Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job (38644 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips / Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
ExInferis:
This yarn is fake. Not because its improbable, but because it's too simplistic.

You could see the climax coming from a mile off.

And sorry, just because you're a mechanical engineer doesnt mean you could fix cars, except if you're also a mechanic.

I thought as much too. Story sounds kinda cliché

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
free2ryhme:

nice story line
That's why you quoted the whole story?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by PasNina(m): 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]. Interview for 11a.m suddenly takes place by 8a.m Issorait ... I perceive BEANS!
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by loomer: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
modelmike7:
......... Just do it!

Yes sir
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by iammrjohnson(m): 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
God bless u, you just solved a riddle of three years for me..3 years ago a bikeman helped me around 8pm when my car ran out fuel (d guage got broken a day before and no spare time to fix). the area i was was the worst place anyone could leave his car and no filling station was near,all bikes i stopped refused to take to the nearest filling station

then came along this man,probably late mid thirties, i explained all to him, the problem were;

i had just 1k left on me, the next atm was very far and might not even see the car where i left it if i dared going.

i had to buy atleast 8 litres of fuel else the car won't even start,8 litres was like 800naira and the bike fare was supposed to be like 500naira to n fro

he agreed to take the N200 and we went to the station to get fuel leaving the emergency light on, we got there and we had to look for keg, he went about looking for keg when the fuel attendants refused to lend us one. there was even a long queue there and we spent like 20mins there,i didnt even expect to find the car there again cuz that area was very notorious.

he got the fuel and gave it to me while i sat behind him on the bike. then i noticed the 10 litres keg was almost full,when we got to the car(suprisingly still there), i asked him why he bought 1k fuel,then he said i needed the 200 naira more than he did. i almost cried, i do try my best to help people when i can but i never thought anyone would do same for me.

we got the fuel into the car and i gave him the keg(he still had to go back to return the keg o). then i gave him my card and pleaded with him to call me so we could see again. he smiled and left.

i got home and thought of the things i could do to appreciate him. i slept and waited for his call the next day.

brethren,till this minute, that man has not called me. whenever i pass through that area,i look at the face of every bikeman i pass by but i've not come across my helper till date.

now i realise he probably did not lose the card, he just did not call

wow

Apitch:
Once had such similar encounter but I was coming back from work and helped a man change his tyres but unfortunately during the process, I left my original follow-come BB charger on the car roof and that's how I lost it, e pain me that day o but the joy of helping eluded the pain! He gave me a card I never called though we were of same profession. I just didn't want to get any reward for my help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Kay17: 6:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
modelmike7:
It is good to be good... You never know when your good act will come back to you........ Tho' i have heard about this same scenario a couple of times, but who says it cant keep happening?! Just be good to people and leave the rest to God. He NEVER disappoints.

But it not every good act that has a good end. I will say he was lucky.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Theres no good deed without reward.
loomer:
Not all good deeds get rewards
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by loomer: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
uplawal:
Theres no good deed without reward.

Says who?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by chax100(f): 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
The kind of good we did for Buhari and he is paying us with Northerners. Barawo Buhari. grin grin grin
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by bummyla(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
one good turn deserves another! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by amaka42(f): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
Na wao
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by biobash(m): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
“Doing good for a good done to you is simply repayment, whereas doing good for an evil done to you is a tremendous virtue.”'Umar ibn Khattab (ra)

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by KLand(m): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
It is always good to be good.
Congrats bro.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Kay17:

But it not every good act that has a good end. I will say he was lucky.
......... But.................... Just do it!!
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Harmvirus(f): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wow! It's really good to be good
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by flokii: 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
@OP as ur padi luck don shine nko?... na GODWIN grin
my own sef go come
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Missonas(f): 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
jazinogold:
nice idea,@least he go reduce d unemployment statistics! but who e don help?
Una don come o grin
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by sparkleboy(m): 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
The Road To Success Is Dotted With Many Tempting Parking spaces
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
Menaha:
This is a true life experience that happened to my friend who recently secured a job in one of the reputable companies in Nigeria. He's a graduate of mechanical engineering; he studied at FUTO. I was with him last week and he told me how he got the job - it was like a miracle or should i say a blessing from God. I was happy for him and i decided to share the experience with my fellow nlanders. It may be a lesson to us all.

I'm going to narrate the whole experience in his own words (i'm nt a good writer...plz pardon any error). Here it goes:

It was a beautiful tuesday: the day of my interview. I woke up early around 5am to get prepared. The interview was scheduled to hold by 11am, so i had enough time to prepare myself physically, mentally and spiritually...lol. I brushed my teeth, took my bath and prepared my breakfast. After eating, i immediately dressed up in my finest suit. My intention was not only to look presentable to my interviewer but also to look attractive to the female folks around my area. You can call me 'woman wrapper' but one thing is: i don't care.
By 7am, i was set to go. I initially wanted to board a taxi but checking the time, it would be a waste of money because i would still be on time even if i trek, besides the company is not too far from where i reside. Although my neighborhood is quite dangerous to be walking alone but that doesn't scare me.

