Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,017 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (473742 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Missmossy(f): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
Breathtaking as usual cheesy
Kudos Oyinprince.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
SPDAZZY:

Thanks a bunch. You are da bomb! smiley smiley smiley

So happy now.
You're welcome, hope you had a fun filled day.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2015
Missmossy:
Breathtaking as usual cheesy

Kudos Oyinprince.
smiley Thanks Miss
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
TAR___ Not very pure heroin

NEF__it just a person who post pointless msg in forum
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
to find all where hidden camera is that y she put the command in her tablet device

I reserve ma comment
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by oldschooljam(f): 10:20am On Dec 12, 2015
No words to describe ur brain jst Indescribable smiley great work Mr man

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
All I can say is this is BEAUTIFUL.....more inspirations Oyin,God bless you kiss

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Joizy(f): 1:12am On Dec 16, 2015
Damn,watx ur brain made of?u jux so gud.9ce 1 dude.kip it cumin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by qhutetomsel(f): 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
awesome!!
kudos Oyinprince
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
**7.30pm **

'When is your Dad coming to Nigeria?' Dare asked Tarasha who sat opposite him, playing with the spoon around the plate.

'He might come visiting when I have established something big' Tarasha answered after munching the food particles in her mouth.

'I see. Your family is a business minded one' he said playfully.

'Just like yours' Tarasha remarked playfully.

'Not everyone loves business in my family' he frowned. 'I personally don't like business'

'What do you mean?' She asked with a chuckle.

'I would have loved to be a lawyer' he replied sadly. 'But I had to tow this path because my father needed someone to take over his companies'

Tarasha remained silent and listened to him with keen interest.

'He gathered a lot when he was in government and he invested so much' Dare continued with a note of sadness. 'At a time he was in charge of securing the whole nation. He says he got fought by a lot of lawyers and wouldn't want me to become one of his enemies'

'If you want to be a top profile lawyer, you would have lots of enemies that'll want to bring you down, so he says. He doesn't want any of his children to fight  like he did'

Tarasha extended her hand on the table and held his hands in a compassionate manner. He stared into her face, he could see she felt his sadness. She gave a him a look of reassurance, like she had been his friend for ages.

He had been with so many girls but always, his only aim was to sleep with them. This one was different, he felt like he could pour his heart to her.

'Tell me about your father?' Tarasha pushed further, with the main aim of gathering more information about her target. 'How did he gather so much money to invest with?'

He stared at her face once again without saying a word. She quickly added more soothing words to reassure him. She squeezed his palm in hers. 'I mean he's a success, that means he had a mind of an entrepreneur unlike so many other retired public officers who are living off their pensions and gains during service'

He smiled. 'My Father had some businesses he was involved in before serving the country. He used his gains at that time to invest more for the future'

'Hmm...'Tarasha nodded silently and relaxed back into her seat, unsatisfied by the response.

Dare smiled and continued.
'When would you love to meet my father?'

'I already left that for you to fix' she answered. 'Since you said you were going to help me talk with him'

'Sure, I will' he reassured. 'You'll most likely meet with him next week'

'Thanks' she smiled.

'So what about your boyfriend?' He changed the topic.

'Boyfriend?' She seemed surprised.

'Yes'

'Well, I've got no time for a boyfriend right now. I want to establish my business first'

'Huh?' His eyes widened as he laugh. 'You seem to just love business more than everything else'

She joined in the laughter. 'Not really. I love my parents more, they mean the world to me'

'Huh ho! Nice' he smiled sheepishly.

He placed his hand on his stomach as he suddenly began to feel uneasy. He covered his mouth with the other palm as he gave a silent belch.

'Can you excuse me for a minute' he said and got up from the seat.

'Oh yea sure' she permitted with a smile.

She frowned and picked up her phone as he left. Her instinct told her something was happening as her network bar kept fluctuating, but she wasn't sure of what it was.

++++++++++

**9.30pm**

'What? Data inaccessible?' Henry exclaimed at the pop up message on the laptop screen. How can that be? Does that mean that Evelyn was using an unregistered sim?

No, but it wasn't possible to use a sim card without registering it first. So why couldn't he access Evelyn's registration details on the network bearer's database? Or was it that the network bearer has made their database unhackable?

He dropped the laptop on the bed and stood up to yawn and stretch himself. His eyes met the wall clock, to his surprise it was twenty minutes to five. He was planning to call Evelyn by nine pm. but he didn't know when the time passed as he was carried away by the desire to find her full name and details.

