Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (473772 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by chade(f): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2015
dis is more dan a block buster,it is a MInd BUSTER....u r just too gud...ride on bro.....God gat ur back..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by MhizPwitty(f): 11:02am On Dec 03, 2015
Weldone Broh... You are indeed a genius... Keep em' up! Ah need more of et...
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by ogoo25(f): 11:34am On Dec 03, 2015
I just dey jejely following this intrigued story on your blog. I read INSEPERABLE too. The truth is that i love your stories, they keep you at the edge. You are doing great bro, keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
Wonderful!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Missmossy(f): 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Yes oo DandyPearl am here too grin

Oyinprince hope all is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 11:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
Oyin harmattan don come hope if not so y u know come updates? if that I get advice o just buy versicilin cream dey rub am with ur body and some update will come then
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Itzsegzy(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2015
nycs story ave been following silently from prolouge more inspiration to ur mind nd more mb to ur data
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
ohboy. oyin! i seriously bow for you! you just got a new follower. . . . . . . . . buh man! how come you can write like this eh? wheres ur juju. nice one bruh
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
Good News!!! In case you missed any episode, you can now get it HERE

**LASPOTECH, Lagos **

'Aisha Temitope Bello was a student of this school truly' the secretary began her well prepared explanation to the officers. 'She was admitted in 2023 and she finished her national diploma program in 2025, since then she has not returned to collect her ND result nor take the Higher national diploma form'

'Is that all you have for us?' James stared at her awkwardly as he asked.

'That's all I think you may need' the secretary replied.

James tried his best not to let out a hiss, but he was obviously pissed off by the lady as she could only dig out such little information after delaying their investigation for more than a week. 'Tell or show us all you've got, let us be the ones to pick what we need'

'Okay, no problem' the secretary said and looked into a paper. She cleared her throat before she began to mention out points.

'She was a student of the business administration department, her matriculation number was ND/23/FT/BA/35. She finished the ND program with a distinction grade. She was also involved in school politics and sports. She contested for the post of the "Sports Director 2" and won, she ruled for one year with the other sport director and they won several trophies for the school during their tenure. Aisha herself participated in the Ladies football team and captained the team, they came out second place in the Nigeria Polytechnics Cup 2024. She...'

'It's okay' James stopped her after communicating something with his eyes to Sandra who was seated opposite him. 'Did any of her friends come back for HND?'

'I don't know any of her friends' the secretary replied bluntly.

'Can't you help us find out?' James inquired.

'I can but you have to come back some other time'

'What?? Come back again?' James couldn't believe his ears, maybe it would take the lady a month now to help them find who Aisha's likely friends were and if they returned for the HND program .

'Yes, there's nothing I can do now' the secretary replied lazily.

'Well, I think I know what's happening here' James spoke angrily. 'You know this Aisha and you're only trying to cover up for her'

'No o' the naive secretary seemed terrified by James' prank.

'Then why are you hiding her and taking so long to give us information about her?' James asked, wondering how she quickly fell for his threat. He had expected her to respond boldly back to him, he decided to take advantage of the situation.

'Okay, I will find out and tell you when you come back by tomorrow'

'No, now!' James barked. 'Do something now'

'Excuse me' an elderly man who was the Head of the business administration department came out of his office. 'You can't be shouting at here like that, what's the matter?'

'Tell your secretary to stop aiding criminals and give us the information we need' James answered him.

'Yes, what's the matter?' The Head of department turned to his secretary.

'Sir, they've come to gather information about Aishat Bello, the assassination suspect who was a student of this school seven years ago'

'So?'

'They want me to find out about her friends' she added.

'And she told us to come back again' James quickly put in. 'We need to conclude our investigation this week for God sake. We are giving the suspect enough time to escape by delaying the matter'

The man turned back to his secretary, he let out a deep breath and shook his head sideways before talking. 'How are you planning to know who her friends were?'

'I don't know yet'

'You were not monitoring her, were you? What you can do is to fish out all available information about those with close matriculation numbers to hers, they should know more about her'

+++++++++++

**Kubwa, Abuja**

'Welcome Boss' Cole greeted as Tarasha walked in.

'Weldone' she responded without taking a look at him. She dragged the centre table with her and sank into a sofa adjacent to Cole's. She emptied the contents of the bag on the table.

'Any useful information now?' She asked Cole before getting up.

'No, no other information' he replied as he picked up the laptop from the sofa and placed it on his lap.  'But I've gathered enough information about his son'

'I'll be right back'  Tarasha excused herself and walked away from the common room. She returned three minutes later in a blue sleeveless top and pair of comfortable Jean trousers with a black leather bag in her hands. She returned where she was previously seated and removed some of the tools from the bag.

'So what option do we have?' She asked as she hit a small hammer on a computer gadget.

'Huh?' Cole couldn't hear as a result of the noise from Tarasha's work.

'What's our option?' Tarasha repeated. She began to pick out some chips from the destroyed gadget.

'His first son is the only way we can get close to him' Cole answered. 'The man has been kind of surreptitious of recent'

Tarasha was quiet for a moment, the man's recent secrecy was a known fact to her. Jubril Lawal, as if anticipating something evil had not been seen in public places recently. His visits to government officials and public figures had always been in secrets.

