Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Were People Right About Buhari? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were People Right About Buhari? (42715 Views)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

The truth is most people who bother about where an appointee comes from is more interesting in "chopping" than working. Their prayer is the person appointed from their region is someone they know so they can go and beg for contract.
is it really that bad to go beg ur govt for contract?
Do u think jb n other big firms do sit in thier offices then contracts will just land?
Bros am really sorry for u.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
ejirede:
do you really think if Buhari had picked another northerner has his running mate in the last elections,the southwesterns would have voted for him massively ?

Osinbanjo is most respected VP in Nigeria ever. If this was all about ethnicity, he would have been relegated to the background once mission is accomplished!

4 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
Listening to many of these buhari folks talk , you would think these daurans had any form of credible track record that warrants their super-imposition on Nigerians at the expense of all-inclusive govt that has been the only reason why Nigeria has not gone off the irreversible deep end yet.
Buhari better succeed by any means possible and without fail, because he has just heaped coals of fire on his own head.
If he fails with all his obvious bigotry, the national consequences may be dire in 2019.

9 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:

A religious bigot that recently canceled govt's sponsorship of Hajj? A religious bigots who have probably equal number of Muslim and Xtian appointees in his govt so far?

Sure the appointments have clearly skewed in favour of North but was Jona termed an ethnic bigot when over 70% of his appointments were skewed in favour of the South?

I don't like these latest appointments but let's talk factually and responsibly.
Since the religious card has been largely defeated, you won't hear the islamization talk anymore

3 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
ejirede:
do you really think if Buhari had picked another northerner has his running mate in the last elections,the southwesterns would have voted for him massively ?
C'mon, let us not deceive ourselves here.
Elections are over.
If the VP was not from the SW, the votes for buhari from there would have been halved.
Osibanjo had no track record in business or politics, his yorubaness won him a lot of votes from there.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by 4Play(m): 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:

Oga, the Nigeria of today is testament to the fact that the PDP method of governance was faulty, out-dated and was built on wrong notions of democracy.
Thus, APC and Buhari presented 'change'.

Change from the old ways to new and more efficient ways. Let's be honest, the current government has been quite transparent compared to previous governments we've had.

To the matter at hand, yes, I agree that his latest appointments might provoke some doubt about his tolerance/regard for the Southern region, even amongst his most ardent supporters. I will continue to plead for patience as I'm sure he'll achieve a balance in the long run

I often find this sentiment profoundly silly not because I have much regard for PDP but because of what it reveals about Nigerians' lack of perspective. PDP came into power in 1999, the Nigeria of pre-1999 was an odious calamity. You often find people who either don't remember the Nigeria of those days or were kids/young at the time and had no real knowledge of the actual state of affairs then, basing their analysis on the notion that PDP is the root cause of our problem. They do so because PDP is all they have known in their adult life.

Nigeria was messed up before PDP was formed, therefore, what is wrong with Nigeria transcends PDP. This is a 55 year old country which has been dysfunctional from the beginning. You can keep deluding yourself that regurgitating political characters from the past, so long as they are not PDP, is the path to a new beginning but that is the height of self-deception. I predict that we will be dissapointed just as we have been for 55 years. In 8 years time, people who are infants or teens today will proclaim that our problem is mainly attributable to APC. We will never learn.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
Geniro:

Sure i am from the south and we had bright spots who did well in the last admin. If you assent to this northenization drive because it sooth you then fine.

Multitudes are expressing dissatisfaction in this lopsided appointments.
The only thing that soothes me is the absence of questionable characters
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Rad1cal: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Osinbanjo is most respected VP in Nigeria ever. If this was all about ethnicity, he would have been relegated to the background once mission is accomplished!

Olodo, you shouldn't be responding on this board. He asked a very simple question and you went off key.

