Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu (39758 Views)

Abuja Natives Protest Non-inclusion In Ministerial List (Photos) / Appointments: Buhari Has Violated Laws —senators / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
The highlighted is the bedrock of every democracy and Nigerians need to start consolidating and strengthen on it.

Not possible...

Because buhari like Obj like tinubu don't tolerate opposition and will crush any of such...

Buhari for the first time since independence has president and INEC boss from same region...Who do you wanna.compete against and win?
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Themandator: 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
Eruditor:

Your only problem is that your ego far outweighs your IQ. Forget the idiocy you lived with in the past 6 years and tell me what the role of the SGF is? You are no doubt among the ilk of noisemaking ignoramuses that think the role of SGF includes making appointments such as Pius Anyim did unfettered in the previous govt. Well this new govt knows exactly what the role of the SGF entails and sorry to burst your obtuse bubbles, but the SGF is nothing more than the president's secretary.

Stop advertising this ignorance.. The SGF is different from the principal secretary to the president .. He is the secretary to the government of the federation not the president.

Your local town union secretary, is he equally the Secretary to your chairman or your company secretary doubles as the Secretary to the chairman and chief executive.

You don't know the awesome powers of the Secretary to even a state government not to talk about the federation.

That secretary will be in a meeting that even the vice president can be excused... Next time former heads of state assembles in Abuja for for their national council on state meeting see who will be absent

Next time there's a federal executive council meeting, note his sitting position vice versa that if the vice president and the other council members.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
thecollector:

I feel like Pdp are more mature to rule the country when they get their acts right and minimize corruption. I hate dis apc era. I didn't see Obama insulting George Bush when he took over power
I don't think Buhari has ever insulted gej, Infact it was the other way around during campaign. The pdp is a conservative party hence the sense of maturity but maturity never means good governance.

BTW how can you hate improved electricity?
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by unclejb2(m): 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
Onu is a fool. All these eastern saboteurs will soon regret supporting this ethnic bigot into aso rock
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Truckpusher(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Not possible...

Because buhari like Obj like tinubu don't tolerate opposition and will crush any of such...

Buhari for the first time since independence has president and INEC boss from same region...Who do you wanna.compete against and win?
I got your drift bro but again we must start from somewhere - At least Jonathan did and people had a sigh of relief when he left without instigating any form of violence and that is a part to be toed,maintain and strengthen by the electorates.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
If really onu said this, then he is not a patient person.
It shows his immaturity and greed as pmb May have been reserving a better post for him.The office of the ssg May not be as powerful as before.for example the office of Garba shehu had suddenly become enviable one.
He ought to have been quite and remain calmed.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Raiding the opposition offices with the DSS and keeping staffs including pregnant woman lock up over the weekend isn't tolerance.
Laying seige on the national assembly isn't either.

Not at all...DSS did display what they got from there publicly... NASS isn't an arm of APC but Nigeria... Tambuwal got PDP mandate and handed it over to APC which is part of the things that aided in bringing PDP down...

If Jonathan was not tolerant, APC folks committed many treasonable offence for which they would have been picked up and dumped in jail including those calling for mutiny etc...hounding them won't be a big deal...

Or when card rejected him, he would have called for immediate cancellation of election or postponement... Do you think buhari would have tolerated same if card reader rejected him
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Truckpusher(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Thats the only way we can move forward.
That's the only way because if we continuously follow a path that ensures that our political leaders becomes the alpha and omega of our system then we will continuously run a system that produces strong men and not strong institutions.

Too many strong men in the corridors of power without any form of control and retribution is the bane of any society that wants to excel and grow economically.Because most at times these strong men will protect their interest first before that of the country and this is where corruption thrives.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
I got your drift bro but again we must start from somewhere - At least Jonathan did and people had a sigh of relief when he left without instigating any form of violence and that is a part to be toed,maintain and strengthen by the electorates.

Yes...south can try maintaining such but not north...Do you think buhari would allow election where card reader would reject him like Jonathan
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Not at all...DSS did display what they got from there publicly... NASS isn't an arm of APC but Nigeria... Tambuwal got PDP mandate and handed it over to APC which is part of the things that aided in bringing PDP down...