I've walked for like 20 minutes when i sighted from afar a lexus jeep parked alongside the road. As i drew closer, i noticed a man standing beside it looking confused and worried. The man was also soliloquizing angrily. My instinct told me that maybe the man's jeep has broken and i was right. Seeing how worried the man was, i felt pity for him and decided to see if i can help. I approached the and inquired what was wrong with the jeep and he told me the problem. The problem was not a difficult one to me maybe being a mechanical engineer. Fortunately, the man has some tools, so i went to work but doing so carefully to avoid stains on my dress.

After like 30 minutes, the jeep was back to normal. The man gave a sigh of relief and was very happy. He gave me some money as an appreciation. Although i needed the money but i refused telling him i did it out of goodwill. He insisted but i still refused. He thanked me very much and zoomed off.

At this time, it was already 8am. I just walked directly to the company for my interview. To cut long story short, i was called to the office for the interview. I was about to greet my interviewer but was shocked when i saw him. Guess who? The same man i earlier help to repair his jeep. The man was suprised to see me. He was happy and thanked me again.

I ended up not being interviewed and was given the job. "just like that?" i thought to myself. I was suprised and happy.

It's been two months now and i'm enjoying my work and the company.

THE END.

So my people that's it. Hope we learnt something from this experience.
Drop your thoughts.
LOL.... This is the inverse version of the otondo who told a man to Bleep off after stealing the man's parking space not knowing the man was who he was to get interviewed by.....
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
Menaha:
This is a true life experience that happened to my friend who recently secured a job in one of the reputable companies in Nigeria. He's a graduate of mechanical engineering; he studied at FUTO. I was with him last week and he told me how he got the job - it was like a miracle or should i say a blessing from God. I was happy for him and i decided to share the experience with my fellow nlanders. It may be a lesson to us all.

I'm going to narrate the whole experience in his own words (i'm nt a good writer...plz pardon any error). Here it goes:

It was a beautiful tuesday: the day of my interview. I woke up early around 5am to get prepared. The interview was scheduled to hold by 11am, so i had enough time to prepare myself physically, mentally and spiritually...lol. I brushed my teeth, took my bath and prepared my breakfast. After eating, i immediately dressed up in my finest suit. My intention was not only to look presentable to my interviewer but also to look attractive to the female folks around my area. You can call me 'woman wrapper' but one thing is: i don't care.
By 7am, i was set to go. I initially wanted to board a taxi but checking the time, it would be a waste of money because i would still be on time even if i trek, besides the company is not too far from where i reside. Although my neighborhood is quite dangerous to be walking alone but that doesn't scare me.

I've walked for like 20 minutes when i sighted from afar a lexus jeep parked alongside the road. As i drew closer, i noticed a man standing beside it looking confused and worried. The man was also soliloquizing angrily. My instinct told me that maybe the man's jeep has broken and i was right. Seeing how worried the man was, i felt pity for him and decided to see if i can help. I approached the and inquired what was wrong with the jeep and he told me the problem. The problem was not a difficult one to me maybe being a mechanical engineer. Fortunately, the man has some tools, so i went to work but doing so carefully to avoid stains on my dress.

After like 30 minutes, the jeep was back to normal. The man gave a sigh of relief and was very happy. He gave me some money as an appreciation. Although i needed the money but i refused telling him i did it out of goodwill. He insisted but i still refused. He thanked me very much and zoomed off.

At this time, it was already 8am. I just walked directly to the company for my interview. To cut long story short, i was called to the office for the interview. I was about to greet my interviewer but was shocked when i saw him. Guess who? The same man i earlier help to repair his jeep. The man was suprised to see me. He was happy and thanked me again.

I ended up not being interviewed and was given the job. "just like that?" i thought to myself. I was suprised and happy.

THE END.

Drop your thoughts.
LOL.... This is the inverse version of the otondo who told a man to fvck off after stealing the man's parking space not knowing the man was who he was to get interviewed by.....
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by chronique(m): 11:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nairalanders and their crayfish stories, are like bread and butter. The other day,someone came here and told us how he trekked for an interview and met a lady with a broken down vehicle,how he helped her and got late for the interview and lost the job. Today,someone else is telling us how he trekked for an interview,saw a man with a broken down vehicle,helped him to fix it,got to the interview,saw the same man who thanked him again,and told him not to bother about the interview,and just employed him just like that. The OP claims the company is a big company in Nigeria;which big company in naija will want to hire staffs,and appoint only one person to conduct the interview? Are you sure it's not a Pa Jimoh firm(one man company)? Secondly,how come you guys are always trekking to the venue of your interviews,and always meeting people with broken down vehicles? Anyways,congrats to your friend for getting the job.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 04, 2015
cool...
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by donttouch: 6:48am On Sep 04, 2015
I have watched this movies before.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by castro316: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2015
ExInferis:
This yarn is fake. Not because its improbable, but because it's too simplistic.

