Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (473757 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 6:25am On Nov 22, 2015
Oyinprince your work is really amazing

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Royalmic24(m): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
amazing. oyinprince, u'r doing a nice job here. keep it up bro........................................................................................................................................................................................................by the way, when is the next update coming. biko pls
embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
Oyin pls reply me on this.
How do you post updates so fast? Do you type on PC or on android?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ipheyemmy01(m): 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
Good work bro, you are representing. Thumbs up.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by kingphilip(m): 8:26am On Nov 23, 2015
Oyinprince:
I go try dey make updates as frequent as possible kiss
Thanks
once a day wil b highly welcomed boss
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Bofemsky(f): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2015
I must commend you for this beautiful story! I've always been a ghost reader on most stories on Nairaland but I have to deactivate my ghost mode for you! During the process of reading, I have to continually remind myself that I'm not watching a movie! That is how into it I am! I love the suspense, the grammar and the tenses, if you ever publish a book, be assured I'll be getting a copy! Keep on the good work.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rocksteady1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
Oyin, u r gud bt pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssse pls keep d update coming constant n quickly...
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by proneurojosh: 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
mehn, this piece is dah bomb.. btw #BringBackOurUpdates
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
dis story keep Titus oyin come una drop food for ur boy we starving I love Aisha but one bullet love her pass Rip Aisha good evening here #still samathan Osman #
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by bellovers(m): 11:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
check it out guys. I guarantee you you will enjoy this story https://www.nairaland.com/2695510/love-non-human
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 9:44am On Nov 25, 2015
*8pm*

Cole could not hide his astonishment at the excellency of Tarasha's edifice. Things in the house were either controlled by Tarasha’s voice or just a simple touch from her. From the gate of the house to the car park and the doors, they all responded to a simple whistle or a word.

Her medical lab was also well equipped with
equipments, someone who did not know her would mistake her for a real medical doctor but a closer look at the equipments and drugs nearly arranged on the shelves suggested that the lab was only meant for treating injuries, both simple and deadly ones.

‘Help me get that cylinder’ Tarasha’s voice jolted him. He turned back to see her pointing to a cylinder on the retort stand. ‘There’s a napkin there for you to hold it’

Cole picked up the hot cylinder with the napkin on his hand and proceeded towards Tarasha to hand it over. Aisha laid on the bed unclad except for her pant and bra as Tarasha cleaned the bullets wounds and applied antibiotics to prevent possible infections. An intravenous fluid bag was hung at the other side and the fluid passed through the IV lines slowly into her veins.

‘Is she going to make it?’ Benny said as he came closer to them. His wound had been treated and his arm was already bandaged.

'We can make her live again but not without complications’ Tarasha replied in a tone that sounded like a professional Doctor's. ‘The bullet touched some organs in the body and some liquids have been spilled'

Cole heaved a sigh.He felt a pang of guilt. Aisha was not supposed to be involved in the operation, she had only come to assist him and Benny after he pleaded with her. Now she had a bullet stuck in her stomach which would result into complications that won’t allow her enjoy life anymore.

'Has the bullets been removed?’ Benny asked another question.

‘No, removing the bullet might cause more harm for now’ she replied. She took time to dress the wound on Aisha’s body after which she covered her with a piece of white cloth.

She led them out of the medical lab to a large room afterwards. The place looked empty until Tarasha brought out a remote control device and tapped in some commands. The opposite wall to them split open and furnitures making up a living room slid out of it towards them with a plane rug underneath.

Benny and Cole could not hide their surprise, it was well written on their face as they stood and watched it like a miracle, they had only seen such happen in Hollywood films. They stood fixed to a point and didn’t notice when Tarasha went to the wall behind them and touched a switch on it which brought out a flat screen TV and other sitting room ornaments from the wall.

‘Are you going to remain standing?’ She startled the two guys.

They sank into the seats in a weary manner and Tarasha took a seat opposite them. There was an awkward silence for about five minutes.

‘Are you hungry?’ She said to the both of them.