If Jonathan was not tolerant, APC folks committed many treasonable offence for which they would have been picked up and dumped in jail including those calling for mutiny etc...hounding them won't be a big deal...

Or when card rejected him, he would have called for immediate cancellation of election or postponement... Do you think buhari would have tolerated same if card reader rejected him
I hear you, multiple registration on party form was their evidence.

Arresting opposition figures on the eve of elections in ekiti and osun including lai Mohammed.
so much for tolerance
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by IBBG(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
175:

What is that your something bigger? Is it now that all the juicy and strategic positions are gone?

Ok I get lol na to appoint them as follows:
Chief Driver to the President-- Rotimi Amaechi
Chief Follow Follow and Travel to the President--- Fashola
Chief Biafran Eye to the President--- Ogbonnaya Onu.

Abi
hahahahahahahahaahahaha
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Truckpusher(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Yes...south can try maintaining such but not north...Do you think buhari would allow election where card reader would reject him like Jonathan
I personally feel that everything that is happening now is for future references ,trust me nothing goes for nothing and every action that would follow would be justified and this is where I stand.

I would rather wait for my adversaries to show their evil nature before passing a severe judgement on them,than be labelled as the trouble maker.

In dealing with the attitude of the North one needs tact and facts supporting whatever position that would be adopted in the future and it would be glaring to all and sundry who is the real trouble maker here.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Eruditor: 9:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
Themandator:

Stop advertising this ignorance.. The SGF is different from the principal secretary to the president .. He is the secretary to the government of the federation not the president.

Your local town union secretary, is he equally the Secretary to your chairman or your company secretary doubles as the Secretary to the chairman and chief executive.

You don't know the awesome powers of the Secretary to even a state government not to talk about the federation.

That secretary will be in a meeting that even the vice president can be excused... Next time former heads of state assembles in Abuja for for their national council on state meeting see who will be absent

Next time there's a federal executive council meeting, note his sitting position vice versa that if the vice president and the other council members.

I dislike being hinged into unnecessary argy-bargies with shallow observers who will not study before running their mouths.

Please, go and study the functions of the SGF. When you are done, come and educate your fellow ignoramuses.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Eruditor: 9:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
ndcide:

Your level of ignorance is legendary.

Sorry, I don't suffer fools gladly.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I don't think Buhari has ever insulted gej, Infact it was the other way around during campaign. The pdp is a conservative party hence the sense of maturity but maturity never means good governance.

BTW how can you hate improved electricity?

Yes...buhari doesn't throw direct insult at him but indirectly does always... and if he can't caution his attack dogs then he's comfortable with the insults...Remember, it is PDP that's calling for stoppage of calling him names...
See even Metuh cautioning Shehu and irredeemable lai Mohammed to respond to issues raised in his releases instead attacking his person, person of Jonathan or PDP which has always being their style...Facing messenger instead of message...APC NL has copied same verba tim
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by christinie(f): 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
They God we are not among the gullible.
Luckylife:
babe u are in the right track, see something say something . Some people are born to be taking for a ride for life.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by godwin120alex: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Dr. Ogbonna Onu will be full regrets by now.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I hear you, multiple registration on party form was their evidence.

Arresting opposition figures on the eve of elections in ekiti and osun including lai Mohammed.
so much for tolerance

Jonathan never interfered in those elections otherwise APC would have lost both Edo and even Osun...

Doesn't recent results from Ekiti prove APC not to have spirit of sportsmanship...Why did they lose even in fayemi's home?...They enjoy hitting up the polity always...Just like buhari, APC accepts it as will of people if they win otherwise it was rigged...
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Fearcom(m): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

They would be appointed ministers of water resources,culture and toursim,youth development while the North will take over the juicy ones

And just what do you mean by "Juicy"? So you want them to go into government to steal,abi? You have just shot yourself in the foot. When people now say you are money minded you will get angry. Besides we all know what former minister for finance, petroleum and aviation, who were from the east did. No repeat of such, please.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
I personally feel that everything that is happening now is for future references ,trust me nothing goes for nothing and every action that would follow would be justified and this is where I stand.