He picked up the phone and dialed the number as he sat on the bed. The call was answered after it rang the third time.

'Hello Evelyn' he said pleasantly.

'Hello' a tiny voice replied.

'How are you doing?'

'Fine'

'You remember me?' He asked.

'No, I'm actually expecting an introduction'

Henry smiled. 'It's Henry, we met earlier today'

'I remember' she replied calmly, with less enthusiasm.

'Yeah, so how's your night going?'

'Great, yours?' She managed to reply.

'Awesome'

'Alright'

'So when would we see again?'

'I don't have an answer to that question now' she answered softly.

'Can we meet for lunch tomorrow?' He offered.

'I'm not sure I'll be free' she replied nonchalantly.

'Not sure? Tomorrow's Saturday' he said.

'Yes, I know. I also have things to do on weekends'

'Would you be busy all through the day? Maybe we can meet by evening time'

'You know what? I'll call you if I'm less busy' she said and ended the call immediately.

Henry dropped the phone slowly. He wondered why she was acting so hard. His mind suddenly returned to the mystery surrounding her phone number registration details. He quickly checked the true caller application on his phone if it had recognized the number but the app did not show records of the call. That got him more suspicious.

He bit his lips as he remembered that he could have traced the call and gotten more information, including her location. He thought of calling back and tracing it but suspended it for another day.

He cleared his throat as he got up from the bed to pull his shirt. Why was he even getting unnecessarily suspicious about an innocent looking girl anyway, he thought. Maybe the sim registration just had some errors from the network bearer's database. He had earlier decided and even included in his new year resolutions to stop intruding into people's personal life through his knowledge of hacking. He didn't know how he found himself doing it again when he was aware that it was a crime and was wrong morally.

He was about to hang his shirt in the wardrobe when his mind changed again. He saw the jersey he wore earlier that evening. His name on the collar was printed in very small characters and that made another question arise in his mind. How was Evelyn able to read it from the distance she was standing? He also did not remember turning his back to her, so she couldn't have seen the name there.

She must have known him from somewhere else, he thought, remembering the feeling he had when he met her at the gadgeta store. She also could have lied about her name. He must find her real name. He was going to hack illegally once more and get her real details and location. Just once more!

18/01/2031

'Good morning Dad' Dare voice sounded lively as Chief Jubril answered the call.

'Good morning son' the man replied. 'How is everything?'

'Fine Dad' Dare replied and then went straight to his reason for calling. 'I have one of my friends who would like to do business with you'

'Your friend?' The man seemed surprised.

'Yes, my friend' Dare answered. He seemed surprised too that he called her his friend. It was not up to one week that they had met and he already developed trust and friendship for her. What endeared him to her more was the listening ears that she gave to him. She was not like the other girls that he met who were only interested in developing a relationship with him because of his money. He too had always played along with them and used them only for sex and dump them after a while without releasing so much money like they expect him to. That has made several girls label him a tightfisted person.

'Your friend? Are you sure?' The man asked again.

'Come on dad' he urged. 'Why are you talking to me like I'm a kid?'

'No Dare, don't get it wrong' the man pleaded. 'You hardly keep friends who are into business or investments, so I'm just surprised'

'I just met this wonderful Lady Dad' he continued with excitement. 'She seems industrious and business minded'

'You just met her?' He  replied with a note of suspicion.

'Yes Dad' Dare answered. 'She's a Nigerian but grew up in Canada with her parents. Her parents own large companies in Ontario Canada'

'Hmm... Dare' the father sighed. 'You can't just trust someone you just met'

Dare was silent for a moment. His father's words left an impact on him, the loudness of his voice reduced. 'I think she's sincere'

'You think? You should not make conclusions based on assumption, she might likely be a fraudster' he fired.

Dare remained silent.

'What's her full name?' The Chief asked.

'Evelyn Alex' Dare answered.

'Her Dad's name?'

'Alexander Amaechi'

'Okay' the man jotted down the names. 'Tell her to come see me on Monday'

'Okay Dad, have a pleasant day'

'You too' Chief Jubril replied and hung up. He shook his head as he placed the phone on the seat. His son just disappointed him, he didn't expect that Dare would not be reasonable enough to be careful with a recent acquaintance.

He picked up the jotter where he wrote down the names. He was sure going to deal with the Lady if he finds out that she is a fraudster, he swore.