‘No, not yet’ Cole spoke up after looking at Benny’s face for a go ahead. ‘The snacks we took earlier is enough for now’

‘Okay, I got some food when I went out. Just tell me when you are ready to eat’ she said and relaxed back into her seat.

‘Thanks' Benny and Cole said in unison.

Tarasha gave a brief smile, she brushed her hair with her hand and stared at the two for a while. Both of them hid their eyes from hers, wondering why she fixed her gaze on them.

A lot of things were on Benny’s mind. One was the hope within his heart that there was no more task Tarasha had for them, this first one almost took their lives. It had never been this tough when he worked with Don. Well, they never had taken operations as hard as the ones they did now.

A confrontation with someone like Robin Kahn would have been termed as impossible when he worked with Don. Not that Don’s group - the Nanl gang - was not good enough. In fact, they were arguably the best assassin group in the nation before Tarasha came in, but what had incapacitated them was the belief that the Nigerian security system was much stronger than the old times and some crimes could not be perpetuated without being caught.

Maybe it wasn’t just a belief of theirs, it was reality. Although the level of technology in the gang was high, no one had the knowledge of how to deactivate the security cameras or how to hack into the Nigerian security backup files, they all had come to accept that the security was unbreakable.

‘We only took one of our targets’ Tarasha’s voice came up again. Benny and Cole fixed their eyes on her at once, they had been expecting her to talk about it. ‘The Nigerian inspector is still well and sound’

‘No, he couldn’t have escaped’ Cole argued. ‘We attached a bomb to the car that was supposed to take him back to their station’

‘He survived, someone told him about the bomb’

‘Huh?’ Benny’s eyes widened, ‘No one could have noticed with the way we did it'

‘Who planted it ?’ Tarasha questioned.

‘I … and Aisha’ Benny answered.

‘You spoke to her about it on phone?’ She asked another question

‘Yes, we were not together all through. I had to communicate with her and Cole through phone calls’

‘I think the call was intercepted or maybe recorded’ Tarasha stated, she paused for a while and bit her lips. ‘Someone else has access to Aisha’s phone files and location, that’s how the police got to know  where you were’

Benny and Cole exchanged glances, they couldn’t really figure out what Tarasha was trying to explain.

‘I had to come in and stop the police, they were on their way to meet you where you took Robin’ Tarasha continued. ‘Someone was tracking Aisha through the phone and providing them with information’

‘How could that be?’ Benny muttered. It was clear to him now that Tarasha was the one they saw in a gun duel with the police after driving out of the gate.

‘We still need to handle that Nigerian Inspector, he seems a little bit competent’ Tarasha stood up from her seat and slowly walked to the nearest window. ‘He could give you problems later’ she said, placing a stress on the “you”

Benny grumbled under his breath, afraid that Tarasha would ask them to complete the task with their injuries. Still backing them and looking out through the window, Tarasha sensed the fright mood of the two.

‘Don’t worry, you don’t need to go back to him now. You can kill him anytime you want to’ she said as she turned to face them. ‘He’s not that hard, he couldn’t pick a good place to fire at me, his two bullets hit my back’

‘Huh?’ Cole did not know when he stood up in surprise . ‘Two bullets hit you?’

Tarasha smiled, ‘the bullets got stuck in the kevlar’

‘Oh!’ Cole exclaimed softly and sat back.

Tarasha’s smiling face turned serious as she begun an impromptu lecture. ‘As a good gunman, two of your bullets should not get wasted. Even if the first one does not penetrate, you should know where to fix in the second. He should have noticed that the first bullet did not get into my body, he shouldn’t have shot the same place twice. He should have left an impact even if he didn’t kill me’ she paused and glanced at her wristwatch like someone rushing somewhere.

‘He didn’t try to shoot my head, although that wouldn’t have killed me because I had a Kevlar wig on too but it would have been a better shot' she paused again to see get impact on them. 'You should be able to use your eyes like a machine, it should scan through the body of your target like the eyes of a robot’ she said before walking back to her seat. She moved her gaze in a slow manner from Benny to Cole and back to Benny.
'You two would handle the surviving Inspector when we return, we are traveling next week for our new operation’

++++++++

James saw several officers gathered outside as he drove into the station. He spotted Sandra talking to a group of officers on the left field beside the main building.