'Dare Lawal is a terrible womanizer and he frequents nightclubs in the city' Cole began, looking straight into Tarasha eyes. 'He visits Oriental Club every third Friday of the month'

'Friday is too far, we can't wait till then'

'Maybe we should trace him from work then' Cole said, he got up from the seat and adjusted his belt properly. 'He is the CEO of his Dad's retailing firm here in Abuja but he doesn't really do anything. He closes by 4pm everyday and most of the times chill out with friends before heading home'

'Going somewhere' Tarasha responded to his movement. 'Does he live with his father?'

'No, he does not but he visits his father's house almost every week' Cole moved away the table blocking his way. 'Please excuse me, I need to ease myself'

'It's okay' Tarasha permitted. An alert note sounded in her brain as she watched him walk away, she was allowing him handle too much already. She needed to confirm the information he had given her before working with it, so as not to run into error.

'I brought this for you' Aisha's voice sounded softly as she served Tarasha wine in a Champagne glass. She made a little groan as she bent to hand over the cup to Tarasha, her belly wound had not healed completely yet.

Tarasha took the cup from her silently, she properly scrutinized the drink first, she took another look at Aisha's face as if to ask if she could trust her.

Aisha quickly looked away from those eyes staring at her. Tarasha had the same look on her face that day she was given a death scare. She remember vividly how she vibrated when Benny cocked the gun, hot urine escaped down the bed immediately.

**Flashback **

Benny closed his eyes as he pulled the trigger. Aisha heard the gunshot sound. Then her body was being carried away by unknown forces, to heaven, she thought. Not until the bed she was laying on hit the wall, then she realized that her bed had been rolled away before the bullet was released and the bullet had penetrated into somewhere else.

Cole and Benny who were surprised turned to look at Tarasha's face immediately, they met a smile which made them more confused . They could not tell the reason Tarasha acted that script.

One of the legs of Aisha's bed which had tyres for easy movement had been tied with a long rope to stop its movement. Tarasha cut the rope when she was sure that the trigger was going to be pulled.

Benny was about to barg out of the lab when Tarasha spoke, he paused. 'You would have died if you didn't obey, I wouldn't have let you live one more second'

He looked at her face for some seconds before proceeding out of the lab, Cole followed suit.

'You'll remain as a cook with us but you'll not be able to go out as you used to do' Tarasha said to Aisha before leaving the lab.

Unknown to them, Tarasha had other plans. To her, if Benny could attempt to kill Aisha on her order, then he would do the job when she asks him for the head of Don, his former boss.

Tarasha walked back to the living room to get the medicines she got for Aisha. She wondered how Benny and Cole really thought she wanted Aisha to be killed. She wouldn't have gotten the drugs if she wanted the girl dead, she already knew Aisha was wanted by the police before she set out to get the drugs. Well, if Aisha was killed or not, her lifespan had been cut short by the bullets already.

** Present **

'Thank you' she said with a smile and took a sip of the wine. Aisha walked away.

Benny came in few minutes later, he was sweating and looked dusty, the harmattan breeze had not been nice on him.

'Good day Boss' he greeted as he dropped a bag carefully in front of Tarasha, beside the table where she had her gadgets.

'What do we have here?' Tarasha bent to open the bag.

'I got all you requested for except the "Walther PPK" revolver' Benny answered.

Tarasha hissed. 'I still have one with me I can use though' she closed the bag. 'You can take it in'

Cole walked back into the common room and met Benny, he tapped him on the shoulder. 'How far?'

'I'm cool' Benny replied as he dragged the bag away.

'What's this Boss?' Cole expressed surprise on a look at the table where Tarasha was working on. He was amazed at the speed she used to convert the bought devices to her own manufactured ones.

'This, is a tracking device that can be implanted under the skin' she displayed a very tiny pill-like material to him. She raised up another one that looked like a gun, 'we use this to implant it'

++++++++

'I'll make sure they pay for it' Sylvester cursed loudly. He sat on a stool beside the hospital bed where Henry was sitting, a bandage was wrapped round Henry's arm.

Henry hissed. 'It's okay, thank God you came at the right time, it would have been worse'

'What did you do to them?' Sylvester asked again, a question Henry was not willing to answer.

Henry had made up his mind for a thanksgiving service in church the next Sunday. He who had heard several stories about the brutality of soldiers on civilians on several occasions had only partly believed the story. He had a friend with a gentle nature who was also in the force, his friend didn't look like a brutal person. Henry concluded that only the wicked ones amongst them were brutal to ordinary people.

The ones he had met that day were more than wicked, they gave him only a little room for explanation before they began to use the whips on him. What had aggravated the matter was Henry's identity card that was nowhere to be found, he could have gotten away by proving that he was working for a security agency.

The two soldiers that addressed him wasted no time in landing the whips six times on his body as he delayed obeying their order to kneel down.

'You wan go rape am?' One of the mean looking huge soldiers had accused him of attempted rape.

'No , I saw something suspicious with her and was only trying to investigate' Henry had lied to save himself, but there was no ID card to support his claim.

He received a total of six whips, three slaps and had done frog jump for about fifteen minutes when Sylvester came to his rescue. Sylvester had coincidentally seen the event through the surveillance camera's transmission.

'Take this two tablets, twice a day. This, one tablet thrice a day. And this, three tablets every six hours' a Doctor explained how to use the drugs to Henry.

'Don't bother, I'll read the instructions myself' Henry snatched the drugs jacket from the Doctor impatiently, he wondered why so much drugs should be administered to him for just something little. 'Is that all? Can I leave now?'

