Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336328 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
@justwise and everyone

Uhm I've gotten my CAS letter and I'm about applying for Tier 4 GENERAL student VISA. I wana ask if I can make use of a stamped copy of my WASSCE result when going to the embassy since the original certificate is not out. Prolly stamped or attested by a High court or even the Ministry of Education.

N/B: I wrote the examination this year (May/June 2016) and the ORIGINAL certificate isn't out.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation. Happy New Month in advance ! smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 3:57am On Dec 01, 2016
waynee2baba:
@justwise and everyone

Uhm I've gotten my CAS letter and I'm about applying for Tier 4 GENERAL student VISA. I wana ask if I can make use of a stamped copy of my WASSCE result when going to the embassy since the original certificate is not out. Prolly stamped or attested by a High court or even the Ministry of Education.

N/B: I wrote the examination this year (May/June 2016) and the ORIGINAL certificate isn't out.

Tell your university and have them write it on the CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2016
Hello Guys pls who has a reliable agent in uk that can pay pounds and get naira paid into his or her account in nigeria. Pls @justwise and co need your responses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MikeSpokes(m): 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Love this thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello guys, I think am almost set to make my VISA application but I have two questions.

1. I discovered that there is a slight error in my UK address shown on my TB certificate. Do you think it matters?

2. I have not got an experienced photographer to help with the passport photo, can I do it at the Ikeja UKVI office on my appointment day?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
teejay21111:
Hello guys, I think am almost set to make my VISA application but I have two questions.

1. I discovered that there is a slight error in my UK address shown on my TB certificate. Do you think it matters?

2. I have not got an experienced photographer to help with the passport photo, can I do it at the Ikeja UKVI office on my appointment day?

Thanks

1. shouldn't matter but you can just make a note of it in the application form.

2. There's no need for passports anymore. They will take a picture of you at the submission center
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Monspubis: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello good people,who has recent experience with the priority service at Ikeja VAC.I submitted a Tier 2 Application about 9 workings ago and I haven't heard anything from them.Called UKVI and they kept saying no record found.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello nairalanders,

Happy new month to everyone on this forum wishing you all the best.

I have a question bugging my mind. Can a spouse of a tier 4 (general student) apply for a dependent visa to join the spouse three months after the spouse travelled to uk for schooling? If yes,

Secondly, if while filling the tier 4 student visa, the applicant while filling the name of spouse, mistakenly filled his/ her own name, however attached a marriage certificate to prove that he/ she is married. Will this in any way affect the dependant spouse when applying for a dependant visa.

Note the spouse could not join initially due to work constraint but is free now to join the spouse.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
waynee2baba:
@justwise and everyone

Stamped by who?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
marauka:
Hello nairalanders,

Happy new month to everyone on this forum wishing you all the best.

I have a question bugging my mind. Can a spouse of a tier 4 (general student) apply for a dependent visa to join the spouse three months after the spouse travelled to uk for schooling? If yes,

Secondly, if while filling the tier 4 student visa, the applicant while filling the name of spouse, mistakenly filled his/ her own name, however attached a marriage certificate to prove that he/ she is married. Will this in any way affect the dependant spouse when applying for a dependant visa.

Note the spouse could not join initially due to work constraint but is free now to join the spouse.

1. Yes you can

2. Correct the mistake on the hard copy of the form before submitting. You can as well make a brief note of the mistake for the ECO and attach it to your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Hello Guys pls who has a reliable agent in uk that can pay pounds and get naira paid into his or her account in nigeria. Pls @justwise and co need your responses.

I really don't know any though somebody asked the same question here or the other thread last mouth and got an answer. Read back here or the other UK student thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
spikesC:

1. shouldn't matter but you can just make a note of it in the application form.