After parking the car, he relaxed back into the seat to rest , contrary to his plan of entering the office to take his bag and return straight home, he spent sometime to mediate in the car.

Though the day had been a fruitless one, he still had good reasons to thank God for saving his life. Two of the foreigners were dead already and their main Boss, Robin, who was supposed to be the superhero was nowhere to be found. He wondered how the news headlines would be next day. "Robin Kahn fails to lead his men and the Nigerian force to victory" or "Robin Kahn leads men into Samantha's Osman's trap". It may even be " Special Agent Robin is kidnapped - after leading several policemen in an operation that wasted their lives". It would surely shock the outside world.

How Samantha Osman or whoever the Lady on the mask was escaped still baffled him. He was sure that two bullets hit her at the back, he wondered how she managed to drive away so fast that Sandra couldn't catch up with her and even himself couldn't find her in the places he searched. Or was she wearing a proof? No, it didn't look like she was.

'Sir' Someone called, knocking on the car window. It was the computer operator, Sandra was standing at his back. They had seen his car when he drove in.

James hesitated before winding down the window. He had been through so much and didn't want to continue until the next day. He even defiled medical advice still went after Samantha, now his body was really aching him and all he needed was rest.

'Yinka' he managed to call the computer operator's name.

'Sir, did you find anything useful?' Sandra quickly put in.

'No, you?' James directed the question back to her.

'No' Sandra answered in a low tone.

'I think we should just leave everything till tomorrow' James said as he came out of the car.

'No we won't leave anything till tomorrow' someone objected loudly, approaching them from behind. 'We'll do everything we can do today'

James looked back to see the superintendent, he felt like someone hit a hammer on his head.

The who seemed less concerned before had just received orders from his superior, threatening him to look into the case urgently or loose his job.

'Do you know the magnitude of what happened today?' The man continued, staring into James' face. 'Three special agents from the US have been brought down in one day'

'Two' James corrected boldly, leaving Sandra and Yinka to wonder where he got such confidence to correct his superior in that manner. Of course, it was from his fatigue the desperation to have a good rest. 'Two, Agent Robin may still be alive'

The man bit his lips in anger but refrained from taking it out on James because he wasn't sure he had a better officer to handle the case if he argued with James.

'Two' the man stuttered. 'But agent Robin is nowhere to be found. That wouldn't be good news if it hit the headlines tomorrow. We have to do something to prove that we're working and not in cooperation with the criminals'

'That's true' James said calmly, finally reasoning with the man. There was silence for a moment.

'I think we have a better picture of who Samantha Osman is now' James spoke to the waiting ears of the officers. 'Aisha Bello might just be the real criminal'

'Yes!' Yinka exclaimed excitedly. 'I was about to say that too. I believe Aisha Temitope Bello is real name of the assassin who is the leader of the group and not Samantha Osman'

There was silence for some seconds again before Sandra spoke. 'So does it means if we find that Aisha, we may have nabbed the whole group?'

'Yes' James agreed, nodding his head slowly. 'We just have to be careful this time, not to run into another trap' James concluded.

+++++

03/01/2031

Aisha Bello was declared wanted by the superintendent himself on national TV very early in the morning. Before seven thirty a.m , postals and handbills carrying her picture and details had been spread around the nation, a price tag for anyone with useful information was also placed on the bills.

News of Robin's defeat and abduction had also been dispersed within and outside the nation. Everyone was on the look for Aisha Bello, who was possibly the same person as Samantha Osman.

The US authority did not believe when rumours of Robin's defeat first got to them the day before. Various news medium in the US had carried it but there was no reliable source yet. They immediately made contact the Nigerian force but the news was denied until that morning when the superintendent confirmed it in an interview with the press.

'I don't think the Boss has heard this' Cole said to Benny as they listened to the morning news, sipping the warm tea slowly.

