Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (66239 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by BigBashiru: 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
even if OP calls off the weding. the first man no loose anything. the guy go simply go pursue new babe. its a mans world!

But for you OP, you are mid 20s; you dont have too much leverage in 5 years, it will be hard for you. u r borderline now.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Just because you like the new guy does not mean he would propose marriage to you... he might not even want marriage for the next 5 years.

Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Rexnegro(m): 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Use ur head ..only you no wat you want.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by AfroKnight: 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't know why everyone is acting like there's no problem, OP there's a big problem and it's you, you are cheating while still planning to get married, you better just leave the young man you want to marry alone and sort yourself out, I wish he'd catch you, mschew.
You said the simple truth. She is cheating! Chai!!! And she has the nerve to ask if she should continue or not.

Ewooo. Poor guy. Hope he gets to read this soon enough.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Zammydagreat(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
Platnum1:
Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.

You are blessing to this World. u said it perfectly well

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by muh4lyf(m): 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
This is the mistake ladie make, you met a guy, who wants to date you, you started telling him about your relationship, don't you know you are giving him clue to getting you... You are telling him to do what your fiancee is not doing... Be wise, if you stop that wedding moving ahead with that other guy, I can bet a 100% that you'd regret it.. Note: You are the problem cos you've allowed a 3rd party in your relationship... Make things right...

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by xamuelotu(m): 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Pls dnt go on with the marriage,maybe wen ur don dating dis new guy 4 another 5yrs u will meet another one that is better than him then u date for another 5yrs, wen u get to ur 50s I will tell u wat to do grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by geezyk(m): 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Why is it that once these ladies hear anything Marriage, their senses spins into overdrive OP should be between 21-25 and she feels shes being cheated into marriage, reason being that she hasn't enjoyed most of what her friends are enjoying, And those friends advising you will never tell you their own bitter part of the story which is going from one man to another.

What i see is this, You don't know how many people will kill to be in your shoes, Just wait till someone takes him away from you and then get stuck with Mr Nice guy, And after series upon series of kpanshing, He gets tired of you and sends you packing, Other Men repeats the process till you get to your late 30s, Then you will realize the jewel you lost which can never be retrieved or found again was actually made for you.. Na dat time you go sabi all church wey dey for naija, dey search miracle husband upandan..

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by muelzik(m): 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
2goodbobo:
You are distracted by the other guy that is why. Hence, the reason why anything your boyfriend does, do not excite you anymore.
What happens if you refuse to marry your boyfriend and go on with the new guy then after another five years you become tired of him?
will you dump him and go for another? between what makes you feel he is better than your boyfriend? The devil you know is better than
the angel you don't. Slap yourself out of that illusion you are having else you might end up having an egg on your face with this new guy.

in addition, miss OP said she is in her mid 20s. And so? U want to wait another 5yrs? Ok no problem, menopause is real sha.

My dear, be sincere to yourself. You are the one excommunicating ur hubby2be, because one fine boy wey get look like heavenly cloud don show with deceit tongue. Mostly in some marriages, we have issues like that which may last for more than 6months but by endurance, trust and reconcilations, the marriage continues. Thats the beauty of courtship. It helps to teach u how to stay with ur man whether in th rainy, stormy or windy periods. The distractor is a test of faith. U fall, he is gone, in fact u may lose both guys to marry menopause.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Richardonald(m): 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Galz ar jst easy to get...imagine a month 2 ur wedding dnt u know ur man is testing u datz y it luk lyk dat..SEE DIS GAL O..U BE LovePeddler...A CHEA T
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by lastpage: 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
[size=18pt]THEN DONT![/size]

PUT IT OFF FOR ANOTHER ONE YEAR .... TO CLEAR YOUR HEAD!

[size=14pt]OTHERWISE, YOU MIGHT SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE REGRETTING WHY YOU DID NOT[/size].

Leave sentiments aside.... this is a "practical advice" ... and IT IS FREE!

Lastpage!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by 6fit(f): 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

it yur life, so d decision is yurs. U are lusting over the new guy. It isnt love. However, marriage is not always bed of Roses. We xperience d good times and bad times. All these are incredients that make marriage last. Heart to heart talk with yur man is d way out. Bside, disagreement is very nirmal during wedding planning. So search yur conscience wholistically bfor u say "I DO"

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by duality(m): 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Goodboiyy:

next

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tashaamania:

The nonentity might turn out to be Mr. right. I'm just saying..
She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.

See this one.........

@Op, i can prove it to you that this lady here or girl is that witch from your village; she is the real devil that hell has sent to destroy your wedding plan.

Just ignore this advice ooooo
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by willibounce1(m): 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Abeg just quit the marriage and save your life and that of your old guy.

It's obvious you are still gonna cheat no matter who you marry. You still have a brain of a teenager.

You'll just fall for any cute guy you see and start misbehaving. Better stay single for now and phuck all the phuck wey u won phuck before you go into marriage.

I don't want to read or hear stories that touch.

"Man stabs wife to death for cheating " make e no go be Wetin go happen to you be this o

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Lexusgs430: 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

How long into having izzues did you meet this new lust? Do you think this new lust is the source of your confusion and disconnect?
How soon is the marriage?

