Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784837 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oganlalasokun: 7:06am On Feb 03, 2016
Please I have this to clarify
I have been formerly married but divorced since last year but I have a child wit my ex wife
I have got my US visit visa since 2015 January and only visited the US just once where I spent just 7 days.
Recently I hearld that my ex-wife travelled to the US with my daughter who is just 5 years old, both of them went on a visiting visas which I am aware they got around last year September, I got mine in January.
Now, I plan visiting the US for vacation next week, and plans to spend just 3 weeks with my friend
Now, can I be asked questions about my ex-wife's who is currently in the US ? Reason I'm asking is that we r divorced and I don't even know her whereabout now, all I know is that she's still in the US since December when she went. I only follow her on the Facebook.
1) Can I be questioned about her, even though we r divorced
2) I don't have any evidence of us being divorced, must I get to the POE with evidence of the divorced ?
Thank you house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by justwise(m): 7:46am On Feb 03, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by vivyval(f): 8:19am On Feb 03, 2016
The Lord is good, great things He has done! Visa approved at the Lagos embassy, transcript loading!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 8:39am On Feb 03, 2016
vivyval:
The Lord is good, great things He has done! Visa approved at the Lagos embassy, transcript loading!
Wow! I'm so happy for you smiley
Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 03, 2016
vivyval:
Yeah! And that's fantastic. I'm so glad for you and also for the fact that you're a good listener.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 03, 2016
oganlalasokun:

Please I have this to clarify
I have been formerly married but divorced since last year but I have a child wit my ex wife
I have got my US visit visa since 2015 January and only visited the US just once where I spent just 7 days.
Recently I hearld that my ex-wife travelled to the US with my daughter who is just 5 years old, both of them went on a visiting visas which I am aware they got around last year September, I got mine in January.
Now, I plan visiting the US for vacation next week, and plans to spend just 3 weeks with my friend
Now, can I be asked questions about my ex-wife's who is currently in the US ? Reason I'm asking is that we r divorced and I don't even know her whereabout now, all I know is that she's still in the US since December when she went. I only follow her on the Facebook.
1) Can I be questioned about her, even though we r divorced
2) I don't have any evidence of us being divorced, must I get to the POE with evidence of the divorced ?
Thank you house
Yes. You also need a document to show you guys are divorced. A certificate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:16am On Feb 03, 2016
vivyval:
Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by vivyval(f): 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
Indeed the earth and everything thereof belongs to Almighty God.
I joined this thread last year with no prior knowledge, today, see where the Lord has brought me. Indeed those that seek him never lack any good thing, and his time is never late!
Ok, yesterday, I realized the mistake I made in my ds160 form, I was momentarily deranged.. I was so afraid.. then I changed my prayers to "God by the blood of Jesus, I cover every error in my application form".
Fast forward to this moring 3am, I was just singing all the worship songs I know..I got to the embassy by 6:30am for 6:30am interview.I said at the gate, I must not leave here without the white paper.
The hustlers at the embassy no gree I just bone dem pass. cheesy
After all the long security checks, we entered the decision hall. The lady at window was busy denying students..I didn't allow the number of blue papers issued to deter me. I said another prayer, ' Holy ghost blow me to the person that will approve my visa."
Immediately I was asked to go to Window 8; I quickly remembered a guy's testimony about window 8...there and then, I knew God has done it..
VO: goodmoring miss, have a seat,why are you going to America.
Me: to pursue a master degree in computer information systems.
VO: why this school?
Me: aside from its affordability, the school has a well structured curriculum that is practical oriented which aligns to my career goal. Also I got interested in an ongoing research by prof willams wimberly(at this stage, he stopped looking at me and started typing).
I paused, and continued..I sent him a mail telling him am interested in the research.
VO: which other schools did u apply to?
Me: uniofmaryland, northcarolinauniversity, unioftexasataustin and calums.
VO: what's your GRE score?
Me: it was waived due to my work experience.
The man provoke, that's not true,Uof Maryland required gre,(at this stage, he was seriously looking at me) I quickly said, yes that was why they refused to admit me.
VO: when did you finish bsc
Me: 2010
VO: what have you been doing?
ME: working at .... As d IT Manager
VO: are you married
Me: No, but am engaged
VO: any children
Me: No
VO: have you travelled before?
ME: haven't had the need to until now.
VO: who is supporting you with this?
Me: my Uncle
VO: what's his name?
Me: xxxxxx
VO: what does he do?
ME: he owns a security company, imports cctv cameras and installs for banks in Nigeria.
VO: looked at me for 30secs, starts typing..... Den the golden words....your is approved.
I am grateful to God the owner of the whole universe.
To my father in the faith, bsp oyedepo...
To DeeTus, guy ,God must change your story this year, this guy painstakingly drilled me set for interview. He kept on calling!
To all the nairalanders , big francis(crushoflife); slimmy2005, justwise,purplesummer, mrmann1.my nigga warriboy21,and a host of others...thank you from my heart cool grin

