Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! (31618 Views)

Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Demdem(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2015
Joshroyal:
may God open Ur eyes to see, lest u fall in the ditch

This prayer is quite apt for ur kind. Wike continues to deceive u and ur kind continues to consume it.
Till date, the commissioner of Police claimed on air that Police is yet to receive any formal complaint from RVSG as regards looting of govt house. does it mean then that the stealing and looting of Govt house kitchen which wike claimed Amaechi perpetrated never happened or what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2015
247notire:
But if it wasn't politics as Amaechi was lying, wat was Adams doing in that gathering pls? I wonder if he was invited as a special guest of honor and whether he is a learned fellow. Scam politicians.
Adams is now APC fore runner. The conference was ment to pocket the lawyers by APC. That is why Amechi was there too as deputy Chairman of the Occasion while Adams is the Chairman.

If this is not broadcasted to public awareness, APC would pocket Nigeria completely.

They almost pocketed the legislators if they have not succeeded already, now it is the judiciary.

Why am I talking about politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by anonimi: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2015
juliusjulius:
www.nairaland.com/2542882/registration-close-please

I apologize for bothering you with my problems.
I'm an extra year student of oau Ile-Ife, and I'm encountering problem in paying for the extra session.

Registration Will Soon Close, Please Help Me. 07018038211

What WORK are you ready and willing to do to pay for YOUR education as is done by our oyinbo brothers in the UK, USA, Canada etc
Is there no longer dignity in labour?
Do we now find dignity in BEGGING? shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Eazydeek(m): 10:13am On Aug 25, 2015
otijah:
Amaechi is a disaster to rivers state as a whole, imagine shutting down a court a year and without pay then coming back to give them advice.
APC!!! THIEVES

Please what's PDP and GEJ? saints?

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by godwin120alex: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2015
Shomole has lost it.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by peter4d2(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2015
247notire:
But if it wasn't politics as Amaechi was lying, wat was Adams doing in that gathering pls? I wonder if he was invited as a special guest of honor and whether he is a learned fellow. Scam politicians.

Preach on brother cos 2 me Adams seems 2 be doing d work of apc spokesperson oh or I'm I d only 1 noticing it.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by baralatie(m): 10:20am On Aug 25, 2015
DickDastardly:
You shut down court. Lawyers money don loss. You still dey come wan form boss. Oga titus, your wahala don surplus.
........emesia ibido koba tory oooooo! cheesy
Him call h'self the big bros
the guy with big purse
come form pompous
dey lock out boys
from the main courts
even judges set
no take eye to see court

make dem see naa
the story change naa
boys an' judge for the court
see as we dey flex naa
money don come naa

eeeyaaahhhh!

this amaechi guy just fuckup
he say e wan chop
he say e wan talk
he say e wan follows us
court to make up up

but these boys are pissed up
they wan treat him fuckup
with guns an' blows
till he ground drop

the next time he meet us
boys from the main court
he go maintain
before he mess up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Boyooosa(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2015
When did Oshiomole become the father of all the Lawyers in Nigeria to the extent that he scolded them as if he has seen it all in life. Na wa for this man, abi na Iara abi wetin dem de call am dey high am?
He don forget the tym wey him de mobilize people to right wrong? too soon to forget their Protests back then, so because one is a lawyer now, you have lost your right to express ur opinion or protest ur concern in issue you feel that is not just. shocked
Nwao!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by infohenry(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2015
otijah:
Amaechi is a disaster to rivers state as a whole, imagine shutting down a court a year and without pay then coming back to give them advice.
APC!!! THIEVES
Sometimes one is forced to reply some of the ignorant comments you people make here. The court closure in rivers state was purely as a result of wike and Amaechi disagreement with Wike using federal might to undermine the power a sitting governor to appoint the chief judge of the state by insisting Amaechi appoint Daisy Okocha who is working for him to impeach Amaechi. The blame goes to Wike and Amaechi both played a role in the court shutdown saga. It was just politics, Amaechi fought for his survival period.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by josite: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2015
juliusjulius:

I have been doing that since, but what is the essence of reading for a course you have not registered for?

see how you forsake your own mercy.see how u convince me that has already jotted down your gsm for possible assistance that you are not a serious student.someone rightly asked you when you will have time to read your book,see how you reply him.so it is after you register for a course that you will start reading.untill then you can laze all day long on nairaland while we slave to get registration fees across to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Enahi(f): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2015
Boyooosa:
When did Oshiomole become the father of all the Lawyers in Nigeria to the extent that he scolded them as if he has seen it all in life. Na wa for this man, abi na Iara abi wetin dem de call am dey high am?
He don forget the tym wey him de mobilize people to right wrong? too soon to forget their Protests back then, so because one is a lawyer now, you have lost your right to express ur opinion or protest ur concern in issue you feel that is not just. shocked
Nwao!
As in eh, the guy is just a crook. I thought he was different not knowing that he is just a scam disguising as a politician. He is even the number one tout in Nigeria, I can't forget how he asked the poor widow to go and die. My aunt used to speak well of him during his NLC days, but now he is a huge disappointment to Nigerians. He should please do and leave already, he keeps spewing thrash like he is got a dead brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2015
hope my mum is safe. my prayers are with you Barrister Iron Lady

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Boyooosa(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2015
Enahi:
As in eh, the guy is just a crook. I thought he was different not knowing that he is just a scam disguising as a politician. He is even the number one tout in Nigeria, I can't forget how he asked the poor widow to go and die. My aunt used to speak well of him during his NLC days, but now he is a huge disappointment to Nigerians. He should please do and leave already, he keeps spewing thrash like he is got a dead brain.
What am sensing is beyond what we are discussing here o, truth! it seems he has assumed one power that is invincible and being controlled by unknown forces instructing him to "Go ahead and do ANYHOW, we got ur back"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by AMI3(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2015
baralatie:

Him call h'self the big bros
the guy with big purse
come form pompous
dey lock out boys
from the main courts
even judges set
no take eye to see court

make dem see naa
the story change naa
boys an' judge for the court
see as we dey flex naa
money don come naa

eeeyaaahhhh!

this amaechi guy just fuckup
he say e wan chop
he say e wan talk
he say e wan follows us
court to make up up

but these boys are pissed up
they wan treat him fuckup
with guns an' blows
till he ground drop

the next time he meet us
boys from the main court
he go maintain
before he mess up!
`dude, is this a new rap 4 Amechi. Guy if u package the track well u 4 make market. hahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by frankwyte: 10:43am On Aug 25, 2015
I think the blame should not rest squarely on Ameachi alone, those who invited him should also buried their head in shame! What will Gadaffi be looking for among united nations... Adams changed entirely from his noble self in the name of politics and VP slot coming in the years ahead !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by juliusjulius: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2015
josite:

see how you forsake your own mercy.see how u convince me that has already jotted down your gsm for possible assistance that you are not a serious student.someone rightly asked you when you will have time to read your book,see how you reply him.so it is after you register for a course that you will start reading.untill then you can laze all day long on nairaland while we slave to get registration fees across to you.

Don't misunderstand me, I have never left ife, I'm taking one 2unit course this semester, I have always had the material and I do attend class once a week as it is on the time table, I have never wanted anything so bad in my life, I really need this degree.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Dibest(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2015
It saddens my heart each time I read comments from "Supposed Enlightened " individuals claiming to know something they have no single idea of, How Ameachi shutdown the courts in Rivers state, if the protest wasn't politically motivated, it should have been led by the leadership of the entire branch Rivers State NBA and not a LGA branch, let's always learn how to speak the truth no matter who is involved.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by refreshrate: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2015
frankwyte:
I think the blame should not rest squarely on Ameachi alone, those who invited him should also buried their head in shame! What will Gadaffi be looking for among united nations... Adams changed entirely from his noble self in the name of politics and VP slot coming in the years ahead !