END OF CHAPTER NINE

Read today's episode on www.youngicee..com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
qhutetomsel:
awesome!!
kudos Oyinprince
Joizy:
Damn,watx ur brain made of?u jux so gud.9ce 1 dude.kip it cumin
oldschooljam:
No words to describe ur brain jst Indescribable smiley great work Mr man
sade1:
All I can say is this is BEAUTIFUL.....more inspirations Oyin,God bless you kiss
Thanks Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by oghenekome51(f): 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
I hope she succeeds in killing dis target! Looks lik ders going to b problem, a huge one at dat!

Oyinprince ade feel u! Weldone bro!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nice one
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by emtebe(m): 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
nice one oyin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 18, 2015
Nice Nice Nice. It's in you, bro!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
13/01/2031

Dare and Evelyn drove into Julal Ltd by exactly 7.30am on Monday morning. Dare was unusually silent throughout the journey, he kept stealing glances at Evelyn who seemed surprised by his behaviour. He kept avoiding discussions anytime she tried to start one.

Several had been floating through his mind since he had the conversation with his Dad on phone. The man had suggested that Evelyn could be a fraudster, but he didn't think so. She appeared so calm and sincere to him, lovable too. She has been the only person who had been able to break the chain of clubbing every Friday night for him, since the three years it started.

Could she really be a fraudster? He stole another quick glance at her face as he turned off the car engine. 'Here we are' he said to her.

She made a sign of the cross and smiled to herself, wondering where she learnt it from, she had never been religious. Well, she was taught how to act very well.

'You seem nervous' he said with a smile.

'I am nervous' she said and turned to look at his face. 'I'm meeting with the chairman of one of the biggest cotton companies in Africa'

'Well' he gave a chuckle. 'He's my father and I can assure you that he's not hard to deal with'

She stared at his face. He gave a nod and smile to reassure her.

'What are we waiting ? You should get going'. He opened the door at his side. 'I have some other things to do here too'

'Okay'she smiled and arranged her suit jacket properly, waiting as he turned to open the door for her. 'Thank you.' She stepped out.

'Hey! Dare' someone called, making Dare turn back.

'You should go now. Beep me when you're done' he said and gave her a pat on the cheek before turning to face his caller.

'You'll have a nice time with my Dad. That's if you're not a fraudster.' He frowned and bit his lips as she left his present.

'Dare , what did you say?' His friend asked.

'Not you' he smiled and shook his hands with the friend. The walked away.

**8.10**

'Welcome Miss Evelyn Alex.' Jubril Lawal stared at her intently.

'Thank you sir' she said and adjusted her sitting position.

He sat into the swivel and turned his desktop screen to himself. 'Just a minute' he pleaded as he focused on the computer.

The dark complexioned man was dressed in a black suit and blue shirt with a white tie to complement it. He looked too active and strong for his age. Except for his face and his belly which slightly protruded out, one could mistake him him for a few young businessman.

'Alexander Amaechi' he murmured to himself as he read through something on the screen.

Tarasha seized the moment to study the physical appearance of her target very well. She also studied the office and figured out the position of the camera. The window was also large enough to escape through after killing the man but the barrier was the burglary proof metals.

'I heard you only arrived in Nigeria few days ago, hope you didn't have issues locating this place?'

'Dare helped me, he brought me here' she answered.

'Your Dad is a very good businessman. I wonder why I've never heard of him before.'

Evelyn smiled back. 'He's kind of based in Canada and doesn't really do business outside of North America'

'I see... So what attracted him to us here?' Jubril asked.

'I' she replied. 'I had a business idea and shared it with him and he liked it. I told him I'll like to travel to Nigeria and he agreed'

'He agreed? You look too young to handle a big business idea '

Evelyn smiled. 'I might be young but when it comes to business and investments. I'm a very mature lady'

'Hmm...I see' Jubril paused for a while and tapped his pen on the table before he continued. 'So does that mean we're dealing with you directly?'

'Something like that, but I'm still working under the cover of my Dad's company so he's gonna be involved too'

'I want to get it right' the man said as he adjusted on the seat. 'Are working with you as another firm or with AA Ltd, your father's firm?'

Evelyn smiled, she was impressed by the man's quick action in gathering information about her supposed father, Alexander Amaechi and the company. Vladislav, the Russian had done the great job of organizing the trick after the last video chat she had with him.