Spend the time and effort, this lust is causing on your present relationship.
If you get married and have izzues, would you be seeking a divorce, without working on your marriage or have an extra marital affair?
No marriage or relationship is izzues free!!!!
NB: Blame Davido and krane for izzues

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ezugegere(m): 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
I wish I have the opportunity to slap the madness out of your head. Bitch!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Sirevangel(m): 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]you are sick

jobless

and foolish...so because the soup doesn't suit you again you wanna throw you lolz

i know your medicine

i hereby sentence you be flogged and delivered by cherubim and seraphim 25 strokes

ATEWO
SiRe EvAnGel
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by GodblessNig247(m): 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
haabimbohlar:
Babes you are disconnected because you give the new guy all your attention, remember how you felt with your husband to be when the love was still fresh, my dear don't just make the mistake of putting an end to your marriage rather try rekindle the love between you and your husband. Bless u

it depends on the burning issue that have disconnected her emotionally and otherwise frm her husband to be. It just might be a fundamental one. She should weigh her options
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by dinggle: 11:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
Having doubts?? how did you get to the point where your wedding is sealed?
Having doubts is natural without the new guy.
Having doubts because of the new guy means you are oloju-kokoro.

I'm a member of http://facekobo.com - Connect, Share, Advertise.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by sukkot: 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
a woman at 25 / 26 years old should be trying to hold on to what she has. maybe children will bring you closer and renew your love ?
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by AlPeter: 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
Babe. Forget the new guy. Any guy that can stick to you for 5yrs without cheating on u and still ask for ur hand in marriages truly loves you and will do anything to bring smiles to your face. Am sure He loves you alot and from what you wrote YOU are the one creating this issue in communication. Why don't you trash it out with him Love him afresh, but seriously you need to sort yourself out JEEZ are you dat cheap to fall for that silly trick?

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ifoundmyperfect: 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
You are already cheating on you supposed to-be husband. If you haven't started having sex yet, you are gradually on your way there if you don't snap back to consciousness. What you are feeling for this new guy is normal. You felt this same way 5years ago.(Take time to reflect on the first 6mths). What happens after 5years if you go for this guy? You'd seek another that'll make you feel as you felt 5-10years ago? The hard truth is that life isn't like one of those disney world fairy tale stories. Once you are lucky to find someone that loves, respects and adores you, it sldnt be taken for granted. When things don't go right, it's left for you guys to fix it. Temptations are inevitable. If you are a Christian, I'd leave you with this verses to meditate on;
Matt 26:41
James 4:7
Ephe 6:11

If this your to-be hubby has d something so damnable and can't b accommodated, den the choice of moving ahead with marriage plans rest on your shoulders. Just ensure your judgement Isn't guided by the onset of this cheap frills of affection.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kunletoks(m): 11:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
This world self. Everybody with their own bukata grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by maxigro(m): 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
You never can trust a guy who snatched you from another guy...
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by AmakaDNBStories(f): 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by endeedike(m): 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
sister dont ever marry cos of the 5 yrs...go for your happiness..what is it about the new guy dat brings out the woman in you? look at his chances of settling down if truly dats where u heart is..ok bye

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by GRACEGLORY: 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

If there's any hard truth you need to hear it's within you, not without:
Well, wha makes you think you won't end up same way with this so so new love you just met. Marriage isn't bout the Mr. Perfect, rather, it's bout the bone of your bone.
If you ask people for advise, they will mislead you by their head, but if you ask God, He will guide you. For every woman, there's a particular man, same with every man.
You jump in, you might jump out and be a victim of single parent for life.
I made up my mind, I won't take a step ever again until I hear God.
Jeremiah 10:23.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by muelzik(m): 11:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
Platnum1:
Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.

meaning the OP is a disgrace to the innocent man. The husband to be indeed deserves someone 'better'.

OP, whenever there is an issue between my fiancee and I, all she does is to look for every possible means to settle the matter if she notice I am wasting time in doing so. Thats how to be the woman, and not the girl who waits to have a rosy affair or relationship on a platter of gold.

By the way, how could you be discussing whatever transpired between u and ur fiance with other male friends or people. Thats immaturity of the 'graviest' extent. You are suppose to protect ur privacy no matter what.
Wake up dear, u r lighting fire around the fuelled circle while in the middle. It will catch up and consume u if u dont snap out of that ill dream of urs.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Setaje(f): 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hmmmn. Life is a gamble. For all we know this new guy might actually be the right man for u or u might just be lusting after something new. I must say though, anything that will make u not want to get married to someone u have planned to marry needs urgent attention. There are just two things to it, remove sentiments. It's either lust or something much more deeper you see in this new guy that your husband to be can't give u. U need to really tackle it o or else u would keep looking for this new guy even after you marry.

I hear of such cases a lot. Mostly for guys. They can't live their fiancee because they have stayed too long together meanwhile they seem to have just met their soul mate, but more often than not they end up cheating on their spouse after marriage wiv this new woman cus that feeling just don't go away. It doesn't. !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by utuk: 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
A fool in 20s is a fool forever.
now u r not blaming one old man and woman in ur family,keep fooling itself.nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / Ajibola and Adeboye Taiwo Welcome Sextuplets In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.