Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church (1657 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Appearance At Aso Rock Villa Mosque Today / Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed / President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by TippyTop(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has moved against Christian religious activities within the precincts of the Aso Rock presidential villa, a source familiar with the matter has disclosed to The Trent.

The Aso Rock Villa Chapel serves as the official church of Aso Rock where Christian activities inside the presidential villa are conducted.

According to an eyewitness who spoke to The Trent on Thursday, September 3, 2015 on condition of anonymity, heavily armed men stormed the Aso Rock Chapel on Sunday, August 30, 2015 denying worshippers access to the church.

“Normally, services begin by 7am at the church but when we got there, we met armed security men who said we cannot enter. They said they were acting on orders from above. We waited outside till a few minutes past 8am before they allowed us to enter,” the source disclosed.

A visibly embarrassed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who worships at the Villa Church, arrived the Chapel and could be seen managing to conceal a worried expression over the incident.

When our reporter contacted Presidential Spokesman Garba Shehu to confirm the development, he claimed he was not aware of the incident. “What you are telling me is news to me. I am not aware of this issue. There is a lot we are dealing with and I hope you are aware the church was handed over to Vice President Osinbajo. So please call Prince Laolu Akande, his spokesman to confirm this issue”, he said.

Further investigations by The Trent have revealed that Sunday’s move was the second in a series of brazen attempts to shut down Christian activities in the Villa.

Less than two months ago, the Children’s Church of the Villa Chapel where the wife of the Vice President, Mrs. Oludolapo Osinbajo worships with the children was closed down on orders from above. According to our source, “security concerns were given as reasons for the closure of the Children’s Church.”

Attempts by this newspaper to reach Vice-Presidential spokesman Laolu Akande failed as his phone lines were unreachable at the time of filing in this report.
http://www.thetrentonline.com/intolerance-president-buhari-orders-closure-of-aso-rock-villa-church-details/
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by DuchessLily(f): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ok nau... It has 'setted'

If this is true, then he has to close down d aso villa mosque too

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by AlienStar: 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
orders from above? Buhari!
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by jeremiah505(m): 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
Funny...
What do you expect?...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Sent4rina: 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
Na wa o!
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Cutehector(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pdp 2019 please

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by TippyTop(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
It was only a matter of time, we said it, Buhari's true colour about to be revealed.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Rose2014: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
I thought his VP is a pastor. What did he have to say about that?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by HolyHero: 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
king of the north

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
Religion of piss at work, if true

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Psylas(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
wetin concern me
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by christinie(f): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
I warned y'all!

Changii

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by TippyTop(m): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
cc:lalasticlala:obinoscopy, seun
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Built2last: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
hope its not true
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Koboseadotorg(m): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
President Buhari!
I could remember a statement you made on ur inauguration day.
I quote "UR EXCELLENCY PRESIDENT GEJ, YOU HAD THE POWER TO MAKE IT TOUGH FOR ME TO BE INSTALLED AS THE PRESIDENT, BUT YOU NEVER DID"

With this ur recent character, I therefor join tha TANOIDS and say
GEJ MY HERO! tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Austin4lif: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
Am never a fan of Buhari but this story is not true.
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by stinggy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
So if at all he wants to fight Christainity he will start by closing Aso Rock Chapel grin grin

I know many will believe this news undecided
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by TippyTop(m): 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
I hope Buhari don't start forcing schools and colleges to learn the Quoran.
This was my fear of Buhari, he has not disappointed at all.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by chesterlee(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Northonocracy grin grin

It has begun!!!
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Trailblazer1(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Trailblazer1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
“Normally, services begin by 7am at the church but when we got there, we met armed security men who said we cannot enter. They said they were acting on orders from above. We waited outside till a few minutes past 8am before they allowed us to enter,” the source disclosed.

A visibly embarrassed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who worships at the Villa Church, arrived the Chapel and could be seen managing to conceal a worried expression over the incident.

saraki told us but we didnt believe that Osinbajo is a "mere commissioner"
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by phyllosilicate(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
The worst thing is that people lamenting knows this is false, but anything that would bring down Buhari is wellcome.
These are the same people that called the VP a fake pastor when Buhari picked him as running mate and called the SSG that is a pastor an Aboki. SMH

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by deji68: 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
Na lie. .. grin angry
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by MrALIVE: 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
Only a fool will believe this!!! This useless propaganda will not work in Jesus name Amen!
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by fitzmayowa: 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
I don't think PMB will do such a thing...
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by doctokwus: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
stinggy:
So if at all he wants to fight Christainity he will start by closing Aso Rock Chapel grin grin

I know many will believe this news undecided
When the nation still harbors some that are hate filled and get the major part of their education thru the dysfunctional rule over the past 6yrs what do u expect.
Its wen u see reactions to stories like this,u get to understand the level of people that have flocked nland of recent and the owner of the site is unmoved by d damage all these illbred lot are doing to nland.
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by stinggy(m): 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
doctokwus:

When the nation still harbors some that are hate filled and get the major part of their education thru the dysfunctional rule over the past 6yrs what do u expect.
Its wen u see reactions to stories like this,u get to understand the level of people that have flocked nland of recent and the owner of the site is unmoved by d damage all these illbred lot are doing to nland.
Whoever cast a spell on these people did a perfect job.
Foolish doesn't even define some NLanders again.

RIP to common sense here cry cry
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Missy89(f): 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
Cheap lie
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by obailala(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hahaha... The PDP agents foolishly used the propaganda of religious bigotry as the only foundation of their campaigns but even though a lot of Nigerians fell for the trap, a larger population of smart Nigerians still did not fall for the crap.

Now it appears the newly created PDP online media, trentonline is still yet to wake up from their slumber to realise that elections are over and a winner has since been announced. The morons still want to sell the religious card, probably for 2019. grin

I dont blame them though, I rather blame the brainless folks who would excitedly believe and share this bull crap.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by ugoani(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
Just can't be true let's think b4 we respond.
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Nonybb: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
We seriously warned them about this "chanji" they refused
Re: President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by nabiz(m): 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
God pls help nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Golden Rules Of Living .. / :::::: case resolved!!! / Daughter Of Former Taraba State's Governor Releases Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.