'Yes that's all, you can leave'

'Thank you' Henry got up and left with Sylvester immediately.

'You still haven't told me what happened with you and the soldiers' Sylvester troubled him again as they settled into the car. 'I want to know what action to take'

'Thank you for saving me sir, I don't think it's necessary to take any action. I'll tell you what happened later' Henry hesitatingly answered. 'We need to go back to the office now to check for my ID card. I have my MasterCard too in the pack'

'I'm not sure you forgot it in the office, I saw you put it in the front pocket of your shirt'

'Then where could it be?' Henry searched his pockets again. His phone rang out, interrupting him, he didn't know where it was.

'Here' Sylvester handed over the phone to him from the back seat.  He started the car engine.

'Hello, are you Henry Ekene' A voice asked.

'Who's this please?' Henry replied with a question.

'We found a pack containing some cards in our company, Seginet Computer International, your phone number was on it'

'Huh?' Realization hit Henry, it must have dropped when he almost collided into the strange lady. He frantically searched through his pocket for the bug, it wasn't there.

... to be continued.

Read today's episode here -
www.youngicee..com

7 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
Thanks
chade , tombravo, itzsegzy, Maggielovely , ogoo25 , MhizPwitty , DandyPearl , Ipheyemmy01 , domido, proneurojosh, oghenekome51 , Royalmic24

Thanks for your comments, Keep em coming

Missmossy , Aprilwise , Osman , donkross1 , orijintv , labaski , Bofemsky , rocksteady1 , rukkydelta , totalhouse , kingphilip

I see you guys, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
I wanted to update in Wednesday as I had typed about 50% of this new update as then. I decided to make it longer, but then I had a little health challenge and couldn't type until this morning again. Next update should be on Tuesday or Wednesday, gotta do laundry now

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Godwinfriz(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2015
[right][/right][color=#770077][/color]great writeup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by kingphilip(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
Oyinprince:
I wanted to update in Wednesday as I had typed about 50% of this new update as then. I decided to make it longer, but then I had a little health challenge and couldn't type until this morning again. Next update should be on Tuesday or Wednesday, gotta do laundry now
sorry boss hope you feel better now.. expecting the next update

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Itzsegzy(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
I just dey follow lyk one of d 12 diciples wey dey follow jesus bros nyc to waitn fo next episode coolI just dey follow lyk one of d 12 diciples wey dey follow jesus bros nyc to waitn fo next episode

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
boss! i dey ur back. im really loving this story. seems like tarasha and that henry guy wil be entangled in loveeeee.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2015
since u have explain what happened I pardon u keep it rolling niqqa
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by saraphina(f): 10:40am On Dec 06, 2015
I doff my hat for u @Oyinprince...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
The story is an awesome one, based on a mixture of tragedy and humor, your mechanical accuracy and intellect is really outstanding, I can say that you are one of the rare gens that Nigeria needs, the story actually captivated my heart making me wildly in need for the next update, your sense of style and the characters in the story gives one a reason to continue, as well each activity is either directly or indirectly linked making it an awesome web of information.

I cannot complete my story without correcting your frequent wastage of time before updating, this will actually kill the hunger and craving we have to read more, I will advise that you upload a little bit faster.

I'm giving this chapter a 4.2/5 star rating

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by DandyPearl(f): 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
I dey your back like an hunch. Still I follow. Get well soon though. Its the harmattan I think.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by MerryMe1(f): 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
UPDATE: OPENING DATE: 1ST DECEMBER 2015.
DEADLINE: 5th FEBRUARY 2016
ABOUT NAWOT:
The Nelson Adeyeye Writers Of Today(NAWOT) is an online competition that is organized by Sandra Adeyeye C.E.O of Eminent Creators in honor of her late father Mr. Nelson Adeyeye as a way to encourage the writing and reading culture of the Nigerian youth.
This competition promises to be an exciting and uplifting showcase of well-laid out Prose that promotes creativity at it's peak.
AWARDS:
There shall be a selection of the best twenty stories by our judges. These shall make up our anthology other prizes to be won include but are not restricted to:
Best writer Romance Category - 15,000
Best writer Science Fiction and Fantasy Category - 15,000
Best writer Mystery and Horror Category - 15,000
Best writer Action and Thriller Category - 15,000
Other consolation prizes, a copy of the anthology and other books shall follow.
RULES AND REGULATION:
In order to be eligible, participants are to note the following guidelines as regards submission of entries.
1) Participant must be a Nigerian youth between the ages of 16 - 30 years.
2) Participant must send a mail containing a black and white passport photograph, age, sex, phone numbers, email and facebook i.d in a separate mail from the mail bearing his entry.
3) Entry to be submitted must be Prose, original work of participant and must be an unpublished work, not submitted for any publication during the period of this competition.
NOTE: entry should not bear author's name on it. Just the title and the word count.
4) Entry must be between a 1,500 (minimum) - 2,500 (maximum) word count. Entries must be complete, concise and bear a comprehensive plot, i.e a beginning, middle and an end (no season). Entry font should be Arial size 12 and double spaced.
NOTE: subject of mail should signify what category the author is entering his story. No entries in PDF format will be accepted.
5) Participants can compete in four categories during this competition. I.e every writer is entitled to four entries per competition. Science fiction/fantasy category, mystery/horror category, action/thriller category and romance category.
NOTE: each entry attracts a fee of #1,000.
6) Every entry must have an attachment of the scanned bank draft which has the title of the submission boldly written on it.
Account name: Eminent Creators
Account number: 0201029142
Bank: Gtbank.
7) Every entry must be in English language, with minimal usage of vernacular; and if unavoidably used, must be explained as a footnote for better understanding.
cool All entries must be submitted to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com on or before 5 February 2016 (late entries will attract an extra fee of 500). Date for the prize-giving ceremony shall be communicated to participants via mail.
MODE OF SELECTION:
Participants will have excerpts from their stories displayed on our blog and Facebook page for voting by our public audience within a span of two weeks. Excerpts with the highest votes/comments within that period shall scale through to the next stage of selection.
Final announcement of the winners shall be left to the jurisdiction of the competition's in-house judges whose decisions shall be Binding and Final.
Finally: Writers retain the rights to the stories they submit for the NAWOT competition. The twenty winning stories are published as an anthology and open for purchase after the launching. After that, the winning authors are free to publish anywhere, as long as due credit is given to the NAWOT competition and/or Eminent Creators. Eminent Creators staff and NAWOT team members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Good luck.