'You never can tell, she's unpredictable' Benny replied calmly.

'I feel sorry for Aisha' Cole said sadly.

'She'll survive' Benny says nonchalantly.

'Yes, she will but she wouldn't have gotten injured at all if I didn't ask her to come. It was our task.' Cole continued, 'she was still in pains when I spoke with her this morning, Boss has gone to get more medicines for her'

'Well, that's true. She's in pain because she helped us' Benny replied thoughtfully as he got up from the sofa. 'I need to see her too'

'She's asleep now' Cole returned him with a wave of the hand.

Benny returned to his seat and they watched the rest of the thirty minutes news in silence.

Cole began again after the news ended. 'You know I've been trying to figure out how the police could have gotten access to Aisha's phone. Do you think Aisha could have been careless enough not to know when she ran into an undercover?'

'That baffles me also, I tell you' Benny replied.

'She was sold out by her boyfriend' Tarasha's voice came up. She had walked into the house without them taking note. 'The same boyfriend who followed her to the former office'

'Don?' Benny and Cole exclaimed in shock.

'I don't know what his name is' Tarasha replied, dropping a white nylon bag which contained the medicine she went to buy on the glass centre table. 'Is she awake?'

'No, I checked her few minutes ago' Cole replied.

'I heard she's wanted now by the police' Tarasha said with a wicked smile, taking out a pistol from her jeans jacket.

'Yes, her pictures are everywhere' Benny replied sadly.

Tarasha fixed in a bullet into the gun, making them wonder what she wanted to do. She walked up to Benny and handed the gun to him .

'Aisha would cause problems for us if she lives, plant that bullet into her skull' she ordered Benny. 'Right now!'

... to be continued

Please drop your comments

Read Latest Update Here : www.youngicee..co.ke/2015/11/tarasha-chap-9-pt-1_23.html?m=1

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by oghenekome51(f): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello oyin prince, i stumbled on ur story sometimes back and i actually found it entertaining and interesting, at a point i tot u were going to abandon d story buh so far uve proved me wrong!

Thanks a bunch, keep it coming!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by labaski(f): 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Henry go chop soldier whip today ehnnnnn.. I laugh in Swahili..buhahahahaha.. I'm sure it's Tarasha and I hope she was able to get that bug from him cos it's obvious dat store is where Tarasha got it from.. nice one Oyinprince

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by domido(m): 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
Aisha's role has ended. No looking back this time, am sure.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
Flakkydagirl:
Do you still need to be told that you're an amazing writer?......Oyinprince ride on.

Flakkydagirl
Thanks mam , I'm honoured

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
NeoVictory:

Fast ke? I've not been quick with updates lately but I use my android phone and its very possible to post quick updates with it
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
kingphilip:
once a day wil b highly welcomed boss
Would have loved to do that sir smiley but it won't work with my schedule these days
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by orijintv(m): 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
This boi ehn . . IFear yu oo . . Kip it up Fam. . God Gah Yu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by totalhouse(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Oyin, honey, sweet, aspartame, sugar, date, you are just too sweet...... In writing.
I'm still trying to comprehend the fact that this thriller with a lot of technological 'mysteries' is coming from a young man like you. You write as if you downloaded a movie for all to watch.... Sometime, reading your work is like watching an American movie... I'm speechless, just speechless...... U are simply the bomb...
Please i want to reiterate my question, where do you draw ur inspiration from?
You are highly creative. Sometimes I check your blog to read ahead. Can't just wait for updates. I Celebrate you my brother. More ink to your pen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by proneurojosh: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
this oyin of a guy is damn good, i mean amazingly good..... if i see you real life i 'd lie flat b4 you o! cheesy

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
Well-done boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by kingphilip(m): 5:22am On Nov 27, 2015
Oyinprince:
Would have loved to do that sir smiley but it won't work with my schedule these days
hw about an hr typing each day or do you drop it as it's hot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 10:27am On Nov 28, 2015
Thanks all, I appreciate each and everyone's comment, though I may not be able to mention everyone of you. God bless you, pls keep the comments rolling in
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2015
... continuation from chapter eight

++++++

Robin Kahn's dead body was finally recovered from the house where he was killed the next day. It took seeing Greg's dead body for James to remember that they were on a mission to a particular address before the wanted lady attacked them.

