/TV adverts or print fliers. I stopped a lot of people from paying and even returned money to some people who couldn't complete their payment at the agreed time. The second estate moved fast too, but I chose to reserve a lot of plots for future development. The lands were cheap, but not is an already well developed zone.

My main problem is with speedy development of the area. Attracting plot owners to build will need infrastructure and the cost is staggering. So I decided to change tactics, I even tried selling a good house of mine to speed up development in the estates so people can build immediately. Now the road to the area is being constructed by the state government. So I wait a little.

But my next estate must be in a well developed area where we can move and start building immediately, but can people buy in this tough economy? Not many people can afford plots for upwards of N5 million in Nigeria of today. I also have plans to start single building development for sale very soon.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2018

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
A good architect will always do design side by side not with a slab. Petroleum product is hazard to cement, thereby destroy the integrity of structure if a slab is adopted.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
Chekitaut:
March will be like Waoooh! in building industries, all materials proce will go up. Cement, Granite, Iron rod, Sharp sand etc. information gather is that Ministry of mineral resources(state & federal) increase taxes been paid by operators. The raising graph will likely drop from march.

Granite & Sharp sand are up now and will still go up.
what a bad news
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
GENIUS18:

Certainly your gen will be sound proof and if handled well will remain so for the next 15years or more.
As a precaution, create a basket covering the area where the gen will be placed and cast it. It should be a step up from the german floor.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oyejohnson(m): 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Attached is what I found previously.

Their land is N1,000,000 and their fees are N1,200,000 additionally for bungalow, making N2,200,000

The picture below shows the breakdown of our documentation fee for "Rehoboth park and gardens,phase 2(Ibeju-lekki)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=MODALSOUL1 post=65364642]where are the cheapest lands in Nigeria? I prefer the remote cheap lands and also prefer to purchase in Acres,not plot .
There are cheap lands all over Nigeria. It all depends on which part of the country is your preferred choice.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
Oyejohnson:

The picture you posted was from our website www.adronhomesproperties.com (but the details there are not for ibeju-lekki) but for some of our other estate's, On the site we itemised all fee pertaining to each estates.
We as a brand, don't hide any of our fees.they are clearly stated on our website, brochure's (fliers) etc. Just as you can observe from the pictures have posted

Yes, the details are not from Ibeju-Lekki, they are from one of your Ibadan properties. Yes, your fees are listed on your website which is where I got the information from.

The question is that when you post on Nairaland, why do you not easily list the whole fees for the land?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
MODALSOUL1:
I prefer coastal areas .As I look at the satellite map, there seems to be settlement in every corner of Nigeria. Are there any vast empty lands of up to 5000 acres? I would like to build a prestigious town ,not estate as they call it Nigeria. This mean the town will have everything a town has . For example, if the town is called "Roswell" there will be Roswell elementary school,High school, Hospital ,etc. Perhaps rally around for stakeholders and build university too. The security will act as Roswell police . I prefer remote lands that no one even cares ab6MN2VKXout then I would develop it into value.
There are about 9 coastal states in Nigeria.
Make your preferred state .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
GENIUS18:

I included a small section for gasoline generator for my security house but with due consideration. I don't really understand all this dual story security house or shared wall/fence security house.

For me, I have a high regard for Carbon Monoxide so he has a Carbon Monoxide and a Fire Alarm detector in his house.

The generator has a remote start and kill switch from inside his room so he's not running all over the place like I see in the movies which tome is ridiculous. This of his comfort and safety from going up and down the stairs.

There will be a standalone self-enclosed diesel generator in the future which will also be wired for remote start and stop.

I just want to encourage others to plan their site carefully, it's not a race to finish.

Good luck on your decision.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
MODALSOUL1:
The bungalow security post does nothing . how about an elevated one . there' s a way to build it with the gate and fence.

Not on my property.

My single-level security post is exactly what I need to do what is needed.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oyejohnson(m): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Yes, the details are not from Ibeju-Lekki, they are from one of your Ibadan properties. Yes, your fees are listed on your website which is where I got the information from.

The question is that when you post on Nairaland, why do you not easily list the whole fees for the land?

If buying on investment, all you need to pay for is the actual land fee ,without the documentation charge.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2018

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
Oyejohnson:

The picture below shows the breakdown of our documentation fee for "Rehoboth park and gardens,phase 2(Ibeju-lekki)

Please can you tell me what the developmental fee of 2.5M naira is for.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oyejohnson(m): 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
segzy14:

Please can you tell me what the developmental fee of 2.5M naira is for.

INFRASTRUCTURE WITHIN THE ESTATE
Perimeter Fencing.
Earth Road.
Electricity.
Drainage System
Water.
CCTV.
Children Playing Ground.
Basket Ball court, Lawn tennis court, Football field, Golf course.
Malls, Estate pool and eateries.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Aventures:
what a bad news
Strong advice, pls pile up Granite & Sand, stock your cement it will last up to a month in stock before it cake.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chubbyG(m): 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
after following this thread for years!!
I've finally graduated (read building tech)
please can someone help me with a place for internship and possibly where I'll serve...in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.