Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1334825 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
Matrix07:
is there anyone in University of nottingham,Nottingham Trent University or Teesside university here?
Yes, I proudly rep NTU.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hello House,
Please us there anyone from the University College London (UCL) here?

I badly need a buddy-up and a Flatshare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Graciousrev(f): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
@Justwise;

Please see below documents I intend submitting after filled application;

1. Cover letter stating reasons for incomplete undergraduate degree attached with 2 reference letters from the previous University.
2. CAS.
3. Financial statement with completion of more than 28 days.
4. Cover letter explaining transactions i.e the refund from previous institution and credit deposit (borrowed money from my friend).
5. Original certificate received from previous University as stated on the CAS.
6. Meanwhile,it's been stated on the Cas "We have assessed this student's English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this"(do you think I still need to submit any document in relation to this)
7.Printout evidence of TB exemption.
8.International Passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
Graciousrev:
@Justwise;

Please see below documents I intend submitting after filled application;

1. Cover letter stating reasons for incomplete undergraduate degree attached with 2 reference letters from the previous University.
2. CAS.
3. Financial statement with completion of more than 28 days.
4. Cover letter explaining transactions i.e the refund from previous institution and credit deposit (borrowed money from my friend).
5. Original certificate received from previous University as stated on the CAS.
6. Meanwhile,it's been stated on the Cas "We have assessed this student's English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this"(do you think I still need to submit any document in relation to this)
7.Printout evidence of TB exemption.
8.International Passport

Your list is good, can't think of any thing missing there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Graciousrev(f): 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
justwise:

Your list is good, can't think of any thing missing there.

Thanks Justwise.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2016
Graciousrev:

Thanks Justwise.....

All the very best of luck

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Matrix07: 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
marauka:

Yes, I proudly rep NTU.
please how is the school like. just got admitted against next year September. can we connect so i ask u some questions. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bella9550: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
I'm in UCL. Are you looking for accommodation near the school ? or you wouldn't mind somewhere further north, like Edgware ?

LaaJiblik:
Hello House,
Please us there anyone from the University College London (UCL) here?

I badly need a buddy-up and a Flatshare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bella9550:
I'm in UCL. Are you looking for accommodation near the school ? or you wouldn't mind somewhere further north, like Edgware ?

Thanks Bella9550.
Ideally, I would have preferred somewhere close to school - say zone 1.
But the prices there are really crazy.
Please what are the approx prices for Flatshare around Edgware?
I think we should keep in touch.
I have sent you an email.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bella9550: 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
It's actually a house, if you don't mind ? about 850 pounds a month bills included. Please send a number i can reach you on via email. Thanks

LaaJiblik:

Thanks Bella9550.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bella9550:
It's actually a house, if you don't mind ? about 850 pounds a month bills included. Please send a number i can reach you on via email. Thanks

That is ridiculous, London is just a rip-off anyway, why would any foreign student pay that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
@ oga justwise, olowo b and others, Plz how do i receive money from nigerian to the UK. What is the most preferred means .Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bella9550: 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
haha its not a student accommodation.

justwise:

That is ridiculous, London is just a rip-off anyway, why would any foreign student pay that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bella9550:
haha its not a student accommodation.

The moment a student moves in it becomes student accommodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
Dynamitehimself:
@ oga justwise, olowo b and others, Plz how do i receive money from nigerian to the UK. What is the most preferred means .Thanks

Tried western union?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Congrats smartoes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2016
Dynamitehimself:
Do you mean you're in the UK and you want to receive money from Nigeria? There are a number of ways to do that. You could try RIA or moneygram. They have become extremely difficult to use recently though. Another way is to go through exchangers. Hope this helped
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bella9550:

Are you renting the whole house to him or just the room?

LaaJiblik:

Thanks Bella9550.
Thanks

UCL is in the middle of Central London, which means you can live anywhere around it. I don't know your budget but look for a place between zone 1 and 3 with (possibly) direct link to central London. Stratford is usually a go to area for most people but remember, the closer the better.
Use http://www.spareroom.co.uk to filter by zones and also search on gumtree.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 12:13am On Nov 07, 2016
Thanks@justwise.Olowob,thank you for your support
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:07am On Nov 07, 2016
Dynamitehimself:
Its simple. look for someone who has pounds to sell then you pay the naira equivalent into the person's account and the person will send the pounds to you. send a pm to me if u still need assistance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2016
justwise:

Tried western union?

No but heard its difficult with the new transaction limit thing you can only send little and could take days. It's not like it use to be.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 7:58am On Nov 07, 2016
fizzile:
Its simple. look for someone who has pounds to sell then you pay the naira equivalent into the person's account and the person will send the pounds to you. send a pm to me if u still need assistance.

Sent you pm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:04am On Nov 07, 2016
justwise:

Perhaps because U.c.L. is one of the top schools in the world
with excellent job placement results.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
Matrix07:

please how is the school like. just got admitted against next year September. can we connect so i ask u some questions. thanks
Congratulations. What question do you have about the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 5:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
hello house,can i drive in the uk as a student?if so,how?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Graciousrev(f): 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
Smartoes:

You'll have to go through the following;

1.Get a theory test booked(Study for it).

2. Pass the theory test.

3. Decide if it's either manual or automatic.

4.Book for your lessons.

5.I believe your instructor would let you know when you are ready for your driving test.

Note:You need to leave the fact that you've driven in Nigeria previously;so many rules you need to adhere to,and also as an international student,you need to be careful with speed,insurance etc for the sake of immigration history...(It's just a piece of advice).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
Smartoes:

Yes you can but you need to put aleast £4000 aside for insurance, road tax and MOT a year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 2:57am On Nov 08, 2016
Smartoes:

You can also get an international driving license from Nigeria before coming to the UK. It is valid for a year so you can start driving immediately you get here before taking your tests.

justwise:

Yes you can but you need to put aleast £4000 aside for insurance, road tax and MOT a year.

Chai, you people like scare tactics oooo grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2016
Bella9550:

Hi Bella9550,
Many thanks.
The 850pcm you talking about, is it in Central, near UCL or its the one up North? Around Edgware?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hello Justwise and House...kindly assist with this.
I have been denied US student visa 3 times in the past this year before i decided to opt for UK instead. I have gotten my CAS and i am at the application stage. I know i have to state whether i have been denied visas to other countries before which i have done. My question is this:

1. Will this have any negative effect on my application?
2. Do i need to explain in the space given for additional information?

I will appreciate all the advice i can get.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
Aaybl:
Hello

I will appreciate all the advice i can get.

1 Yes it could do but we can not see the future so you need to apply.
2 Yes you very much need to explain what is different now. Three rejections looks bad so you mus convince the VO that you are a genuine student that will return home after study.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=Aaybl post=50873098]Hello Justwise and House...kindly assist with this.
I have been denied US student visa 3 times in the past this year before i decided to opt for UK instead. I have gotten my CAS and i am at the application stage. I know i have to state whether i have been denied visas to other countries before which i have done. My question is this:

I will appreciate all the advice i can get.[/

From a first hand experience, it will not actually affect it unless there is more to it like if you were refused on the ground of previous conviction. Before coming to UK, USA embassy refused me visa. Dont panic. Relax and pray. You will get your visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.