James led a group back to the location on Gravl estate that day and they entered into the compound, finding Robin's body laying lifeless on the floor behind the ambulance. They searched round the compound and even broke into the house but found nothing else implicating, except for some bullets and the blood stained doctor's coat found in the ambulance.

The bullets and coat were sent to the forensics team immediately for scrutinization while Robin's body was driven back to the headquarters.

Still that morning, James and Sandra visited Dr Hammed who had met in 2030 with Samantha Osman in Derl Pharmacy to ask for a confirmation if Aisha Bello was the same as Samantha Osman.

'They are not the same person' Dr Hammed replied their question in an angry manner. He was tired of replying questions already, he had had enough from the EFCC and his lawyer. His plan was to rest and prepare for his court hearing the next week.

'Just take a proper look at it first' James insisted.

'Am I a baby who doesn't know his left from the right? I said they are not the same' the man replied back stubbornly.

'Sir' James tried to calm the situation. 'I don't mean to infuriate you. Well, maybe I should show you one of her recent pictures, that one is old and dated back to 2023'

James moved closer to the man with his tablet and displayed some pictures for the man to see. 'These are her recent pictures on Instagram and Facebook' he said as he swiped through different photos.

'There's no iota of resemblance between this girl and Samantha Osman' Dr Hammed stood on his point. 'Samantha looks more like a black American and has a kind of mixed accent, she's certainly not the same as this'

++++++

Aisha's eyes opened to see Benny pointing a gun at her, her body which was previously stiff immediately began to vibrate in fright.

'Benny, what are you doing?' she struggled to mutter under her breath. She looked over his shoulder and saw Tarasha and Cole standing at the back, close to the entrance of the lab. Cole hid his face immediately, after her eyes met his.

Benny cocked the gun.

CHAPTER NINE

06/01/2031

**Maitaima, Abuja**

'Nice to have you here, Mr Henry' Sylvester shook hands with Henry as he welcomed him to their head office in Abuja.

'Thank you sir' Henry smiled, receiving the handshake. 'I'm happy to be here to work with you sir'

'Come in please' the stout man adjusted his suit trousers belt as he ushered Henry into an office.

Mr Sylvester, the official in charge of the security cameras system of whole nation had been recently embattled with series of breaks and attacks on their operations which always resulted in assassinations.

The first time it happened was in November 2030. The security cameras all stopped transmitting at the same time and for the same duration of a minister's assassination. Others had happened after that, the latest was just one week ago and it involved the death of United States special officer, Robin Kahn and his team.

After fruitless struggles by all the software engineers and officers to fix the loophole, Mr Sylvester was forced to invite Henry George, a young Internet technician, software and computer engineer and transmission expert to come to their aid.

Henry George, aged 26, was a renowned ethical hacker who had saved the nation on a previous attack by enemies on their security official websites. Henry saved his country four years ago when he was serving as a youth corper in Maiduguri. His breaking of the limit brought him fame and money as he was well sought for by several organizations after his service. He decided to settle in Lagos with his parents, occupying a good position in a well respected computer security firm.

'Please have your seat, sir' Sylvester motioned him to the visitor's seat.

'Thank you sir' Henry replied as he sat comfortably into the seat.

'I believe you've heard about the recent security breaches we've had in our systems' Sylvester began before sitting down.

'Yes. As a matter of fact, I've been trying to work on it already' Henry leaned forward, placing his hands on the table. 'But you know there's a limit to what I can do without having permission from you to use your data'

'Yes' Sylvester smiled. 'We'll give you everything you need to work with. We need to fix the problem as soon as possible to avoid more blames from the police'

'I'll work with the best of my abilities as long as you provide every necessary data for me' Henry licked his lips as he replied, he felt uneasy.