'My father's firm'. She blinked. 'Let's just say I'm their representative'

'Why don't you just do it with your own name?' The man relaxed in the swivel as he asked. 'I believe you are planning to develop your own brand, don't you think it will be nice if your brand is first to market our kind of cotton in Canada?'

'Hmm...' Evelyn stared thoughtfully.

'I think it will give the new brand a quick image boost' Jubril quickly added.

'I already thought about something like this sir'. Evelyn began, mentioning each word slowly. 'But the challenge I may have now is getting a license to import into Canada. The laws there are kind if strict on new firms'

'That's where your Dad comes in' Jubril leaned forward. 'You can register under his umbrella for now and pull out when you're strong enough'

Evelyn heaved a sigh and rested back into her seat, considering the man's suggestion. After some seconds she sat up again.

'I'll discuss it with my father' she said with a smile, in a concluding manner. 'Let's discuss the real deal now'

'Oh yea, sure' Jubril obliged

'Mr Henry' Sylvester called as he walked into his office. Henry was already seated on the visitors seat, waiting for him.

'Good morning Mr Sylvester.' Henry stood up and extended his hand to the man.

'Good morning Mr Henry, how are you doing today?' Sylvester replied, taking Henry's hand in his.

'Fine, thanks' Henry answered as Sylvester walked to his seat.

'So, whats new?' Sylvester questioned as he sat down.

'Nothing is new'. Henry said bluntly.

Sylvester looked up and stared at his face. 'We can't locate the bug manufacturer' Henry continued. 'But the manufacturer can locate us'

'What do you mean?' Sylvester placed his hands on the table.

'Every connection has been caught off by the manufacturers already, we can only trace it to them if the manufacturer decides to reconnect' Henry explained.

Sylvester shook his head in frustration, unable to let out any word as his mouth opened and closed again.

'I'm afraid they would not connect again. I mean why should they? They no longer need the bug for anything, I'm sure they have several of it'

'So are you saying there's nothing we can do?' Sylvester asked, vibrating.

'Yes, except the manufacturer decides to connect back to it' Henry continued boldly. 'And when we sense any connection... ' Henry paused and stared at the man's face.

'When we sense any connection?' Sylvester asked eagerly.

'It would be a trap, the Assassins would trap us the same way Robin was trapped' Henry stated.

Sylvester breathed heavily. He placed his hand on his head in a sorrowful manner, murmuring words to himself.

'Is anything the problem?' Henry asked with a note of concern in his voice.

'Everything is.' Sylvester answered. 'My job is at stake here'

Henry laughed. 'Come on sir, stop being a "sisi" ,don't let the government push you around like a toy'

Sylvester looked up to his face as if to ask for more explanation. 'Yeah' Henry continued. 'I thought you work was to make sure the surveillance cameras security are not hacked again?'

'Yes, but how do we do it if we can't locate the source'

'Sir?? Henry stared into his face. 'Do you know that other countries, including America have related cases too? No other country has made so much progress like we've done in the investigation of this case, so the government cannot do anything to you, they should be thanking you for your efforts'

Sylvester remained silent and kept his eyes on Henry.

'See what I've got here.' Henry dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out a tiny metal chip. 'This is the material used to send audio and video signals to the manufacturer's server'

Sylvester watched keenly and listened with rapt attention. He stretched his hand to receive the chip and it was placed in the middle of his palms. 'This looks strange' he said.

'It's not Nigerian, I'm sure it was made outside Nigeria' Henry added.

'Or could it have been made in Nigeria here by a foreigner' Sylvester suggested.

'Yes, that's another likely possibility'

'I think the perpetrator of these crimes are not Nigerians. For the fact that it's even happening in other countries' Sylvester said.

'True.' Henry nodded as he reasoned Sylvester's suggestion. 'There has to be a connection'

'Well, that's the police's job' Sylvester quickly added. 'Let's find a way to stop the breaks in the camera transmission that has been occurring'

Henry heaved a relief sigh as he got into the driver's seat. His meeting with Mr Sylvester finally ended on a good note. He picked up his phone to check the time, it was one o'clock noon. His mind drifted slowly to Evelyn. He stretched to pick his laptop from the back seat and placed it on his lap as he pressed the boot button. After about three minutes, he dialed Evelyn's phone number.

'Hello' Evelyn's voice came up.

'Hi Evelyn, how are you?' Henry began excitedly, punching some keys on the laptop keyboard.

