Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Were People Right About Buhari? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were People Right About Buhari? (42772 Views)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2015
nameo:

So where would the #70 differential between this #160 exchange rate and the real rate of about #230 come from, mbuk??

Abi did the Saudis say they will pay for it? undecided
Call it subsidy if you like, mbuk (whatever the word means, na you know).

And it's only on BTA for the pilgrims.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:09am On Aug 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Federal universities were not meant to be in every state of the federation. You mean Jonathan built the only federal road in Katsina? Has Daura community cried out over lack of water and basic amenities? Please don't reduce this thread to a campaign thread.

Do you think you can really provide any justification for Otuoke not having drinkable water and other basic amenities despite sixteen years of GEJ in governance?

Take a visit to the two towns and compare both...though I simply see you as one alien to truth and integrity...

No...federal universities are meant to only be in Ibadan...

Why not check the federal road there...

Reducing it to campaign thread?...Maybe you're schizophrenic too...check out who brought Jonathan into this thread before you go delusional...
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nameo: 9:10am On Aug 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Call it subsidy if you like, mbuk (whatever the word means, na you know).

And it's only on BTA for the pilgrims.

So who pays for that "subsidy"?? The same FG that you claimed has stopped sponsoring Hajj?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Lanadelrey: 9:12am On Aug 28, 2015
I am a buhari supporter and tbh i dont know anymore. It's just been 3 months so let's see. I just want a better nigeria and if his appointments will guarantee that then it's fine by me. Buhari, prove me right.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Yeyeosha: 9:13am On Aug 28, 2015
[Blubutoks i defintely agree that you talk throuh the aasss quote author=blueButtocks post=37401373]Eh, the kid with the crayons... No color can brighten your dullness, neither are big words a proof of intellect.
Why anyone would use such a horrible font beats me. [/quote] only moroon talk that way.
Brain gear shift to reverse shocked
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:15am On Aug 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

I would worry if projects seem to favour a region rather than appointments. You are appointed to work not chop

1)He already cancelled 2nd Niger bridge citing funny reasons...Why not him extend same to major dams being built and financed wholly by FG than one that's PPP started by Jonathan gulping so much money...

2)Every sincere folk ought to be concerned about a dictator who dropped the constitution he was supposed to protect ...and now having his own rules and standards...

3)Maybe you wait till he sanctions summary execution of opponents before you wake up...Can you remember how many unconstitutional moves buhari has made since May 29th

4)ALL political appointments no matter how insignificant has its attendant gains and multiplier effect plzzz...You will be lying by saying one is to work not chop...So let's be realistic and sincere here biko
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by tonychristopher: 9:16am On Aug 28, 2015
1. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria - north.
2.Senate President- north.
3. Speaker of the House of Representatives- north.
4. Chief Justice of the Federation- north.
5. President of the Court of Appeal- north.
6. Chief Justice of the Federal High Court- north.
7. Secretary to the Federal Government- north.
8. Chief of Staff to the President- north.
9. Chief of Army Staff- north.
10. Chief of Air Staff- north.
11. Comptroller General of Customs- north.
12. Director-General of State Security Services (SSS)- north.
13. National Security Advisor- north.
14. Director General NIMASA- north.
15. Chairperson of the Independant Electoral Commission(INEC)- north.
16. Comptroller-General Immigration- north.
17. Accountant-General of the Federation - north.
18. Commander of Civil Defence Corps- north.
19. Chief Security Officer to the President- north.
20. ADC to the President- north.
21. Principal Secretary to the President- north.
22. Senior Special Assistant to the President on media- north.
23. Chairman of the EFCC- north.24. Head of Service- north.
25. MD of Nigerian Ports Authority- north.
26.DG of Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC)- South East
27. EVC NCC - North

27. Chairman NDLEA- north.

NIGERIANS WANTED ''CHANGE'' AND NOW WE HAVE GOT IT. NO-ONE SHOULD COMPLAIN BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT OUR PEOPLE WANTED. THOSE OF US THAT WARNED THE COUNTRY THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN WERE INSULTED AND LAMPOONED. NOW WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR CHOICE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. WELCOME TO THE NEW NIGERIA. WELCOME TO ''CHANGE''.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Yeyeosha: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2015
azimibraun:
No matter how you see it, the North will have more appointees because of the number of states and it's population. Besides the large majority of those of you complaining do so in ignorance. Appointees from Niger, Benue, Kogi, Nasarawa, plateau are all being seen by those in the SS, SE(especially) and SW as the same as those from Kaduna, Zamfara, Sokoto, Borno, Kebbi, Adamawa, Bauchi and Kano. So is the case of Kwara been mistaken for a SW (pure yoruba state) the NNPC GMD was disowned by igbos becouse they think he is Delta igbo.. Does a Man in Kano know if there is somebody called an Anioma Man? Appointees will come enough for every region. Patience people Patience. You guys have always been wrong about Buhari, you will once again on his appointments.
odikwa simple.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Yeyeosha: 9:23am On Aug 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
1. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria - north.
2.Senate President- north.
3. Speaker of the House of Representatives- north.
4. Chief Justice of the Federation- north.
5. President of the Court of Appeal- north.
6. Chief Justice of the Federal High Court- north.
7. Secretary to the Federal Government- north.
8. Chief of Staff to the President- north.
9. Chief of Army Staff- north.
10. Chief of Air Staff- north.
11. Comptroller General of Customs- north.
12. Director-General of State Security Services (SSS)- north.
13. National Security Advisor- north.
14. Director General NIMASA- north.
15. Chairperson of the Independant Electoral Commission(INEC)- north.
16. Comptroller-General Immigration- north.
17. Accountant-General of the Federation - north.
18. Commander of Civil Defence Corps- north.
19. Chief Security Officer to the President- north.
20. ADC to the President- north.
21. Principal Secretary to the President- north.
22. Senior Special Assistant to the President on media- north.
23. Chairman of the EFCC- north.24. Head of Service- north.
25. MD of Nigerian Ports Authority- north.
26.DG of Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC)- South East
27. EVC NCC - North