Signed:
Hillary Zita Successa
For the competition department.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
Welcome back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Uncleluke1(m): 7:40am On Dec 07, 2015
Hmmmm.... This one wey Tarasha dn enta Kubwa for Abuja, I pray mk i no go jam her o...
Oyinprince, may ur oil neva go dry.. Shout Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by poshestmina(f): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2015
Finally grin...I loooooooove this story kiss..Please update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by segsbenks(m): 8:27am On Dec 09, 2015
abeg bros oyin d latest episode of Tarasha no dey ur blog na, abi na me no see am.

y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 9:19am On Dec 09, 2015
Hi guys, thanks for the comments. keep em coming

New update drops today
... I'll try my best to update as frequent as possible
segsbenks:
abeg bros oyin d latest episode of Tarasha no dey ur blog na, abi na me no see am.

y

Its there, maybe not on the front page anymore
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
15/01/2015

**4.15pm **

'That girl is damn wild!' Dare laughed loudly as he got into the driver's side of the car. 'I had to beg her to stop because she wouldn't get tired, she just kept on riding without pity'

He cleaned his face with a white handkerchief as he paused to listen. He loosened his tie and took it off his neck, opening the two top buttons of his collared shirt. His eyes met with the scar on his forehead through the front mirror as he relaxed back in the seat.

He had gotten the scar two months ago when he got himself drunk to stupor on his birthday. He had attempted to pull the shirt of one of his friend's invitees to the party and she responded by pushing him violently away, not minding that he was the celebrant of the day. He hit his head on a table beside  them. Since then, his face had been disfigured with the black scar.

'OK, I agree I'm not strong' he began with another round of laughter. 'Just get me someone better this Friday night'

He rounded up the call in few seconds and started the car engine, he wasted some more seconds to fasten his seat belt before proceeding to drive out of the company's gate.

He received salutations from other employees as he drove out and face the main road. He had driven for only one minute when his eyes met something attractive. He smacked his lips and took a deep breath as he fixed his eyes on the sexy legs walking up the road.

'Hello Pretty, where are you going to?' He pulled up close to her.

'Sir?' She pretended not to hear as she bent down to look into the car.

'What way are you going to?' He took another deep breath as he viewed her breast neatly packaged in the cleavage showing dress.

'Bello road' she answered and stared at him in anticipation.

'I'm going to Bello road too' he lied with a big smile on his face. 'Let me help you'

'Thanks' Tarasha replied and opened the door quickly.

'You're welcome' he responded.

Tarasha heaved a sigh of relief as she sat in. She was already tired of waiting for him outside the gate. She has tried to trap him also the day before and waited at that same point for him, only for him to drive happily by without taking any look at her side, it seemed his mind was disturbed the other day.

This was the only trick that Tarasha could play this time as going to his office could revealed her identity after the operation. The company had been studied and it was found to have several security measures that could keep records of her visit. Trying to break and corrupt their security devices would only waste more time, so Tarasha opted for the option of getting him to notice her on the road.

'Can we go sir?' She said to the stunned Dare who waa still feeding his eyes on her thighs sheepishly.

'Oh sure' he replied like he was caught unawares and started the driving.

'Thank you' Tarasha said again.

'No thanks. God would have gotten angry with me if I had refused to help an Angel. I did it for myself' he replied, putting a smile on her face. 'So where were you heading to in Bello road?'

'Lorita restaurant' she answered.

'For lunch, I guess?' He took a quick glance at his wristwatch.

'Yea, kind of'

'Wow!' He exclaimed. 'So who's this lucky guy who's opportuned to take you out for lunch?'

'No one, I'm going alone'

'Alone?' His eyes widened in disbelief.

'Yes, alone' she replied firmly.

'Okay, your boyfriend is coming to meet you there ' he voiced out his assumption.

'No, I'm going alone' she repeated. 'I'm new in Abuja and I've got no friends yet, I came to do business'

'Are you kidding me?' He talked with so much excitement. 'I hope you won't mind if I join you'

'Of course, you're welcome'

'Wow! ' he smiled happily.

'Why didn't I even check here?' Henry laughed at himself as he tossed the bug on the table. He remembered arguing about itbwith the attendants at the computer company when he had gone for his ID card. He insisted that they would have found it the same way they found the card and that one of the workers had taken it for himself because it was seen as a special type of bug. He totally forgot that he went to the company with a bag.

