Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,099 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (66255 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by sweetgala(m): 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tashaamania:

The nonentity might turn out to be Mr. right. I'm just saying..
She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.

You sound like a devil incarnate, that new guy is nothing but a distraction.

The OP makes it very clear that she loves her fiancé and trust him to be her God sent. Many of us in long term relationships tend to loose track when something interesting and new comes along. But in the long term it's ni t the real thing and it can never last or give true happiness

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by dj4wealth: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.

My dear, go on with wedding. Such feelings do come but you have to master it and also overcome.
My courtship was 6.5 yrs, towards wedding things were falling apart. In fact I lost my job, more ladies were showing interest in me but I was determined. The rest became history. Presently, God has done it big time. We looked back and laugh.

The new guy you mentioned is mere "flashing" o my sister.

It is ephemeral!!!

Be watchful.

12 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by happney65: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Women.Bunch of confused,stupid Elements..I dont pity them and i dont advise them..They simply walk with their heads and dont know what they want..Abeg OP,Dont marry your Guy..Infact Kill him and marry this new Guy and you would live happily ever after..If na Guy do this kain thing,na so so talk say we be Bad people we go dey hear..Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Platnum1:
Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.

God bless this lady, 1000000likes

4 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Mintayo(m): 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
cococandy:
Cold feet before a wedding is normal as it is a big nay huge and permanent life decision. You wonder if this decision will be worth it.
So yes doubts are okay. But if you can't pinpoint any particular thing wrong with the guy, then you don't really have any problems. Nobody is ever 100percent sure until they start living day to day with the person.

As for the new guy, pls don't make any decisions because of him. I have zero trust for anyone who would go out with someone that's already in a committed relationship. If you leave your man for him, he won't trust you not to leave him for someone else.
I so much like this your post. Personally,I would not trust a lady like the Op. Smh

6 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
MarvellousGod:
You're planning your wedding and you're cheating? So horrible. . I really pity your fiancé.

Why don't you break up with him instead of cheating? Which may even continue after marriage....

Then, don't be so sure of the second guy because you just met him and it's normal to be so lovey-dovey, with time your eyes may clear or not.....

All d best in your decision. ... Just be careful cos it's a life decision. ..

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by eherbal(m): 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
Satan has a way making some stories not happily ever after wink
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by donifez(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
you are having a wedding for God sake,have you tried having a heart to heart talk with your man.
What you are facing now to me is emotion displacement,you found a new man (toy) so it is more fun for now.

5years is not 5days.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by sabdaz: 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
Seriously?...... This is why our grand parents and parents have lasting relationships than us nowadays. After you have sucked all the juice in the name of courtship for 5 years, why won't you wanna go for a new guy? See, no home is perfect. We should all have endurance, tolerance and patience. Remember your first one month with your fiancé, you felt the same way you are feeling now. Even on your wedding day, you will still see a more attaractive guy other than your groom.

I just pity you..... Let go of your fiancé and begin again.... Then, your fiancé now may not be as rich as you will be but, may be happier.

Or maybe God wants to answer the prayers of now fiancé (May God give me the wife that will love me for who I am and give me a happy home) in your now fiance's voice...

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by espn(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tashaamania:

She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.
a known devil is better than an unknown Jesus.. you have been with someone for 5yrs without having doubts..now you are about getting married and you have started having doubt..haba..no conscience with our ladies dis days..why on earth would you even give that kind of space to another guy few months to ur wedding..it shows how unfaithful she can be..
My advice: kindly call off the wedding go for the new guy..i can assure you he will sleep with you and move..who says he wouldn't keep distance from you on th long run..what guarantee he is going to marry you.
OP let your 5yrs bf move on with his life. I am convinced you will end up slipn with that guy or some other guys after getting married. Infidelity at its peak! Bleep marriage..oloju kokoro alainitelorun gals..

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by PrinceDave001(m): 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=Platnum1 post=37567125]Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.[/quote 100% on point
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by baby124: 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
Flee from the distraction in your life. Trust me he has nothing to offer you. Focus on that good man, call him to order and resolve whatever issues. Cut off all communication with this new guy. Delete him from your life and move on. you will regret it if you don't face the direction of your life now.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Acidosis(m): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
the price you pay for double dating grin

More confusions for this mistress I pray Oh Lord!!!! grin

6 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kpaofame: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
Give it a thought

Call off the Marriage since you are already adrift from your fiance of 5 years...

Follow the New Catch....a school of thot says if you really love a person you wont love another....