For the others I can't comment yet but let it be known Adams really started manifesting himself after licking foreign snail.

Dunno if his brain is too weak for the substance or the substance is more potent than normal all I know is his level of oral diarrhea is really worrisome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by sleepycell: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2015
butanepro:
Wicked wike
ur indeed clueless..... what's wicked about this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by pBuhari(f): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2015
Amaechi is a shameless man, why did he go in the midst of the people he shutted down for one year because of his selfish political interest

CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR URL
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by refreshrate: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2015
Dibest:
It saddens my heart each time I read comments from "Supposed Enlightened " individuals claiming to know something they have no single idea of, How Ameachi shutdown the courts in Rivers state, if the protest wasn't politically motivated, it should have been led by the leadership of the entire branch Rivers State NBA and not a LGA branch, let's always learn how to speak the truth no matter who is involved.

You're very right sir!
One question though if you please in line with your learning how to speak the truth sir, please were the courts shut during his tenure ?(that man name no deserve being typed in my keypad abeg) How were the lawyers meant to survive?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by omolami: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2015
One of the lawyers could have told Adams Oshi Ole that what the protesting lawyers did was in response to undemocratic postures of many politicians. Definitely if we don't have bad politicians there wouldn't be bad lawyers. What happened was pay back for Amaechi who closed down judicial activities in the state while he held office. Therefore Oshi Ole statement us not justified. Politicians should first mend their ways for lawyers to protect them
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Dibest(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2015
Sure the courts in Rivers state were shutdown for about a year due to an indefinite strike embarked by the Rivers State branch of the Judiciary staffs as a result of conflicting interest on who heads the Judiciary in Rivers state, while Ameachi made his appointment based on his constitutional rights, Wike with his Abuja connections were manipulating the NJC, I am sure you know the details of happened then if only you will be truthful to yourself, you will get the real story.
refreshrate:

You're very right sir!
One question though if you please in line with your learning how to speak the truth sir, please were the courts shut during his tenure ?(that man name no deserve being typed in my keypad abeg) How were the lawyers meant to survive?

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by qtx(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2015
that man called amaechi is just a bundle of controversy wherever he finds himself. I wonder why he cant even sit down and ask himself a question.
In life there are 3 personalities you cant deceive: 1. You Cant Deceive Yourself, 2. You cant Deceive the Devil and 3. You cant deceive God.
Amaechi, if i were you i would have a total rethink over my life.

[url]robminds.com[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by bros856: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2015
chukwudi44:
The judiciary arm would really deal with Amaechi for what he did to the judiciary in River state. APC in River state would have to pay for his sins
God have merciful on you for judging what you don't know. Have you ask why he did that? May be he would have been impeached by 2 members of the house in Rivers state. I love this man, Amaechi The most popular name I know right now in Nigeria, The man with a lion heart, the only Governor that ruled without security even during elections, the only man that stood his grounds for APC against former President Jonathan, While WIKE and you people are busy trying to pose Amaechi and bring his name down everyway he goes, Amaechi is busy attending to Federal matters and functions, You enemies of Amaechi will get tired when he assumes office officially. WIKE & all of you Amaechi's enemies will be so ashame of youselves. Amaechi may be name the next Minister of Defence in Nigeria so go and write it down, and get back to me when it comes to pass.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Malazzy: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2015
Amaechi has no shame, he should have sent a representative because he has no moral backing to address lawyers especially those ones of PH branch. I know how many lawyers that used their laptops for collateral just to get 10k from me during Ameachi''s last tenure.
*Adams is an illiterate!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by cyprex: 11:38am On Aug 25, 2015
“271 (1) The appointment of a person to the office of a Chief Judge of a State shall be made by the governor of the state on the recommendation of the NJC subject to the confirmation of the appointment by the House of Assembly of the State.

