Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401882 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
bill given to me is about 500k

bixton:

You can still work with that budget though much less.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:

That's fair enough.

Just make sure the thickness is not below 4".
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:

I think u should ask ur engineer the thickness & mix ratio he intend to use. Going by your area & thickness of 4 inches, cements & aggregate may likely gulp that 500k, that is if u are using granite though...Then labour ought to add extra cost of roughly 100k...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
The plan is in pdf. Please how can I convert it to normal picture?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nettuno:
Please my people, help me look at this floor plans for a penthouse. The whole structure is going to be incorporated into an existing bungalow as you can see in the design (existing wing).

I will greatly appreciate your comments and inputs. Thanks my people.
we cant see any plan bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
The plans...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
Or this for the first floor plan :

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
Will greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nettuno:
The plans...
How do one handle proper ventilation in d circled area? & such a big house no store for kitchen?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tbaby4u(f): 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nettuno:
Will greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks.

We have a 50 by 50 plot of land in Magboro owned by my family for sale. 1.5 million only. Magboro is after Isheri North after Berger. It's just 2 mins drive after Punch. Pm me if interested.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
Rubbiish:

How do one handle proper ventilation in d circled area? & such a big house no store for kitchen?

This has been my concern with the Architect. He said the living room has four windows in the front to enhance ventilation. I have noted the need for a store.

Thanks a million.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 12:47am On Jun 05, 2018
4 windows in front of the living room and one window by the dinning :

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:31am On Jun 05, 2018
Nettuno:
4 windows in front of the living room and one window by the dinning :
Still ok, was just considering d width of the dining window....But i will suggest the window at the dining should run from the top to just one block after dpc, like glazing & widen as much as possible. So as to have larger air space & lighting since the width is small.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrJohnson1987: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2018
Hi Great professionals.
My name is Johnson,sometimes ago I spoke with Thathistoryguy on this thread that sells tiles in Lagos.So he gave me his contact cus I needed some tiles for my housing projects,I contacted him and we chatted on WhatsApp, after he showed me some samples of the tiles I needed I went over to his place in Odun-Ade to do business with him.
When I got there he attended to me warmly, I must say he's good . To cut the story short I bought goods worth over 3million from him mostly tiles and promised to come back for WC and sanitary wares which he sells too.
Now where the problem came in is,during the time I was in his showroom there is this 60x60 Spanish tiles I bought 160m² he told me it will be totalled 111cartons but to my amazement when my engineer brought it to the site the next day it was 109.3cartons.
I have been talking to him since and he's making calculations I don't understand.

Pls I meet him here and I believe you guys can talk to him cus I need the remaining 2cartons or so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2018
Rubbiish:

Still ok, was just considering d width of the dining window....But i will suggest the window at the dining should run from the top to just one block after dpc, like glazing & widen as much as possible. So as to have larger air space & lighting since the width is small.

I really appreciate your comments. Many thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2018
Nettuno:
The plans...

Why don't you interchange the living room- dining to the far right with the entrance-anteroom-visitors toilet.

Re-do a rough sketch see how it goes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:41am On Jun 05, 2018
bixton:

Why don't you interchange the living room- dining to the far right with the entrance-anteroom-visitors toilet.

but d ventilation & plumbing for the bedroom & anteroom wc is my worry...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
thanks.... i am not in town...his plan is for 3 inches claiming the foundation is high enough and with properfilling and sand compaction, he will use 3inches but in the bathrooms and kitchen it will be 5''.

bixton:

That's fair enough.

Just make sure the thickness is not below 4".
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2018
Rubbiish:

but d ventilation & plumbing for the bedroom & anteroom wc is my worry...

Exactly my worry too...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2018
bixton:

Thought about this, but the ventilation will be a major problem because of the existing structure. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
thanks.... i am not in town...his plan is for 3 inches claiming the foundation is high enough and with properfilling and sand compaction, he will use 3inches but in the bathrooms and kitchen it will be 5''.

Well I don't know his engineering justification towards the use of 3" as it relates to high foundation, proper sand filling and compaction.

Do you have a step down at the sections he intends doing the 5" ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
MrJohnson1987:
Hi Great professionals.
My name is Johnson,sometimes ago I spoke with Thathistoryguy on this thread that sells tiles in Lagos.So he gave me his contact cus I needed some tiles for my housing projects,I contacted him and we chatted on WhatsApp, after he showed me some samples of the tiles I needed I went over to his place in Odun-Ade to do business with him.
When I got there he attended to me warmly, I must say he's good . To cut the story short I bought goods worth over 3million from him mostly tiles and promised to come back for WC and sanitary wares which he sells too.
Now where the problem came in is,during the time I was in his showroom there is this 60x60 Spanish tiles I bought 160m² he told me it will be totalled 111cartons but to my amazement when my engineer brought it to the site the next day it was 109.3cartons.
I have been talking to him since and he's making calculations I don't understand.

Pls I meet him here and I believe you guys can talk to him cus I need the remaining 2cartons or so.

Hmmm, stories that touch....

Contact the people here, that recommended him to you
, so they can talk to him.

Buyers Beware.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
Daboomb:

Hmmm, stories that touch....

Contact the people here, that recommended him to you
, so they can talk to him.

Buyers Beware.

