Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! (31617 Views)

Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Demdem(m): 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
Clergy20:
The truth of the matter is that Amaechi ruled Rivers State for 8yrs and didn't close down the courts until the last year of his tenure. This clearly shows that he wasn't against the courts, something warranted that, and it's important to know why he did this. This was a man who was fighting for his political survival with the government at the centre. At a point, 5 members of the House of Assembly were backed by the FG to impeach him. All they needed to do was to sit and instruct the Chief Justice of the State to form a panel to investigate him. At a point he had to close down the house of assembly to prevent this minority from sitting.

The battle was fierce to the point that both sides were looking for ways of controlling the institutions that could remove the governor. When the seat of the Chief Judge became vacant, it was a battle of wits to control who sits there. The Constitution didn't help as the governor was supposed to appoint based on the recommendation of the NJC. The NJC has OCJ Okocha, whose sister was being recommended by the NJC for the post, but Amaechi saw that as a leeway to his removal since OCJ Okocha was in PDP's camp. Amaechi used his power under the constitution to appoint Agumagu, while the NJC recommended Daisy Okocha. This led to the suspension of Agumagu by the NJC and Amaechi had to close the courts to save his political career as a governor.

It would be incorrect to assume that Amaechi hates the courts or lawyers, it was a battle he needed to fight that caused that. If Amaechi had not remained in power, it might have been difficult to have gotten PMB.

For this singular reason. i can deal with the necessary evil of closing down the courts. Fools can continue to wail. To hell with them.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Exceptionalkeil(m): 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
A lot of ignoramus comments here.

Some peoples personal hatred for rule of law would not let them think properly.

Clergy20:
The truth of the matter is that Amaechi ruled Rivers State for 8yrs and didn't close down the courts until the last year of his tenure. This clearly shows that he wasn't against the courts, something warranted that, and it's important to know why he did this. This was a man who was fighting for his political survival with the government at the centre. At a point, 5 members of the House of Assembly were backed by the FG to impeach him. All they needed to do was to sit and instruct the Chief Justice of the State to form a panel to investigate him. At a point he had to close down the house of assembly to prevent this minority from sitting.
The battle was fierce to the point that both sides were looking for ways of controlling the institutions that could remove the governor. When the seat of the Chief Judge became vacant, it was a battle of wits to control who sits there. The Constitution didn't help as the governor was supposed to appoint based on the recommendation of the NJC. The NJC has OCJ Okocha, whose sister was being recommended by the NJC for the post, but Amaechi saw that as a leeway to his removal since OCJ Okocha was in PDP's camp. Amaechi used his power under the constitution to appoint Agumagu, while the NJC recommended Daisy Okocha. This led to the suspension of Agumagu by the NJC and Amaechi had to close the courts to save his political career as a governor.
It would be incorrect to assume that Amaechi hates the courts or lawyers, it was a battle he needed to fight that caused that. If Amaechi had not remained in power, it might have been difficult to have gotten PMB.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
20pounds:
1. Are those that invited Amaechi not members of the NBA?

2. Are they not aware of what and how he mistreated their colleagues of the Rivers state chapter when he was Governor of the state?

Oshiomhole is right to insult them to their faces because Lawyers have lost respect for themselves. Why invite Amaechi and Oshiomhole to a professional body conference, when the President has already addressed them and the Vice President is a member of the NBA. They also have Lawyer Governors but ignored them in the course of trying to help politicians whose profile are on a decline to launder their image.

Amaechi should have no place anywhere Lawyers are gathered in this country, if the NBA is a serious body.

One last thing...

I thought the NBA conference was a time for introspection? A time to reflect and brainstorm on how to improve on legal reforms. One day, NBA conferences would be turned to a campaign ground for drunks like Oshiomhole. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by qtx(m): 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
frachy:
. You're right, you can't deceive God and that's why Amaechi has not and can not be put to shame just like many of you would want. I think you yourself should rather go and have a total overhaul of your way of thinking and start telling yourself the truth cos whether you and your likes like it or not, God will keep lifting Amaechi higher and higher. Watch this space!!!

Well, let his conscience judge him, if what is doing is right, no problem. Remember i mentioned 3 personalities earlier. Lets wait and see how it goes.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
Demdem:

For this singular reason. i can deal with the necessary evil of closing down the courts. Fools can continue to wail. To hell with them.