Maybe after 5 years or 3 years wit the New Guy u wll come across another guy that tickles the butterflies in your belly.....

Tis your life you know the Guys especially d first more than we can....so make a choice and live wit it...
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by flokii: 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

@OP come and marry me na grin..

m ready to start a family
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
duality:

No matter the reply you get here. DO NOT GO INTO MARRIAGE WITH ANY DOUBT

next
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by emmatok(m): 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
You are dumping the old guy you dated for 5 years, for a new guy you don't even know if he is married, you don't know his plans for your future.

I know you are thinking you're still young and your choices are much, hope you don't clock 35 still single and searching.

Go ask senior ladies who missed opportunities when they're younger. Today they are all chop n clean mouth.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ahuean2(m): 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
winkMy dear its usually like that. When we meet new people we tend to over rate them, even make promises, despise the old ones and look forward to a new begining sad. But the truth is that there's no new begining but just an extension of what has been. Few days to your wedding this should be the time you ought to be closer to your spouse to be, not making new friends, talk to him. shocked Five years is too much to waste on a 6ix month-old flirty relationship.
Be wise!!!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Daplux4: 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
I think u may be the cause why u are having issues
May be u started cheating lately, u better change and continue ur marrage plans or do u want to date the new guy for another five yrs
If none of the above be very careful because marrage is forever until death do u part
Don't jump into marriage because of material things and don't marry a man that always hit you
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Odunharry(m): 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't know why everyone is acting like there's no problem, OP there's a big problem and it's you, you are cheating while still planning to get married, you better just leave the young man you want to marry alone and sort yourself out, I wish he'd catch you, mschew.
a million likes for this honest comment...

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tashaamania:

how about the other guy who might just be innocent start talking up some other chic..... How do people reason these days. What a selfish post. She is in that state because she open her heart to the other guy.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by willibounce1(m): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
I just wish I knew this guy u have dated for 5years. I'll advice him to quit the marriage and marry a more reasonable lady.

OP, you are nothing but a freaking oloshi/olosho. How can you be loving another guy when you have agreed to marry one.

Oloriburuku lehin obirin emi sha. That's how you will marry the innocent guy and still be phuckin the new guy.

Na your type go dey phuck gate man when your husband no dey around. Yeediot!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by flokii: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

no mind these pple o...

D devil you know is better than the Angel you jst met..
What if d new one wants to chop you and clean mouth?
You better think so they wnt use you do yeye later

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
anwo247:
The OP is just another typical Nigerian girls who are known for unfaithfulness. .... yes be more and more confused because of your unfaithfulness. Mtchewwwwww

what I don't understand is y will a lady that is getting married to a guy very soon , Having another Guy ? and she still expect to luv d old 1.. I can't marry this lady

#Slot

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kingdenny(m): 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
now the devil has come knocking on your door if only you will resist the devil
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by great03(m): 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
LET D DEVIL THAT LEADS U GUIDE U.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Dadehmola: 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
I feel for the fiance sha ( if he's a good person )...

May God continue to keep him away from serial cheats & losers like the Op.

Madame, call it quits sharp sharp - That bros deserves a more beautiful & respectable lady who will love him till the end !!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by dblaisepascal(m): 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Kill the doubt,pls' don't get married

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Odunharry(m): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Acidosis:
the price you pay for double dating grin

More confusions for this mistress I pray Oh Lord!!!! grin
Buhahaha... bad nigga.
truth be told that lady no try at all, hanging out with another dude when she has a husband to be... we no even know if the new guy don enter the place ..

God go save guys from confused ladies like this and the Ladies too from time wasters

8 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by sulmeza(m): 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
2goodbobo:
You are distracted by the other guy that is why. Hence, the reason why anything your boyfriend does, do not excite you anymore.
What happens if you refuse to marry your boyfriend and go on with the new guy then after another five years you become tired of him?
will you dump him and go for another? between what makes you feel he is better than your boyfriend? The devil you know is better than
the angel you don't. Slap yourself out of that illusion you are having else you might end up having an egg on your face with this new guy.
wa shere...
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
op, u can always divorce na
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by InvertedHammer: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

/
New guy? Yes!

The beginning of a relationship is always the best.

You have strong feelings for the new guy. Does he have the same level of feelings for you?

Or is he just out for fun? People like that are masters of their 'game'

And they say, the grass always seems greener from the other side. Cave ne sedes.

Reality may end up kicking you in the rear end.

\

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / Ajibola and Adeboye Taiwo Welcome Sextuplets In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.