27. Chairman NDLEA- north.

NIGERIANS WANTED ''CHANGE'' AND NOW WE HAVE GOT IT. NO-ONE SHOULD COMPLAIN BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT OUR PEOPLE WANTED. THOSE OF US THAT WARNED THE COUNTRY THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN WERE INSULTED AND LAMPOONED. NOW WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR CHOICE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. WELCOME TO THE NEW NIGERIA. WELCOME TO ''CHANGE''.
that north propaganda compiles of North central, East and west. Every one of them must have representatives nah.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Forwetinnah: 10:28am On Aug 28, 2015
francizy:

The number of idiƶts are increasing per minute. Right now they are 112 in number... grin

They're not that stu:pid..the problem is that they don't know how to accept their mistake, they'll hang on to anything that gives them hope. It is called the Ameachi Syndrome...they know they're screwed but just don't want to accept it..YET!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2015
nameo:

OMG!!! I have always thought that this girl was intelligent!!
Smdh
you can shake your diick head again grin
because am not a wailer like you.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by francizy(m): 10:39am On Aug 28, 2015
Forwetinnah:

They're not that stu:pid..the problem is that they don't know how to accept their mistake, they'll hang on to anything that gives them hope. It is called the Ameachi Syndrome...they know they're screwed but just don't want to accept it..YET!

This is a perfect description/explanations of Odegelli (and her actions) on the thread where Buhari said he won't treat 5% as well as he'd treat 97%. She initially groaned at the message, only to come back, after one mumu from her camp had given a useless explanation, to twist and nod at Buhari's statement, like she didn't have a mind of her own.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 28, 2015
herringbone:
you must be a blockhead to even think that a man without a power roadmap or any policy in place have changed the power situation in your area, and your lots will be quick to blame the past dispensation for ill equipping the army. Mad followers.
Sai Buhari tongue grin
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by kenny987(f): 11:11am On Aug 28, 2015
joseph1832:
Like you can actually taste/eat sh!t. Your analogy doesn't apply in this case.

And that is why it is called an analogy. You aren't supposed to take it literally. How come that's the only part of what I said u picked on? Acknowledge truth my dear, trying to pick faults where there's none won't help you.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by NwabuezeWini: 11:19am On Aug 28, 2015
AZeD1:

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.

I seriously pity u. Just be consoling urself.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by AZeD1(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2015
NwabuezeWini:

I seriously pity u. Just be consoling urself.
Don't pity me.

99 problems but where Buhari's appointees come from ain't one.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by joseph1832(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2015
kenny987:

And that is why it is called an analogy. You aren't supposed to take it literally. How come that's the only part of what I said u picked on? Acknowledge truth my dear, trying to pick faults where there's none won't help you.

I never took it literally, you did. Its not my fault if you can't understand sarcasm or detect it.

kenny987:

It is from what is that u can tell what isn't that may likely be and then make plans accordingly. U no go wait make rain meet u before u go arrange umbrella and raincoat na. A man who fails to plan, plans to fail. After all it is said that it is from the smell of the fart that u will determine the nature/taste of the shiit.
The embolden already answered your question dear.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by NwabuezeWini: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2015
PassingShot:
@OP, a mistake in your thread: PMB may not have appointed someone from the SE but Dr. Ibe Kachukwu, the GMD of NNPC is Igbo.

I am extremely disappointed and at the same time appreciates the character of the president. The personality that he sticks to his gun as far as he believes in what he's doing. Though this type of attribute, as it's strength, can also become weakness.

Having said that, these latest appointments cannot be justified on the ground of absence of competent and upright characters in the SS/SE/SW.

