Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Were People Right About Buhari? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were People Right About Buhari? (42817 Views)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by UnknownT: 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:
@OP, a mistake in your thread: PMB may not have appointed someone from the SE but Dr. Ibe Kachukwu, the GMD of NNPC is Igbo.

I am extremely disappointed and at the same time appreciates the character of the president. The personality that he sticks to his gun as far as he believes in what he's doing. Though this type of attribute, as it's strength, can also become weakness.

Having said that, these latest appointments cannot be justified on the ground of absence of competent and upright characters in the SS/SE/SW.
If a yoruba man from Kogi or Kwara is appointed, do you see it as a north central appointment or a yoruba appointment?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by omolami: 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
Too late to cry, pdp campaign organization earned Nigerians enough about buhari's character. No way a leopard will change its skin. Buhari is tribalistic, a bigot and full of vendetta. The Fulanis like to dominate anywhere they are through any means. Buhari does not care as ong as its the gambaris he is appointing to positions in Nigeria .
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by omolami: 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
Too late to cry, pdp campaign organization earned Nigerians enough about buhari's character. No way a leopard will change its skin. Buhari is tribalistic, a bigot and full of vendetta. The Fulanis like to dominate anywhere they are through any means. Buhari does not care as long as its the gambaris he is appointing to positions in Nigeria .comment.

2 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Ayomide7209(m): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
I was supriced when I read the news about his latest appointments, does it mean the southerners are not qualified?, well, let keep our fingers crossed and see how things unfold.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by omolami: 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Too late to cry, pdp campaign organization warned Nigerians enough about buhari's character. No way a leopard will change its skin. Buhari is tribalistic, a bigot and full of vendetta. The Fulanis like to dominate anywhere they are through any means. Buhari does not care as long as its the gambaris he is appointing to positions in Nigeria .comment. He needs to learn some democratic principles.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by s0ft(m): 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Good day pepz smiley
Help me win #slumbookfreestylecompetition by liking my video on instagram https://instagram.com/p/65cooAp_gG/ Tnxx Bless ✌ ✌
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Osode: 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
4Play:

I often find this sentiment profoundly silly not because I have much regard for PDP but because of what it reveals about Nigerians' lack of perspective. PDP came into power in 1999, the Nigeria of pre-1999 was an odious calamity. You often find people who either don't remember the Nigeria of those days or were kids/young at the time and had no real knowledge of the actual state of affairs then, basing their analysis on the notion that PDP is the root cause of our problem. They do so because PDP is all they have known in their adult life.

Nigeria was messed up before PDP was formed, therefore, what is wrong with Nigeria transcends PDP. This is a 55 year old country which has been dysfunctional from the beginning. You can keep deluding yourself that regurgitating political characters from the past, so long as they are not PDP, is the path to a new beginning but that is the height of self-deception. I predict that we will be dissapointed just as we have been for 55 years. In 8 years time, people who are infants or teens today will proclaim that our problem is mainly attributable to APC. We will never learn.
A nothern friend once told me that the 'Education' that southerners pride themselves on is their Greatest Undoing.
My kneejerk reaction was 2 defend that, that education is what has kept our poverty level far lower, as individuals fend 4 themselves better.
However, having left for the north at age 9 and eversince lived there with other Southerners, Secretly, I knew exactly what he meant
...Inteligence...(what school tries to sharpen) is not that same as Wisdom... (what the nothern oligarcs, who care even less about their own poor people) Pride themselves on, and have used against the southerners ever since with Mind Numbing Devastation.
Do you SS/SW/SEners down there know the level of Glaring Bias and Nepotism that would make that Generation of Southerners who where only aged btw 9,10 and13 at the time, 2 be so keenly aware of it ...even at that very tender age??
Have U lot in ur 30s ever wandered why those of s Southrnrs 4rm that Generation who are now in our 40s did every thing within our power to disuade U lot 4rm Buhari (....as a person now)?
I do not know which is more saddening. Watching another 38yr cycle of parasitic marginalization begining, Or watching the very Pathetic Attempts by some southerners here 2 use this overated 'book' inteligence 2 avoid...THE VERY GLARING FACT THAT THERE'S NOW A VERY BIG ELEPHANT STANDING RIGHT HERE IN THIS ROOM...!!! And its not going away in a loooong time??
Its agonising to hear the same hollow intellectual fraud I heard 4rm some of our seniors then... Befor they lucked them up and thrw away the keys... NOW frm another generation of southerners younger than us, and bcoms clear how hopeless things stand.
Of all the threads I've been on in Nairaland, in my 4 r so yrs. I have admit I've never felt as ashamed as I've been on this one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by HzRF(m): 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