I would rather wait for my adversaries to show their evil nature before passing a severe judgement on them,than be labelled as the trouble maker.

In dealing with the attitude of the North one needs tact and facts supporting whatever position that would be adopted in the future and it would be glaring to all and sundry who is the real trouble maker here.

Ya...true but I wonder if the south will summon courage enough to spill blood happily like north if north insists on having their way...Census 2016 will prove it again...
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Themandator: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Eruditor:

I dislike being hinged into unnecessary argy-bargies with shallow observers who will not study before running their mouths.

Please, go and study the functions of the SGF. When you are done, come and educate your fellow ignoramuses.

You waste both words and grammar... You imagine yourself a working manual on governance but you know very little... Every minister receives their brief whether for council meeting or directive from that office.

Every agenda to be brought to council for deliberation gets cleared by that office...i have lived with an SSG and I'm telling you to set aside textbook or Google knowledge of what it is.

There is never want of ministers around the SGF, lobbying for one thing or the other...explaining in details the benefits of their programs.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Jonathan never interfered in those elections otherwise APC would have lost both Edo and even Osun...

Doesn't recent results from Ekiti prove APC not to have spirit of sportsmanship...Why did they lose even in fayemi's home?...They enjoy hitting up the polity always...Just like buhari, APC accepts it as will of people if they win otherwise it was rigged...
Are saying those people were not arrested?
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Many people are still wallowing in ignorant here! I don't think they understand the stand of Onu here.
He's the national chairman of ANPP which was also merged to form Apc and you wants to offer him ministerial slot;
You must be mad!!
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Are saying those people were not arrested?

Never said that...but by law, he was supposed to be arrested...Movement is restricted on election day...what's lai Mohammed looking for running around to raise false alarm and cause confusion?... Then people get killed, he turns to blame Jonathan gringrin Smh... BTW security agencies have some intelligence report we are not privy to about some nefarious plans of these men...
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Never said that...but by law, he was supposed to be arrested...Movement is restricted on election day...what's lai Mohammed looking for running around to raise false alarm and cause confusion?... Then people get killed, he turns to blame Jonathan gringrin Smh... BTW security agencies have some intelligence report we are not privy to about some nefarious plans of these men...
Eve of election isn't election day, BTW many were arrested in their home.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Eve of election isn't election day, BTW many were arrested in their home.

what time was that eve?...And who are that many plz?
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by dokyOloye: 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
Mr ONU has been a very good and decent man and even PMB knows that. So wailers, you all can wail and wail and wail....ONU will be vindicated very soon
Onu was d principal actor used to frustrate Buhari out of ANPP hence d formation and entry into CPC and Buhari is a Fulani man and as we all know,d Fulanis don't forgive.
So save that Ur vindication story for those who r less politically informed.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by ststyreal(f): 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
Very soon you and other wailers will be put to shame and disappointed cos something bigger awaits ONU, FASHOLA, AMEACHI and others. PMB can't be that callous
Stop spewing trash, ur buhari is nothing but a pure tribalistic and egocentric northernocratic president of his kind.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by ststyreal(f): 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Na minster of woman affairs and rural development
Lol. Minister of women affair still good small, na minister of interior.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by ststyreal(f): 10:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
Eruditor:
What's the role of the SGF really? Is Dr Ogbonnaya Onu not far bigger than that role? Are we not being hoodwinked into a senseless war of words concerning a post whose functions are nothing beyond being called a "glorified houseboy"? Or are we following the trend of the last failure in govt who appointed a former Senate President to take the role of someone who should have been a former civil servant?

Some of the things people discuss on NL really boggle the mind. Pius Anyim was deceived into accepting a foolish role as the SGF and he in turn deceived his paymaster by wrongly interpreting his role. The SGFs role includes taking minutes, organising memorandums of FEC meetings, organising Federal parastatals and agencies, organising the president's schedule etc. All very secretarial in nature.

