Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Lovetips101: 10 Ridiculous Myths People Believe About Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lovetips101: 10 Ridiculous Myths People Believe About Marriage (681 Views)

5 Myths People Believe About Saving Your First Kiss For Marriage / Nigerian Lady's Comment On Her Ex-Boyfriend’s Wedding Photo Is Ridiculous / Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lovetips101: 10 Ridiculous Myths People Believe About Marriage by henrylinks20(m): 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
Marriage can be a beautiful thing if one lets go of the myths surrounding it. In my youthful impulsiveness, I have so foolishly believed in some of these myths. As I grew older, I learned to separate myth from fact. It can take a lot of unlearning, but it is worth it.

#1 Being a couple for a long time means that you should get married.

This is perhaps the myth that was the hardest to unlearn. When you have been with someone for the longest time, you start to believe that your investment in them will result in marriage. However, your suitability to be married should not be determined by how long you have been together. The quality of your relationship and your willingness to overcome challenges should be taken into account as well. After all, there are lots of couples out there who dated for years and years before getting married, only for their marriage to end after a short while.

See more at: http://mynaijainfo.com/lovetips101-10-ridiculous-myths-people-believe-about-marriage/

1 Share

Re: Lovetips101: 10 Ridiculous Myths People Believe About Marriage by Onukube1(f): 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
marriage and its wahala
Re: Lovetips101: 10 Ridiculous Myths People Believe About Marriage by henrylinks20(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2015
Living as a couple

(1) (Reply)

South African Girls Are Very Religious / Why Are You Still Single? / Why You Should Learn To Say No.......................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.