Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? (41032 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by DJEhimond(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ask those e-diots when last they used Lumia and see stewpidity. So everybody should be using Tecno and Infinix abi? The phone is a crap, yet people buy them everyday ... Na wah o!
#iTooKnowMusic

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by martineverest(m): 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dat was mid last yr when d tablet was still new to americans...dont 4get d success of surface tablet is forcing apple to release ipad plus....even apple-obsessd tech site,theverge.com, cant hide d fact dat ipad is been gradually dethroned.the major success of surface lies on d fact dat,tis d first hardware to match ipad and macbook quality with better and more productive operating system.samsung is rumoured to release a surface-esque windows 10 tablet to revive its dying tablet.future of iphones and macbook are in jeopardy should microsoft release surface phones nxt yr
Nsonaso:
Says who... didn't you read the news of a CNN reporter using Surface Pro 3 as a stand for iPad?
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
gbadexy:

could you put me through.

Those pictures with my lumia. Just press upload on NL and it takes you to your ALBUM, choose the file and submit.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by UjSizzle(f): 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Caracta when did you become a Lumia head?
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by UjSizzle(f): 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
2pointsonly:
lemme summarize his question..he's trying to let You know that: Lumia's NFC doesn't work with NFC's from other brand(s)...not compatible with 'non lumia' devices.
That's odd. I use my device's NFC and it's compatible with BB devices undecided
Don't know where that dude got his 'fact' from but as a diehard Lumia fan i can assure you the OS is being upgraded regularly.

@Topic. I love my Lumia for a number of reasons.
1. My loyalty to the Nokia brand is yet unbroken.
2. My needs are simple and Lumia is simplicity.
3. The Office suite suits me well. I love it's compatibility with my PC and the ease with which I can switch whether in the office or on the move.
4. No virus wahala. Thank Heavens!
5. It's not very popular. That definitely works for me.
6. I don't get the android hype. Perhaps the droid is a great OS, just like people hankered for BB devices back in the days, but really I don't see what's making you folks go gaga.
7. Choice. The Lumia is simply my choice.

I admit using the device can be frustrating sometimes, but I'm placing most of the blame on my smallie phone. When I upgrade then I'll know what's up. Until then, I intend to remain loyal to this brand and grow with them.
It'll take a huge blow on my trust to get me to shift focus.

Meanwhile if people using Lumia devices have questions, they can visit the Windows mobile thread for assistance.

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Elxandre(m): 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
martineverest:
Haha.,av knw sp3 since it was launchd may last yr..waiting 4 sp4 launch on oct 19 and surface fone nxt yr
Surface phone is a pipe dream bro smiley
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Rahmonlee: 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Both of you are right, You dont need to brag as you have said it, Its a matter of choise. The feature of the Phone doesnt matter here.

Anyway, Symbian still rocks cheesy

gree or go hung ur self
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Johniyke2flex(m): 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
I presently use a sony experia, a blackberry and a microsoft lumia 540 phone that i bought recently, and i can confidently tell y'all that my lumia can do just about everything i do with my sony experia and the BB with same ease and speed. Its an entirely new experience that i'm relishing.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
iamphill:
I just got a microsoft lumia. Does it use data just like android phones or can I use normal bbm subscription? Please anybody with useful tips....

Data consumption very low. Just make sure it's on battery saver mode to stop background downloads
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by UjSizzle(f): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
iamphill:
I just got a microsoft lumia. Does it use data just like android phones or can I use normal bbm subscription? Please anybody with useful tips....
Your regular bbm subscription will suffice, and no it's not a data monger.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Luvlust: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

What are the basic apps there? Sotey I couldn't get ordinary diamond bank app from the shitty store. Try to download a song, once you leave the interface of the browser your downloads stop instanta. Network fluctuates like say 2moro no dey cos u can't have it fixed permanently on 3G (u'll always choose 3g & 2g). These are basic things any normal phone can do, but Lumia can't. So pls tell me what is sophisticated in a Lumia device as u claimed that they are very sophisticated.
You are obviously using a very basic low end Lumia
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by martineverest(m): 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Haha..intel just release its mobile processor,core m, for windows phablets.surface phone,currently called 'project juggernaut', is said to be launchd early 2016
Elxandre:

Surface phone is a pipe dream bro smiley
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by iamphill: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
walexy30:

Data consumption very low. Just make sure it's on battery saver mode to stop background downloads

Thanks a lot also how do I conserve data on my Q10 seems it drinks it....lol....finishes 1gigg within 5-6 days and I don't do any downloads or view you tube etc. Also I use MTN any suggestions or tips?
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Elxandre(m): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
2kurupt:

Am sure you understand perfectly what I mean. Microsoft deliberately built restrictions for their device by preventing it from interacting with other brands that share same hardware feature i.e. Bluetooth, NFC.

I wonder how you didn't notice other points I put across in my precious post, are you a Microsoft shareholder or something?

Coz I know even an ardent lumia user will agree with these limitations & thus avoid comparisons with other mobile OS
I'm not a fanboy or loyal to any tech company, but guy you dey lie die.

