Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (66244 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by edward1984(m): 11:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
If there is doubt, something is wrong somewhere some how, If you go ahead marrying this guy especially now you are already disconnected, is like kicking a nail with you barefoot. Good luck.. peace out.

Visit my thread for extremely cheap/clean cars from Germany.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by onadana: 11:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.
[color=#006600][/color]

The grass will always look greener from the other side....spend 5years courting the new guy...then see the difference .Thank me later.Women....always complaining and never satisfied. cool
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by aimuan(m): 11:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

you said he's got everything u want in a man, what else attracting you ro the new guy?
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by xamuelotu(m): 11:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tashaamania:

The nonentity might turn out to be Mr. right. I'm just saying..
She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.
month to her marriage and ur advising her to weigh the option, after the young man has send invitation to friends and family u just won 2 disappoint him lyk dat.am jst surprise the men a given her better advice than her fellow woman

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

Sorry babe this is one decision you are going to take by yourself. it's you that can decide how you want to live your life. take care wink because truly if at this point you don't know what you want, then you prob shouldn't be married, that way you don't drag someone else into your confusion, when it comes to Marriage you just have to know this is what you want.

NOTE: Besides none of us want to held responsible for such grave decision, so like every other useless advice "just follow your heart"
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by MrBasketball: 11:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
Pidggin:

Are u a farmer?
This is damn funny. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Richardonald(m): 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
Setaje:
Hmmmn. Life is a gamble. For all we know this new guy might actually be the right man for u or u might just be lusting after something new. I must say though, anything that will make u not want to get married to someone u have planned to marry needs urgent attention. There are just two things to it, remove sentiments. It's either lust or something much more deeper you see in this new guy that your husband to be can't give u. U need to really tackle it o or else u would keep looking for this new guy even after you marry.

I hear of such cases a lot. Mostly for guys. They can't live their fiancee because they have stayed too long together meanwhile they seem to have just met their soul mate, but more often than not they end up cheating on their spouse after marriage wiv this new woman cus that feeling just don't go away. It doesn't. !

i sugest maybe d new guy na fine boy with small change u dont know say those guyz dey lyk magnet and dis gal don fall 4 trap

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by highmood(m): 11:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
cococandy:
Cold feet before a wedding is normal as it is a big nay huge and permanent life decision. You wonder if this decision will be worth it.
So yes doubts are okay. But if you can't pinpoint any particular thing wrong with the guy, then you don't really have any problems. Nobody is ever 100percent sure until they start living day to day with the person.

As for the new guy, pls don't make any decisions because of him. I have zero trust for anyone who would go out with someone that's already in a committed relationship. If you leave your man for him, he won't trust you not to leave him for someone else.
BEAUTIFUL
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by sukkot: 11:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
endeedike:
sister dont ever marry cos of the 5 yrs...go for your happiness..what is it about the new guy dat brings out the woman in you? look at his chances of settling down if truly dats where u heart is..ok bye
there is no such thing as happiness in life. happiness is a bus-stop and not a destination. life is a series of moments. sometimes you are sad and at times you are happy. so happiness does not lie with marrying any man. you can get to that bus-stop frequently if you can capture the spirit of contentment . so thats a very bad advice to give to that woman

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by TalkingBird: 12:00am On Sep 14, 2015
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by highmood(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't know why everyone is acting like there's no problem, OP there's a big problem and it's you, you are cheating while still planning to get married, you better just leave the young man you want to marry alone and sort yourself out, I wish he'd catch you, mschew.
nice. I am simply impressed that ladies are giving a candid advice. The underline truth again is that if she looses this, who knows when next the other will come. Maybe when she is middle 40.
For me, a bird in hand is worth a million in the sky. The devil u know too well miss o.p, is better than the angel u just met yesterday and mind you, Not all that glitters are gold. To the O.P, if you thinks you wants to give the other man a try, fine, but she shouldn't blame the devil.
I suspect the new guy may be a "wayo" guy or a tester grin. After he is done, he leaves the O.P in a very Cold regrets.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by toksbisola: 12:06am On Sep 14, 2015
@OP; tread carefully. YOU YOURSELF MADE THIS STATEMENT AND I QUOTE; “HE’S GOT EVERYTHING I WANT IN A MAN” If I may ask; then WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AGAIN?

For goodness sake, you have no business getting so close to another man; OWING TO THE FACT THAT YOUR WEDDING DATE HAS BEEN FIXED AND IT’S NOT AS IF YOU ARE STILL WAITING TO PICK A DATE. To make it worst, you’re also being dishonest by not telling the new man that you’re about to get married. From the look of things, you really don’t deserve your fiancé (No offence; hope none taken) as you’ll most likely break his heart. In fact you’ve ALREADY BROKEN HIS HEART BY SEEING ANOTHER MAN.

You’re not yet married to your fiancé and you’re already having doubts and opening your heart to another man. It is better for both of you to count your financial loss and shame before the wedding takes place; than when the wedding occurs, you both start misbehaving. In all, note that some people do have cold-feet to the period leading up to their wedding day but having a close relationship with another man who’s not your fiancé SHOULD BE A NO NO; as it is not what would calm your cold-feet; it’ll only make it worse.