For this ..... I hope you will like it when your source of livelihood is closed by necessary evil,.... and let nobody remember to wail for your suffering..... My wife was at home for more than one yr, innocent ppl suffered in cells, yet you goat have the audacity to applaud your criminal and heartless master...Ode ni e
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Demdem(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

For this ..... I hope you will like it when your source of livelihood is closed by necessary evil,.... and let nobody remember to wail for your suffering..... My wife was at home for more than one yr, innocent ppl suffered in cells, yet you goat have the audacity to applaud your criminal and heartless master...Ode ni e

Fool, ur wife and ur household calamity is as a result of power play between Amaechi and ur god wike/Shepo/Jonah-daft. Ur gods used their dog, OCJ Okocha in the NJC for the hatchet job. Are u not being hypocritical if u chose to criticize Amaechi but not the other party who was also culpable in this mess also. Fool, expect more calamity in ur household because hopeless eediots like u will never learn.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Blizzy9ja: 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
After shutting down courts in Rivers state for close to 1 year you expect those learned fellows to sit down and listen to his gibberish? No way! No matter how we try to politicise and bring in Gov. E. N Wike into the matter the truth still remains that Amaechi lacks the credibility to speak in such an event.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Demdem(m): 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
After shutting down courts in Rivers state for close to 1 year you expect those learned fellows to sit down and listen to his gibberish? No way! No matter how we try to politicise and bring in Gov. E. N Wike into the matter the truth still remains that Amaechi lacks the credibility to speak in such an event.

He eventually spoke after those fools have been put in their place. U can go and die now.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Superman11(m): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
otijah:
Amaechi is a disaster to rivers state as a whole, imagine shutting down a court a year and without pay then coming back to give them advice.
APC!!! THIEVES

hope you know you won't be saying this if he remained in PDP?
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
bigFOOTcaveMAN:
Politicians are really the society's problem in Africa. Imagine amaechi shut down court for one year and now courts has been reopened by Wike, he wants to go and address the lawyers. I ask on what for christs sake

Lalasticlala do justice to thread.

who dyu blame, its the same lawyers that allowed him to speak na, no wonder jesus warned us about them grin
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by gbishman: 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
This is simply local politics at its peak. check well not all of them are lawyers rather they are hired touts as said by Oshomole.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
Wike is a lawyer, he wasn't invited. Amechi studied English & literature and Oshiomhole is an economist. Both Amechi and Oshiomhole weren't just invited, the chaired sessions. So NBA is now APC. Damn!

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Rhea(f): 2:04am On Aug 26, 2015
[size=18pt]Is Amaechi not a lawyer again (Barrister Rotimi Amaechi)?[/size]
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 26, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, ur wife and ur household calamity is as a result of power play between Amaechi and ur god wike/Shepo/Jonah-daft. Ur gods used their dog, OCJ Okocha in the NJC for the hatchet job. Are u not being hypocritical if u chose to criticize Amaechi but not the other party who was also culpable in this mess also. Fool, expect more calamity in ur household because hopeless eediots like u will never learn.

The only person calamity will befall is you when ur pay master is thrown into the dungeon.... Anyway i retrieve my words i dont insult or cause ppl but be mindful of how you celebrate when issues affect others ppl negatively...I bet you dont have a family the way you talk carelessly.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 26, 2015
Rhea:
[size=18pt]Is Amaechi not a lawyer again (Barrister Rotimi Amaechi)?[/size]

HE WAS NEVER A LAWYER ......who dash am.... He was rusticated from RSUST, he ran to UNIPORT to obtain a third class degree in English
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Demdem(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

The only person calamity will befall is you when ur pay master is thrown into the dungeon.... Anyway i retrieve my words i dont insult or cause ppl but be mindful of how you celebrate when issues affect others ppl negatively...I bet you dont have a family the way you talk carelessly.

Fool, u confessed to a calamity that befell u and ur wife during the debacle not me, so it's all about u. Again fool, i Av no paymaster, instead I choose to be on the path of truth. Next time when u choose to call me out, make sure u are not being hypocritical about it.
Shameless eediot.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Billygee2u: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2015
Evaromantik:
Oshiomhole the squit is of Rotimi's type thats why he made that imbecilic statement......birds of the same specie,synchronises......i dnt knw where Rotimi got such numpty and muzzy brain from
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Billygee2u: 8:20am On Aug 26, 2015
DickDastardly:

He ensured they earned nothing for a whole year and now wants to come and tell them what exactly?
i dont blame him, i am more shocked at former comrade Adams Oshiomole who feigned not to understand the treatment amaechi got from the union members. How money and power absolutely corrupt former sound minds. cheesy
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Rhea(f): 12:18am On Aug 28, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

HE WAS NEVER A LAWYER ......who dash am.... He was rusticated from RSUST, he ran to UNIPORT to obtain a third class degree in English

[size=18pt]Yudonminit cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by WailingWailer00(m): 12:42am On Aug 28, 2015
AMAECHI grin

See your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And Wife Over Triplets (Photo) / Buhari Is The Father Of Corruption - Mark Wosi / Residents Flee Numan, Adamawa Over Soldiers & Fulani Clash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.