Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374822 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
true2home:

Yes Sir, l love that area. I'm currently building in OPic State Agbara. That place is so underrated. But those who knows; know, and are taking advantage of the local economy.

land inside the main Agbara estate cost as much as 10million upwards, I saw one immediately you enter Agbara estate, just few meters after the main gate and the owner told me the plot is 15million naira, I tried to bargain with him to reduce his price but he refused.

Secondly, do you know that there are houses inside that Agbara estate worth 150million and above shocked, I saw one, my cousin is marketing it for the owner, the entire axis from Agbara estate to Lusada / igbesa is a gold mine, although with bad roads but people are trooping in from lagos to buy,.

Opic area is also good but the roads are bad, I think it will be addressed as time goes on, like you said, the area look underrated but once the Ecowas road and the train services come on stream, property within that axis will quadruple wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Idealer(m): 2:15am On Mar 03, 2018
Where is this? Lovely view
twinskenny:
How spyder880 I dey ya local government o grin grin
Lovely view here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2018
It only says they got 300 percent more in 2016 compared to 2015

Chekitaut:
Is good you know now.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/27/ministry-realises-300-per-cent-increase-mining-royalty-fees/amp/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lafolabi(m): 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2018
jabolo:

You seem to have quite a few projects under your belt - just checked your profile. Why are you not more active here?

Your 'trumpet' deserves to be blown more loudly.

I wish you continued good luck in your endeavors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lafolabi(m): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2018
@jabolo:Thanks so much sir.
Really appreciate your concern and good advice.
I work on it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
Yhunoos:
Hello! Good Day all, I just graduated from FUTMINNA, Building department and I just relocated to Lagos. I was wondering if I can find someone here who I can follow to construction sites so I can gain site experience before I proceed for my youth service. it would be of great help if anyone can help with this as I am so eager to learn and be of any assistance.. thank you in advance.
where do u live?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yhunoos: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
Aventures:
where do u live?

I'm relatively new to Lagos, I live with my Uncle close to General Hospital Isolo, and I don't have a car though I can get to any parts of Lagos from where I stay.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by clarocuzioo(m): 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
petikal:
OK, here's a question.

Why don't we build with treated/insulated hardwood in Nigeria? You know, a house where the exterior walls can be blocks/concrete, but the interior/room dividers would be wood? Think of the freedom and cost-reduction in running electrical wires/pipes, plumbing, and even future reconstruction/expansion.

My high school in Abia built in 1929 has residential buildings built entirely of wood, and some still look good!

GOVERNMENT COLLEGE UMUAHIA
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
twinskenny:
How spyder880 I dey ya local government o grin grin
Lovely view here

This area is very close to my secondary school back then grin Welcome.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
Yhunoos:

Isolo.

OP, if I may give an unsolicited advice.

You have an excellent opportunity here. Please don't start giving one-word answers. Aventures is one of the premier builders on here, so if he's asking you a question try to be verbose and continue to sell yourself.

"I live in Isolo but I am near a major thoroughfare and this affords me the opportunity to get to anywhere in Lagos within 30 minutes. Or I have a car and I can drive to anywhere in Lagos state."

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2018
spyder880:

This area is very close to my secondary school back then grin Welcome.

Come.buy me bush meat o... at four corner grin angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yhunoos: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thank you sir, for the advice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
I'll never accept this over here but na Naija we dey grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I'll never accept this over here but na Naija we dey grin

I had same problem. I didn't even see it when I visited Nigeria. I eventually saw the mistake in one of the old pictures. My contractor who happens to be in property section in nairaland hates when someone points out his mistakes. I dislike such a trait. I asked him and the kitchen designer who is also a Nairalander to find the way to redo that portion of the cabinet and countertop. It set us back another 140k to correct. Still not satisfactorily done to me after the correction.

These Nigerian artisans and contractors don't really understand why we like things done with perfection. It is what we get where we reside. I was even shocked when my contractor told me things would have come out better if I had paid him more. Wtf? I paid premium. I paid what was asked for to do my project.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
twinskenny:

Come.buy me bush meat o... at four corner grin angry

I am back in Enugu now bros, I will call you tomorrow. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
FastShipping:

I had same problem. I didn't even see it when I visited Nigeria. I eventually saw the mistake in one of the old pictures. My contractor who happens to be in property section in nairaland hates when someone points out his mistakes. I dislike such a trait. I asked him and the kitchen designer who is also a Nairalander to find the way to redo that portion of the cabinet and countertop. It set us back another 140k to correct. Still not satisfactorily done to me after the correction.

These Nigerians artisans and contractors don't really understand why we like things done with perfection. It is what we get where we reside. I was even shocked when my contractor told me things would have come out better if I had paid him more. Wtf? I paid premium. I paid what was asked for to do my project.

Sometimes I'm shocked at my own tolerance. This is clearly something that I'll go to small claims court on over here grin

I'm purposefully halting my main house because of things like this. I've made a mandate to myself that no work will be done in that one unless I am on the ground from start to finish and can be onsite daily to personally supervise.

Thankfully, this is in my garage so I can afford to "comot eye for am" but it's still shocking.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
AngelicBeing:
land inside the main Agbara estate cost as much as 10million upwards, I saw one immediately you enter Agbara estate, just few meters after the main gate and the owner told me the plot is 15million naira, I tried to bargain with him to reduce his price but he refused.