He wasn't being honest. In fact, he wasn't so sure if there was any more data to get from them as he had already hacked into their systems to derive information for his personal investigation.

When the news of the security failure first hit the news the last year, Henry had launched his personal investigation immediately, being curious to know the expert that was good and bold enough to hold the nation's security in captive for hours.

Unfortunately for him, he couldn't make much progress like he thought he would. Every link to trace the person behind the work was completely blocked. He even tried to locate the server from where the Health Minister's compromise video was uploaded from but the result he got was an incorrect proxy and IP address. Since then, he had concluded that his failure to locate the source was due to lack of complete data. But the data he needed was sure not from this organization he had been invited to work for, he accepted the invitation with the hope that their influence would get him the data from other organizations. He was ready to break record.

'Here sir' Sylvester courteously handed a file to Henry. 'In it is all our codes and data that you need, please we'll like you to start work on it as soon as possible'

Henry stood to take the file from the man, smiling as he marveled at the man's great show of respect for him. The man was a married man who was far older than him in age and authority, so Henry felt greatly honored by his attitude.

'I'll begin my work immediately' Henry said as they exchange a parting handshake.

++++++

11/01/2031

Their Bus got to Kubwa, Abuja at exactly five minutes past nine in the evening and they drove into their lodge by fifteen minutes past nine. Their arrival attracted a lot of attention from people around the house. The house had been abandoned for over two years.

'Hey! Wetin I dey find for hia?' A Mallam walked in after them as they drove in through the old rusted gate.

Tarasha was the first to come out of the Bus and walk back to the gate to attend to the man, but she was helpless as she couldn't understand the man's pidgin language until Benny came around

'Wetin I dey find for hia?' The man asked again.

'We came on a short business trip' Benny answered him. 'This property has been sold to us'

'Who sell am for me?'

'Where are the house and land documents?' Benny turned to Tarasha to ask.

'Is that all he's saying?' Tarasha commented as she walked back to the car to get the documents.

She returned a minute later and handed it over to Benny who displayed it to the man and spoke in low tones to the man. The man walked away silently after nodding his head in agreement several times to Benny.

'He's one of the security guards in the town' Benny informed Tarasha as they walked back to the bus to join the others offload the loads in the bus.

+++++

12/01/2031

'This bug is not a common one' Henry said to Sylvester as he examined a small black device held up in his hands. 'It is customized, I believe the user manufactured it by him or herself'

'So can nothing be done with this?' Sylvester asked in a pessimistic manner.

'Of course, something can be done with it' Henry answered with a mischievous smile.

'What do you mean?' Sylvester asked, confused by the look on Henry's face.

'Is it not this device the police headquarters sent from Lagos this morning?' Henry dropped the device on the table and sat in front of a computer set.

'Yes'

'It might take us a little time before we come up with anything useful to us about this bug. I don't want us to rush' Henry said, typing in the label on the bug into the Google search engine.

'Ha! I don't want us to spend too much time on this issue, we've gone about six days already without making a headway'

Henry paused and turned to Sylvester, he stared into his face for a moment before speaking out. 'Mr Sylvester' he called. 'Do you know the history surrounding this bug?' He raised a brow as he asked.

'Ermm... I know. You know, it's just that the government is putting a lot of pressure on us'  Sylvester stammered as he tried to convince Henry.

'Well, if they really want a quick job' Henry turned back to the desktop as he spoke, 'let them come and do the job themselves. I won't get myself killed stupidly'

'I'm not saying we should work stupidly, I just think we should work a little more faster'

'I won't work faster than this, I assure you' Henry said boldly without turning to the man, he was beginning to get pissed with the man but tried to remain calm. 'I won't work like Robin Kahn who was impatient and ran into the waiting hands of the assassins, I'm wiser'

Sylvester did not reply anymore as he began to reason with Henry, he remained quiet and allowed Henry to continue his searching.

Henry silently read each of the search results before clicking on the best option. He read for few minutes and jotted some codes into his notepad before getting up.