The provision of the constitution above creates three actions to be performed by three separate authorities:- 1. RECOMMENDATION- vested on the NJC, 2. APPOINTMENT vested on the governor and 3. CONFIRMATION- vested on State House of Assembly. For purposes of interpretation, where one of these authorities acts without two others, such act is absolutely void. Where two authorities act without one, such act could at worst is voidable. The implication of this is such that the action of these two authorities remains valid until it is voided by the courts.

The word 'Recommendation' must remain what it is 'to suggest or advise' and should never connote 'mandatory or imposition'

Nigeria is a federation and I think under democracy, the grip of the central government on the states MUST be loosened and be seen to loosen in every facet of the polity.

The above position should be tested in court by these lawyer (except they are in support of this lopsided federal structure we have in place).

It is purely unacceptable for a group of lawyers, who obviously do not represent all the lawyer affected by the shut down of the courts to disrupt the peace of not only the guest 'Amaechi' but also that of other lawyers willing to listen to him.
Having said the above, I cannot justifiably blame the shut down of the courts in River state during that period on the action of the River state government.

Oshiomole's reaction is in order as the actions of 'learned men' must be distinguishable from actions of road side touts.

NBA must not allow the prestigious bar conference to be turned into a platform for political cynicism

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2015
ok...
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by mbulela: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
darocha1:

You are online 24/7, you do manage to make front page on every post. My brother when exactly you go read to avoid another extra-extra year

All na hustle.
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by frachy(f): 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
qtx:
that man called amaechi is just a bundle of controversy wherever he finds himself. I wonder why he cant even sit down and ask himself a question.
In life there are 3 personalities you cant deceive: 1. You Cant Deceive Yourself, 2. You cant Deceive the Devil and 3. You cant deceive God.
Amaechi, if i were you i have have a total rethink over my life.

[url]robminds.com[/url]
. You're right, you can't deceive God and that's why Amaechi has not and can not be put to shame just like many of you would want. I think you yourself should rather go and have a total overhaul of your way of thinking and start telling yourself the truth cos whether you and your likes like it or not, God will keep lifting Amaechi higher and higher. Watch this space!!!

1 Like

Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by adconline(m): 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
And he refused to hand over to WIKE unlike GEJ and co who accepted defeat and handed over. Amaechi worked againt democracy and most APC followers don't see anything wrong in that
Re: Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! by Clergy20: 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2015
The truth of the matter is that Amaechi ruled Rivers State for 8yrs and didn't close down the courts until the last year of his tenure. This clearly shows that he wasn't against the courts, something warranted that, and it's important to know why he did this. This was a man who was fighting for his political survival with the government at the centre. At a point, 5 members of the House of Assembly were backed by the FG to impeach him. All they needed to do was to sit and instruct the Chief Justice of the State to form a panel to investigate him. At a point he had to close down the house of assembly to prevent this minority from sitting.

The battle was fierce to the point that both sides were looking for ways of controlling the institutions that could remove the governor. When the seat of the Chief Judge became vacant, it was a battle of wits to control who sits there. The Constitution didn't help as the governor was supposed to appoint based on the recommendation of the NJC. The NJC has OCJ Okocha, whose sister was being recommended by the NJC for the post, but Amaechi saw that as a leeway to his removal since OCJ Okocha was in PDP's camp. Amaechi used his power under the constitution to appoint Agumagu, while the NJC recommended Daisy Okocha. This led to the suspension of Agumagu by the NJC and Amaechi had to close the courts to save his political career as a governor.

It would be incorrect to assume that Amaechi hates the courts or lawyers, it was a battle he needed to fight that caused that. If Amaechi had not remained in power, it might have been difficult to have gotten PMB.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Is The Father Of Corruption - Mark Wosi / Residents Flee Numan, Adamawa Over Soldiers & Fulani Clash (Photos) / Nigerian Soldier Injured By Boko Haram Receiving Treatment (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.