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
vivyval:
I joined this thread last year with no prior knowledge, today, see where the Lord has brought me. Indeed those that seek him never lack any good thing, and his time is never late!
Ok, yesterday, I realized the mistake I made in my ds160 form, I was momentarily deranged.. I was so afraid.. then I changed my prayers to "God by the blood of Jesus, I cover every error in my application form".
Fast forward to this moring 3am, I was just singing all the worship songs I know..I got to the embassy by 6:30am for 6:30am interview.I said at the gate, I must not leave here without the white paper.
After all the long security checks, we entered the decision hall. The lady at window was busy denying students..I didn't allow the number of blue papers issued to deter me. I said another prayer, ' Holy ghost blow me to the person that will approve my visa."
Immediately I was asked to go to Window 8; I quickly remembered a guy's testimony about window 8...there and then, I knew God has done it..
Me: aside from its affordability, the school has a well structured curriculum that is practical oriented which aligns to my career goal. Also I got interested in an ongoing research by prof willams wimberly(at this stage, he stopped looking at me and started typing).
I paused, and continued..I sent him a mail telling him am interested in the research.
The man provoke, that's not true,Uof Maryland required gre,(at this stage, he was seriously looking at me) I quickly said, yes that was why they refused to admit me.
ME: he owns a security company, imports cctv cameras and installs for banks in Nigeria.
VO: looked at me for 30secs, starts typing..... Den the golden words....your is approved.
To DeeTus, guy ,God must change your story this year, this guy painstakingly drilled me set for interview. He kept on calling!
To all the nairalanders , big francis(crushoflife); slimmy2005, justwise,purplesummer, mrmann1.my nigga warriboy21,and a host of others...thank you from my heart cool grin

Congrats lady! grin

You're damn a good listener and intelligent. I knew you gonna make it even when i picked your call yesterday.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Congrats vivyval

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phatrat: 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hey guys please I would like to know if the VO would ask one about travel history during interview for studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
Who's studying in U of C here? University of Chicago?.
I would be travelling for school next week Saturday. If there's anybody(Nigerian preferably) here in that school, kindly send me a message. I'd like you to help me in orientation & habituation. Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
darkenedrebel:
I would be travelling for school next week Saturday. If there's anybody(Nigerian preferably) here in that school, kindly send me a message. I'd like you to help me in orientation & habituation. Thanks in advance.
Send a pm to innovativeame or ctemi, they can help you with the contact of guys in Chicago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by penroll55(m): 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
phatrat:
Hey guys please I would like to know if the VO would ask one about travel history during interview for studies
If you take your time to read other people visa transcript then u will get a perfect answer to your question.
One person can tell u no they don't or they do but it's not enough when u get lots of answers from people's transcript here. That's is the essence of posting transcript here not to extend the number of pages
Good luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
vivyval:

Girl, if this is all ur transcript, then you're highly favoured by God. Maybe he made those 'mistakes' in ur DS160 count in ur favour cos the odds were against u:

1. Single female
2. No standardised test
3. Sponsorship by uncle
4. No travel history
5. 6 years post graduation

Congratulations!!!!!! Ur God is truly alive. Make the best of ur stay in the land of Freedom.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
profojah2:

Send a pm to innovativeame or ctemi, they can help you with the contact of guys in Chicago

I hope they are acquainted with guys studying in the school, and not just Chicago.
Thanks brov.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
vivyval:

My real babe congrats. smiley.. Oya Com fast fast Com join d cold angry... N fly Emirates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
nedum360:

Girl, if this is all ur transcript, then you're highly favoured by God. Maybe he made those 'mistakes' in ur DS160 count in ur favour cos the odds were against u:

1. Single female
2. No standardised test
3. Sponsorship by uncle
4. No travel history

Congratulations!!!!!! Ur God is truly alive. Make the best of ur stay in the land of Freedom.
No. Travel history is not important for F1. Infact, it's a lot better to have a virgin passport. She took a standardised test but not GRE and was able to divert VO's attention. And finally, demonstrated quite a number of home ties.

God is so great indeed!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Congrats babes,God is good.
vivyval:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hey guys,I need ur help asap. Can anyone help me out with a school that runs masters in environmental science? Its so urgent. I need to replace one immediately. Haven't been able to access the internet. Waiting guys. Its urgent guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
exxy:

How far now Walspring

Awon eleyi! Se k'o wa'le?! Oga mi, sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Walspring:

I guess you are talking about renewing your visa via Dropbox because you can't renew passport via Dropbox..

It should be normal 2 to 3 days to approved and pick your visa via Dropbox

Baba Walspring! Happy New Year! I do not wanna hear anything less than you are in the US now, it's so long overdue bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Only if u wan crash for Madison. 2-3 hrs from Chicago. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
godG:

Only if u wan crash for Madison. 2-3 hrs from Chicago. cheesy

Nah. I don't need a place to stay. I'm residing in the school's hostel - for now @ least, until I rent an apartment.
I just need someone to show me around during weekend - some sort of detour round the city.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by vivyval(f): 4:02am On Feb 04, 2016
My guy, which cold? am going to CA, heard it's usually not too cold. Thanks... Will sure fly Emirates.
warriboy21:

My real babe congrats. smiley.. Oya Com fast fast Com join d cold angry... N fly Emirates

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by vivyval(f): 4:05am On Feb 04, 2016
Thanks nedum, indeed God is faithful. I took ielts.but that guy at window 8(Lagos) was really nice...Anyways na Holy Ghost arrest cheesy
nedum360:

1. Single female
2. No standardised test
3. Sponsorship by uncle
4. No travel history

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by exxy(m): 4:34am On Feb 04, 2016
Amefrica:

Awon eleyi! Se k'o wa'le?! Oga mi, sir!
baba, i hail sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 04, 2016
exxy:

baba, i hail sir

How have you been cuz?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by exxy(m): 4:36am On Feb 04, 2016
Amefrica:

How have you been cuz?
i just dey oo, assignment wan commot my neck

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.