Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,669 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? (28187 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / What Would You Do In This Situation? / Men, What Would You Do In This Situation? (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by coded01: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Oga u and Buhari get the same manifestos ni?..?

Meanwhile read this and smile but warning don't click on like or else....... Wen a soldier punish you finish n com release you to go, you com climb ur bike and shout 'officer thunder fire you.... Ur bike no come start again remember the hymn 'Take my life and let me be' good morning...

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ameeg(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
In shot u are so very weekend and terable in doing the right thing jarry grin
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bossanmayor(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
Soo
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Orikinla(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

Cc: Lalasticlala

OP, you have done the expedient to avoid false accusations.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by blackboy(m): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
You are doing the right thing. They really do not have any business in your apartment . They get their mate for your apartment? Better late than never so it's good you have stopped them now. Dont allow them in again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
very smart and intelligent.....we have intelligent nairalanders oooo........there was a picture i searched in google, google only returned results from nairaland!
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by shizzy7(f): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
VERY RIGHT BUT CHILDREN of Nowadays won't listen

And their parents are craay who allows their children go to a single man's house who lives alone.... Those parents need training/discipline

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by olalekan1(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
You did the right thing but the timing is wrong. Going by your analysis, you have been allowing these kids into your apartment before but stopping them by force is the problem. Tell me those kids never put smile on your face when they visit! If you want to collect something from kids, you have to tempt them with another thing. Just tell their mom that you will be reading for an important exam for the next 2 months and you dont want to b disturbed. She will caution the children for you. Within those months, the children must have gotten use to a new playing ground but mind you, during those months, you have to be 60% strict to the children and 40% nice. Buy them snacks or dash them money.

5 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bettercreature(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
The OP is so on point,please stick to your decision

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Jexyme(f): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
Stick to your principle..

The parents may not understand even after explanation.

God will see you through.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bettercreature(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
shizzy7:
VERY RIGHT BUT CHILDREN of Nowadays won't listen

But will you be at home all day to monitor them??,, well you can always Lock them inside
My grandma used to do that and I hated it....
Aunty you didnt read the story,please read it again

10 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by menxer: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
Anything that will keep you out of trouble and ensure your peace of mind, pls go ahead and do without fear. grin

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by gmoni2(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
you are so right my bro..
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by shizzy7(f): 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
bettercreature:
Aunty you didnt read the story,please read it again
Lol, grin,, True I did not,, I thought the Op has children and stopped the landlord's children from coming to play with them.

Post modified..

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ladygudhead(f): 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
na where pikin mate dey na there he for dey go play.

child: I won watch kartuuuun!!.

Sundayslum: (mitchwww) faaaast! go read ur buk!

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by skytreader(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Good decision. Prisons are full of people today who don't know jack about the crimes they were accused of. Children can be coached by the real perpetrators-with the fear that comes with threats or lure of incentives-to point fingers at innocent people. One could argue that you would not be convicted on the strength of forensic evidence (body fluids, hair, etc). But all the child needs to do is to be assaulted and subsequently point accusing fingers at you. This is Nigeria, where 'investigations' don't live up to the name. Even if one comes out of it, there is still the stain. One might have to relocate, and who knows how one's employers might take the whole thing. Plus the insane amount of money for lawyers and policemen. I applaud your steps.
A o ni ri akoba o!

10 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bigerboy200: 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Yes very right.. I did just thesame..I blocked my landlords children and other tenants children from entering my own flat.. u are building respect for yaself and driving bullshit far away from u... I am a real extrovert on d outside,but once I enter d compound,i head straight to my flat and lock myself up...no time for nonsense.. all we read in papers are true.. landlord pour acid on tenant, tenant rapes Co tenant,this and dat and this...if u stay in ur lane u will surely stay out of trouble.. don't give a hoot about what ur fellow neighbours are saying..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

You are doing the right thing.

Looking back at my childhood.....me parents never ever let us go to play in single guy/girl's house.

I guess your landlord needs to get DSTV for him house....like my fellow tenants do for the place where I stay.No children disturbing me for DSTV. smiley
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
I did the same. They only come to your apartment to snoop, nothing more than that. At the end of it all, you bestow great respect to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bettercreature(m): 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
shizzy7:
Lol, grin,, True I did not,, I thought the Op has children and stopped the landlord's children from coming to play with them.

Post modified..
No! he was having problem with his konji anytime the kids was with him so he decided to lock them out to prevent konji from raping them on a bad day
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by kennynelcon(m): 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
Right path.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by free2ryhme: 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:

Please advice.

you are doing the right thing

dont mind the negative vibes you get as response
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:

Please advice.

Voooooommmmmm!!!!! Better pass statement. You know what I mean?
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Smooyis(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
You are on point.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by aoshi: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:

Please advice.

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by danduj(m): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
prevention is beta dan cure

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by koning: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
"Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv. "

Op I'm going to be straight with you here. The major problem is you not those kids. You will be taking a huge risk if you ever let yourself be alone with the 9 year old. You may not be able to controle your urges. That's the main reason you do not want the kids around. Children of nowadays are very very sexually aware. They may even start something first.

Lock your doors for your own sake. Never be left alone with the 6 or 9 year old. Most of these rape cases were not pre-meditated.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by adebayo201: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
Omotolu:
I did the same. They only come to your apartment to snoop, nothing more than that. At the end of it all, you bestow great respect to yourself.
I've decided not to play with them let alone allow them into our apartment. Why? I love neatness, I do iron any called clothes. But one day a boy told his parent that I used iron to inflict injury on him. I cried that day because the boy won't open his mouth when he's been asked face-to-face. But whenever he's indoor with his parent, he re-echoed my name.
My parent were totally confused but have to side the boy at my own expense knowing that I do make use of iron than anybody.
My point I this, better you let people know the reason because you might still be the number one suspect if anything happens and they point at you.

N.B... Chelsea, how far now? I had Pedro don enter bus of one chance!
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ladygudhead(f): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
bettercreature:
No! he was having problem with his konji anytime the kids was with him so he decided to lock them out to prevent konji from raping them on a bad day

hey did u even read d post.cos daz not Wat he meant
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Reference(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:

Please advice.

You did absolutely the right thing. Let them provide for their children.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Discovers On Wedding Night That Wife Is No Virgin / Pastor Snatches Wife Of Church Member In Osun / My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.