Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. (22828 Views)

Buy Lands At A New Layout In Akpuoga Nike, Enugu. / Buy And Build At The "Royal Palms Estates", Ako Nike, Enugu / Semi-detached Duplex At Royal Garden Estate, Lekki By MOORE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Aug 30, 2015
Gboliwe:

I had a terrible very terrible experience buying a piece of land in Umuahia last year. I am yet to recover from that not-so-good experience. Thoughts of getting a property now is so not in my list. Thank you all the same.

Care to share the experience? someone could learn something from it, thank you.
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by Gboliwe: 6:51am On Aug 30, 2015
spyder880:

Care to share the experience? someone could learn something from it, thank you.

No thank you. I'll pass.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by eagleeye2: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2015
Gboliwe:

No thank you. I'll pass.
mmmmh....Please naw. We will like to hear of it. Especially first timers like us. Am bidding with someone at the moment, just that we are yet to conclude on price. I wouldn't mind learning from your experience.
Please.
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by cococandy(f): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2015
toshmann:

Hmmmnn. . . .. . . Cococandy. . . . make i no talk o. . . . . make i no commit sacrilege before God and before man. . . .

But u know wetin i wan talk wink

Tosh I no know wetin you want talk o.

I just said the idea sound nice. C'est finis. smiley
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by toshmann(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
cococandy:

Tosh I no know wetin you want talk o.

I just said the idea sound nice. C'est finis. smiley

Cocoooooooo. . . . . . . . . . . . .wink . . . . U wan tell me say u no know wetin dey my mind cheesy
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by ifyalways(f): 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
Gboliwe:

I had a terrible very terrible experience buying a piece of land in Umuahia last year. I am yet to recover from that not-so-good experience. Thoughts of getting a property now is so not in my list. Thank you all the same.

Ewo! Sorry o. We live to learn.

Toshmann having a room in a " lekwa ntu" house is not equal to owning a property. Don't derail this thread with your akwuna tendencies Biko cheesy and leave Coco alone.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by cococandy(f): 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
toshmann:

Cocoooooooo. . . . . . . . . . . . .wink . . . . U wan tell me say u no know wetin dey my mind cheesy

I no know.
The gods didn't gift me with mind reading.

Oya gbam ukwu n'eze. O gini?
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by cococandy(f): 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
ifyalways:

Toshmann having a room in a " lekwa ntu" house is not equal to owning a property. Don't derail this thread with your akwuna tendencies Biko cheesy and leave Coco alone.

Ify you ehn. grin

Which one is lekwa ntu house?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by Bantino(m): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
I'm in on this, and will be here every now and then for updates....

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by blank(f): 12:53am On Aug 31, 2015
This is a lovely initiative. However, Enugu is my focus. Don't want to spread myself too thin.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2015
blank:
This is a lovely initiative. However, Enugu is my focus. Don't want to spread myself too thin.

In that case, be getting ready for our next big thing in Enugu...... https://www.nairaland.com/2565118/buy-build-royal-palms-estates
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by IgboDelta: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nice One !!! We are waiting !!!

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by plasgidy: 2:27am On Sep 01, 2015
Spydoo ndewoo, are you going to build and sale or just share the plots and sale while interested buyers build them selves.
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 6:58am On Sep 01, 2015
plasgidy:
Spydoo ndewoo, are you going to build and sale or just share the plots and sale while interested buyers build them selves.

The problem with build and sell is that you never know what the prospective buyer has in mind, so they may not bid so high in comparison to what you spent building for them. Most times they may require additional modifications to either the structure, or the finishing style.

Secondly, the speed with which newer styles are introduced into the building industry might make a particular building hard to sell, especially if you just completed a house before the new method hits the market. Think of those that their houses sold slowly, and they didn't use parapet designs or stone coated roofing, this might affect the chances of sales and make the building hard to sell.

My plan here is to prepare the lands and sell them, but I am very mindful of the type of people I am trying to sell to, people with like minds, people who will appreciate serenity and tranquility, and so all my efforts are geared towards creating an environment they will be so comfortable with that they will build the types of mansions better than the ones at World Bank housing estate, Owerri. This is what will raise, and continue to sustain the value of this estate.

My surveyor will visit this land today, lets move round the environment and see more of this land.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by toshmann(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
ifyalways:

grin grin grin grin grin

Ifykratic ifybembe cheesy
Nwanne house na house grin

Ify ekpere m wu ka idi ogologo ndu wink
Ima how far. grin

Cococandy, coco de coco wink , u say u no sabi wetin i de talk, wink okay o. Ka chineke mezie okwu. Inu na di, ka m hapu gi. smiley
Maka 'lekwa ntu', gaa juo ify ihe i mean-iri grin
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by cococandy(f): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
Onye ara grin
toshmann:

grin grin grin grin grin

Ifykratic ifybembe cheesy
Nwanne house na house grin

Ify ekpere m wu ka idi ogologo ndu wink
Ima how far. grin

Cococandy, coco de coco wink , u say u no sabi wetin i de talk, wink okay o. Ka chineke mezie okwu. Inu na di, ka m hapu gi. smiley
Maka 'lekwa ntu', gaa juo ify ihe i mean-iri grin

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 4:33am On Sep 02, 2015
Circling the land with some of the owners, and identifying live trees planted in the olden days to mark boundaries.