I use Bluetooth with any device and it works very fine.
The NFC stuff isn't true also. It works great with speakers etc.
NFC has never had total cross platform functionality, as Android can only be seamlessly used with an Android, while WP can be seamlessly used only with a WP too. smiley
They can transfer stuff like contact between each other though.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by iamphill: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
UjSizzle:

Your regular bbm subscription will suffice, and no it's not a data monger.

Tried using my Glo subscription for BlackBerry it's not working
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Caracta(f): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
UjSizzle:
Caracta when did you become a Lumia head?

See you. Had to grab one small Lumia o. You know how rough and careless I am with phones.

I need that durability mehn...
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Elxandre(m): 10:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
otunsman:
Mobile phone devices are more of liability than investment.You are just advertising free market for it.
How many investments have you made with 50k this year?
Do you buy phones everyday?
And what are you typing with right now?

bro park well jare.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by UjSizzle(f): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
iamphill:

Tried using my Glo subscription for BlackBerry it's not working
Airtel works
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

What are the basic apps there? Sotey I couldn't get ordinary diamond bank app from the shitty store. Try to download a song, once you leave the interface of the browser your downloads stop instanta. Network fluctuates like say 2moro no dey cos u can't have it fixed permanently on 3G (u'll always choose 3g & 2g). These are basic things any normal phone can do, but Lumia can't. So pls tell me what is sophisticated in a Lumia device as u claimed that they are very sophisticated.
please what model of lumia are you using?
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by miketayo(m): 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
martineverest:
Dey play ludo and grind pepper with it.,rubbish question.windows have up to 500k apps,blackberry have 250k apps and u didnt ask about what ppl do with bb.

dont mind d guy saying crap
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Elxandre(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Leopantro:

Clarify something for me. My S2 made in 2011 could multi-task the same way my S4 made two years ago can. Are you saying windows phones of old don't have the basic functions of new windows phone?
It depends on what you multitask.
Don't tell me you can run the same max number of apps at a time on your S2 man.
It can't happen!

The guy was comparing a 3GB ram phone with blazing processors to a 1GB ram phone with much inferior 3 year old processors with no true multitasking.
That is a sinful comparison.
It's enough to make hellfire! cheesy

Compare a 1520 and see how fast it is.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by miketayo(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

that is a question for diamond bank and not Lumia, My Wema and GTB mobile app works just fine,
there is an app for downloading MP3 and videos and it runs on d background
Ur network might be ur sim card problem cos i havent had or seen reviews on that
ur just hating dude
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by driy65(m): 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
why are u guys arguing lyk babies?? tz all about personal preference.Use wat suits u and leave others 2 use diers.stop takin ur frustration on others.proudly lumia 730
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Elxandre(m): 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
except W10 changes some things, I will have to temporarily part ways.

However, till you guys learn to bring up valid criticisms, I'll continue to counter una! wink
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by miketayo(m): 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

That's the height of your stupidity to ditch ur Android for a Lumia. What are the places that Android failed and Lumia succeeded? And again, if u bet your life on the fact that your Lumia can do all my android can, then you're already on your way to dying. And finally, it's possible you could've made all your points without insulting me by saying I wrote nonsense.

well my S4 hangs nd my lumia doesnt
android heats up nd d battery dies(No constant light) faster cos of its OS, Lumia can run smoothly even on a 512ram with a single processor
I have to switch off my data every night on my S4 otherwise it ll finish, u need not to worry abt that with lumia.
aside from various apps the android has, d lumia is beta in my opinion, but den who r we to judge it all depends on ur taste.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by RealAdewole(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
gbadexy:
I'm using a Nokia lumia presently also and am considering ditching it soon.
I cant upload pictures on nairaland, cant download music except play.
I use blackberry for those purposes.
Why i kept it so long is because of its long battery life.
wetin u say i upload this pics with my 520

2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Elxandre(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
miketayo:

that is a question for diamond bank and not Lumia, My Wema and GTB mobile app works just fine,
there is an app for downloading MP3 and videos and it runs on d background
Ur network might be ur sim card problem cos i havent had or seen reviews on that
ur just hating dude
yeah he's right, you can't lock on to "3G only", but W10 has corrected that already.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by DMilanista: 11:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

which Diamond bank app? I don't know where u got ur own Lumia from but my own Lumia does almost all u said it can't do

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
please what model of lumia are you using?
Lumia 535 [used.. Not using)
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
Elxandre:

yeah he's right, you can't lock on to "3G only", but W10 has corrected that already.
Good you understood that.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 11:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Luvlust:
You are obviously using a very basic low end Lumia
Look at him. Lumia 535 is a very basic low end Lumia? That's if you know what that means.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
DJEhimond:
Ask those e-diots when last they used Lumia and see stewpidity. So everybody should be using Tecno and Infinix abi? The phone is a crap, yet people buy them everyday ... Na wah o!
#iTooKnowMusic
Someone just came back from the park.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) / When MTN Decides To Bless Your Weekend Before Weekend - See Pics / Were You Compensated By MTN For Slow Data Speed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.