Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? (40976 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 8:28am On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=AdaEkube post=37618670][/quote] I didn't say show me 4G, I asked which network.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Craven: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Windows Phone comes with its own problems, as do other operating systems. I've used my Lumia for two years, so I know. I've listed them several times in my previous posts on other threads, for those who think I am an enthusiast.

But the fact that Windows Phone has problems doesn't change the fact that the Lumia is a remarkable device. Its camera, battery life, and durability are not things you can disregard easily. My device has fallen several times, and I've picked it up hoping for my screen to be broken, but that has never happened. Battery life has also been remarkable. My phone last longer than some of the other Android phones I have come across. And the camera? I take very clear pictures of my skin sometimes and marvel about how I can see my pores whenever I zoom in on the pictures. There is the seamlessness of the device as there is no bloatware. There's also the fact that my data subscription lasts longer because you have complete control of background apps, something some Android phone users complain about.

You can complain about the Lumia all you want, but these characteristics will still remain.

I am a heavy app user and so I have found my Lumia to be annoying most times. And as a result, I plan on moving on to Android very soon, but there are things I worry about with Android. They include the same things I've listed in the previous paragraph; Durability, Battery life, Camera, Data plan utilization. These are some of the problems Android phone users face. Despite all the apps that you have, you still worry about your data plan, your battery life, and your phone's durability. All these things you worry about with your Android phones, Lumia users have peace of mind with them.

So basically, what Android phones lacks, Lumia provides, and vice versa.

Windows Phone doesn't have the complete package, but I won't write it off yet. I'm even eager to see what Windows 10 Mobile update offers. And you should too, if you're enthusiastic about technology. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 03, 2015
Lumia phones are smartphones. Does op not know what smartphones are used for? Some people just like to start arguments
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Mayany(m): 8:51am On Sep 03, 2015
ryanfletcher:
lolz even my girl had to sell a 60k with new lumia for....guess how much.........10500...lolz in fact I told her she should have just dash the person as a sign of good riddance coz that phone is a havoc and a sham...nothing good will ever come out of Microsoft phones let them just keep working with PCs in fact I am optimistic that android is might create some upgrade yo totally eliminate PC from existence... sometimes I get surprise at the apps I find in the play store and wonder how my phone manegs to use it but it just works perfect without any bottlenecks
My bro the most annoying thing is that I gave out my android phone just to get a Nokia Lumia
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by ojeffo: 8:57am On Sep 03, 2015
daxon001:

hello expert,i see students using dier android 2 browse via school wi-fi.Tho I kno bold 5 has d wi-fi function.my question is sincerely,can d bold 5 browse using wi-fi even if u didn't subscribepls reply
Why not and if not..it will definitely browse tru wifi but u cannot use the apps...only the opera mini and some other 3rd party browsers...u can even use ur bold5 to browse using ur phone credit...jst go to tcp and edit d apn to ur carrier setting..
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2015
Agreed Windows phone OS has certain drawbacks, like background download on uc browser, lack of a proper file manager, Limited customization etc. But on the issue of apps, the gap between Windows phone and Android is gradually closing. All the major apps for every day usage are available. Lastly its all a matter of preference, don't insult people based on their choice of OS.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by optimusprime2(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2015
I know what Cortana does for me on my Lumia 1350

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by damocheezy(m): 9:06am On Sep 03, 2015
I use a lumia device and if i'll be frank, there is nothing an iphone, android and blackberry device can do that a lumia device cannot do. The only problem is just that lumia apps are very difficult for developers to work on hence the reason why they encounter a lot of problems and their apps need a lot of bug fixes before they become perfect. My opinion is that in the next few years, lumia will be much better than now. I'll stress again that THERE IS NOTHING AN IPHONE, ANDROID AND BLACKBERRY DEVICE CAN DO THAT A LUMIA DEVICE CANNOT DO.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Libchydyy: 9:15am On Sep 03, 2015
Lumia 520 phone am using is really not fulfilling d reason I bought it for. Can't upload pics or doc like CV especially after filling a form online and u are required to upload ur docs. Pls advice if u know d best way to go about it.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by repogirl(f): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2015
Craven:

You can't upload with IE? What version of Windows Phone does your phone run on?
windows 8.0
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by RealAdewole(m): 9:27am On Sep 03, 2015
Libchydyy:
Lumia 520 phone am using is really not fulfilling d reason I bought it for. Can't upload pics or doc like CV especially after filling a form online and u are required to upload ur docs. Pls advice if u know d best way to go about it.
all these things are easily done on my 520