He meant if the SW would have voted for Buhari if he had a northerner as his running mate. Since you are all preaching he is free to handpick all his appointments from his village if he so desires.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

I just hate defending Jonathan but when some people make it a habit to be misinformed, i have to say something. Do you have any proof whatsoever that 70% of Jonathan's appointees were southerners or that there were more southerners than Northerners in his government. I've seen you guys throw such half baked facts around and it's becoming embarrassing. You have to understand that the North will always win whether an Ijaw, Igbo or Yoruba man is the president. Nigerian structure has just been setting in such a motion that they just always have to win. Do you think they would fold their arms and watch Jonathan appoint 70% of his staff from the South? Do you even think Jonathan has the mind to go through with it?
I will look for the document and present to you later. Maybe not 70% but you cannot argue that it was skewed in favour of SS and SE.

Besides, did where his appointees came from have any significant effect on his performance? His Otuoke community recently cried out for lack of potable water and other basic amenities?

3 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
You expect well-ratiocinated explanations from Buhari's equally bigoted sycophants?
Here's what would happen:

*They'd invade this thread to post inciting comments instead of issue-based FACTUAL explanations devoid of overbearing sentimentality.

*Supporters of PDP would be forced to defend themselves.

*A free-for-all cussing polarized squabble would occur.

*When Buhari's sycophants realize the purpose of this thread has been defeated and they've successfully diverted attention from his glaring nepotism and bigotry, they'd desert this thread and move on to the next one to regurgitate the same cliched sentences.

Predictable lots.

Oops! By the way, I am a "Wailer"- a proud one at that. I suppose "wailing" for a better democracy is honourable.smiley
it is called the cycle of the demented and unfortunately it is now a new routine
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

Since the religious card has been largely defeated, you won't hear the islamization talk anymore
Sure. I just pray and hope that the president is a bit more circumspect in further appointments.

I was seriously expecting to see Ogbonnaya Onu as SFG or COS.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:

Just because of heterogeneous nature of the country.

I am an advocate of the right man for the job. But at the same time, appointments has to reflect our multi nationalities to a minimum degree. Something like 65% to 35% at the worst case scenario. Not, 90% to 10%.
I rather classify Nigerians as corrupt and incorruptible. If I was president, I would appoint people I know in sensitive position rather than people nominated for/to me. In the end, I take the blame and glory. Ask Gej and his regrets

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
4Play:

I often find this sentiment profoundly silly not because I have much regard for PDP but because of what it reveals about Nigerians' lack of perspective. PDP came into power in 1999, the Nigeria of pre-1999 was an odious calamity. You often find people who either don't remember the Nigeria of those days or were kids/young at the time and had no real knowledge of the actual state of affairs then, basing their analysis on the notion that PDP is the root cause of our problem. They do so because PDP is all they have known in their adult life.

Nigeria was messed up before PDP was formed, therefore, what is wrong with Nigeria transcends PDP. This is a 55 year old country which has been dysfunctional from the beginning. You can keep deluding yourself that regurgitating political characters from the past, so long as they are not PDP, is the path to a new beginning but that is the height of self-deception. I predict that we will be dissapointed just as we have been for 55 years. In 8 years time, people who are infants or teens today will proclaim that our problem is mainly attributable to APC. We will never learn.
God bless u
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
4Play:

The only denominator between pre-1999 Nigeria and post 1999 Nigeria is a continous northern dominance of our governance.
This is just the bitter truth.
The wings of Nigeria's eagle have been clipped by the north.

4 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Afam4eva(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:

I will look for the document and present to you later. Maybe not 70% but you cannot argue that it was skewed in favour of SS and SE.

Besides, did where his appointees came from had any significant effect on his performance? His Otuoke community recently cried out for lack of potable water and other basic amenities?
Of course, run and go get the document deliberated aimed at supporting the lies that you want to believe. if you want to be true to yourself, get a list of all Jonathan's appointees including ministers, heads of government parastatal and corporations, only then can you get the true story. Dude, Northerners dominated Jonathan's government just like they have dominated past governments and will continue to dominate. The only difference is that in Jonathan's government, there was some semblance of equity but they still had more people in government.