He picked up the bug and brought it close to his eyes to scrutinize again. He sighed and shook his head in a negative manner. He had to dismantle the device and check the components before making any reasonable conclusion.

What he planned to do was to learn the working techniques of the device, that would help him avoid getting into a trap like Robin Kahn did. Then he would be able to trace the real address from whatever trap was set.

'The last time I saw Daniel was last year's December, here in Oshodi, in this street' the plumpy girl explained to the two officers seated in front of her. 'He was with a girl I know to be called Franca'

'Okay, did you guys talk when you saw?' James asked.

' No, he acted like he didn't see me'  Bose replied. 'We didn't use to really greet in school, our  matriculation numbers were just close because we registered at almost the same time'

'And Aisha registered at the same time with you too?'

'Yes, she registered after Daniel'

'Okay, are you sure he saw you?' James inquired

'Yes, he did' she gave a quick reply.

James paused for a moment, he scanned through all he noted down in his tablet device. 'You said they were dating in school'

'I didn't say they were dating' Bose refuted. 'I said they were so close that people assumed that they were, Aisha said they weren't'

'I thought you said you were not close to Aisha, how did she tell you they weren't dating?' James asked with suspicion in his voice.

'You see' she began her explanation. 'Aisha was a sportswoman, she was loved by everyone. The only reason some people stayed far from her was get association with Daniel. Daniel was a rough guy, believed to be a deadly cultist but that assertion wasn't proven. So everyone except teammates maintained a distance from Aisha, they could only speak with her briefly when she wasn't around Daniel or his friends'

'So he was already dreaded in year two?' James raised a brow.

'Yes, as a matter of fact, there were rumors that he was already a committed member of the cult before he gained admission'

'Hmm, serious' James nodded his head slowly and took a glance at Sandra. 'Do you know where we can find this Daniel?'

'No, I don't have any idea' she replied.

'What about the girl you saw him with?'

'She lives down the street, I can show you to her house'

'So Evelyn, what part of Nigeria are you from?' Dare asked as he took a bite of the chicken. They were seated opposite each other in the restaurant on a table for two.

'Rivers State' she answered, 'my parents are from Orogbum'

'Orogbum' Dare corrected her pronunciation, he gave her a suspicious look. 'You don't even know how to pronounce the name of your town?'

Evelyn quickly put up a bright smile, 'I wasn't born or brought up here so you can't blame me'

'I see. I've been to Orogbum before for a friend's mother burial' he paused and stared at her face. 'What part of Canada did you stay?'

'Ontario' she took a sip of the fruit juice and rested back in the chair.

'Hmm, cool. So what brought you back to Nigeria? '

'I told you earlier that I came to do business'

'Business?' He started stared at her in disbelief.

'Yes, business. To invest in the many opportunities here'

He gave a broad smile, 'I like that, it's very rare to see young girls talking business in this part of the world'

She replied with a chuckle. She took another sip from the glass cup.

'Ain't you eating again?' He stared at the remnant of the food in front of her.

'I'm full' she smiled.

'Come on' he cleaned his oily lips with a tissue paper. 'You've not even taken up to five bites'

'I'm full' she insisted

'Or you want something else?'

'No, thanks' she took a glance at the wristwatch and exclaimed. 'Oh! I have to leave now' she said and hurriedly grabbed her bag.

'Why?' He asked

'I have an appointment with my Dad online in forty minutes time'

'I see...'

'Yeah'

'Let me drive you home' he offered, getting up from his seat.

'No, thanks. Don't bother, I've troubled you a lot already'

'You don't have a choice' he said mockingly. 'Do you know how to get back home?'

'Of course' she laughed heartily. 'How do you think I know this restaurant? I've been briefed about this city and I also have the map' she displayed something on her phone's screen to him.

He smiled. 'Well, I insist on taking you home'

'Alright, I agree' she eyed him playfully and took the lead.

He licked his lips and rubbed his palms together as he had a view of her behind once again. He caught up with her and they walked silently to the car. He opened the door for her to sit first before entering into the driver's side.

'So where are you staying exactly? Where's your house?' He asked before starting the car engine.

She smiled. 'I don't have a house yet, I'm planning to pay for a property next week, I'm in a hotel for now'

'What?? That means you don't have somewhere to stay?' He glanced at her as he began to drive.

'I just told you I stay in a hotel'

'And you're comfortable there?'

'What? Why not?' She wiped her hair backwards. 'I'm not staying there for too long'

'I can help you get your own property this week, a very good one' he said

'No thanks. My Dad specified what he wants me to get'

'We can get something of the same kind' he persisted.

'OK, let's see what you can offer' she gave in. 'Tell me about this weather' she changed the topic of discussion.

'It's harmattan. It was harsher than this two days ago, it's gradually subsiding' he grinned. 'Hope it has not been bad on you'

'Not at all. I'm putting on a sleeveless short gown, it doesn't seem cold to me. I only hate the dust'

He smiled. 'You hate the dust?'

'Yeah'. She looked at him funnily.

'You're lucky that everywhere is tarred in this city. If you get to the rough side of the country, your whole body would be covered by dust already'

'Wow! Is it that bad?'

'We don't see it as bad anymore, it's just one of our seasons'

'What season does cotton grow here?' She suddenly changed the topic again.

'Hmm...' He scratched his beards. 'I don't really know but I can find out for you. Why do you ask?'

'I'm into the cotton business and I hear the industry here is big. I'm looking for a good company to partner with' Evelyn explained.