It might look like that but i don't really care. You cannot solve problems with the same mentality that created the problems and ethnicity is what led us down this road we are.
And who are those that benefit more from this ethnicity things

And what was the result
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by uprightman(m): 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
what if the people he appoints, which currently aren't from you stock, perform and end up being the ones to facilitate a 2nd niger bridge, a SE seaport, federal roads, federal presence etc in the SE, will you still prefer he had appointed based on ethnicity equality? Remember how GEJ appointed mostly from SE. No one complained until they started looting and not performing.

Wait till his appointees fail before you wail. That was what the SW did concerning GEJ's administration.
please name. 5 people gej appointment from south east. then I will support your arguement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
You seriously don't get the point.
The argument i have against buhari is not just because they are northerners. It is that there are far better candidates in the south and in higher numbers.
If the north had the best track record in governance, their leadership position would be justified beyond reasonable doubt albeit grulgingly.
The north is one of the worst places on earth to be a child,how can you then justify their domination of a supposedly progressive nation.?
You are missing the point, every elected president forms his government majorly with his inner caucus, this is what is obtainable worldwide, because he bears the brunt when his govt goes crashing same way he takes the glory of all goes well. Let the president work with those he trust to deliver his plans. he has just 4yrs.
I repeat it is a Buhari govt and not a power sharing government.

3 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by cleatoris: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

My prayer is that we do away with federal character, while shouldn't the best bidder with the best package get contracts instead of federal character?
My grouse with the north is, when it comes to education and some employment based on academic qualifications, they hinge on the principle of federal character to get their way. But when it comes to issues like this, they jettison it.
This is the height of hypocrisy and conspiracy.

Talking about bidding for contracts based on competence, the north is not as competitive as southerners. They will lose out completely.

9 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.

I'm elated to find an educated Nigerian on this forum, bravo Sir.

If you're ever in the LA area please let me buy you a beer.

2 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by mentorandfriend(m): 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:
There are more appointments coming. Let's be patient.

Truth be told, I think Buhari is trolling the Tanoids. Even the most ardent of Buhari's haters would have been shocked by the announcements today. It was completely unexpected. This nigga really gives no Bleep.

For once, we have a leader who understands what it means to be President. A man who survived a coup and lost 3 elections really has it all to prove. And he will only appoint those whom he trusts. I only hope he applies a little wisdom in his next appointments to douse the tension of ethnic sentiments that's beginning to fester.
Your wisdom is legendary.
Btw, I'll still vote Bubu in 2019, despite being disappointed by his appointments today.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Rexnegro(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:

Truth be told, I think Buhari is trolling the Tanoids. Even the most ardent of Buhari's haters would have been shocked by the announcements today. It was completely unexpected. This nigga really gives no Bleep.

For once, we have a leader who understands what it means to be President. A man who survived a coup and lost 3 elections really has it all to prove. And he will only appoint those whom he trusts. I only hope he applies a little wisdom in his next appointments to douse the tension of ethnic sentiments that's beginning to fester.
My Broda who want talk make him talk...as far am concern I don't care where the appointee comes from regardless he does the job demanded of him by pmb and nigerians...#SIMPLE...moreso if you notice it very well his appointment is based on who merit it and not all those pdp kind of appointment that's based on compensation and sentiment ignoring men and women who actually merit based on criteria,capacity and competence. Pmb knows what he's doing, he's not that clueless gej. Imagine even his party chairman don't even know who and who may make his cabinet...he's rigid , focus and determine that's The kind of president dis stubborn con3 need. So as for me pmb you re welcome on board....
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Demichaels: 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
This is not to cast any atom of doubt on Buhari's ability to lead and produce results after all, most of his opponents who were members of the electorate did not vote for him because they think he wont perform. Many of these people disliked him for the fact that they thought he was a tribalist and religious bigot. I personally paid no attention to what was flying around about Buhari pre-election, not necessarily because i thought what people were saying were lies but because those things could not be substantiated especially by me personally. So, i did what i have always done and that is to give people the benefit of the doubt. Personally, i felt Jonathan was a complete failure and thought we needed to try something different. Buhari may not have been my prefered choice out of the number of technocrats that i saw in APC but since he was presented, i kinda preferred him over Jonathan.