Please, don't patronize me with Jonathan's failures. It has been a consensus and i agree that the guy fail, so stop using it to support Buhari's obvious bias. Are you telling me that just because Jonathan failed, then Buhari has the moral right to appoint his people from the North? Are there no credible people from the south to fill these positions? Are all the men of integrity from the North?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:
@OP, a mistake in your thread: PMB may not have appointed someone from the SE but Dr. Ibe Kachukwu, the GMD of NNPC is Igbo.
do note that nigeria is made u of 6 geopolitical zones and Dr Ibe happens to be Igbo from southsouth not southeast, olusegun aganga is a youruba from edo state, when Gej appointed him minister of finance (Lagos slot) yorubas of lagos origin complained that he is not from their zone but southsouth but didn't deny his origin being yourba,later Gej appointed Obanikoro as a lagos indigene to replace lagos slot, as much as federal character is still enthrenched in the constitution, appointments should reflect federal character
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

I rather classify Nigerians as corrupt and incorruptible. If I was president, I would appoint people I know in sensitive position rather than people nominated for/to me. In the end, I take the blame and glory. Ask Gej and his regrets
Could it be said that PMB could find incorruptible persons in the South? I am sure the answer is "NO".

As I said b4, the president has proved once again that he is his own man with these appointments BUT he needs to be more circumspect in future appointments.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:

Besides, did where his appointees came from had any significant effect on his performance? His Otuoke community recently cried out for lack of potable water and other basic amenities?
was he d president of otouke?
Buhari has been d head of state before, so r u saying daura is like london?
Obj has been d head for more than 10yrs, has any good thing happen to ogun state? Can u boast that ogun state has no poor man?
Why always attack gej?
Is he d one that colonised d zoo?
Abi na him make u turn begger?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

Some of you just dont understand what it means to be a leader. The fact that our nation has been riddled with under-development and de-development like forever does not mean that, that is all that matters. Apart from having good roads, hospitals et al, we need a leader that will unite the country and not one who makes statements such as 95%-5%. One issue that has thrived for so long is ethnic and religious intolerance and you think that building the second Niger bridge, a seaport or whatever means everything is not well with Nigeria? You sure have a lot to learn.
what if he appoints 80% Ibos in his cabinet and at the end of the day he prevents them from doing anything meaningful for the SE, how will you feel? I believe you'll still go about rejoicing and dancing cos your brothers are in high positions while your roads remain poor just as you did under GEJ and his ibo administration.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
A precedence have been set for future govts.
The next southern president has an easy job already.
Just appoint your people into position indiscriminately.
Afterall, that is being ''your own man''.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by 2sex(m): 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
what if the people he appoints, which currently aren't from you stock, perform and end up being the ones to facilitate a 2nd niger bridge, a SE seaport, federal roads, federal presence etc in the SE, will you still prefer he had appointed based on ethnicity equality? Remember how GEJ appointed mostly from SE. No one complained until they started looting and not performing.

Wait till his appointees fail before you wail. That was what the SW did concerning GEJ's administration.
bridge you say? Bridge that has been suspended? NIS recruitment exercise suspended as well?

Fvck.. I am Buhari supporter and I have no shame in that, however, I have learned not to sentimental in my dispositions.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Afam4eva(m): 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
what if he appoints 80% Ibos in his cabinet and at the end of the day he prevents them from doing anything meaningful for the SE, how will you feel? I believe you'll still go about rejoicing and dancing cos your brothers are in high positions while your roads remain poor just as you did under GEJ and his ibo administration.
Whi is talking about appointing Igbos so that they can do something for the SE. lady, do you think you're talking to keep or do you think this is a nursey rhyme session? if you don't have anything meaningful to add, don't quote. This is as ridiculous as it gets.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

Of course, run and go get the document deliberated aimed at supporting the lies that you want to believe. if you want to be true to yourself, get a list of all Jonathan's appointees including ministers, heads of government parastatal and corporations, only then can you get the true story. Dude, Northerners dominated Jonathan's government just like they have dominated past governments and will continue to dominate. The only difference is that in Jonathan's government, there was some semblance of equity but they still had more people in government.