'You're into the cotton business?' His eyes widened as he asked.

'Yes, do you anybody who is also involved in it? Or any company?'

'Yes, I know' he started joyfully. 'My father has the largest cotton firm in the whole nation. Julal Limited'

'Your father is Jubril Lawal?' Her eyes widened in surprise as she exclaimed.

'Yes, he's my father' he stated proudly.

'Who do you say you were looking for?' A middle aged woman walked into the living room with her teenage son who went to call her.

'Is Franca your daughter?' James asked.

'Yes, she is' the woman put on a serious look as she placed a hand on her chest.

'We need to see her concerning one of her friends' James continued. 'We are from the police headquarters'

'Eh! ' the woman began an unforeseen wailing, adjusting her head tie as she sniffed.

'Calm down madam, let's hear you well' James urged, as he couldn't hear what she was saying amidst tears.

'My daughter has left this house since the thirty first day of December and has not returned since then' she repeated.

'Where did she say she was going to?' James enquired.

'She only said she was going to see her friend'

'Which of her friends?'

'She did not specify, she said she wasn't going to stay long'

'Has this been reported to the police?'

'Yes, it has. They've questioned all her friends that we know but no one seems to know where she is'

'Have they questioned her friend Daniel?'

'Who is Daniel ?' She asked ignorantly.

'You don't know Daniel?'

'None of her friends bear that name'

James turned to look at Sandra to come in with an explanation. 'Daniel is very tall, he's dark and not too slim'

The woman looked more confused at the explanation. 'He came here with her on the thirtieth of this December' Sandra put in.

The Woman looked at her son standing beside her for affirmation or denial. 'I don't know if he came to the house with her but I saw them walking on the street' Sandra quickly added.

'Yes, I saw her with a stranger that day' the light skinned teenage boy joined in. 'But they did not stay together for long'

'The person was a total stranger?' James turned to the boy.

He affirmed by nodding his head. 'Was he a stranger to Franca too?'

'I think he was her Facebook friend. I overheard them saying something like that'

'What's Franca's Facebook ID' James brought out his phone and began to type into it.

16/01/2031

**7am**

Henry looked sober in his room. His head rested on his two palms that were clasped together as he mumbled some words under his breath. He had just finished listening to a salvation message by popular Nigerian televangelist , Chris Oyakhilome and had been fired up from inside. Though he was a Christian, he wasn't a committed one. Now, his mind had just been awoken again to the love of God and how why he should be passionate about God.

His phone rang, disturbing his prayers. He switched it off immediately and hid it under his pillow. He picked up the bible on the stool in front of him and began to flip through the pages, he was unsure of where to stop. He turned back to the concordance and located the word "love", he began a more intensive study on it.

'Make sure it is organized before this afternoon' Tarasha said, looking into the laptop screen.

'Sure, I'll get it done' the reply came in a thick Russian accent.

Tarasha closed the video calls application and shut down the laptop. The landline in the room rang aloud.

'Hello'

'Good evening Miss Evelyn, A man by the name Dare Lawal is waiting for you' a voice came through.

'Thank you, I'll be down shortly' she said and dropped the call.

She catwalked to the mirror and viewed herself one more time. She was looking perfectly okay in her blue trouser suit, more importantly she looked business minded.

She picked her handbag and proceeded out of the room. She got to the reception in two minutes.

'Hi' Dare smiled and got up as he spotted her. 'Good morning'

'Good morning.' She smiled back.

'How was your night?' He extended his hand to her.

'Perfect, how about you?'

'Awesome' he said and placed a gently kiss on the back of her palm. 'I was thinking about you all night'

'Really?'

'Yeah. It's like I never met someone as beautiful as you are before'

'Oh! That's sweet' she blushed, getting her acting skills perfectly.

'Anything for an angel' he grinned. He arranged the tip of his suit properly before taking her hands in his. 'Shall we?' He smiled and ushered her forward with his other hand.

'So what part of the city are you taking me to?' Evelyn asked as they walked out of the hotel.

'Asokoro. There are lots of apartment you'll like there'

'Alright, let's see' she gave a bright smile as she stepped into the car.

'You will like it, my Dad stays there. You'll be able to see him often and partner well with him' he said before closing the door. He smiled as he turned to the driver's seat. His concern wasn't her partnership with his father. He was so focused on getting in between her thighs that he wouldn't have raised any doubt if all she had told me about herself the last night didn't sound authentic.

... to be continued

Don't forget to drop a comment

New Update: www.youngicee..com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Missmossy(f): 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
Enthralling update cheesy you are doing such a wonderful job Oyinprince. Kudos, keep it coming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by SPDAZZY(f): 7:43am On Dec 11, 2015
Oyinprince:
This story is about a Lady Assassin who was trained in Russia, specially skilled in the art and carrying out the job with no fears, restraints or apologies.

She became so powerful and was greatly feared by several of her male counterparts, including some of the masters who trained her. She hated so many things, God was number one on her hatred list.

She came down to Nigeria and was still involved in her profession until she met someone who was willing to help her start a new life.
But people from the past came into her life bringing back old memories. Then she met her match, another fierce assassin

http://youngicee..com/2015/08/tarasha-31082015.html?m=1

Hello Oyinprince, it's my birthday and all I ask for is an update on Tarasha on your blog. Please wink

Thanks, keep it up
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by SPDAZZY(f): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2015
Oyinprince:
This story is about a Lady Assassin who was trained in Russia, specially skilled in the art and carrying out the job with no fears, restraints or apologies.