Secondly, do you know that there are houses inside that Agbara estate worth 150million and above shocked, I saw one, my cousin is marketing it for the owner, the entire axis from Agbara estate to Lusada / igbesa is a gold mine, although with bad roads but people are trooping in from lagos to buy,.

Opic area is also good but the roads are bad, I think it will be addressed as time goes on, like you said, the area look underrated but once the Ecowas road and the train services come on stream, property within that axis will quadruple wink

My brother people buying lands in that area should shine their eyes very well o. I heard that most of the lands in that area are only on lease and owned by government.

Like I said, I heard it but not sure how correct the information is but it is worth confirming very well to avoid stories that touch

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
Yhunoos:

I'm relatively new to Lagos, I live with my Uncle close to General Hospital Isolo, and I don't have a car though I can get to any parts of Lagos from where I stay.
kindly check my signature, give me a call by tomorrow afternoon, you may have to resume on Monday to have an experience in short bored pile for fencing in a swampy area. A good start I believe. I equally had such an opportunity before I went for my Youth service. Finally, kindly note that money is secondary ooooo but no matter how you will be encouraged.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
Aventures:
kindly check my signature, give me a call by tomorrow afternoon, you may have to resume on Monday to have an experience in short bored pile for fencing in a swampy area. A good start I believe. I equally had such an opportunity before I went for my Youth service. Finally, kindly note that money is secondary ooooo but no matter how you will be encouraged.
God will richly bless u sir...Very few would do this...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 04, 2018

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Idealer(m): 3:13am On Mar 04, 2018
Love this.
Aventures:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:40am On Mar 04, 2018
ice4u999:

My brother people buying lands in that area should shine their eyes very well o. I heard that most of the lands in that area are only on lease and owned by government.

Like I said, I heard it but not sure how correct the information is but it is worth confirming very well to avoid stories that touch
l heard the same thing too but I didn't just buy without due diligence, my friend that bought 24 plots engaged a lawyer who went with to Abeokuta to check if the lands are under government acquisition / free from every encumbrances and he was given a clean slate.

I, followed same process, if you know the late Jidah very well, you can Google it, he bought several lands beginning from Agbara estate up till towards Lusada / igbesa, it became a serious litigation those days, Ogun state government dragged the late Jidah to court and Jidah won, and there was a government gazette to that effect that marked all Jidahs land in that axis to be free from any problems and encroachment , this is not a recent incident and it it in public domain and at the ministry of lands Abeokuta, many people bought from Jidah, Nestle foods, Unilever and several companies bought from Jidah, most of the houses and shops in Agbara belongs to Jidah

I know the Jidah family like the back of my hands and hence I am able to give you all this information, however, like in every land settings, some people bought government lands in that axis and Ogun state government asked them to liase with Opic for ratification and lots of companies and individuals took advantage of it, did ratification and many have been issued with certificate of occupancy, myself and several others who are buying in the last couple of years did due diligence and we are absolutely in safe hands free from any problems.

I will also pursue my C of O as much as I can, the once I bought, my lawyer and another lawyer at Ogun state ministry of lands did all the paperwork and I am cool cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yhunoos: 10:38am On Mar 04, 2018
Aventures:

Thank you sir, I sincerely appreciate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 10:41am On Mar 04, 2018
AngelicBeing:
l heard the same thing too but I didn't just buy without due diligence, my friend that bought 24 plots engaged a lawyer who went with to Abeokuta to check if the lands are under government acquisition / free from every encumbrances and he was given a clean slate.

I, followed same process, if you know the late Jidah very well, you can Google it, he bought several lands beginning from Agbara estate up till towards Lusada / igbesa, it became a serious litigation those days, Ogun state government dragged the late Jidah to court and Jidah won, and there was a government gazette to that effect that marked all Jidahs land in that axis to be free from any problems and encroachment , this is not a recent incident and it it in public domain and at the ministry of lands Abeokuta, many people bought from Jidah, Nestle foods, Unilever and several companies bought from Jidah, most of the houses and shops in Agbara belongs to Jidah

I know the Jidah family like the back of my hands and hence I am able to give you all this information, however, like in every land settings, some people bought government lands in that axis and Ogun state government asked them to liase with Opic for ratification and lots of companies and individuals took advantage of it, did ratification and many have been issued with certificate of occupancy, myself and several others who are buying in the last couple of years did due diligence and we are absolutely in safe hands free from any problems.

I will also pursue my C of O as much as I can, the once I bought, my lawyer and another lawyer at Ogun state ministry of lands did all the paperwork and I am cool cool

Excellent work!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by myvic70(m): 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
Any granite and sharp sand supplier around Mowe should notify please. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
myvic70:
Any granite and sharp sand supplier around Mowe should notify please.
Thanks

He is my neighbour at ibafo 08036615527

Tell him bro kehinde gave u his number grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
Looking for suppliers of tiles. Have about 1000 sq. Metres to cover (floor and wall)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
myvic70:
Any granite and sharp sand supplier around Mowe should notify please.
Thanks

@Chekitaut

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
@ anbako,you can reach us for your tiles both nigeria made and spanish of various types and sizes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hatari: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
I AM A FIRSTIEMER BUYING LAND. what are the necessary document to collect while buying land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by asids55: 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
saydfact:

Parapets are walls above roof (i'm not referring to concrete facial which are popularly referred to as parapet but technically aren't)

On the maintenance i was referring to = WATERPROOFING (FELTING SYSTEM), FLASHING AND CAPPING - in simple terms the point where the roof materials meet the block walls etc.. see pics attached.

how can I reach out to you,I sent you an email but no response

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.