Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782721 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
sylve11:

@ Oga Stevecrun, can i please have your contact? There is something personal i need discuss with you, please. cool
send me a mail to Stevecrun@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by yorex2011: 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
Shehas:

How can I make use of this GPA conversion method? I need to convert GPA of 4.50/5.00
Thanks
I converted my individual gradrs from 100 to final year..changed A to 4.0,B to 3.5, C to 3.0, D to 2.5, E to 3.0 and recalculated maintaining my school's weighting system per year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
SophiaLisa:

Guys- Centric, Jah101, Imperiouxxx and any other NewYorker, we need to meet and discuss on this accommodation thing. Combined, I'm sure we can get a good apartment in a good part of the city. What do y'all think.? I am currently in Staten Island and this place is a Lone area biko.

Please PM if interested.

Oh sorry about your experience. I don't know your definition for a good city. To me, Manhattan, Brooklyn or 2/3 of the Bronx doesn't fit in a good city for living. I came from the southern US and can't withstand the filth and filthy look of Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx. 1/3 of Queens is good but the majority of Queens is far from the city (NYC). I live in south Staten Island that look more like the south U.S. 1/3 of Staten Island is bad too but the south where I'm has clean roads and safe neighborhoods, being the fact that it's white dominated part.

So where are you in Staten Island?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
imperiouxx:

Yea, it was a snow storm and another one is forecasted for next Tuesday.

Damn! We are currently having one right now as I type. So far in this winter we've had at least 6 snowstorms! And school is even closed today, which is a good thing. Cause I'm not trynna drive in a storm grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
stevecrun:
send me a mail to Stevecrun@yahoo.com

Yo, whaddup boss?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amefrica:

Damn! We are currently having one right now as I type. So far in this winter we've had at least 6 snowstorms! And school is even closed today, which is a good thing. Cause I'm not trynna drive in a storm grin

Snowing too right now but not the stormy type.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amefrica:

Yo, whaddup boss?
am okay bro..How Canada??I saw your profile picture the other day..you don turn full Yankee guy oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
yorex2011:

I converted my individual gradrs from 100 to final year..changed A to 4.0,B to 3.5, C to 3.0, D to 2.5, E to 3.0 and recalculated maintaining my school's weighting system per year

To be more accurate in your conversion, use the + and - system as it's used by WES by getting the transcript raw data

But wes seems not to get it when the grades fall between C's and E's and that gives the advantage in their computation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
imperiouxx:

Oh sorry about your experience. I don't know your definition for a good city. To me, Manhattan, Brooklyn or 2/3 of the Bronx doesn't fit in a good city for living. I came from the southern US and can't withstand the filth and filthy look of Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx. 1/3 of Queens is good but the majority of Queens is far from the city (NYC). I live in south Staten Island that look more like the south U.S. 1/3 of Staten Island is bad too but the south where I'm has clean roads and safe neighborhoods, being the fact that it's white dominated part.

So where are you in Staten Island?

I'm happy I'm not the only one that dislikes NYC. I mean, I can go there for sightseeing and fun, but I would't like to live there. Imperiouxx sir, how are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
Guys i had GRE today at French connection because of free snacks oohh. grin grin but the place tight sha quiet and serene plus inspiration from LEKKI.. I prefer them to JKK any time.

Score 155v 157Q my Quant's are embarrassing but naso e be sha GOD, speed,composure plus practice is crucial..

GRE is not BEANS... cool

Thanks BigFrank.. You understand....
Phase two activated

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
stevecrun:
am okay bro..How Canada??I saw your profile picture the other day..you don turn full Yankee guy oo

Haha baba Steven! Canada is cool and beautiful oo, and white as usual. grin Wetin man go do now? When you're in Rome you behave like a Roman! grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
imperiouxx:

Snowing too right now but not the stormy type.

Haha good for you guys. It's nice to know you're still around helping people! God will always reward you as usual. Safe boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ayosco2008(m): 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
electronic:
Guys i had GRE today at French connection because of free snacks oohh. grin grin but the place tight sha quiet and serene plus inspiration from LEKKI.. I prefer them to JKK any time.

Score 155v 157Q my Quant's are embarrassing but naso e be sha GOD, speed,composure plus practice is crucial..

GRE is not BEANS... cool

Thanks BigFrank.. You understand....
Phase two activated

Bro. How many section of quant do u have? I mean which section was 3 verbal or quant?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
ayosco2008:

Bro. How many section of quant do u have? I mean which section was 3 verbal or quant?