Mumu Ibe kachukwu is not from d east. He is from South South. Delta state to be precise
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by NwabuezeWini: 11:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Please where is Lai Muhammed. I think am beginning to miss him oh grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by blueButtocks: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
islandprincess:
keep consoling urself
Keep wailing.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by blueButtocks: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
chuna1985:

Ur post is rigged with stupidity...
Just like your mom.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
Dhugal:

The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria cares.That is why it made specific provisions against such boneheaded moves.Last I checked,the president swore an oath to protect and give effect to provisions of that same Constitution.
When are you guys going to get your heads out of the sand?

Immediately you get yours out of your arsse
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
atlwireles:
As long as people don't feel marginalised like they felt under GEJ, I'm happy. grin grin grin grin grin

Yoruba ppl are imbecilic slaves to Hausas, They will nerver ever fell marginalized, trust me

2 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by atlwireles: 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Yoruba ppl are imbecilic slaves to Hausas, They will nerver ever fell marginalized, trust me

Oya make we shout one Nigeria. My mama say shame don kill dem die. Most of them are just shell shocked. grin grin grin grin

Make I remember my oga at top again with this photo

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by free13: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
4Play:

I often find this sentiment profoundly silly not because I have much regard for PDP but because of what it reveals about Nigerians' lack of perspective. PDP came into power in 1999, the Nigeria of pre-1999 was an odious calamity. You often find people who either don't remember the Nigeria of those days or were kids/young at the time and had no real knowledge of the actual state of affairs then, basing their analysis on the notion that PDP is the root cause of our problem. They do so because PDP is all they have known in their adult life.

Nigeria was messed up before PDP was formed, therefore, what is wrong with Nigeria transcends PDP. This is a 55 year old country which has been dysfunctional from the beginning. You can keep deluding yourself that regurgitating political characters from the past, so long as they are not PDP, is the path to a new beginning but that is the height of self-deception. I predict that we will be dissapointed just as we have been for 55 years. In 8 years time, people who are infants or teens today will proclaim that our problem is mainly attributable to APC. We will never learn.

On point.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2015
hinwazaka:

You are either ignorant or irrational. The Federal character principle is not left only to the appointment of ministers. it denotes a geographical spread of appointments in all spheres of government. And besides he should begin with the fair delegation of duties to all regions of the federation now, not later
You are living proof that God has a sense of humour..
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 10:06am On Aug 31, 2015
fallout87:

You are an ediot.

- Dasuki was the NSA. Is he from the south?
- Umar & Badeh were Chief of Air Staff. They are from the south?
- Ibrahim & Badeh were Chief of Defence. They are from the south?
- Jabrin & Ibrahim were Chief of Naval. They are from the south?
-Rigim, Abubakar & Suleimam were made IG of police. Were they from the south?
- FCT Minister Bala is from the south?
- EFCC Chairman Lamorde is he from the south?
- INEC boss Jega is from the south?
- Was the Attorney General from the south?
- What about the Minister of planning?
- What about the Minister of power?

You guys are EDIOTS. They lie to you fools and you come and repeat the lies like it is fact.

The North has and will always enjoy sensitive positions. Their problem was they wanted TWO positions: Presidency and Petroleum. Since they didn't have either they decided to cause anarchy and sabotage.

It is a shame the SE and SW are brothers who are too stupid, too ignorant and too hate filled for one another that they let these Northerns continue to rot the entire country.

There is ONE thing that had been consistent throughout Nigeria's history. That is Northerns come first, rule first and everybody else last. They ruled through proxy with OBJ. He immediately installed Yar Adua. When he installed GEJ and GEJ wouldn't be a puppet for the North they destroyed GEJ and have now installed their own back to power so is giving then everything they want again.

Yet you fools are still arguing amongst yourselves thinking Yoruba is the enrmy or Ibo.

Shine your eyes! The enemy had never been either of you this entire time! They continue to benefit from the divide!
You inspired the slogan,"A mind is a terrible thing to waste"..You spoke your mind and ended being "speechless"..How can you be dis dumb?You obviously are a person of rare intelligence..its rare when you show any..I am busy now..can I ignore you some other time?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by hinwazaka: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2015
nobeku:
You are living proof that God has a sense of humour..
Please elucidate on your comment
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by godoluwa(m): 8:07pm On May 30, 2016
OAM4J:

Many here know that I have been a strong supporter of Buhari since 2011, and I still believe he is by far better than Jonathan. But truth be told, his appointments get k-leg and the OP has a point.

We can not pretend that balancing appointments in a country that is highly volatile on ethnic sentiments like Nigeria is nothing. We are not USA or UK. Except GMB thinks no competent people can be found from other region which you and I know cannot be true.

I know competence should come before ethnicity but we can get competent people everywhere if we search diligently, so what stops GMB from getting only competent people while at the same time balancing his appointment.

I still keep faith with him, but truth be told he is playing the script of those who labelled him an ethnic bigot and I wish he chooses to be wiser and more sensitive. We know what followed the man that said he doesn't give a damm... I hope GMB gives a damm about these things..

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest / Tinubu Rejects Margaret Okadigbo As Part Of His Campaign Council / See The New Look Of Enugu-onitsha Road Being Constructed By Buhari(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.