She became so powerful and was greatly feared by several of her male counterparts, including some of the masters who trained her. She hated so many things, God was number one on her hatred list.

She came down to Nigeria and was still involved in her profession until she met someone who was willing to help her start a new life.
But people from the past came into her life bringing back old memories. Then she met her match, another fierce assassin

http://youngicee..com/2015/08/tarasha-31082015.html?m=1

Hello Oyinprince, it's my birthday and all I ask for is an update on Tarasha on your blog. Please wink

Thanks, keep it up!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
17/01/2031

'BN 10354' Henry read aloud to himself as he studied the makeup of a particular chip on his laptop. He took a deep breath she cleared his throat. This code number was a strange one.

'Encrypt XL

<< -- t.a.r-- n.e.f -- >>
Run script = enter '

His laptop screen displayed the above in a pop up window. He quickly wrote them in a jotter.

What the codes meant was a mystery to him but he was sure that the key words, 'TAR' and 'NEF' referred to something very important that would be of use in his research.

He took a sip of wine from his glass cup and relaxed back into his seat to think deeply. This method of encrypting used by the manufacturer of the blog was more tedious to read than the computer machine language. He wondered where a criminal could have gotten such level of technological knowledge from. He was sure that the person was highly educated and not just a petty app developer, he was also certain that the person did not get his or her education in Nigeria. What baffled him was the fact that someone with so much intelligence and knowledge had decided to use it negatively. Such great knowledge could have been used to improve the country and the information technology world at large, instead of it being used to carry out assassinations.

He got up and stretched himself, he walked to the window and opened the curtains, it was evening and the sun was gradually setting. He had worked all day without even remembering to take his lunch. It was time to take a little break, he decided to take a stroll round the street but then remembered that he also needed to get something from the office.

He hurriedly put on his football jersey and pocketed his car key, setting out to kill two birds with a stone.

'Damn it!' Don cursed scattering the books on his table angrily. He took another look at the newspaper lying on the floor again, his picture was printed boldly on it with the word "WANTED" written boldly below it. A compensation of three million naira was also promised to anyone who had information about him.

He was not really angry or scared about t the police's search for him. His domain was enough for him to hide for several years without them getting any clue of his location. His anger was based on the fact that their search for him would dissuade his clients from associating and bringing jobs to him.

He picked up the newspaper again. "Wanted: Daniel Ogbighe. Criminal: suspected to be in Samantha Osman and Aisha Bello's gang" he slammed it on the floor. He paced about angrily.

When he released the information on Aisha's location to the police, he didn't think that it could backfire like this. He had forgotten of his escapades with Aisha right from the polytechnic and when they had both dropped out. He never imagined that she could ever be traced to him.

He was also confused about how the police connected Aisha Bello's case to Franca who he had recently murdered. Franca had been one of his secret informant and sex partner for years after they met with each other in a night club. Things had gone bad between them when Sandra began to demand for more money from him. The rest is history.

'Stone' he spoke into his phone. 'I'm coming over to Cameroon tomorrow'

'You sound tensed. What's wrong Don?' A faint voice asked from the other end.

'I'll explain to you later' Don replied. 'I have to leave this country for a while.

'You can't get me to start arranging for you without giving me a valid reason' the voice replied more confidently.

'What the hell is wrong with you Stone?' Don replied in an angry tone.

'Tell me what the matter is' Stone replied, unperturbed.

'Okay, I'm wanted in this country now. My pictures and names are all over the media. Do you get it?' Don said in a firm voice.

Stone laughed. 'Is that's what's sending you out of the country?' He said in a mocking manner.

'What do you mean?'

'See, if you don't have anything to say other than this joke, allow me go and do something better'

'Damn! I'm serious man'

'You can't be serious man, you mean you're running away from your domain just because the police declared you wanted? Haven't your influence grown at all?'

'You don't get it' Don scratched his head. 'I want to see you for some other things too, I need you to help me against an enemy '

'Okay' Stone voice sounded more considerate. 'Who is this enemy that's getting you on your toes?'

'Tarasha' Don let out a deep breath as he mentioned the name. 'She's really a pain in my butt'

'Tarasha?? A she? I never heard that name before' Stone said half laughing. 'Is she one of these new amateur assassins?'

'No, she's different...' Don gave a quick reply but was cut short by Stone.

'Or one of your numerous side chicks that has learnt your dirty secret?' Stone added.

'No not that' Don refuted quickly. 'Have you heard about Samantha Osman?'

'Samantha Osman?' Stone raised his voice. 'That name is all over the world news'

'Yeah, it is'

'Isn't it the same Samantha Osman associated with top profile assassinations?' Stone asked again to be sure.

'Yes, her real name is Tarasha' Don answered.

'Wow! How did you get involved with her?' Stone sounded somehow excited. 'That chick would be a hell of a machine to work with'

'Stop that' Don slammed, getting angry by Stone's excited tone. 'She's my enemy, she's after me'

'I see' Stone sighed. 'We'll talk more when you come over, I'll prepare for your arrival'

** 6pm **

Cole mimed along with the songs playing from his IPod as he waited patiently in the car. He glanced at his wristwatch again, he had waited for exactly one hour thirty minutes. His eyes finally caught a glimpse of Tarasha through the side mirror walking briskly towards the car. She was still dressed in the blue suit which she went out in with Dare.

