Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389506 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yemibrilliant(m): 10:16am On Jun 03, 2018
Pls, how far can 300k go in building 2 bedroom apartment on a plot of dry land in Ifo, Ogun state. It's urgent pls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:37am On Jun 03, 2018
Yemibrilliant:
Pls, how far can 300k go in building 2 bedroom apartment on a plot of dry land in Ifo, Ogun state. It's urgent pls.

Assumptions :

#100×1000 blocks =#100,000
2 trips shard sand @15,000 each= 30,000
3/4 granite 15 tons= 50,000
50 bags cement @ #2500= #125,000

Foundation excavation =#20,000

Total...............

Yet to include so many things

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yemibrilliant(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2018
bixton:

Assumptions :

#100×1000 blocks =#100,000
2 trips shard sand @15,000 each= 30,000
3/4 granite 15 tons= 50,000
50 bags cement @ #2500= #125,000

Foundation excavation =#20,000

Total...............

Yet to include so many things
pls, can the 300k conclude the foundation or surpass the foundation abit.
Thanks 4 d response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yemibrilliant(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2018
Pls, kindly reply, help a brother.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yemibrilliant(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2018
Yemibrilliant:

Thanks 4 d response.
I just want to try do something on the land but not fencing for now.
Your candid advice is highly welcome.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by solutionarena: 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
Top of the day to you have you heard of www.generichomes.com.ng a platform for real estate listings sign-up and post your properties it's absolutely free a trial will convince you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
bixton:

I do not think "safety perspective" in kitchen placement is actually thought about in Nigeria per se even with home owners putting up walls as fence line. Home owners prefer to put up 20 course block wall as fence behind and sides of the house and choose to put see through or dwarf wall in front.
Given a good neighbourhood and nothing to hide by home owners, all sides of your fence is supposed to be a dwarf wall so if there be any fire incident any neighbour can be of help from any angle to assist.

@bold Good point security & safety wise...but what about privacy sir? I only use dwarf fence for front. Sides & back must be high for me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yemibrilliant:

I just want to try do something on the land but not fencing for now.
Your candid advice is highly welcome.
If u dont intend to sink a borehole, use the money for digging a well & buy some number of blocks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yemibrilliant:
pls, can the 300k conclude the foundation or surpass the foundation abit. Thanks 4 d response.
No sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tobbyboy2011: 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
I can't afford a basement parking
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yemibrilliant(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
Rubbiish:

If u dont intend to sink a borehole, use the money for digging a well & buy some number of blocks.
Like how much will finish the foundation pls?
I prefer borehole but it's not an option 4 nw.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Rubbiish:

@bold Good point security & safety wise...but what about privacy sir? I only use dwarf fence for front. Sides & back must be high for me.

It depends on what you mean by privacy?

The external walls of every house is enough for privacy and we all live within the walls of the main house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yemibrilliant:

Thanks 4 d response.

It may and may not.
A lot of factors to consider .

But you can start something if you're anxious about it.

Just one step at a time.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yemibrilliant(m): 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
bixton:

It may and may not.
A lot of factors to consider .

But you can start something if you're anxious about it.

Just one step at a time.
Pls, can u help with the factors to be considered as i am a novice in dis. Thanks.
What are the things i can do with the 300k?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
bixton:

I do not think "safety perspective" in kitchen placement is actually thought about in Nigeria per se even with home owners putting up walls as fence line. Home owners prefer to put up 20 course block wall as fence behind and sides of the house and choose to put see through or dwarf wall in front.
Given a good neighbourhood and nothing to hide by home owners, all sides of your fence is supposed to be a dwarf wall so if there be any fire incident any neighbour can be of help from any angle to assist.

Very true.

But the security situation is some hoods (and to some extent, the 'mischief' of some home-owners), makes such type of fencing impossible.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
bixton:

The external walls of every house is enough for privacy and we all live within the walls of the main house.

Not always true!

There are "layers", in any security apparachne.
We cal it the "Onion principle"...to reflect the layers of the Onion flesh, while it shields it central-core.

- Security layers actually start by just demarcating where your territory starts/ends.... using something as simple as a 'different color' of paint or even sand, on the floor (as long as it is different and clearly identifiable by others.)
- As the 'threat level' overcomes or trespasses the outermost layer and walks its way inwards, your level of response also increases commensurately

The message you are sending, for example by planting a different flower in your frontage, is to tell intruders: you are stepping on private space, pls keep off!
if they cross your flower-hedge and approach your gate, that is another "layer" and the response could be a Dog barking or a security personnel giving them the shoo-off signal or an announcement over your CCTV monitor reminding them that they are being watched and recorded and could be putting themselves in a precarious situation that can land them in jail. undecided

Now, inside your compound, your 'privacy' is not just your unclothedness, it also includes what you can leave within the compound or expose within it, and you dont want others to be privy-to.