You have not portrayed a good character by being so close with another man and when someone does something like this, they’re termed as “CHEATERS”. IN THEORY, YOU’RE CHEATING ON YOUR FIANCE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. It's not only when you’re caught red-handed before it becomes an avenue for cheating.

This other man you’re now so entangled with, will most likely use you and dumb you. He’s not a man of good character if you ask me; you know why, because he knows you’re already in a committed relationship and he is still coming after you. He really shouldn’t have encouraged you to continue with him. If he had good character, then he should have at least waited until you broke-up with your fiancé (If that’s what you want) before getting this close to you.

Now let me portray a scenario with this your new guy; how would your new man feel if another man is involved with his fiancée when he’s picked a wedding date already with her? I’m sure he would not like it one bit and he’ll raise dust if need be. Let him put himself in the position of your fiancé and take matters from there. The saying; DO ON TO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT DONE TO YOU comes to mind.

Don’t rush into anything CALLED MARRIAGE FOR NOW as you DON'T COME ACROSS AS SOMEONE WHO IS MENTALLY/EMOTIONAL READY TO TAKE THAT STEP YET. Having said that, maybe it'll be another option to have a heart to heart with your fiancé and align your fears and issues that you feel are occurring to hinder/distract your soon to be union.

Just a side note, something tells me if you go ahead with this marriage, and you start having issues with your husband, you might stray into the hands of another man. I HOPE I’M WRONG.

In all, people can only advice you about the pros and cons about going ahead with this marriage but can’t decide for you as only you can make that final decision. No one else would be there with you in your marital home as you’ll be the one who would live with whatever situation that arises whether you go ahead with the marriage or not.

Lastly, I’ll advice you to think very hard BEFORE GOING AHEAD WITH THE WEDDING; ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU’RE NOW HAVING DOUBTS. Let me remind you that MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES and a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

I rest my case.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Dadehmola: 12:07am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

@ all, the new guy or my man are not rich, just average guys. I met the new guy when my man and I had an issue and we didn't talk for almost 3 months and I thought that was the end even though we've agreed to marry before then.

Ofcourse, the ready-made excuse synonymous with loose girls like yourself...

Squig:

the wedding issue has been dragging on for a long time and I got fed up. I believe he's scared of losing me that is why he demanded we get married now.

Aha... See wahala oo

What exactly are you feeling like?? Cinderella?? Funniest thing be say e sure me die say you no too fine and you flat pass drawing board

Upon say you dey cheat, you even have the effontery to spew this kinda bullshit, you arrogant heifer!!

No be your fault anways...

Squig:

I'm not a bad person or cheat, my man was my first. I just feel this new guy really cares about me and he's optimistic about having me in his life.

you are a 2-timing, ungrateful babe who from all indications, isnt doing this for the 1st time.
I just hope your fiance didnt have unprotected sex with you.

Squig:

PS. the new guy doesn't know we've worked out our differences and we are not dating officially, we just spend a lot of time together and he's talking about getting married.

Olosho Alert!!!!

I hope the fiance finds out ASAP before he marries this Animashaun

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by omoikea(m): 12:07am On Sep 14, 2015
if your boyfriend still wants you, continue with the marriage to avoid stories that touch..

this new guy might not even have marriage plans for you, so don't lose at both sides.... play the game wisely

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by 400billionman: 12:08am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:
@ all, the new guy or my man are not rich, just average guys. I met the new guy when my man and I had an issue and we didn't talk for almost 3 months and I thought that was the end even though we've agreed to marry before then. the wedding issue has been dragging on for a long time and I got fed up. I believe he's scared of losing me that is why he demanded we get married now.

I'm not a bad person or cheat, my man was my first. I just feel this new guy really cares about me and he's optimistic about having me in his life.

PS. the new guy doesn't know we've worked out our differences and we are not dating officially, we just spend a lot of time together and he's talking about getting married.

Were you inside thesame town/state and didnt talk to your guy for 3 whole months ? shocked If yes, then your differences are too much. That relationship is sick.

When dating, such quarrels should not exceed one week before reconnection...

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 14, 2015
dee hoes aint loyal, it aint bout ow much u bn fvcking dem or ow much u been spending on dem. its just dis loose nut in their skull dat makes dem loose their mind all of a sudden n den hook up with someother guy. mehn fvck dat b3tch
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by sinisters(m): 12:16am On Sep 14, 2015
Watch this movie(Confession of a marriage counsellor ). Thank me later. That new guy ll break your heart faster than you think.
If you don't want your prayer to be looking for husband ,grab your ist guy.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by smooooooth: 12:19am On Sep 14, 2015
OP you na confirmed Olosho. I just feel sorry for your fiance not to have noticed in 5years. The day he marries you will be a curse because his life will be shortened by half.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nnacent(m): 12:22am On Sep 14, 2015
edward1984:
If there is doubt, something is wrong somewhere some how, If you go ahead marrying this guy especially now you are already disconnected, is like kicking a nail with you barefoot. Good luck.. peace out.