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by RealAdewole(m): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=AdaEkube post=37618670][/quote]. omo see start screen

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Craven: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2015
repogirl:
windows 8.0

Mine runs on v8.1, Lumia Denim. New updates come with fixes.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by dabosuker(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2015
mykel20:
Agreed Windows phone OS has certain drawbacks, like background download on uc browser, lack of a proper file manager, Limited customization etc. But on the issue of apps, the gap between Windows phone and Android is gradually closing. All the major apps for every day usage are available. Lastly its all a matter of preference, don't insult people based on their choice of OS.
there is a proper file manager since 8.1
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Mafia4life(m): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2015
Craven:

I am a heavy app user and so I have found my Lumia to be annoying most times. And as a result, I plan on moving on to Android very soon, but there are things I worry about with Android. They include the same things I've listed in the previous paragraph; Durability, Battery life, Camera, Data plan utilization. These are some
You don't even know what you are talking about at allllllllllllllllll. Does it means that Android is responsible for camera, durability and battery life? So you think Android means Tecno? Come on guy. Talk with wisdom. Does it means your Lumia is clearer than Samsung S6 edge. Oh, I know what's in your mind. Am comparing S6 with Lumia of last year. Is it not Android too? You seems to be calling device OEM Android itself. Oh oh, what about Gionee M2, THL 5000, Elephone P5000, Vx World 6050, Infinix hot note. Can you compare their battery life with Lumia on heavy usage? Are they not Android? It is wrong to compare such. Before Lumia came in, Android already had that feature of restricting data from background sync. If you wanna talk about data usage, what will you say about Infinix hot that has ability to have full control over your data usage. Is It not Android? Leave the phone makers and talk about Android Os. Not the phone hardware jorrr

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by 2kurupt(m): 10:19am On Sep 03, 2015
2pointsonly:
lemme summarize his question..he's trying to let You know that: Lumia's NFC doesn't work with NFC's from other brand(s)...not compatible with 'non lumia' devices.

Thanks for breaking that down for him. I know he's feigning ignorance of what I meant but then I can't stand people being misinformed.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 03, 2015
shocked u lumia freaks r all in illusions..he's talkin abt lumia n u r bringin up surface pro... #dumb reads on ya comments... #lumia doesn't do SH*T!
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2015
And I tot we were meant to compare OS nt hardware? #Android still rocks both hardware and software, reason y dere r various variants! (Jst luk at it as Evolution) #IT freak still ere...
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Psylas(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2015
DankemzI:

Who said there's no Diamond app
where/how did u get those apps?
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2015
2kurupt:

Thanks for breaking that down for him. I know he's feigning ignorance of what I meant but then I can't stand people being misinformed.
cool
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Craven: 10:57am On Sep 03, 2015
Mafia4life:

You don't even know what you are talking about at allllllllllllllllll. Does it means that Android is responsible for camera, durability and battery life? So you think Android means Tecno? Come on guy. Talk with wisdom. Does it means your Lumia is clearer than Samsung S6 edge. Oh, I know what's in your mind. Am comparing S6 with Lumia of last year. Is it not Android too? You seems to be calling device OEM Android itself. Oh oh, what about Gionee M2, THL 5000, Elephone P5000, Vx World 6050, Infinix hot note. Can you compare their battery life with Lumia on heavy usage? Are they not Android? It is wrong to compare such. Before Lumia came in, Android already had that feature of restricting data from background sync. If you wanna talk about data usage, what will you say about Infinix hot that has ability to have full control over your data usage. Is It not Android? Leave the phone makers and talk about Android Os. Not the phone hardware jorrr

Read my post and understand its context. I was referring to 'Android devices' not 'Android'. Not all Android devices have the same features and specifications. Definitely, choosing an Android device that has all you are looking for is sometimes a chore, because what one Android phone has in features, another might lack.

And I do know what I am talking about. You on the other hand chose to misunderstand my post. Next time, read and understand first, and then reply. And do not tell me what I can or cannot post. I talked about Lumia and the Windows Phone OS, why can't I talk about Android phones and the Android OS? The hardware is useless without the OS, and the OS is useless without the hardware. Why then can't I discuss the two together?

Just so you know, I didn't complete reading your post. I felt it would be a waste of time to do so. I have no regard for people who begin an argument with '...you don't even know what you are talking about...' Condescending people are irritating and I have no use for them.