For example (and this is just an example), if you have a swimming pool within your compound, low walls wont do.
If you leave expensive 'Toys' within your compound, low walls wont do.
Even having your children play within the compound, if for example you just came from abroad grin grin , low walls wont do otherwise they become a target of kidnappers.

I do a little bit of 'advicing' on such subjects for a living, so l am quite familiar with it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yemibrilliant:

Pls, can u help with the factors to be considered as i am a novice in dis. Thanks.

Please if you already have a design plan, kindly sit down with your architect/engineer/builder (visit the site with any one of them) , pen up an estimate, do some deductions - reductions, think over it, sleep over it , then get to the site to effect it.

Only the person doing the job can give you a close to precise cost since you'll be working on a budget.

We on this thread can only scrutinize the estimated cost within our professional limits.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yemibrilliant(m): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
bixton:

Please if you already have a design plan, kindly sit down with your architect/engineer/builder, pen up an estimate, do some deductions - reductions, think over it, sleep over it , then get to the site to effect it.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
Daboomb:

Not always true!

There are "layers", in any security apparachne.
We cal it the "Onion principle"...to reflect the layers of the Onion flesh, while it shields it central-core.

- Security layers actually start by just demarcating where your territory starts/ends.... using something as simple as a 'different color' of paint or even sand, on the floor (as long as it is different and clearly identifiable by others.)
- As the 'threat level' overcomes or trespasses the outermost layer and walks its way inwards, your level of response also increases commensurately

The message you are sending, for example by planting a different flower in your frontage, is to tell intruders: you are stepping on private space, pls keep off!
if they cross your flower-hedge and approach your gate, that is another "layer" and the response could be a Dog barking or a security personnel giving them the shoo-off signal or an announcement over your CCTV monitor reminding them that they are being watched and recorded and could be putting themselves in a precarious situation that can land them in jail. undecided

Now, inside your compound, your 'privacy' is not just your unclothedness, it also includes what you can leave within the compound or expose within it, and you dont want others to be privy-to.

For example (and this is just an example), if you have a swimming pool within your compound, low walls wont do.
If you leave expensive 'Toys' within your compound, low walls wont do.
Even having your children play within the compound, if for example you just came from abroad grin grin , low walls wont do otherwise they become a target of kidnappers.

I do a little bit of 'advicing' on such subjects for a living, so l am quite familiar with it.

I understand the different layers of security. And security is a different type of privacy.

We limit security as applicable to only our living environments.

The best form of security is not to draw attention to one's self.

A better form of security is to be cautious, conscious and be at alert at every point in time.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
bixton:

I cherish privacy within the compound alot oo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yemibrilliant:
Like how much will finish the foundation pls? I prefer borehole but it's not an option 4 nw.
just budget 500k without sand filling, german floor & supervision. seems u just wanna secure d land?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicerod(m): 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
Please can I get bricklaying job to hold body,soul and spirit together?

I don't mind if it is N1000 or N2000 per day
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yemibrilliant(m): 12:37am On Jun 04, 2018
Rubbiish:

just budget 500k without sand filling, german floor & supervision.
seems u just wanna secure d land?
Thanks.
Yes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olapluto(m): 1:32am On Jun 04, 2018
nicerod:
Please can I get bricklaying job to hold body,soul and spirit together?

I don't mind if it is N1000 or N2000 per day
Where are you based
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:06am On Jun 04, 2018
tobbyboy2011:
Please I need your help, I have a plot of land measured 50 x 145. Can I build 8 numbers of 2bedroom flats on it? 4 up and 4 down?
To be frank,this wont be ideal enough,d suggestion of 6units is very cool not minding any person that just want to have the work from u by hook and crook, cos a lot should be put into consideration not only building n building n building to take d whole space n making d remaining space less functional.
Standard should strictly be follow as well.
Lagos state TPDA wont take this very sure,the space is not only for d units flats but also d stairway alongside.

We should pls b careful,building is all about lifes and property which must be very workable and functional.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicerod(m): 8:19am On Jun 04, 2018
olapluto:

Where are you based
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 11:53am On Jun 04, 2018
Dear learned folks, please what is the minimum thickness a 'german floor' hould have?.....location Niger delta . Note that block work and roofing have been done.
What is the average cost for 265 m2 surface?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Smattad: 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
Dear learned folks, please what is the minimum thickness a 'german floor' hould have?.....location Niger delta . Note that block work and roofing have been done.
150mm, 6inch thick , Least Should be 100mm i.e 4 inch thickness.

A Budget of 450-650k should suffice depending on the areas in the building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:

Niger Delta is a big region.
If your build is within RS and BYS then make a budget for《650k, since you already have block walls erected completely.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
thanks...

Delta precisely
bixton:

Niger Delta is a big region.
If your build is within RS and BYS then make a budget for《650k, since you already have block walls erected completely.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
thanks....Much appreciated. the ijebu in me was thinking it could be less

Smattad:

150mm, 6inch thick , Least Should be 100mm i.e 4 inch thickness.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
thanks...

Delta precisely

You can still work with that budget though much less.

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.