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
The whole rains that fell on Owerri yesterday and today, fell on us while inside this bush, we are looking at more options, better locations, Irete, even down to Okuku, which is a neighboring town to Umuguma! grin This is getting better.......

So I pulled out all my men, called out everyone who should know where boundaries start and stop, chartered all bikes and tricycles necessary, called in people of neighboring towns whom I can ask of the history of the area, I just need to be thorough, very very thorough.

My surveyors are also here to measure the lands and get accurate sizes.

Pictures of our searches..... the hustle is real....

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 12:25am On Sep 03, 2015
A helicopter view of the whole area I have been describing.....

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 6:31am On Sep 04, 2015
I nave been working with my surveyor to complete the map of this area, this land is about 5.7 hectares big. I will be working out the details for cost and other conditions, reserve your money because this place will be great in the coming few months.

I have got a lot of callers asking me what the likely price for this land will be, please be patient as I set the ball rolling. Thank you all.
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is what we have come up with, a sketch of the land we are going to pay for at Okuku, near Umuguma Owerri West local government area.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
We will most likely be selling this lands in square metres. Don't go looking for bigger plots because you will pay for every meter cheesy

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by whirlwind7(m): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
What about the Irete lands? Felt you were working on securing that part? It's location looked better than Okuku...at least on paper.
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by Ogbodavies(m): 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
good one...... @whirlwind.. i prefer okuku over irete because of access to ph road and onitsha road....... already have one plot in okuku, amapu to be precise...
waiting for spyder price to see if I can add another plot in okuku
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by petikal(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
spyder880:
We will most likely be selling this lands in square metres. Don't go looking for bigger plots because you will pay for every meter cheesy

Great, I was about to ask! That's a better way of pricing, so it's cost/sqft.
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 8:28am On Sep 05, 2015
whirlwind7:
What about the Irete lands? Felt you were working on securing that part? It's location looked better than Okuku...at least on paper.

Ogbodavies:
good one...... @whirlwind.. i prefer okuku over irete because of access to ph road and onitsha road....... already have one plot in okuku, amapu to be precise...
waiting for spyder price to see if I can add another plot in okuku

I started this search in Irete, and was with them for two days, my major problem in Irete was that I could not get a safe land with the size I had in mind, so I continued to search. When they took me to Okuku, I was very impressed. I kept them there, took a bike ride to Umuguma and Owerri and back, then I concluded that Okuku will develop before Irete.

Okuku is a stone throw away from Umuguma, which is the local government H/Q for Owerri west LGA. Okuku is also closer to World bank housing estates, which is by far the most decent part of Owerri, many big buildings are coming up at Umuguma axis, and if we position ourselves in Okuku, we will be inside Owerri city before you could say Jack Robinson!!! grin grin

All we need is Rochas to do a single stretch of road from Umuguma to Okuku and we are good to go. Land cost at Umuguma is an average of N4m as at today, While we can get lands in Okuku for far cheaper than this. Let us go for Okuku my people!
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 10:35am On Sep 05, 2015
My preliminary calculations show that a square meter of land here will cost about N1,650.00 each.

This will mean that you will multiply N1650 x the plot size you have in mind to determine what the price per plot is.

This price covers everything like.

1. Cost of your plot
2. Your title deeds, on your own name (prepared by a lawyer)
3. Your survey plans, on your own name (prepared by a registered surveyor)
4. Cost of building a perimeter fence around the land and a gate with estate office/security office
5. Cost of getting the completed documents to your doorstep, anywhere in Nigeria.
6. Cost of planting royal palm trees along all the roads and all around this planned estate.
7. Cost of bulldozing this land to create all roads as planned in the layout.

More comments are welcome.
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by msogunro: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
spyder880:

Excellent!!
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by eagleeye2: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
spyder880:
My preliminary calculations show that a square meter of land here will cost about N1,650.00 each.

This will mean that you will multiply N1650 x the plot size you have in mind to determine what the price per plot is.

1. Cost of your plot
4. Cost of building a perimeter fence around the land and a gate with estate office/security office
5. Cost of getting the completed documents to your doorstep, anywhere in Nigeria.
6. Cost of planting royal palm trees along all the roads and all around this planned estate.

What's the standard size of a plot and how do I calculate it using per sq m?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by RareDiamonds: 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
Can someone buy and leave the land until there is money to build what one wants ?

spyder880:

1. Cost of your plot

Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by Marpol: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
spyder880:

How many square meters is in 100 by 60?
Re: Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. by spyder880(m): 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
Marpol:

How many square meters is in 100 by 60?

About 557 sqm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Behind the scenes in the building industry (collection of funny site stories) / Questions To Ask Before Buying A Land / Cost Of Rent In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.