Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,743 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1042438 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 07, 2016
yungreezy:
Whats your intended course of study?

Biochemistry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Plsss anyone with a sample of the sop form plsss send to my mail notasowie_30s@yahoo.com.or here plss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Actually u don't need to pay with dollar ur naira master card will b converted directly or u go into the bank with ur LOC and ask for form A.
notasowie:
please keep me posted and also ask them how I can pay my fees cus this issue of waiting for dollar from CBN is disturbing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
Sure we can meet there u can send me a mail so I can call u when am there...send ur # to bodyen@yahoo.com
Mirror97:
Hello I'm going there too can we meet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
olaniyisal:
I am in the shoe now you have been before. I don't have anyone to willing to act as a sponsor . please can you tell how it get to work for you. How do you about it and the list of documents you submitted.
Pls go throughthe thread very well I have answered this question before.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
olah23:
Actually u don't need to pay with dollar ur naira master card will b converted directly or u go into the bank with ur LOC and ask for form A.
bros have gone to the bank ,they ask me to wait that there's no dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
dsquare4u:
Can you please drop ur numba or email atleast? I v pressing issues on this.
Pls ask whatever question you have here, a lot of gurus are here to tackle that for you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
justicia:
hi everyone. good to see new monikers everywhr. been a while I came to the forum. I guess it's true that the pressure of study and work in Canada can be overwhelming. but it's worth it though. Canada is a good country, it has its own issues, but it is a good country overall. I pray that God will answer all TRV awaitees. keep the struggle alive. package ur app properly. And pray well. then make sure you pay your fees b4 u come here. or at least pay 70 or 80 percent. Regards to hayqinsfx and graviton2. Na them oldies wey I remember be that. Safe!

Regards, bro. Glad you are all settled in.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
Please also send to yungrey50@gmail.com
notasowie:
Plsss anyone with a sample of the sop form plsss send to my mail notasowie_30s@yahoo.com.or here plss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
namebdis4:
Please also send to yungrey50@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Which school are you paying too? If it's fanshawe then go to www.peertransfer.com/school/fanshawec
notasowie:
bros have gone to the bank ,they ask me to wait that there's no dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Check ur mail
notasowie:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Anyone at university of Ottawa here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
SURGEE:
Pls if you submitted an application for masters in manitoba. Pls pm. Me abeg? Need ssome clarifications.
Thanks
i did
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
SURGEE:
Pls if you submitted an application for masters in manitoba. Pls pm. Me abeg? Need ssome clarifications.
Thanks
i got your p.m. but my reply could not get delivered
send me an email to bamijayy@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
Someone sent me this and i thought i should share it to the house

QUESTION
good day,

I wanna apply for Uni Manitoba MSc. in Food Science. I need a supervisor with funding. How can I secure one. I will be waiting to read from you.

Thanks

Kind Regards

sorry dear. I didn't apply for the thesis option but i could give you some tips.
1. check out the department's website and fish out names of lecturers/professors whose research work has a leaning to your area of interest.
2. Read one or two of their published works
3.Mail all the professors with similar interests. make sure your email to them is concise, straight to the point and powerful. let them know that you read about their work on blah blah blah (for e.g. the impact of food nutrients on intelligence) and you found it very educational,intelligent etc.
4. you may/may not attach maybe a research work you have done that in the professor's line of research.
sowi for my long email
i think u should apply to more than one school so as to increase your chances of getting admitted.
what was your undergrad  CGPA? Did you write GRE/GMAT/IELTS?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungreezy: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Does uni of Ottawa require ielts or TOEFL?
ikem01:
Hello house, If I have 3M in my account woukd it be enough to get a TRV since am going to University of ottawa, there tuition is 8200CAD DOLLARS per year which is abt 1.3million naira. Is 3M in my account too small
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=AdexStudio post=42701784]
Pls ask whatever question you have here, a lot of gurus are here to tackle that for you. Or drop ur whatsapp number I can contact you Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
anyone in Lambton college toronto campus should holla at me. I have some important questions to ask. thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
Fanshawe college seminar was ok today!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 9:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
olah23:
Fanshawe college seminar was ok today!!!
pls what did They talked abt?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nony1:
I got a supervisor at u of Ottawa but he doesn't have funding so he advised me to seek for funding from foundations and he will also write to them that he will be my host. Any advice?? ??

Gurus, help! With this. No funding was a red flag during my application stage sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lonzo(m): 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
dannywest01:
I even paid the guys extra money to expedite the process but here I am still wondering when it will be sent. May God come to my aid

I will be going there on Thursday to get somethings done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iamosamede55: 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nony1:
I got a supervisor at u of Ottawa but he doesn't have funding so he advised me to seek for funding from foundations and he will also write to them that he will be my host. Any advice?? ??
Hi, I am also applying to uottawa, M.Eng Mechanical, course based. I noticed that they'll require me to fill a preference form as one of the documents to be submitted. There's somewhere in the form where I need to select professors I want them to send my file to. However, since I'm applying for a courier based program, I didn't contact any supervisors. What program are u applying for? Can u b of help if you had the same challenge.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iamosamede55: 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
Uottawa applicants, please the preference form is giving me headache. It's stated that I require 37000/year for visa students. Meanwhile tuition is around 8k. And I have to declare and explain that I will b able to fund my studio since I'm not applying for financial assistance. Anyone is the same crisis/ dilemma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 11:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
lonzo:

I will be going there on Thursday to get somethings done
Im thinking of going there tomorrow or tuesday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gbemirado: 2:55am On Feb 08, 2016
U don't need to worry. I applied for d same course and given admission. Just relax and submit. Since its course based, u don't need to look for supervisor. So just wait till deir final decision is taken. If u still doubt, u can call them. Hope dis helps. Take care
iamosamede55:

Hi, I am also applying to uottawa, M.Eng Mechanical, course based. I noticed that they'll require me to fill a preference form as one of the documents to be submitted. There's somewhere in the form where I need to select professors I want them to send my file to. However, since I'm applying for a courier based program, I didn't contact any supervisors. What program are u applying for? Can u b of help if you had the same challenge.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gbemirado: 2:57am On Feb 08, 2016
Noo. Nigeria is exempted
yungreezy:
Does uni of Ottawa require ielts or TOEFL?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 4:54am On Feb 08, 2016
8k per term and you have 3 terms a year making about 24k per year
iamosamede55:
Uottawa applicants, please the preference form is giving me headache. It's stated that I require 37000/year for visa students. Meanwhile tuition is around 8k. And I have to declare and explain that I will b able to fund my studio since I'm not applying for financial assistance. Anyone is the same crisis/ dilemma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungreezy: 7:21am On Feb 08, 2016
Are u sure about this? Not what is stated on their site.24k per year is way above what i can afford o. If thats the case i doubt ill be able to continue the process. Pls someone should confirm this.
favour0011:
8k per term and you have 3 terms a year making about 24k per year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emma4eva(m): 9:25am On Feb 08, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

I plan to apply there too for M. eng Civil engineering. however, I have sent them some mails as regards the application documents. we can keep in touch
considering the school too.. Still waiting for my transcript

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.