Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (787388 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HOTWATER(m): 12:42am On Sep 05, 2015
Guys , I have a CCNP and have practiced for seven years. Anyone with an idea of the state in the US where I can easily get a very lucrative Job? Am currently in Alabama and most employers seen to need secret clearance here .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Theflint1(m): 12:42am On Sep 05, 2015
Bosses i greet una. Please those that have been privileged enough to get a Research Assistantship (R.A.) should help me on tips on how to secure one and also I would need help on some schools where I can EASILY secure one...not Havard ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by belloluddy: 12:50am On Sep 05, 2015
Please is it possible for someone to get a tuition of around 5000 USD per semester for a masters programme in the USA
Someone that has 2 million naira, can such person apply for a masters with the said money as money at hand to pay tuition ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 1:29am On Sep 05, 2015
HOTWATER:
Guys , I have a CCNP and have practiced for seven years. Anyone with an idea of the state in the US where I can easily get a very lucrative Job? Am currently in Alabama and most employers seen to need secret clearance here .

What exactly do you mean by secret clearance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 1:29am On Sep 05, 2015
Theflint1:
Bosses i greet una. Please those that have been privileged enough to get a Research Assistantship (R.A.) should help me on tips on how to secure one and also I would need help on some schools where I can EASILY secure one...not Havard ooo grin grin grin grin

What field?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 4:56am On Sep 05, 2015
adewumiinioluwa:
good evening people I've been in the quandary of the course to pick as my first degree undergraduate course, as I cannot be admitted directly for law in the USA.......I'm wondering if you guyz might wanna help me out in evaluating which course is best as a first degree between Philosophy Psychology Political Science or Computer......thanks, I'll be so happy if u guys can help me out, really confused and stressed out embarassed

How about criminal justice or political science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by teelekan: 7:05am On Sep 05, 2015
profojah:

Review in progress?.That's very good. That means they've also received your transcript from your school. If not, its suppose to show something like "Awaiting documents from university".. Its under review, a verification will soon be sent to your school after 7days of review..

No bro, That's the problem. I'm very sure my school, OOU, has not sent the transcript because I was asked to come collect it next week and send myself. That's why I'm a little confused with the "documentS".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2015
teelekan:

No bro, That's the problem. I'm very sure my school, OOU, has not sent the transcript because I was asked to come collect it next week and send myself. That's why I'm a little confused with the "documentS".
You can check your profile >>> click on document on WES portal and check every documents of yours received by WES.. Its always annoying during evaluation cos it takes longer time for ones evaluation to be completed. I'll only crave your indulgence to have somebody at your school record office and always be on his/her neck so as to give you every update about your transcript issuance and during the verification period.

Go to the school nextweek and confirm if they've sent it or NOT OR you get your stuff and send it yourself using the school address. Djmakson can help you out on this, since he's also going there with axe and cutlass nextweek grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Theflint1(m): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2015
bbdd:

What field?
Public Health
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2015
Theflint1:
Public Health
Ohh Theflint1. Now I see you here. grin.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HOTWATER(m): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2015
bbdd:

What exactly do you mean by secret clearance?

Bros, e go better if you just take small time ,Google DOD secret clearance. I don't want to type some things here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
belloluddy:
Please is it possible for someone to get a tuition of around 5000 USD per semester for a masters programme in the USA
Someone that has 2 million naira, can such person apply for a masters with the said money as money at hand to pay tuition ?
google is your friend, you can still look through MINOT STATE UNIVERSITY. i think the graduate fees is around 7k

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
Theflint1:
Public Health

It's actually not easy getting finding for public health especially first year.
This is because mph courses are now being treated as professional courses by many schools. And we know professional courses are cash cows.

However, you can find many schools through SOPHAS that offer tuition rebates. But FULL funding in the true sense of the word is rare for mph.

If you need several other pointers, I'll be happy to help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
HOTWATER:

If you really do have the skills, you should consider applying to companies in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
The other thing is packaging yourself- your RESUME has to really showcase your skills and achievements. Some companies with the 'secret clearance' headline usually have positions not requiring that if they see you are qualified for the job.
My advice..work on your resume and even apply to those companies requiring clearance with your cover letter. Use LinkedIn also to connect with recruiters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Abuchi249(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hello house, this is my first time commenting on Nairaland and thank you guys for the wonderful work you all have been doing. Please, does anybody know schools that gives admission and Full tuition waiver with G.A stipend well for courses like Public health, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Enviromental health. I had 315 in my G.R.E exam. Thanks house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
Walspring:

November

I thought there is one in October.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
biikeys:

If you really do have the skills, you should consider applying to companies in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
The other thing is packaging yourself- your RESUME has to really showcase your skills and achievements. Some companies with the 'secret clearance' headline usually have positions not requiring that if they see you are qualified for the job.
My advice..work on your resume and even apply to those companies requiring clearance with your cover letter. Use LinkedIn also to connect with recruiters.

