Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job (38504 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips / Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
cheesy
Thank God for your friend. One good deed deserves another.

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by dangote7510(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
When life gets tough and nothing seems to be moving, remember that there is an Anambra man struggling to pronounce "parallelogram".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by hollypagan: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Which day the movie go come out I wan buy the dvd,nice story
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by slap1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Kindness pays, but honestly, I don't believe this story. Every time you people are repairing cars on the way to interviews. sad

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by inote: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Because say u just get small job wey them dey give u small tinkilin change that's why u no go let person hear word abi?

Take time for this place o, make we run for u? cheesy
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
This is beautiful.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Cyriloha(m): 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
let it no be yash bashing de man gave him and your telling shit here if so thunder wee go blow you just dey do press up but if not congrats
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by mployer(m): 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
It Is story.

A graduate of mechanical engineering without work experience cannot fix Much in a car
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by loomer: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
crystalike:
Thats true but that shouldn't discourage us from doing good anyway

I never dis-encouraged anyone from doing good cos there's time for everything
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Cyriloha(m): 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
MzCorleone:
Nothing pays better than seeing the sincere happiness on someone's face and knowing you had something to do with it.

Its one of the best feelings. Indeed it pays to be good. grin

also pays to be bad
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by jayben(m): 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
Old story but different set up
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by andreernest28(m): 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
PEEPS BE GOOD
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Sanguine77(m): 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
An old woman once paid my tfare because I greeted her. She said children of nowadays do not greet so my greeting her was a pleasant surprise.
The first major employment I got was when I did good to a woman and she recommended me to her hubby for a job I had no experience considering the things involved, but trust women sha, na she still go spoil my name so I had to call it quits.

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
adedayourt:
i ll comment after i don see oga seun comment too

I never see seun comment before oo... the day wey I go see am I go dance shoki...just imagine seun quoting ur nonsense?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Galaxyizuchi: 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
That show that helping people you know not and the one you know is very important, that is good Samaritan help good Samaritan

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
He is very lucky. Tell him to thank his God the man didn't just offer him bobo and 10 naira biscuit which cost him his job opportunity like this dude: https://www.nairaland.com/2435400/how-lost-beautiful-job-opportunity

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by adedayourt(m): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
tobimillar:

I never see seun comment before oo... the day wey I go see am I go dance shoki...just imagine seun quoting ur nonsense?

nd who mite u be undecided

cross my path at ur own funeral
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Louislewis: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
[size=16pt]Na your theoretical stress analysis from school you take repair the jeep as a mechanical engr. or trial by error, which one?[/size]

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by aderonkedeborah(f): 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
good
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
Dis is Super Story.....an exact irony of d story @wenogetjob told us one certain time. Kwantinu.we r watching.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by nidera(f): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
nice story,d guy is blessed..

mine was an interview in one of d private oil coy,four people paid for my transport fare to and fro dat day,people i ve never met in my life including d main boss,he was d last person I saw and he kept me waiting till pass 5 and wen he saw d time he said aww! dat d staff bus has left and as I abt leaving his office,he called me back and was searching for something I don't know in his brief case,,,,,finally he brought out 500 naira and gave to me for transportation,I dd not waste time in collecting d money cus I needed it and he told me they will get back to me through d person dat brought me there..later I started to tell myself dat if I had had a second thought dat i wouldnt ve collectd da money......though d job is not dat encouraging Bt y I wanted it is dat: with time,I might be lucky ending up as full employee or contract staff
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by door2(m): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hapi for u friend.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
I call bullsh1t on this one.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by ExInferis(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
This yarn is fake. Not because its improbable, but because it's too simplistic.

You could see the climax coming from a mile off.

And sorry, just because you're a mechanical engineer doesnt mean you could fix cars, except if you're also a mechanic.

2 Likes

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by cabaliciouscabal: 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
Well u needed no more interview since u av already conducted urself as a reliable, intelligent, prompt and above all kind, by helping ur fellow human being without necessary asking for monetary reward. Even d greatest hard core mad man will welcome u on Board. At dat stage going through d interview would av Jst bn a formality.

Congratulations my Broda,

#continuewithuractofkindness

#itpays

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Apitch(m): 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Once had such similar encounter but I was coming back from work and helped a man change his tyres but unfortunately during the process, I left my original follow-come BB charger on the car roof and that's how I lost it, e pain me that day o but the joy of helping eluded the pain! He gave me a card I never called though we were of same profession. I just didn't want to get any reward for my help

2 Likes

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by CharlesPhc: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
If I were him i will tell my boss to also keep my salary for several months while i keep trekking, afterall my house is not too far from the company...!!! What do u think?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by missKiffy(f): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
Have read a similar story here on nairaland
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Briee(f): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
loomer:
Not all good deeds get rewards

true but u say u no go enter Nl again na, watin u dey do here?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by VANENON(f): 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice one.
Can we all see this, right attitude, a kind and helpful heart not juju got him the job!
Moral of the story, If you are ever in a position to be nice/help, go ahead and help QED.

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by jice(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
ficfic:
Is this suppose to be a story/movie or real life event.... Well, an act of kindness never goes unrewarded no matter how small.

...and I observed that the people that give more are always the people that have less....#BeKind

Keep asking.
Doubting Thomas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Than 23,862 Npower Beneficiaries Disqualified And More To Follow+video / Elites Community Initiative (corps) Of Nigeria (ECI) / Food Concepts Plc (Chicken Republic) Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.