Dr. OGBONNAYA ONU will have a big position in PMBs govt and I am glad that being the SGF is not part of it.
Please I would like to know the other big post left in buharis govt please?
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Duru1(m): 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
chiefbamo:
Chieftain of the All Progressive congress, Ogbonaya Onu, has refuted claims making the rounds that President Muhammadu Buhari called to notify him of his non-inclusion from the latest Federal appointments.
The claim according to a Facebook post has it that Onu reportedly told a friend that Buhari called him that he would not be made the SGF before formal announcement.
There had been anticipation that Onu would emerge the new SGF before Babachir Lawal from Adamawa State was eventually named.
The Press Statement made available by his Chief Press Secreatary reads Sunny Onyeukwu – ‘’The attention of His Excellency, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, has been drawn to a seeming orchestrated campaign apparently originating from the social media to smear his hard earned reputation.
On Saturday, August 28, this year, a Facebook broadcast titled “SGF; OGBONNAYAONU AND VAINGLORIOUS NIGERIANS” allegedly at the instance of one Ajayi Temitope, was circulated in the social media without his knowledge and consent.
‘’In it, Dr. Onu was falsely and perhaps maliciously credited as having told an unnamed friend of Mr. Ajayi Temitope in a 35minute telephone conversation that prior to the announcement of appointments into the offices of Chief of Staff to the President, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, among other positions, he (Dr.) Onu was informed by Mr. President of his intended action and why he would not be chosen for appointment as SGF.’’
‘’The Facebook broadcast further falsely credited Dr. Onu with expressing regrets about how his Abuja residence had become “a mecca of sorts” for those seeking patronage from him in anticipation of his appointment as SGF and lamented that soon after the announcement was made without his being appointed to serve in the exalted capacity, his residence became deserted.’’
‘’For the avoidance of doubt, it has become important to state in strong terms that Dr. Onu never expressed the views credited to him in the Facebook broadcast as no such conversation ever took place between him and our respected Mr. President. He could not have, therefore, communicated a nonexistent conversation to another person, more so an unnamed individual on telephone. Accordingly, it is false, cheap and utterly in bad faith. Already, Dr. Onu has personally issued a rebuttal on the matter which has been circulated in the social media in a Press Statement dated August 30, 2015.’’
‘’However, it has become necessary to issue the foregoing clarification in view of ongoing efforts in some sections of the print and electronic media to further allude to the same phony Facebook broadcast without verifying the proof of its authenticity. Needless to add, that, such is capable of misleading the general public, and by implication, injure the well-known integrity and honour which Dr. Onu holds sacred and guards jealously.
At this juncture, it is important to recall that soon after the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari on May 29, this year, the social media was awash with the purported “news” of his “appointment” as Secretary to the Government of the Federation.’’
‘’Specifically on May 31, this year, a spurious Twitter account surfaced in his name where he was quoted as having “thanked God and the good people of Nigeria for this opportunity to serve”. This was despite the fact that Dr. Onu does not own or operate a personal Twitter account, thus prompting him to disclaim the broadcast in a Statement dated June 1, 2015, which was circulated in the social media.’’
‘‘As one of the founding National Leaders of All Progressives Congress, APC, it is his conviction that nothing should be done to injure the rights of citizens to free speech, especially in a democracy. However, in the exercise of such rights, care and respect must be observed to ensure that it is done within the ambit of the law, guided by respect for the truth, good conscience and sincerity of purpose.’’
‘‘It is hoped that in all circumstances, more so in a democracy, the truth should not be twisted to serve pre-determined ends nor should the rights of individuals be muzzled to score cheap political points.’’
‘‘Finally, Dr. Onu reaffirms his faith in our democracy as the immutable vehicle of popular choice for a new Nigeria, where though tribe and tongue may differ, as brothers and sisters, united in the pursuit of a common destiny, we must continue to stand firm, resolute and together.’’

http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Dr-Ogbonaya-Onu.png

A typically glorified efulefu!!!
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by ststyreal(f): 10:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=Johnsoneshio post=37570776]who knows he might be one of the minister of ambassador. let him b patience ,after all his zone did not delivebackground,
Remember the spirit of fairness, equity and justice when making a statement. Ask ur self is baba bubus appointment so far in fairness to Dr onu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road / Political War Breaks Out In Warri, Delta. Residents Killed. Graphic Pics / FFK: Rivers, Change Port Harcourt Name, Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.