You could see the climax coming from a mile off.

And sorry, just because you're a mechanical engineer doesnt mean you could fix cars, except if you're also a mechanic.

Guy u foolish gan. What do u expect a mechanical engineer to know again. Braid hair. A mechanical engineer shld know almost everything about an engine enogh to know what's wrong with it. I could be it wasn't a major fault just to fix one simple thing. Yes miracles can happen as simply as talking to someone in an eatery or just a simple "Good morning" lolz
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Meelaw(m): 8:16am On Sep 04, 2015
Menaha:

THE END.

Drop your thoughts.
Nollywood
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by marshalcarter: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2015
CivilzedTyger:
Eyaaah and if D guy for carry taxi he no 4 c d man o Poverty good sumtyms o grin

Lolzz.....are you kiddin me?? Poverty good??

Dude...you funny ooo grin
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2015
marshalcarter:

Lolzz.....are you kiddin me?? Poverty good??

Dude...you funny ooo grin
No be say I funny make u 2 check am naw. ...poverty played a part in giving hm a job
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by ExInferis(m): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2015
castro316:

Guy u foolish gan. What do u expect a mechanical engineer to know again. Braid hair. A mechanical engineer shld know almost everything about an engine enogh to know what's wrong with it. I could be it wasn't a major fault just to fix one simple thing. Yes miracles can happen as simply as talking to someone in an eatery or just a simple "Good morning" lolz

You know nothing. Internal Combustion Engine itself is a principle based on physics and chemistry, being basically a series of timed explosions due to ignition of compressed and fueled air. The transfer of this violence into rotary motion and the mechanisms involved are what concern mechanical engineers. But a car is much more than mechanical moving parts, there are electrical components, chemical systems, fluid environments/dynamics etc.

Now, if the problem were electrical, or chemical, how would being a mechanical engineer help?

Because you're an Art student, you automatically assume all mechanical engineers are mechanics.

So stop exposing your ignorance on a public forum, olodo.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Donpizzle(m): 10:28am On Sep 04, 2015
Such stories are only heard in seminars. Unfortunately stories told in seminars only happen once in a blue moon. Although Its good to be good.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by castro316: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2015
ExInferis:

You know nothing. Internal Combustion Engine itself is a principle based on physics and chemistry, being basically a series of timed explosions due to ignition of compressed and fueled air. The transfer of this violence into rotary motion and the mechanisms involved are what concern mechanical engineers. But a car is much more than mechanical moving parts, there are electrical components, chemical systems, fluid environments/dynamics etc.

Now, if the problem were electrical, or chemical, how would being a mechanical engineer help?

Because you're an Art student, you automatically assume all mechanical engineers are mechanics.

So stop exposing your ignorance on a public forum, olodo.

I too know. The problem is that u know too much and u forget the whole picture. The I dea here is that God used the little he knows to lift him up and that's all. Upon all u know hope u r not typing this on ur mummy's sofa cos if u are then u r wrong for the record I am. An electrical electronic engineer specialized in making inverters so ig u don't understand God,s role in people's life then hit the highway
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by ExInferis(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
castro316:

I too know. The problem is that u know too much and u forget the whole picture. The I dea here is that God used the little he knows to lift him up and that's all. Upon all u know hope u r not typing this on ur mummy's sofa cos if u are then u r wrong for the record I am. An electrical electronic engineer specialized in making inverters so ig u don't understand God,s role in people's life then hit the highway

there's no such thing as "knowing too much". knowledge is infinite, it's how to use it that's the problem.

i only sought to correct the misconception prevalent in nigeria that every engineer knows everything. People love prefixing "Engineer" to their names even when they're mere technicians, and this deliberate misnomer offends me. Im a purist, you see.

Granted, mechanical engineers build cars, but one needs to specifically have studied particular disciplines within the larger scope. For instance, the engineer who specilized in say planetary gear systems may not necessarily be a specialist in jet engine nozzles. This specialization is what founded my point.

Back to topic: I've been on nairaland more than most people, going back to a decade under my other identity, Neoteny. During this period ive seen a whole host of fake stories, imagined tales, and concocted horse manure enough to spot a fake, for they all share a common trait of simplicity, incredulity, and contrived payoff.

So, i expressed my personal opinion with reasons, which gave you no right to attack me with insults.

Meanwhile, my mum does not have a sofa. She does have an amazing La-Z-Boy though cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Than 23,862 Npower Beneficiaries Disqualified And More To Follow+video / United Bank For Africa (UBA) 2013 Recruitment / Skye. Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.