2. There's no need for passports anymore. They will take a picture of you at the submission center

Do you mean I should write it in the additional information section of the online application form?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
teejay21111:

Do you mean I should write it in the additional information section of the online application form?
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
justwise:

1. Yes you can

2. Correct the mistake on the hard copy of the form before submitting. You can as well make a brief note of the mistake for the ECO and attach it to your application

Thank you justwise,

We haven't started the process of the dependant visa yet. The mistake was done while the student spouse was filing the visa application form. In the part for spouse name, the student spouse filled in his own name as the name of the spouse. That was a very sincere but silly mistake. Although a marriage certificate was submitted alongside. Presumably, they would have seen the correct name of the spouse. Fast forward to now, the spouse wants to join as a dependant, will they question why the spouse name didn't appear in the student spouses' application form?
Also, what are the fate of their children can they also come along?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
justwise:

Stamped by who?

Stamped by a notary public or can I submit a scratch card ? Or just go with a printout of the result and explain why the certificate isn't ready ? On UK gov. website, it's written only ORIGINALS... No scanned documents or copies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 10:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello guys. Does anyone know roughly how many days Tier 4 dependant visa application takes for decision to be made on it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2016
I just read from a site that student submitting application less than 6 weeks to the course start date should use priority service. My course starts by 1st of January, and I am about to make online payment but I can't afford priority service. Please advice, should I make the normal payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 8:26am On Dec 02, 2016
I can not even find the option for priority online, how do I make the priority payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Monspubis: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2016
teejay21111:
I can not even find the option for priority online, how do I make the priority payment?
You pay for priority after submitting your application onlibe.You pay on TLS(the VAC) website,albeit there z also an option of paying with your card at their office on the day of your biometrics(you may want to avoid that owing to card restrictions these days as they will charge you in pounds).
You may also want to avoid TLS Ikeja for now.I made a priority application myself and its been 10days,they are yet to even confirm receipt of the application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 9:27am On Dec 02, 2016
Hope the priority is still £150.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2016
waynee2baba:

Stamped by a notary public or can I submit a scratch card ? Or just go with a printout of the result and explain why the certificate isn't ready ? On UK gov. website, it's written only ORIGINALS... No scanned documents or copies.

Which copy did you submit to the Uni to get the admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
justwise:

Which copy did you submit to the Uni to get the admission?

Just the normal WAEC result printout from WAEC's website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
waynee2baba:

Just the normal WAEC result printout from WAEC's website.

That is exactly what you need to submit as long as they are listed on your CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
justwise:

That is exactly what you need to submit as long as they are listed on your CAS

Okay thanks a lot man!

Any Nairalander going to the UK for an undergrad. degree next year?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
Any one here going to the Glasgow Caledonian university (GCU) next year January for studies?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
I need an answer please

jelmusboy:
Hello guys. Does anyone know roughly how many days Tier 4 dependant visa application takes for decision to be made on it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by azeez300: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2016
Good morning everyone. I am new here plus I need Gmat past question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by austinice4: 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
jelmusboy:
I need an answer please

Minimum of 1 working day (when you use Priority or Super Priority), Maximum of 15 working days (when you use standard).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Please help on the following questions:

1. Please advice on how to print my official financial sponsor's letter, should I print in colored or black and white?

2. Also, the Issuing authority of my passport in my application couldn't accommodate Federal Republic of Nigeria, do you advise I write just Nigeria?

3. What is your advice on the address to use for UK contact details? I used the same address as for the sponsor (school) address.

4. What is your advice on how to answer interview questions on accommodation cos I have not made any arrangement on that at present.

5. My first traveling was to Tanzania which was without visa, then I got a 3 months tourist visa on arrival and later extend it to residence C permit for one year. Also, the tourist stamp (3 months) is not appearing on my passport anymore cos the one year residence C permit stamp was placed on it. Now in filling my application form, 'have you traveled to any commonwealth country?', I answered YES, of which I couldn't fill the tourist visa information cos it was not appearing at all, so I put the information of one year residence permit. But it contradicts the information on another question which says 'have you traveled out of your country before?' because the dates were quite different. PLEASE IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE POINT AM MAKING HERE, I CAN EXPLAIN BETTER.

Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hiccups: 4:08am On Dec 04, 2016
MrsDaniels:

If the amount is not more than £5k & you willing to pay black market rate, I may want to help

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.