'Fine' she answered dryly.

'Where are you now?' Henry asked.

'I'm in my house'

'Are... you... sure?' He pronounced one after the other as he got her location on the laptop. "Ely Max Hotel" was the location spotted, it was just fifteen minutes drive from where Henry was.

'Yes... Why are you asking?'

'Nothing really'

'Okay'

'Yea... I'll be waiting for you outside the hotel in twenty minutes time, would you let us meet?'

'What hotel?'

'The one you're in, ElyMax, I know you're not at home'

'Oh... How did you know where I was?' She asked with a chuckle.

'Never mind for now. I may tell you if you agree to meet with me'

'Okay, but let's meet in the hotel, I don't want to go out, we can stay in the restaurant and talk' Evelyn suggested.

'Hmm... Nigeria girls, she wants to eat so she asks for a date in the restaurant' Henry smiled as he murmured to himself.  'No problem' he said aloud.

...to be continued

read today's episode : www.youngicee..com

5 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Joizy(f): 8:25am On Dec 22, 2015
9ce.kip it cumin oyin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
hehe. omo. i dy feel u o
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by melekan(m): 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
can't believe have been away for so long.oyin ma man fire on....
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by DandyPearl(f): 7:43am On Dec 23, 2015
Chai! See as I carry last sha! But thank God iyaff reach.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tarasha - Chapter 10 Pt 2

**20 minutes later * *

Tarasha carefully observed her image formed in the mirror as she posed in front of it in her pink mini gown. Her makeup was well done to match her the attachment used to plait her hair and her dressing as a whole.

Her phone rang as she picked her bag to walk out of the room. Dare was calling.

'Hello' she said in a low tone, she wasn't expecting his call.

'Hello Evelyn, I'm on my way. Let's have lunch' Dare spoke hastily.

'Huh? Dare, we can't...' She was still talking when the call ended.

She paused for a while to think of her next step. Henry just called that he was already waiting for her and now, Dare was also coming for her.

'Well, it'll work together' she said to herself and headed to the restaurant.

*5 mins later *

Henry and Evelyn sat opposite each other on the table as they awaited the return of the waiter.

'So are you really shy or you're just pretending?' Henry broke the silence.

Evelyn chuckled as she turned to face him. 'Do I look like a shy person to you?' She asked in a melodious manner.

'No, not at all.' Henry gave a short laugh. 'I never knew you could sing too'

'I don't sing.' She said and relaxed back into her seat, giving enough space for the waiter to serve them.

Henry gave a look at Evelyn as he watched the attendant serve, he was surprised that she only ordered for drinks. He continued after the waiter left. 'Are you new in this city? Or what are you doing in a hotel?' He suddenly changed the subject.

'I'm new' she answered with a smile. 'I've spent almost a week here, I'm came to do business'

'Ok... Where are you based?' Henry rolled his eyeball.

'Canada, with my parents'

'Oh! I see. I was thinking you were just one of our linguist here, your English doesn't sound Nigerian'

Tarasha chuckled. 'For how long were you in Canada?' Henry continued.

'Over ten years of my life' she replied. 'My parents relocated there when I was at a very young age'

Henry paused and shook his head from side to side in a doubtful manner as he murmured 'Canada, Canada, Canada. Your English doesn't really sound North American either'

Tarasha's phone rang, interrupting their conversion. 'Please, excuse me' she said before answering the call.

'I'm in the restaurant' she answered the caller's question. 'With a friend... Yes, come over'

She ended the call and stared into Henry's face in a pleading manner. 'I'm sorry, a friend of mine wants to see me'

'It's okay' Henry sounded indifferent. 'Let's make an order since you already asked the person to come here'

'Don't bother, maybe when he comes' Tarasha said. 'He doesn't really take soft drinks or juice'

'Ok.' Henry felt strange as she revealed her visitor was a male.

'So you can have friends?' Henry continued in an attempt to make the atmosphere lively until the visitor comes.

'What do you mean?' She laughed. 'Everybody has friends'

'Is that so?' He laughed too. 'You sometimes look too serious to have friends'

'How?'

'How? Except for today, you don't look as m friendly as this on the other days I met you'

'Hmmm'

'Or you're not always friendly to strangers?'

'No... I'm friendly to anyone I can be friendly to'

'But the day we first met. The day I bumped into you in the gadgets shop, you were...' He paused. 'You responded in a very harsh manner and ...'