This is from an experienced personnel in the field. Oga, I hail ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Abuchi249(m): 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
Abuchi249:
Hello house, this is my first time commenting on Nairaland and thank you guys for the wonderful work you all have been doing. Please, does anybody know schools that gives admission and Full tuition waiver with G.A stipend well for courses like Public health, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Enviromental health. I had 315 in my G.R.E exam. Thanks house
. Hello, please, someone should answer me na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Theflint1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
bbdd:

It's actually not easy getting finding for public health especially first year.
This is because mph courses are now being treated as professional courses by many schools. And we know professional courses are cash cows.

However, you can find many schools through SOPHAS that offer tuition rebates. But FULL funding in the true sense of the word is rare for mph.

If you need several other pointers, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks bro. Maybe i might consider Epidemiology then. Would be sure to shoot you a question when I have made more research.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
@aos pls booking a plane ahead of january will it make cheap nd if so ow do I get a plane from lagos to minnesota
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
finestcash:
@aos pls booking a plane ahead of january will it make cheap nd if so ow do I get a plane from lagos to minnesota

Yes it will be cheap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
GboyegaD:

I thought there is one in October.

Yes boss but the registration already closed here in Nigeria due to deadline but in USA it's still on if I am not wrong and the exam is just 4 weeks while the examination ticket usually comes out 3 weeks to the examination so it's not possible to register for October edition in Nigeria now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Abuchi249(m): 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hello house, My situation is a bit conplicated. I am already in the U.S. I applied to a school and got a half tuition waiver and I came over thinking I would easily convert it to a full tuition waiver once I get here (On a bad advice from someone in a U.S school), now on getting here, I am told by the school that it is not possible and also I am told that I have to pay $7k as the remaining balance of my school fees for the semester which I do not have. Please and please guys, I want to defer my admission here for one semester or one year and apply to another school that would give me full funding and then transfer my records from this school to the other school. Right now, I have some schools and courses in my mind that can give me such but I do not know how to go about the whole process. Any advice I can get now would be invaluable, Please save a brother from a huge problem please. Thank you all. Please, I really need an advice guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
@ aos Which site or airline can take me from lagos to minessota
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
Abuchi249:
Hello house, My situation is a bit conplicated. I am already in the U.S. I applied to a school and got a half tuition waiver and I came over thinking I would easily convert it to a full tuition waiver once I get here (On a bad advice from someone in a U.S school), now on getting here, I am told by the school that it is not possible and also I am told that I have to pay $7k as the remaining balance of my school fees for the semester which I do not have. Please and please guys, I want to defer my admission here for one semester or one year and apply to another school that would give me full funding and then transfer my records from this school to the other school. Right now, I have some schools and courses in my mind that can give me such but I do not know how to go about the whole process. Any advice I can get now would be invaluable, Please save a brother from a huge problem please. Please, I really need an advice guys

If you defer you must leave USA and come back to Nigeria if you don't then you will be out of status and it won't be easy to reinstate you back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Abuchi249(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Walspring:

If you defer you must leave USA and come back to Nigeria if you don't then you will be out of status and it won't be easy to reinstate you back
. Walspring, can we speak on phone please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Abuchi249(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Walspring:

. Walspring, please can we speak on phone ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Abuchi249:
. Walspring, can we speak on phone please?
where is the huge amt u showed VO? who u know go know...

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Abuchi249(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
kosplateau:

. I didn't ask this question to be judged. If you cannot help me just ignore me

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
kosplateau:

Obviously you asked this to mark register. It's not needed at all. We all know what happens. It's not new here so don't judge him.

@Abuchi249 as it is, U av to try settle that bill while you apply to the other schools you feel can meet your need and then get a transfer later. Deferment is risky bro.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
Walspring:

Yes boss but the registration already closed here in Nigeria due to deadline but in USA it's still on if I am not wrong and the exam is just 4 weeks while the examination ticket usually comes out 3 weeks to the examination so it's not possible to register for October edition in Nigeria now

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
Abuchi249:
Hello house, My situation is a bit conplicated. I am already in the U.S. I applied to a school and got a half tuition waiver and I came over thinking I would easily convert it to a full tuition waiver once I get here (On a bad advice from someone in a U.S school), now on getting here, I am told by the school that it is not possible and also I am told that I have to pay $7k as the remaining balance of my school fees for the semester which I do not have. Please and please guys, I want to defer my admission here for one semester or one year and apply to another school that would give me full funding and then transfer my records from this school to the other school. Right now, I have some schools and courses in my mind that can give me such but I do not know how to go about the whole process. Any advice I can get now would be invaluable, Please save a brother from a huge problem please. Thank you all. Please, I really need an advice guys

Go talk to an adviser at your International Students' Office. Your best bet will likely be pay the balance or return home to restrategize. In all you do, ensure you don't fall our of status.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.