Wow wow wow
Calm down this is just a misunderstanding which I will clarify now
I have supplied up2 6peop!e from this thread and lots of people from Nairaland and none has ever called me out for any wrong doing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
MrJohnson1987:
Hi Great professionals.

Hello Mr.Johnson I though you were clear on the explanation. With all due respect sir what you paid for is exactly 160m² and that was what I supplied your engineer.
But you are not the kind of client I could afford to loose so even if just giving up that 1carton+ would make this misunderstanding all go away then I would bring it to your site ASAP.
I have supplied many from this forum and still will supply many more. So I can't stand my reputation being messed up cus of 1carton of tiles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
MrJohnson1987:
Hi Great professionals.

Fellow Nairalanders here is a clear explanations of what really happened .

Earlier last week MrJohnson came to my place and bough some goods worth about 3.6m.During the process of attending to him there are some tiles of 60x60 sizes which he needed in 3different colours.
These tiles are packed 1.44 in each carton so calculating them they should be 111 cartons on 160m². However he latter changed his mind about one of them and picked another one which is packed 1.49 a little over 60x60 in size.
This one packed 1.49 in a carton he later picked 80m² and the rest 2 he picked 40m² each so that one packed 1.49m² in a carton affected the total cartons supplied to be 109.3cartons instead of 111 cartons.
Anybody who has been dealing on tiles should understand this,that tiles has different packing points and these packing points affects the total number of cartons you get in m².

So there is no way I would have removed 1.1carton of tiles after a patronage of close to 4m.
Pls sir tell your tiler to check that supply and if after he does you still feel cheated I will just give you the 1carton plus.

Here
80m²÷1.49(the carton packing)=53cartons plus 2pices
40÷1.44=27cartons plus 3pices
Thanks all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Hello Mr.Johnson I though you were clear on the explanation. With all due respect sir what you paid for is exactly 160m² and that was what I supplied your engineer.
But you are not the kind of client I could afford to loose so even if just giving up that 1carton+ would make this misunderstanding all go away then I would bring it to your site ASAP.
I have supplied many from this forum and still will supply many more. So I can't stand my reputation being messed up cus of 1carton of tiles.
Without wishing to sound obnoxious, i think we take too many things for granted...What were u doing all these while before he brought this complain to nairaland? since u already know the bold, why allow it degenerate to this? According to mr johnson, weren't u d same person that told him the bold words during the time I was in his showroom there is this 60x60 Spanish tiles I bought 160m² he told me it will be totalled 111cartons...so why did u supply less? or is this some kind of charade?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Fellow Nairalanders here is a clear explanations of what really happened .

Earlier last week MrJohnson came to my place and bough some goods worth about 3.6m.During the process of attending to him there are some tiles of 60x60 sizes which he needed in 3different colours.
These tiles are packed 1.44 in each carton so calculating them they should be 111 cartons on 160m². However he latter changed his mind about one of them and picked another one which is packed 1.49 a little over 60x60 in size.
This one packed 1.49 in a carton he later picked 80m² and the rest 2 he picked 40m² each so that one packed 1.49m² in a carton affected the total cartons supplied to be 109.3cartons instead of 111 cartons.
Anybody who has been dealing on tiles should understand this,that tiles has different packing points and these packing points affects the total number of cartons you get in m².

So there is no way I would have removed 1.1carton of tiles after a patronage of close to 4m.
Pls sir tell your tiler to check that supply and if after he does you still feel cheated I will just give you the 1carton plus.

Here
80m²÷1.49(the carton packing)=53cartons plus 2pices
Thanks all.
I think u should treat any further issue regarding this on whatsapp or privately since u intend returning the remaining cartons.

& To all, i believe this is why hajj. mafautu is always against advert on here but u guys wouldn't listen. As a buyer, if u fall for any advert here & things go awry....u are on your own! OYO is your name. Every seller on nairaland have a thread, contact them on their thread after proper research. This thread is for discussions relating to construction & not a place to seek sellers.

Buyers pls take note...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2018
House i would like to know if anyone have an idea of the standard measurement a building should maintain from high tension cables supported by pylons.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2018
Rubbiish:

Without wishing to sound obnoxious, i think we take too many things for granted...What were u doing all these while before he brought this complain to nairaland? since u already know the bold, why allow it degenerate to this? According to mr johnson, weren't u d same person that told him the bold words during the time I was in his showroom there is this 60x60 Spanish tiles I bought 160m² he told me it will be totalled 111cartons...so why did u supply less? or is this some kind of charade?

If you read what I wrote properly you would see where I said he later changed his mind on one of the tiles choose before.
That one he changed his mind on is what lead to the misunderstanding. The packing in a cartons is 1.49 instead of 1.44 that the rest are packed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

If you read what I wrote properly you would see where I said he later changed his mind on one of the tiles choose before.
That one he changed his mind on is what lead to the misunderstanding. The packing in a cartons is 1.49 instead of 1.44 that the rest are packed.
Okay sir.
The most important thing is u have agreed to supply the remaining cartons, so the issue is resolved. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
Rubbiish:
House i would like to know if anyone have an idea of the standard measurement a building should maintain from high tension cables supported by pylons.
Building setback for overhead wires is determined by the KV.
Setback for 132KV wire lines is 15 meters, while a 22.5-meter setback is recommended for 330KV power line.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.