Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? (28216 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / What Would You Do In This Situation? / Men, What Would You Do In This Situation? (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by cricifixo: 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
i don't even buy biscuits or ice creams for my neighbours' kids though they always ask for those things to avoid money ritual stories. you are doing d right thing bros, jst ignore those street side talks

5 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by NoRetreat(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Please, continue to stay indoor without any stain rather than becoming a father xmas with an accusation. Let them talk!!! What will you do that people will not talk?

4 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by gmaribel(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
Op you are on point.

As for me I can't even buy biscuit or give money to them before thier parents accuse me of giving witchcraft to their children. Talkless of allowing them to come and play in my flat.

Prevention is better than cure. Before your story ends up in Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Beync(f): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
You are absolutely right, the days are wicked dont be a victim. Bwt, what manner of parents would allow their kids into every neighbor's apartment in the name of watching cartoon?

3 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bodee(m): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
gaetano:
Come play for your house ke. Na only you be BARNEY AND FRIENDS? no gree joor

shocked
I was somehow skeptical about which position to take but checking this guy post makes me decide. 'Come play for your house ke. Shey you be BARNEY and FRIENDS? I believe the kids should be busy enough to read their books and play with their age group. What's the area of mutual interest. watching cartoon and analysing tom and Jerry together? or can't the kids be a clog on the wheel of your blissful weekend?

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Vivly(f): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
haul:

You a dumb head! Your brain is so twisted like network cable! Why is your cranium filled with 50kg of sawdust? How would you read this beautiful piece upside down? Darn! I'm a sapiosexualist and I find retard like you amusing to be having an internet acess to view what humans banter!

Bish couldn't even spell correctly.
You are an imbecilic goat. If you didn't see the idiotic post I quoted then you must be a dweeb. Who gives a f^ck if you're an online sapiosexual hegoat?? Nigga take your comeback elsewhere. They're lame, newly learnt, posted out of context and on the wrong person.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by realdee44(f): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
gmaribel:
Op you are on point.

As for me I can't even buy biscuit or give money to them before thier parents accuse me of giving witchcraft to their children. Talkless of allowing them to come and play in my flat.

Prevention is better than cure. Before your story ends up in Nairaland
There is nothing wrong in giving money & buying gifts for them. When I say gifts it should be something eatable. It could be pencil, books toils etc. Its very wrong to stay around kids & u don't give them anything from time to time. Yes the world is full of evil but as long as its not anything eatable. Infact just 2 days ago after giving them their monthly money I still gave them #100 & as them to by biscuit & share among the 4 of them.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Originalsly: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
At times you have to nip things in the bud. You live alone...they are not your playmates/age mates ....should've stopped them there and then. As it is now...you need not hide from the kids...let the parents know that you need private time when at home but their rug rats ehmmm.... their kids keep disturbing you. It is for the parents to control their kids...if they can't. .. then tell the kids not to come knocking on your door. If they still do...come to the door with with a cutlass or biggest knife. ..they'll get the message loud and clear.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bodee(m): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
ZziClass1k:
Rather than chasing them away advice their parents and present the prevailing cases of child rape to them.i think ur thoughts but should be executed in the right manner.
Oga, you did not finish your statement, you should have advised him how he will be put down those scary and emotional words to the hearing of the parents.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Vivly(f): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
koning:

Did you even bother to read what the Op wrote before accusing me. Op said he had to lock them out because of incidents of rape cases everywhere. Op was the first to make sex or pedophilia an issue.
Are you sure you are not one of the closet lesbians that abuse female children ?!. 'Pedophiles everywhere' means you. Why shouldn't the Op simply allow the kids in to watch cartoons if he is not a closet Pedo.
Paedophiles everywhere means you. Its a mad world when you a paedophile, tells the op the problem is actually him not being able to control himself from a 9 year old. You need help.... the sooner the better.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by babafirst(m): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Yes you are doing the right thing.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by mrLhanray(m): 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
You are doing the right thing. You could be easily framed, if anytin hapens 2 dose kids... "akoba adaba olorun maje a ri"
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by haul: 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Vivly:

You are an imbecilic goat. If you didn't see the idiotic post I quoted then you must be a dweeb. Who gives a f^ck if you're an online sapiosexual hegoat?? Nigga take your comeback elsewhere. They're lame, newly learnt, posted out of context and on the wrong person.

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by aameyah(f): 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
FannySwindler:
aameyah. You should pity Op not me.
When you get apartment? Guess am staying under the bridge.
Instead of using tactical and matured approach...like keeping doors open, informing their parents who could also check on them or caution them. He has taken a rigid , illogical approach.

If am to reason like you and Op...then As long as he lives in that compound and the kids are there...what makes him think he can't be accused of rape. They don't need to enter his apartment to be molested.

So guess you should be advicing the Op to avoid children as much as possible wherever he sees kids and also avoid staying in a compound with kids.

So going by your reasoning and that of the Op ..He should move out of the apartment. cool

He who brings ant infested firewood home, should be ready to be visited by lizards.

A proverb is enough for the wise!