'And even reported you to soldiers' Evelyn completed his statement. Her face turned dull. 'I wasn't really in a good mood that day, I'm sorry and you were...' She stopped.

'I was what?' He demanded anxiously.

'You were scary that day. The way you followed after me got me really scared'

'I thought I knew you from somewhere before. Sorry about that'

'It's okay. I should be the one apologizing' She held his hand which was placed on the table.

Henry laughed suddenly, shaking his head side to side. 'What?' Evelyn asked with a surprise smile.

'It's just funny remembering what happened that day' Henry raised up his head to face her. 'What did you tell those guys that day? They were not even ready to listen to me'

Tarasha joined in the laughter. 'Did they hurt you so much?'

'Not too much, a friend came to my rescue'

'I'm sorry' she said holding his two hands on the table in a manner.

'Its okay.' He smiled.

'I have a question to ask you.' She said after taking a sip and relaxing back into the seat.

'Yes, what question is that?'

'How did you know my location? Have you been following be around?' She gave him a serious look.

The question met him unprepared. The juice spilled from the glass cup he took a sip from as he coughed. He cleaned his mouth with an handkerchief and apologized.

Evelyn stared at him indifferently. She handed him tissue paper to clean the table and continued to stare at him with waiting eyes.

'I... I have not been stalking you' he managed to say. 'In fact, I'll never try that after what happened before'

'Okay, how then did you know my location?' She cut in impatiently.

'I...' Henry was looking for words to say when he got distracted by Evelyn's eye movement. He turned back to see a guy staring at them from few metres away, a look of discontentment was on his face. The guy slowly approached them.

'Your friend?' Henry whispered as Dare came nearer.

'Good evening' Dare greeted as he added a third seat to the table.

'Welcome Dare, meet Henry. Henry, Dare ' Evelyn introduced both guys to each other.

Dare struggled to turn and look at Henry's face, Henry already extended his hand to him. Dare was about to take his hand hesitatingly when they recognised each other. Two longtime enemies had just met again.

**flashback **

8 years ago

Dare stormed into the house in a furious manner. He stopped at the living room and to stare at his two friends playing a video game, they both stated back at him in surprise, the look in their eyes demanded an explanation for his attitude. He ignored the duo and proceeded to his room.

He returned in few seconds, holding a pistol. He was about to dash out of the house when he was blocked by one of his friends.

'Where do you think you're going to with that thing in broad daylight?' Julius questioned, pointing to the gun in Dare's hand.

'Julius, leave the way' Dare replied in an angry manner.

'Leave which way? Give me the gun first' Julius ordered.

'Julius, leave the way now. I have to drop the two of them'

'Abeg, give me something jare' Julius dragged the gun from him unexpectedly and pushed him to the floor.

'You want to implicate the rest of us? You don't even know how to use a gun well yet' Julius fired as he returned back to his gaming position.

'Julius' Dare grumbled as he got up from the floor. He clenched his first and teeth as he stood in between the gamers and the television.

'What is wrong with you?' Julius barked. He shook his head furiously and gave a calm down signal to the other friend who was about to flare up.

Julius and Justice were three hundred level students of the university while Dare was an hundred level student. Dare's wealth, father's influence and frequent clubbing were what attracted Julius to lure him into the fraternity just after the first semester.

Dare did not go through the rigorous initiation process as he was seen as an "Ajebutter" and his money was really needed in the fraternity at that time, so the leaders of the group did not bother.

Just three weeks after his "gentle initiation" , Dare began to behave in an unrestrained manner.

'Jennifer dared to lie to me, she said she doesn't want to have a boyfriend now and I'm found her passionately hugging another guy' Dare lamented.

Julius stared at him awkwardly. 'Is that all?'

Justice picked his bag, hissed and shook his head before leaving the sitting room.

2 days later

The scar faced guy zipped his button and put on back his trouser. He spat on Jennifer who was panting heavily on the floor, he never knew he wouldn't enjoy having sex with a virgin. Her clothes were torn off her body, her legs were widely spread and tied apart with different ropes, her hands were also tied in the same manner.

Dare bent to have a last quickie but was slapped on the back by the third guy. 'Is it not okay?' he whispered angrily. 'Let's get out of here'

Henry's vision was still blur as he was still suffering from the impact of the butt of the gun on the back of his head, but he could clearly recognise Dare who he had met before. His sister, Jennifer had also told him that Dare was asking her out.