Now coming to the purpose of this thread. Doesn't it make some of us look stupid when it seems like Buhari is inching closer to the person they painted him to be. I mean, some Buhari supporters will make statements like "I don't care where the person Buhari appoints comes from as long as he is capable". Of course, statements such as these make people to sleep well at night and not look like complete idiots in the presence of people who would say "Didn't i warn you?". Anybody with an iota of common sense would see that this present dispensation has been riddled with an increase of Northern elements and it is glaring even to the blind. How do you explain the fact that after almost 20 appointments made so far. Only less than 5 are from the south. Not even a single person from the South-East has been appointed to any position. I know Igbos are the group of people we love to hate but this just isn't fair in my opinion. If you want to defend Buhari's pattern of appointments, i think your best bet would be to tell us how Southern Nigeria are so corrupt that it will be hard to find men of integrity or how the North boast of more educated individuals who are unrivaled.

In the spirit of giving Buhari, the benefit of the doubt, my 1 years grace period is still counting. After then, i'll have something to say about his government.
BUHARI: A PERSONIFICATION OF TRIBALISM
Nothing defines Tribalism, Nepotism and Hatred
like the mention of the name, Buhari. A name that
has resurrected every iota of disintegration,
secession and disunity that were before now
buried (at least hypocritically or should I say
politically) in this political jungle called Nigeria.
Buhari's body language, utterances, appointment
formula in the business of governance is a
confirmation that he actually BELONGS TO
SOMEBODY (the north - the constituents of the
political 95%) and does not belong to everybody
(the south - constituents of the obviously
marginalized 5%).
I still believe that the biggest losers in this whole
political drama is the South West, who chose to
align force with the uncircumcised herdsman to
oust Jonathan from office with the hope of
gaining political relevance. But alas! They have
been disappointed. This has just proven that the
copyright owner of the assertion, THE DEVIL YOU
KNOW IS BETTER THAN THE ANGEL YOU DON'T
KNOW deserves an international honour.
I know of a character who refers this country as
ZOO or ZOOLOGICAL REPUBLIC and whatever his
agitation might be, Buhari's actions is simply
making it realizable faster than anyone can
imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by mentorandfriend(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.
I'm always overjoyed whenever I see highly cerebral folks on this forum. God will bless you.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Tahtah: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

Nah true talk...As far as these people deliver, in terms of development n governance, he, Buhari can make northerners his cabinet...

I am a southerner... Wen people say Buhari has not appointed people from the south-east, r they there to share common wealth? No. But to serve people, so y r u bothered about a man from the south east who is making his money from his business/work.. Anyway, all of us can't sleep n face one direction...life will not be interesting, if we do..

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by piagetskinner(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Only time will tell
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by BabaO2: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
blueButtocks:

Can those people win elections for him? He should resign if he feels everybody from southern part of Nigeria is corrupt, because they funded his campaign with corruption money, not only that he dinned and wined with them with the same corruption money
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
cleatoris:

My grouse with the north is, when it comes to education and some employment based on academic qualifications, they hinge on the principle of federal character to get their way. But when it comes to issues like this, they jettison it.
This is the height of hypocrisy and conspiracy.

Talking about bidding for contracts based on competence, the north is not as competitive as southerners. They will lose out completely.
Let's see how it plays out
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

You are missing the point, every elected president forms his government majorly with his inner caucus, this is what is obtainable worldwide, because he bears the brunt when his govt goes crashing same way he takes the glory of all goes well. Let the president work with those he trust to deliver his plans. he has just 4yrs.
I repeat it is a Buhari govt and not a power sharing government.
So you are telling me there are not enough southerners that are part of buhari's inner circle?
How then did he win the national elections?
You are right though. He has only four years and he better succeed with his northerners, or this country will never recover from the eventual backlash of his bigotry.
The southern power brokers are watching.