VQVQV
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amefrica:

Haha baba Steven! Canada is cool and beautiful oo, and white as usual. grin Wetin man go do now? When you're in Rome you behave like a Roman! grin grin
abi..may God bless us

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pappyyanky: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
imperiouxx:

Ta! I no be small boy for here. angry If you keep hiding facts, how would you be on the right path as you mentioned? Let me break your heart a little, if they discovered he's your father and had already overstayed and you're going to the same state as him, bearing his last name, having the same Nigerian address, shared many things in common with him (such as he had mentioned you when he was applying for his visa), you'll jeopardize your chance of getting the visa even if your mother is your sponsor.
I wonder how people jump into conclusion,Because I asked a question does that mean the question refers to me .just trying to b of help to a friend here .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Shehas(m): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
yorex2011:

Thanks for this info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Shehas(m): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
imperiouxx:

To be more accurate in your conversion, use the + and - system as it's used by WES by getting the transcript raw data

But wes seems not to get it when the grades fall between C's and E's and that gives the advantage in their computation.
Pls, can you shed more light on this. + and - system. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
pappyyanky:
I wonder how people jump into conclusion,Because I asked a question does that mean the question refers to me .[s]just trying to b of help to a friend here[/s] .

I'm saying it again, stop saying this. I've seen many similar cases like yours here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
stevecrun:
abi..may God bless us

Amin Jesu! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
pappyyanky:
Thanks for the information , then i will write the Tofel exam , but do u think is necessary I write SAT... But wat if I take up the conditional Admission is that gonna be a problem at the embassy.

Conditional admission is not a good thing at all just go and write the required exam and get unconditional admission which will boost your chances during visa interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
exxy:

u wan wash me abi, u na my oga now, nor change am oo!, u too much bro.

You dey whine me Abi

You try no be small.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pappyyanky: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
imperiouxx:

I'm saying it again, stop saying this. I've seen many similar cases like yours here.
okay sir anything u say, so what do u think the solution can be.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
pappyyanky:
Thanks for the information , then i will write the Tofel exam , but do u think is necessary I write SAT... But wat if I take up the conditional Admission is that gonna be a problem at the embassy.
Get unconditional admission so as to aviod drawbacks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 4:24am On Feb 06, 2016
yorex2011:

Power and energy systems thanks

Add Missouri University of S&T to your list..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 6:37am On Feb 06, 2016
Hey guys, I want to ask a question concerning buying auction cars online especially on crankyape.com, if its worth it. Has anyone here ever purchase a car on auction from them? Plz share your experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by yorex2011: 7:37am On Feb 06, 2016
biikeys:

Aii tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 8:40am On Feb 06, 2016
Am at d GRE center at aba.. Omor na God oooo. If una sabi cabash,make una cabash for me oooo. Just 8 candidates here in total. Omor one niggar came with a photocopy of his data page of his international passport and was rejected. Omor some guys dey jonse ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by yorex2011: 8:55am On Feb 06, 2016
biikeys:

So far i have
Georgia tech,
University of texas at austin,
University of Illinois
University of Minnesota
Arizona state University...
Planning for spring 2017..fall 2017 too far tho I've read that spring admissions are at a slight disadvantage over their fall counterparts

Proposed MS in electrical engineering - Electrical engineering and power systems
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by yorex2011: 8:56am On Feb 06, 2016
fizzile:

Am at d GRE center at aba.. Omor na God oooo. If
una sabi cabash,make una cabash for me oooo. Just
8 candidates here in total. Omor one niggar came
with a photocopy of his data page of his
international passport and was rejected. Omor
some guys dey jonse ooo.

Baba wish you all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by masquellett(m): 9:22am On Feb 06, 2016
Hello House! I greet you all. Please. Who has any info about the University of Akron? I mean their graduate assistantship program and coordinator. Will b so grateful for any useful information. Thanx

Cc: bigfrancis21 Amefrica sirdiddy djmann et all. Make una biko oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by essayHelp(m): 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
yorex2011:

So far i have
Georgia tech,
University of texas at austin,
University of Illinois
University of Minnesota
Arizona state University...
Planning for spring 2017..fall 2017 too far tho I've read that spring admissions are at a slight disadvantage over their fall counterparts

Proposed MS in electrical engineering - Electrical engineering and power systems

What is your priority? Funding or admission?

Assuming you prioritize funding and are applying for MS:

Georgia Tech will likely not give you funding except you have real and meaningful research experience with at least a paper (IEEE transactions and the likes).

Austin will be ambitious for your profile. As a rule of thumb, to get funding, your application must be very competitive compared to other admitted students.

MS funding for ASU is not likely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.