As soon as the rapists left, he turned his face to the direction where his only sister was tied and was panting heavily. He managed to get up after a few staggers , his vision was still very blur as he proceeded towards her. She was already having an asthmatic attack.

He frantically searched through her torn clothes for the inhaler but it was nowhere to be found. Tears flowed down his eyes as he watched his sister struggling for her life helplessly.

Shakily, he got up and struggled to untie the ropes. It was after four minutes he was able to cut off the ropes. His sister had stopped breathing.

...to be continued

Visit the blog to read latest and old episodes.

www.youngicee..com

3 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ibukunholuwa(f): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
Dis guy doesn't knw who he's dealing wit.Nice one oyin.Compliment of the season everyone
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by nimat158(f): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
I guess its dare nd his father will die same day nd b4 friday.A BIG HANDSHAKE TO OYINPRINCE
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 7:19am On Dec 24, 2015
Morning Oyin nice job
lonq days i am unable to comment Ur bloq nd here more like b4 cus man nor gat ph again so til i gat wish hpy xmas nd prosperous new year
henry i pity tho
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by SPDAZZY(f): 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
Well done Oyinprince. You are really killing it.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
**PRESENT**

'My sister died that day and till date, I've not been really able to stop missing her. We were so close, always found moving together when it wasn't school or work time' Henry fought back tears as he narrated the story to Evelyn in his car.

Evelyn placed a palm on his shoulder, she stared into his eyes as she thought of what to say to him. What bothered her mind most was that her plan hadn't worked out, she wouldn't have allowed them meet each other if she had any idea that they were enemies.
Still, she wasn't feeling any pity about Henry's sister's loss, but she had to make herself feel something so that the acting could go on smoothly.

'I understand how you feel but didn't you take any step to report the matter?' She managed to say.

'I did, but there was no proof. My parents even had to pay for damages as ordered by the court. His father was a very influential man then, so it was easy for him to go scot free'

'What about the two other guys?' Evelyn asked.

'I couldn't recognise them, I'm sure I would have seen them with Dare after then but I couldn't point accusing fingers when I wasn't sure' Henry explained. 'Dare was later withdrawn from the school by his father before the next semester and was sent to restart his university education overseas'

'Hmm' Evelyn sighed.

'My sister's death doesn't really hurt me as much as the manner at which she died' Henry continued. 'She died in a most horrible manner, they stole her dignity which she held in high esteem and after then took her life'

Evelyn helped Henry cleaned his face as drop of tears rolled down his face. She really wondered how he felt. And what dignity was he talking about? She frowned.

Well... She and numerous other girls were molested sexually for several years by uncountable ruthless men in the Nefary Clan in the most brutal way. Rape meant nothing significant to her anymore.

'Sorry I had to make you meet an enemy, I never knew Dare was that kind of person' Evelyn apologized.

'It's okay, I forgave him a long time ago' Henry muttered.

'You've forgiven him?' Evelyn seemed surprised. To her and the Nefary Clan, forgiveness was a sin. Those who forgive are weak and deserving of death

'Yes'

'You don't want to get back at him?' She stared into his eyes, a strange kind of emotion began to overwhelm her. 'You don't feel like making him pay? Or making sure he dies too?'

'No, I'll rather act like God. God doesn't kill even when you wrong him, he still loves you'

'Naaaah...' Evelyn suddenly screamed and flung the door open. 'god is a killer and love doesn't exist'

'What? ' Henry got out of the car, shocked by Evelyn's new display. 'What do you mean?'

Tarasha was dumbfounded. Even she was shocked at her outburst. A button had been pushed, her emotions weren't dead, some elements of feelings still remained in her.

'Are you okay, Evelyn?' Henry moved closer to her. She was the one who needed consoling now.
'Please, can you get in?' He motioned her back into the car and winded up the windows, cutting away the stares of several onlookers in the garden.

++++

Dare threw his phone angrily on the sofa as he stormed into the living room. The maid that opened the door for him had quickly hid herself to avoid receiving his anger.

He never knew he was going to ever meet Henry again. He had stopped involving himself in cultic activities since he started the new university in the united kingdom. He had also dropped his other vices, of course except for partying, alcoholism and womanising, those ones were inbuilt "talents".

Henry had suddenly showed up now that he had decided to drop womanising and partying as he already started developing feelings for Evelyn. He wished they had gunned down Henry that day. He suggested it to his friends but Julius refused, advising him that the way to really punish people was to leave them to feel their pains after the torment.