I just hope and pray that your future wife will not be as careless as you sound. It's your type that will watch as your daughters go to watch TV from one 'buoda's' house to another.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aameyah. Thanks for your concern and prayers.
But...I still don't agree with your views and will never do as far as this topic is concerned. grin

By the way are you still single?...since you consider me careless...you can as well be my wife so that our daughters will not go and watch TV from one brouda house to another.

Inbox me for further correspondence as a potential concerned wife and mother. grin
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
realdee44:
Yes you are doing the right thing, I also don't allow such for the same reason as yours & also if any of the children have stomac pain you will also be a suspect.

What I will advice is that try as much as you can to keep them away from your house by telling them you are busy when ever they come around & learn to give them little gifts not food. Like in my case I give them #500 each every month once I get paid. But coming to my house is a NO & they all like me.

Taah! Stop lying. Liers will head to hell.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by angelofurlife: 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
You did the right thing and you owe no one any explanation as to why you did that. I do not understand some parents They have failed this children, imagine allowing them enter people's home in this bad time.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by stez: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
[quote autho
Meanwhile read this and smile but warning don't click on like or else....... Wen a soldier punish you finish n com release you to go, you com climb ur bike and shout 'officer thunder fire you.... Ur bike no come start again remember the hymn 'Take my life and let me be'
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by lolababe331e: 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
FannySwindler:
Aameyah. Thanks for your concern and prayers.
But...I still don't agree with your views and will never do as far as this topic is concerned. grin

By the way are you still single?...since you consider me careless...you can as well be my wife so that our daughters will not go and watch TV from one brouda house to another.

Inbox me for further correspondence as a potential concerned wife and mother. grin

Honestly though please when you are a father don't allow your kids to go to people's homes unsupervised. The world is wicked o and it's your duty to protect your children. Its better to be overprotective than hear stories that touch undecided

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by realdee44(f): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
RedBenson:

Taah! Stop lying. Liers will head to hell.
It is only a fool that goes around calling someone you don't know & someone you have never met a liar. Pls grow up.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
realdee44:
It is only a fool that goes around calling someone you don't know & someone you have never met a liar. Pls grow up.

Smh! And you think you could cajole everyone here just like that with your N500 monthly donation? Who even asked you how much you give to them (if at all you do so)? Lies are not hard to spot mrs/miss N500 monthly giver.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by arabianights: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
No.you are absolutely right for this wise decision
Their parents should get them dstv or they should simply go and play with their mates.Kids of nowadays are very smart,Do not therefore assume that they are innocent or you are hurting them.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by marcus101(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
coded01:

grin grin
LWFM4 HERE OHOHOH... Even tho, ur post no match the above topic, it got me laffing baje baje! U try!
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by obstead200(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
admax:
Guy, 'you are a wicked person and don't like children' period! grin

N.B You don't trust yourself with those kids...Simple! angry
I think u are not seeing dis issue in d right perspective. If I were in the OP shoes as in unmarried and alone, I will do d same.

Honestly I know d world is a bad place and dia are so many perverts around. But somehow I don't believe all d child rape cases I hear about.

Children can make up stories too especially when they are carefully coached by mischievous adults with the malicious intention of slandering another person

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by andyanders: 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
Good move.Never allow them to come play into your room because most of these parents can be wicked and can lay allegation of abuse and rape and even giving them juju OR even kidnap and rape.

You can see them outside play with them and even be careful buying them some things as their parents could end up laying allegation that you poisoned their children.

Stick to your decision and if confronted, tell them your fears.

If you are married now, maybe they can just have access to your wife and not you. For now, you did the right thing and NEVER look back.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by aspirebig: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
Op, clear the doubt once. Let them know your real reason for your action. Is very simple.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
Lolababe331e. Thanks for your advice or concern. Since you are over protective. You will be a good mother for my kids. grin.

Get in touch. We can take it further from there. cool
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by xtervaganza(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
I'm behind u jare.

you did the normal thing any sane person would do
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by helistysworld: 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Op ,you are doing the right thing as far as am concern on this matter for those saying I pray that you will not become a victim of false accusations. Am a woman of many words cos in my few years have witnessed more the n my age...
years ago as a spinster, I stayed in a compound in lagos here,young and comfortable and because of my job its only on weekends that am around .There is this neighbour whose children are always in my apartment eating all meals most times,I bought clothes,shoes and a lot of things to cut the long story short. The children loved me so much and the woman accused me of trying to steal her children's glory.It was so bad and I thank God am alive to share this. Better be named wicked than being accused of what can dent your image.

4 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
oluwaseyi000:

you are not wrong but never tell their parent why because they will see you as a Philadelphia /rapist (trust Nigerian parent) and you will become a suspect if there is a case of rape of children/aged/male/female even animal/non~living thing.
n.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by BY1434(m): 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

Cc: Lalasticlala

If there is a boy among them,you can acomodate him and eeven assist him in his studies,this will endear you to the parent,you can also assist the girls but outside. And then you can counsel the parent on the danger of their children entering bachelors,the boy will become ur paddi and no finger will be pointed at you if such happen to the girl
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Roseey0(f): 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
The world don spoil finish!
Why will you think in that direction? Why should you be a suspect?

Check yourself well. You may not be wicked, but you sincerely dont like having them around you. It's not a crime to admit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Engagement aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Wedding Pictures / Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition / How Many Chances Do You Give Before You Cut Someone Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.