Visit my thread for extremely cheap/clean cars from Germany.
I doubt if u are married. My dear doubts at d last minute is jst so normal. One thing dat is worth knowing is dat marriage is about commitment and less of feeling. 5yrs and uve been fine is a clear indication dat ur marriage is God approved. Dont let dis last minute doubt affect anyting. Even after marriage u will still see people/couplea that will make u feel u made a mistake. But note:Marriage is committment. I got married in June this year, i am telling u my experience.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by edward1984(m): 12:26am On Sep 14, 2015
nnacent:

I doubt if u are married. My dear doubts at d last minute is jst so normal. One thing dat is worth knowing is dat marriage is about commitment and less of feeling. 5yrs and uve been fine is a clear indication dat ur marriage is God approved. Dont let dis last minute doubt affect anyting. Even after marriage u will still see people/couplea that will make u feel u made a mistake. But note:Marriage is committment. I got married in June this year, i am telling u my experience.

What about the fact she start seeing another guy ?
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by refreshrate: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2015
I don't get all this talk about OP talking to her husband to be.

God is answering the poor boys mothers prayer that he gets a good wife

OP don't mind then jare go after wetin dey hungry you.

If it was the boy now they'll say all men are dogs

What do we call this?

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by vulpeslopez(m): 12:29am On Sep 14, 2015
When the New guy is done screwing U,U will wake up from the fairytale dreams u have been having....Click LIKE if u think Op is a Cheat and SHARE if u think the new guy wan just use and dump her.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by prof22(m): 12:32am On Sep 14, 2015
Well, I'll tell you nothing but the truth, young lady, marriage is the best thing and it is better you do it with someone you know well. If u guys have been together for 5 years and you have "issues" now , come on "issues" is like the chorus of a song in marriage. You'll keep having it. When you have it there is just one option fix it. Never seek for another option FIX IT. Don't be stupid going for that nigga that just showed up ? Come he aint gonna give you the good life. You don't wanna come back here on NL telling us stories of how you lost your perfect man for that dude. I will personally be checking you here if I don't see your wedding pictures in the next two month you are in trouble. Leave that new guy. He's a walker. A passer by. He's an online guy always walking. He's not a stayer. I told you I'll tell you d truth. Ehn ehn answer ds questions jareee. Where is the wedding? How much is aso ebi? @profscomedy

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 14, 2015
vizkiz:
you see what I keep saying?

"Hoes everywhere" undecided

True talk my brother.

*in Juicy J's voice * These hoessssssssss, they for everybody
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Homguy(m): 12:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:
@ all, the new guy or my man are not rich, just average guys. I met the new guy when my man and I had an issue and we didn't talk for almost 3 months and I thought that was the end even though we've agreed to marry before then. the wedding issue has been dragging on for a long time and I got fed up. I believe he's scared of losing me that is why he demanded we get married now.

you are getting married yet spending a lot of time with someone else, hoes ! They just can't hide. No wonder there is a communication gap. Please leave your fiance for a better woman. These days I just HIT n RUN, I wonder if attitudes like this I read about would ever make me settle down. The poor guy no go know sey someone else dey smooch hin wife to be sad
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by 400billionman: 12:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Ephemmm:

The earlier you recognize the fact that love is a decision and not a feeling, the better for you. #haveyoudecided?#

This is one thing ladies never understand @ ur bolded comment.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 14, 2015
Tashaamania:

The nonentity might turn out to be Mr. right. I'm just saying..
She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.

Pardon me for quoting you. Your post beams wisdom and sensitivity. A relative of mine had this same premonition few months to her wedding but she ignored it and went ahead with the wedding. Today the marriage has fallen apart.

I remember how much I raised my voice like a weeping prophet before the wedding because of some dreadful signs. No one listened.

OP, you may want to postpone the wedding. Also speak with a counsellor as well as someone who can hear GOD clearly. Some steps of faith can be disastrous!

The shame of cancelling a wedding cannot be likened to the myriad of pains you live in when a marriage collapses.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by SleekyPosh(m): 12:38am On Sep 14, 2015
Truckpusher:
After spending 5 five good years kpanshing that guy . Omo! believe it or not the laws of dimishing return and over-familiarity has set in and the thrills of sex is no longer there but just routine and when she finally came to realize that she's about to be wifed,stuck with one diick for life she suddenly remembers that guy that has been trying to invade her Kumin Rukiki and in one last careless thought like the fish brained things they are, she is about to lose it all - All for a diick,just a diick. grin

Abeg make she talk another thing jare - All these ones na story for amadioha. grin cheesy

After all, five years is more than enough to figure out if you can live with someone for life. cheesy

Op wants a different action before being carried off to marital slavery. cheesy

Seconded!!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Bootylicious(f): 12:38am On Sep 14, 2015
House maids urgently needed in Oman, visa,ticket,accommodation,feeding,transportation, medical insurance provided by company. Consultancy charges upon sighting of visa 2B16E202
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Mekurexx: 12:39am On Sep 14, 2015
best advice so far. grin
raumdeuter:
Marry both of them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / Ajibola and Adeboye Taiwo Welcome Sextuplets In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.