He bit his lips in anger as he sat briefly on the sofa, loosening his shirt buttons. He had to act quick and act wisely. Killing Henry now would make Evelyn dread him more or even testify against him, he was sure that Henry would have told her about his bad deeds after he stormed out of the restaurant immediately.

Maybe he wouldn't have stormed out in that manner, he could have waited and tried to pick up a conversation with Henry in pretence that they did not know each other and deny the accusation vehemently of Henry tried to raise any. Or he could have been the one to stay and would have allowed Henry to leave and then feed Evelyn lies about him. But it was too late, he had already acted like a criminal caught red handed.

He scratched his head. Henry had to die, and Evelyn too. He thanked God his feelings for Evelyn had not developed into something big, he could still do without her.

Moreover, she was a friend to his enemy and a friend to his enemy was also his enemy.

'Hello Afo' he said into the phone. 'Meet me at my house in the next twenty minutes. I have a job for you'

Chief Jubril sat comfortably into the leather sofa, skimming through the Weekly Sun newspaper. The newspaper was just a distraction, his mind was on something else. He was thinking about the event of the whole day.

AA Ltd according to his research would be a very good partner to do business with. It would further improve the image of his own companies in the international sight. The only thing that troubled his mind now was his doubts about Evelyn. She could just be an impostor claiming to be Alexander Amaechi's daughter. He needed to find a way to confirm her story.

He smiled as his thoughts drifted to his son. The boy must really be 'jobless' for him to leave his own company matters and accompany someone else to do business. He wished his son could just have investment ideas like this Evelyn seemed to have, he would just make his own billions in few years. But his son wanted to become a lawyer, he was even studying law before he withdrew him from the Nigerian university after suspecting that he had begun to move with bad guys.

He picked his phone and dialed a number as another thought flashed across his mind. He bit his lips, waiting for the call to be answered.

'Hey Afo' he hailed and smiled at the response. 'Were you at the office today? ... okay, there was a lady who came to the office with Dare, I want you to keep an eye on her from tomorrow. I want to be know her movement'

He heaved a sigh of satisfaction as he dropped the call. No one could play pranks with him in Nigeria, the country is his domain.

++++

'Who's that?' Dare asked the haggard looking Afo who just ended a call.

'It's one of my clients' Afo hid the truth from him.

'Ok...' Dare continued. 'There's this girl I've been going around with recently, have you seen her with me?'

'The one you came to Chief Jubril's office with?' Afo asked.

'Exactly' Dare nodded in affirmation. 'I want her dead... and there's this guy following her around now'

Afo exhaled deeply as he thought about compiling the father and son's job together. The father wanted the girl monitored while the son wanted her killed. Whatever beef was between the girl and the family was not his business, he only needed their monies.

Dare racked his brain trying to put together what best description would tge second target. He remembered that he saw Henry's ID card hung on his neck. 'His name is Henry, he works with the cameras security corps' he explained.

'You don't have his picture?'

'No, you have to do that job. When you find out someone who you suspect to be him, send me his picture for confirmation.' Dare said and got up to leave.

'How do you want the job done? Should we hide away their bodies or leave it in public?'

'Let the bodies never be found' Dare stated. 'I want them killed on the same day and it must happen before Friday'

... to be continued

Merry Christmas to you..

Read latest update here : www.youngicee..com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Mere Christmas. I love you guys

Make una drop una comments abeg.
Christmas bonus dey here. youngicee..nl/2015/12/christmas-bonus.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Joizy(f): 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmmm.nawa 2 father nd son o.merry xmas oyin mre ink 2 ya pen.merry xmas fellaz nd a prosperous new year in advance
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by virtuedagirl(f): 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Oyinprince tanks 4 d update.i'm enjoying d story plus d twists. Merry Christmast&a blessed 2016
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by latbas(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2015
dis is getting interesting.m suspecting henry changing something in tarasha's life.kudos to u bro.loving the twist in the story
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by fam24(f): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyinprince:
Mere Christmas. I love you guys

Make una drop una comments abeg.

Christmas bonus dey here. youngicee..nl/2015/12/christmas-bonus.html?m=1
well done. I was not able to comment on your blog. Can one answer the questions here to redeem the christmas prize? Thanks
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by DandyPearl(f): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2015
Double wahala for dead body undecided Happy new year in Adv famz. Can't wait for more updates!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.