'I have to get to a computer accessories shop now' He said as he picked up his bag and hung it on his shoulder.

'Ehen, Okay' Sylvester got up too and set out to leave the computer room.

** Twenty minutes later **

'Seginet Computers' Henry read aloud to himself as he parked his car in the parking lot of the company. He took a deep breath before proceeding to the main building.

The company's main building had four doors, two for entry and the other two for exit. Henry smiled as his Android device beeped. He took it out from his bag, a red light pointed out from the screen, slanting in an upward direction. He took care not to look in the direction of the light as he understood the message. His properly designed app was just locating the positions of the neatly hidden surveillance camera at the door.

The door opened, allowing him to enter after been scanned by the security system. He switched off the device to avoid attracting attention to himself as it would in no time begin to make numerous beeps on locating the cameras inside the building.

Computer accessories and softwares of different kinds and uses were neatly arranged in shelves at the different sections. Henry quickly located the camera section and proceeded towards the stand.

'Henry' he heard someone call. He turned back to see the caller but found out that he wasn't the Henry being called. He hissed and turned again carelessly to collide into someone.

'Oh! Sorry' he apologized as he bent to pick the fallen contents of the fallen nylon bag. The lady watched him in disgust as he picked up the gadgets and returned them into the nylon bag.

'I'm so sorry' he apologized again as he handed over the bag back to the lady. She gave him a searching look before collecting it from him.

There was something familiar about the lady, Henry thought as they both stood for thirty seconds without moving. It wasn't her face that looked familiar, rather it was an atmosphere around her, the scent of her perfume. He had felt that atmosphere sometime before but he couldn't tell where and when it was.

He was also held spellbound by her beauty, her charm was irresistible. Her face was neat with no acne or pimple, her eyes were attractive and too radiant to look at for long without falling in worship. He had only one description for her, a perfect African goddess.

He felt his body shiver as he ran his eyes through her clean sexy legs. Her figure eight was clearly displayed in the tight mini gown which revealed her thigh down to her foot. His heartbeat suddenly increased without him knowing.

'Be careful next time' she said and walked away from his presence, leaving him to stand overwhelmed in the midst of other moving people.

He stood transfixed for some more seconds, but his brain was working perfectly well and quick also. He had heard that voice somewhere before but couldn't remember where it was.

He turned back to see her just going out through the exit and quickly followed after her, abandoning his primary assignment.

She was already entering into her car when he got out, he quickly ran towards her but she started the car engine and began to drive towards the gate before he got to her. He tried to call out to her but there was no response.

Without thinking twice, he jumped into his car and drove out of the gate, pursuing after her. After minutes of trying to get her attention through the side mirror, she finally stopped near an army checkpoint and came out of the car. The soldiers approached her immediately as it was wrong to park at that place.

He drove closer to them and was still arguing with himself whether to park also or just drive forward when he realized what was going on, but it was late already.

The lady had just finished explaining something to the soldiers and two were signaling for him to park with whips in their hands.

... to be continued

Read the new episode here : www.youngicee..com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by aprilwise(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
This is hollywood script not naija wood.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by domido(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
Chai!!! Henry don jam soldiers wey dey vex ooo. Na who go save am dis time.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
nice update but oyin some part of new update need to be correct talking of 9.2 yeah it just need to prof read #thumbs up man™ still I Osman
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ipheyemmy01(m): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
Great work.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Missmossy(f): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2015
Beautiful piece.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by DandyPearl(f): 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Whew! Finally caught up with ya'all. I had wanted to silently read and non-humanly run away but my conscience wouldn't let me. Nice piece of work you got going on here. Kudos oyin. Donkross1 and calmdove you guys henn. Missmossy I see you're here also.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by donkross1(m): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
DandyPearl:
Whew! Finally caught up with ya'all. I had wanted to silently read and non-humanly run away but my conscience wouldn't let me. Nice piece of work you got going on here. Kudos oyin. Donkross1 and calmdove you guys henn. Missmossy I see you're here also.
wink waka waka

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.