Any further mentions from you will be ignored.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Psylas(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2015
slimmyjimmy:
[size=15pt] i be wan buy but i don loose appetíte angry
[/size]
no just try am, u will regrate it if u do
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by miketayo(m): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2015
donhils:

So what normally zaps my credit matter the amount whenever there's no data plan on my Lumia and data is on?

With android wether u have 2gb data plan or u didn't subscribe, its disappears, I use 1gb monthly nd I don't finish it on lumia

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by miketayo(m): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2015
Elxandre:

yeah he's right, you can't lock on to "3G only", but W10 has corrected that already.

There r places that 3G isn't available nd it automatically moves to edge.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by qrymz(m): 11:31am On Sep 03, 2015
donhils:
Again, this should be simple. Every time I look around I see people(most time old people sha) holding Lumia phones and I use to wonder what exactly are they thinking. For me I think Lumia phones are just for people that are not too interested in technology. They just want to make and receive calls but also don't want to use Nokia torch cos maybe it makes them appear small so they chose to go the Lumia way.
Do you own a Lumia phone or know anybody that does? How true is my assumption?

I can assure you I use my lumia 920 for almost everything you can use a window 8 PC for.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Lifergt: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2015
donhils:

What are the basic apps there? Sotey I couldn't get ordinary diamond bank app from the shitty store. Try to download a song, once you leave the interface of the browser your downloads stop instanta. Network fluctuates like say 2moro no dey cos u can't have it fixed permanently on 3G (u'll always choose 3g & 2g). These are basic things any normal phone can do, but Lumia can't. So pls tell me what is sophisticated in a Lumia device as u claimed that they are very sophisticated.

These are things I noticed on Android and not Lumia. You can download on Lumia and leave the interface, you browse faster than the androids (bb and Samsung to be specific). The camera is very good.

What I don't like about it is you can't upload photos to websites directly. That's very bad anyway.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nsonaso(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2015
martineverest:
i do heavy browsing and downloading simultaneously with my 640xl for straight 4 to 6 hrs,only 4 d battery to reduce by 15 to 30%...i watch a full movie for almost 2hrs and battri reduces by 6%.when i use it in making calls only,the battery lasts for 3 days.tho,d fone is on battery saving mode
Wow.... You did all that with your Nokia torchlight? That's Amazing. Which of the Nokia torchlight? Please which of the Nokia torchlight let me go nd get it, is it 1100, 1200
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2015
miketayo:

With android wether u have 2gb data plan or u didn't subscribe, its disappears, I use 1gb monthly nd I don't finish it on lumia
Abia.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Mafia4life(m): 11:56am On Sep 03, 2015
Craven:

Read my post and understand its context. I was referring to 'Android devices' not 'Android'. Not all Android devices have the same features and specifications. Definitely, choosing an Android device that has all you are looking for is sometimes a chore, because what one Android phone has in features, another might lack.

And I do know what I am talking about. You on the other hand chose to misunderstand my post. Next time, read and understand first, and then reply. And do not tell me what I can or cannot post. I talked about Lumia and the Windows Phone OS, why can't I talk about Android phones and the Android OS? The hardware is useless without the OS, and the OS is useless without the hardware. Why then can't I discuss the two together?

Just so you know, I didn't complete reading your post. I felt it would be a waste of time to do so. I have no regard for people who begin an argument with '...you don't even know what you are talking about...' Condescending people are irritating and I have no use for them.

Any further mentions from you will be ignored.
You still didn't make any sense.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
martineverest:
i do heavy browsing and downloading simultaneously with my 640xl for straight 4 to 6 hrs,only 4 d battery to reduce by 15 to 30%...i watch a full movie for almost 2hrs and battri reduces by 6%.when i use it in making calls only,the battery lasts for 3 days.tho,d fone is on battery saving mode
Guy take it easy with the lies. You browse 6hrs and lose 15% of your battery? Haba. Even Gsmarena battery test of the 640 xl gives the battery life on browsing to last 10hrs on WiFi (which is more battery efficient) meaning that on mobile data you'll get around 8hrs to 8hrs 30mins b4 your battery drains from 100% to like 5%. Going by your rather ludicrous estimation, you'll browse for over 38hrs nonstop before your battery dies.
hmmm some ppl sef.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
donhils:

You're welcome.
Check this out smiley

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by slimmyjimmy(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Psylas:
no just try am, u will regrate it if u do
[size=15pt] chai the body and size be tempt me! Bros any gud android phone for 10 to 15 ? sad
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Glo Increases Their Data Plans / 5 Types Of Photos You Should Completely Keep Off Social Media / President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.