She entered the backseat twenty seconds later. Her eyes met with Cole's through the front mirror. He quietly passed a brief case from the front seat to her at the back.

'How was today Boss?' Cole finally broke tge silence.

'Pleasant' Tarasha replied in a tiny feminine voice that surprised Cole, he had never heard her talk like that. He remained silent , amazed at her acting skills as he watched her open the case check its content.

The person he knew was a Bossy Tarasha who gave orders, now she was acting as Evelyn, a young carefree and normal chick.

'How did it go with Dare?' He asked.

'Fine, he's cooperating' she gave a short reply as she continued searching the brief case.

'Alright boss'

'Dare is still coming to pick me for dinner tonight, so we're rolling fine' she said. 'You guys should get set to work'

'Hmm' Cole was speechless.

'Thanks for this' Tarasha said after closing the briefcase. 'It's accurate'

Cole smiled.

'We'll talk on phone' Tarasha spoke and got out of the car. She walked straight back in the direction she came from. Cole also zoomed off in the opposite direction.

Tarasha had just walked for about six minutes when she noticed a car pulling up beside her. The driver pushed the horn, she looked back.

'Someone needs a ride?' Henry called to her with a mischievous smile.

She continued walking, he drove slowly behind her. 'I've forgiven you for all your wrongs, let's be friends '

Tarasha kept on walking without looking at him again. He increased his speed and parked in front of her, she stopped behind the car and waited defensively for him as he proceeded out of the car.

'Hey! Trying to run away?' he twisted his face as he taunted her, walking slowly towards her. She remain silent. 'It's my day, what do you think? Are you scared? He added.

She stared at him and bit her lips. She took a deep breath and tried to walk away, he blocked her. She paused again and stared into his face, she tried to feign a frustration remark on her face.

'I work on this street and I've got lotsnof friends and supporters here, I could take revenge on you now for all you've done to mw' he continued. She remained quiet and looked around to see who was watching. She waited for seconds before attempting to walk away again. The brief case hit Henry's leg.

'Ouch! That hurts' he rubbed his knee. 'What do we have in there?' He pointed at the case, still standing in her way.

'Will you let me go please?' Tarasha said in a pleading voice and hid the case behind her.

'I won't let you go until I get soldiers to trash you like you did to me' he threatened.

She made no reply. Henry picked his phone and feigned a phone call.

'I repent. No revenge but you must grant me a date' he finally said.

'I'm not, just let me go' she replied stubbornly.

'Then, let's settle the case with the police' he threatened, pointing to a nearby station.

'Yes, that's better' she replied confidently. 'Let's see what case you have to present'

'Oh! I see you're bold' he exclaimed, surprised by her confidence. He picked up his phone and dialed a number. 'Mr. Sylvester, I just found the lady that made me go through torment in the hands of the soldiers and we're on our way to the A-Division to report ourselves'

He pushed the phone back into his trousers' pocket. 'Let's see how you'll escape' Henry said boldly. He narrowed his gaze to the brief case as she hid it behind her again. 'I know you have some exhibits there'

'Henry!' She called his name to his surprise. 'Do you know it would cost me nothing to get you into trouble again?'

Henry stood dumbfounded at the sound of his name. Where in the world did she learn his name from? Had they really met somewhere before? He recalled that he had that feeling when he collided into her at the gadgets store.

'How do you know my name?' Henry asked, squinting at her.

'Huh?' Tarasha seemed surprised too. She had made a mistake of thinking he remembered her from their encounter at the Lagos Ibadan expressway.

'How did you know my name?' He repeated

'Huh? I saw it there' she pointed at a book placed by the window at the backside of the car. He turned back.

'You saw my name on that book from here?' He questioned in disbelief.

'Yes, isn't it bold enough?' She asked. Luckily enough for her, Henry's name was written behind the jersey he wore, so she changed her strategy. 'It's all over you, how do you expect me not to know?'

'You are lying'

'Damn! Of course I am lying. Can't you think?' She said in a provocative manner. 'Henry is written boldly behind your shirt and even on the collar and you're asking me where I got your name from'

Henry took a deep breath. He felt foolish as he recalled that his name was on his jersey but he still had some doubts in his heart.

'Can I go now?' Tarasha made to leave.

'No, let me know your name at least' he stopped. 'I'm Henry, I work here at the cameras security operation' he said in a more pleasant manner.

'Oh!' Tarasha sighed and smiled as he exposed himself. She might need him to get some things done in regards of camera security.

'You?' He demanded for her name.

'I'm Evelyn' she replied at last. 'I'm a business woman'

'Sounds nice' he smiled for the first time. She smiled back. 'So can I give you a lift to your location?'

'No please, don't bother' she pleaded. 'My car is parked just nearby'

'I could drive you where the car is parked' he insisted.

'That wouldn't be necessary' she smiled. 'We could meet some other time' she said and brought out her phone.

He brought out his too, expecting that she was going to call out her number. She didn't disappoint this time. He stored the number with the name Evelyn and walked her to where her car was parked.

... To be continued

Don't leave without dropping your comment

Read latest update here : www.youngicee..com

4 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
SPDAZZY:

Thanks, keep it up!
Happy Birthday Dear! You've got it

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by SPDAZZY(f): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
Oyinprince:
Happy Birthday Dear! You've got it

Thanks a bunch. You are da bomb! smiley smiley smiley

So happy now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.