Please, don't patronize me with Jonathan's failures. It has been a consensus and i agree that the guy fail, so stop using it to support Buhari's obvious bias. Are you telling me that just because Jonathan failed, then Buhari has the moral right to appoint his people from the North? Are there no credible people from the south to fill these positions? Are all the men of integrity from the North?
I am unfortunately not so available to search for the list now but the fact remains that there were more Southerners in GEJ's regime than Northerners. The Southerners were more of SE/SS and a handful of SW.

I have not defended Buhari on the latest appointments. In fact, I hate it. However, don't bring the religious coloration into it. That was my main grouse with you. The present composition of his appointees so far and his acts do not support that claim of yours. Besides, there are still many other appointments coming and I sincerely hope that he corrects this anomaly.

The president will however not be judged on where his appointees come from but their performance and his.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

Whi is talking about appointing Igbos so that they can do something for the SE. lady, do you think you're talking to keep or do you think this is a nursey rhyme session? if you don't have anything meaningful to add, don't quote. This is as ridiculous as it gets.
It is not as if the old man even has the igbo at heart.
Someone whose first duty as a so-called change govt is the suspension of the niger bridge project.
Nonsense.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Rad1cal:

Olodo, you shouldn't be responding on this board. He asked a very simple question and you went off key.

He meant if the SW would have voted for Buhari if he had a northerner as his running mate. Since you are all preaching he is free to handpick all his appointments from his village if he so desires.
VP is not an appointment. Choosing a VP from another ethnic group is a bargaining tool used by political parties. If buhari had decided to chose his VP from one of his blood brothers, if he will win he will win. MKO rode on a muslim-muslim ticket and still won.

Buhari can go ahead to chose his cabinet from daura, what matters is performance.

Would you prefer your blood brother being a minister and you still unable to feed to a northerner who provides policies that put food on your table?

2 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:

Sure. I just pray and hope that the president is a bit more circumspect in further appointments.

I was seriously expecting to see Ogbonnaya Onu as SFG or COS.
I like the element of surprise and Buhari sticking to his plans.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:

do you prefer an igbo man to become a minister while your predicament continues or an hausa man who makes proper provisions for your well-being?

Tell me, what did you benefit from all the appointments the Clueless one gave your people?

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Afam4eva(m): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:

I am unfortunately not so available to search for the list now but the fact remains that there were more Southerners in GEJ's regime than Northerners. The Southerners were more of SE/SS and a handful of SW.
Of course, THE FACT that you cannot present. But the fact still remains. Nigeria don suffer.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:

Could it be said that PMB could find incorruptible persons in the South? I am sure the answer is "NO".

As I said b4, the president has proved once again that he is his own man with these appointments BUT he needs to be more circumspect in future appointments.
It's not about searching, it's about appointing people you know. It's Buhari's government not a power sharing government. Buhari will know more northerner same way I will know more southerners.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Rad1cal: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
VP is not an appointment. Choosing a VP from another ethnic group is a bargaining tool used by political parties. If buhari had decided to chose his VP from one of his blood brothers, if he will win he will win. MKO rode on a muslim-muslim ticket and still won.

Buhari can go ahead to chose his cabinet from daura, what matters is performance.

Would you prefer your blood brother being a minister and you still unable to feed to a northerner who provides policies that put food on your table?

I lost interest in your post twhen i stumbled on your infantile post in bold.

You are not talking to kids here Please.

Stop it.

3 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
It is not as if the old man even has the igbo at heart.
Someone whose first duty as a so-called change govt is the suspension of the niger bridge project.
Nonsense.
stop acting like we all don't know how much of a scam that bridge is.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Rad1cal:

I lost interest in your pos twhen i stumbled on your infantile post in bold.

You are not talking to kids here Please.

Stop it.
you should have used the above space to point out the senselessness in the post. I guess you couldn't find a fault in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Osinbajo Walks On Kpako Bridge Due To Flood (Pictured) / Buhari Endorses Dapo Abiodun As Ogun Governor, Amosun's Thugs Kick / List Of 240 Polling Units Where Voting Won't Take Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.