5 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Gizer: 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
The truth is weda people like it or not, if buhari contest 2019 he will win. Thats cos most of the Northern region will still vote for him.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by EyesulO(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

It might look like that but i don't really care. You cannot solve problems with the same mentality that created the problems and ethnicity is what led us down this road we are.

Right, but that is still not to say that there are no honourable and very capable southerners who can be trusted in the helm of affairs.
Are northerners truly that incorruptible? This your song will change down the line, i bet you, just wait and see.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Buhari! Buhari! Buhari! Too bad,he is revealing his mullah side- a typical mullah only know go.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by NetworkProblem: 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
This is not to cast any atom of doubt on Buhari's ability to lead and produce results after all, most of his opponents who were members of the electorate did not vote for him because they think he wont perform. Many of these people disliked him for the fact that they thought he was a tribalist and religious bigot. I personally paid no attention to what was flying around about Buhari pre-election, not necessarily because i thought what people were saying were lies but because those things could not be substantiated especially by me personally. So, i did what i have always done and that is to give people the benefit of the doubt. Personally, i felt Jonathan was a complete failure and thought we needed to try something different. Buhari may not have been my prefered choice out of the number of technocrats that i saw in APC but since he was presented, i kinda preferred him over Jonathan.

Now coming to the purpose of this thread. Doesn't it make some of us look stupid when it seems like Buhari is inching closer to the person they painted him to be. I mean, some Buhari supporters will make statements like "I don't care where the person Buhari appoints comes from as long as he is capable". Of course, statements such as these make people to sleep well at night and not look like complete idiots in the presence of people who would say "Didn't i warn you?". Anybody with an iota of common sense would see that this present dispensation has been riddled with an increase of Northern elements and it is glaring even to the blind. How do you explain the fact that after almost 20 appointments made so far. Only less than 5 are from the south. Not even a single person from the South-East has been appointed to any position. I know Igbos are the group of people we love to hate but this just isn't fair in my opinion. If you want to defend Buhari's pattern of appointments, i think your best bet would be to tell us how Southern Nigeria are so corrupt that it will be hard to find men of integrity or how the North boast of more educated individuals who are unrivaled.

In the spirit of giving Buhari, the benefit of the doubt, my 1 years grace period is still counting. After then, i'll have something to say about his government.
my guess is you are giving buhari 9 months to prove you wrong,, because the way i see it, u have proof..
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by ademoladeji(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
CSTR2:
So you are telling me there are not enough southerners that are part of buhari's inner circle?
How then did he win the national elections?
You are right though. He has only four years and he better succeed with his northerners, or this country will never recover from the eventual backlash of his bigotry.
The southern power brokers are watching.

Bro, let's allow buhari to finish up his appointment...

September is here alwedy for us to see if Federal Character would still be in play.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by dhappyking(m): 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
jmoore:
But why did he make that 5% statement?

I don't really care about ethnicity of those elected or appointed, but for him to say such on air means something.

I just wish the best for Nigeria.

Did he actually use those figures? That would add up to 102% just wondering how Presido arrived at the figures.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by basilo101: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
AZeD1:

Ok, but he shud remember to remove federal character in the admission process into universities and unity schools, dats actually the place where the intellectually superiority has been fully ascertained tru a test or exam. appointments has not applied any kind of testing to decide who is beta, so i dnt understand the argument of competence here. Let the scraping of federal character start from the grass root

5 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Muri1533: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Agbaletu:
Buhari is executing northern agenda, just wait until he appoints ministers. Are there no incorruptible southerners that can be trusted? One year is even too much for me to put his government on the scale, i am just waiting for the northern ministerial's list. The north is laughing at the south......
but as far the people Mr president appoint are capable to do the job let us allow them for God and put tribal sentiments apart
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Dhugal: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagelli:

I believe that is for ministers
Federal Character is for every public service post,including civil service.When are you going to stop playing ostrich?.
Or can it be said you truly don't know,you're that ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by CSTR2: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
The most ridiculous thing i have read on nairaland is when some people even southerners imply that the best candidates are from the north.
Taking the buhari sycophancy to its limits.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / VP Osibanjo Takes Over The Worship Session At RCCG, Ikoyi / 2023: Wike To Remain In PDP, Vows Not To Work For Atiku - Daily Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.