Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,010 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332775 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Moana(f): 4:09am On Jan 17, 2017
drobadebayo:
So I got my passport back after some 37 days of waiting.
Unfortunately they didn't return my original supporting documents(degree certificate and the likes).
Does anyone have any experience with this?How long does it take them to return original documents and how do I get them back?
did you eventually get your documents back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Moana(f): 9:03am On Jan 17, 2017
Hello guys, has anyone ever experienced a situation where they pay the priority visa fee buy still get their visa well after the 5working days period given?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
Moana:
Hello guys, has anyone ever experienced a situation where they pay the priority visa fee buy still get their visa well after the 5working days period given?
Yes dear.Got mine after 30 working days.No apologies at all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Moana(f): 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
drobadebayo:

Yes dear.Got mine after 30 working days.No apologies at all
after paying the extra £150? shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Peachie11(f): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello, I enrolled in the University of central lancashire perston,i was supposed to resume on 14th of January, but due to the fact that the school fee, has not stayed up to 28 days in my account, I was unable to apply for my visa, I had to request for an extension,the deadline the gave me in the school is 23rd of January, I only have few days from the moment the money would complete 28days to on the 23rd ,I was asked to request for a supper priority visa, that takes only 24 hours, and with extra fee, I want to know my chances of getting my visa approved because am paying more than#1m for just the visa application, I dont want it to go to waste. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
Moana:
after paying the extra £150? shocked
I think u read my post correctly nd I read yours as well...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 18, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by austinice4: 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
Aybs:
Please can anyone help with accommodation around Manchester, Salford to be precise.

Send me an inbox if you're serious abt an accommodation in Salford.......I've got a free room available.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
Please is there anyone studying MSC in GCU here? I really need to speak with you. GCU only please. It's very important.

GCU (Glasgow Caledonian University)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
ThaPatriot:

lol, 3million naira be looking like a chicken change. well, i quite understand sha.

about the German school i am actually considering language barrier
You'll need to deposit your maintenance fees in a locked German account if you wanted to go with the Germany option and the 3m might still not be enough.
If you don't really mind where and you wish you wish to study something computer related, you could research on studying in Estonia. There's a thread on nairaland that has all the information you need.
Alternatively, you could try applying for ptdf scholarships in Nigeria. I know a couple of people here on that scholarship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walton1(m): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2017
Good day sir, am a MSc scholar, my school Robert Gordon University is scheduled to resume on the 22nd January, 2017 as the earliest enrollment date and 30th January, 2017 as the start date, I am yet to apply for Visa and hoping to do so before the month ends, I will want to know if I can still apply after the 22nd January, 2017 the earliest enrollment date. Sir, I will like to know if I can still apply for Visa after the scheduled date or I will just defer the scholarship till September, 2017 due to paucity of funds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SisterCaro(m): 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Naykay: 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
Please fellow nairalanders I am searching for a double room apartment that is close to Cardiff met university, Llandaff campus to be precise. If you have any one available, please do contact me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
walton1:
Good day sir, am a MSc scholar, my school Robert Gordon University is scheduled to resume on the 22nd January, 2017 as the earliest enrollment date and 30th January, 2017 as the start date, I am yet to apply for Visa and hoping to do so before the month ends, I will want to know if I can still apply after the 22nd January, 2017 the earliest enrollment date. Sir, I will like to know if I can still apply for Visa after the scheduled date or I will just defer the scholarship till September, 2017 due to paucity of funds.

Yes sure. Just pay for Super Priority services which costs £750 in addition to your application fees and you'd get a decision within 24 hours or Priority services which costs £150 extra too, and you'd get a decision within 3-7 working days. I'd advise you use the Abuja VAC Centre because they're faster.

Goodluck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
Peachie11:
Hello, I enrolled in the University of central lancashire perston,i was supposed to resume on 14th of January, but due to the fact that the school fee, has not stayed up to 28 days in my account, I was unable to apply for my visa, I had to request for an extension,the deadline the gave me in the school is 23rd of January, I only have few days from the moment the money would complete 28days to on the 23rd ,I was asked to request for a supper priority visa, that takes only 24 hours, and with extra fee, I want to know my chances of getting my visa approved because am paying more than#1m for just the visa application, I dont want it to go to waste. Thanks

Oops so sorry about that. But no one can actually tell you, your chances or guarantee you a positive result. Life is a risk, you've got to take it. If you don't risk certain things, you won't achieve your sole aim or main motive.

-Just have your maintenance money (very very essential)
-All necessary documents (very essential)
-Practice interview questions very well. Try as much as possible to be audible, fluent and confident.
-Make sure you know all possible questions.

When you do the right thing, you won't be denied.
I had these negative thoughts too, last year December, when I was about to and after having my interview. I made a key error (I forgot to include my dad's consent letter, maybe because our applications were together, it saved my head) and some trivial errors, but God saw me through.

*Be hopeful and prayerful.
Take the risk, come back here and testify.
I wish you a Successful interview and Good luck. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lanced: 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
Inbox me your UK mobile number
ayla1:

Hey, 'military man', never knew you r also a nairalander ooo, eje run kanra won grin( chai, i dnt knw how to interprete this one ooo, English gurus, abeg help me!)

That will really be nice. Let me know when you are in.

Have a safe trip to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tay16(f): 6:47am On Jan 20, 2017
Good morning NL travellers. I have an unconditional offer for the September intake can i start applying for a student visa as early as February or I have to wait and apply 3months before the enrollment date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:23am On Jan 20, 2017
Tay16:
Good morning NL travellers. I have an unconditional offer for the September intake can i start applying for a student visa as early as February or I have to wait and apply 3months before the enrollment date?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:49am On Jan 20, 2017
SisterCaro:
Hello justwise and everyone else that can be of assistance to me smiley

I applied for a student visa to do my postgrad and I was denied a visa for the following reasons;

1.) They didn't believe that my official academic transcript was legit. It was the same transcript i used to get admission. My certificate will only be available later this year.

2.) They didn't believe that my transcript was legit so he/she was even questioning if the CAS letter was even valid. (So i'm assuming they didn't bother contacting the university to confirm the validity)

3.) They were under the impression that the statements i provided did not constitute cash savings, therefore they believe that I didn't have proof of sufficient funds to sustain myself and pay the remaining 50% of my tuition fees (i already paid half the tuition in order for me to get my CAS letter). I used 2 investment bank statements from my parents that reflected a balance of over US$47,000 that has been there for the last 3months. I used the similar statements for my SA Student Visa for my undergrad, which was granted.

I wanted to appeal the decision, but I have a dilemma. My last date of registration is Mid-February and i dont know if the appeal decision can be made before then. So i wanted to know can i postpone the intake to September and appeal the decision or do i make a fresh application in June for the Sept intake?

I plan on getting a letter from my former university that supports the academic transcript and maybe have the bank write another letter that supports the bank statements, because the money is transferable at any time.

Feel free to help if you have been in the same situation. Thanks

1. You can get a letter from your school to prove that the transcript is not fake. This letter should be written with school letterhead and stamped. There should be school contact number(please this shouldn't that of any of the lecturers)

2. The embassy can easily verify the CAS because they have access to the CAS system shared with all schools with sponsorship licence.

3. Investment bank statement is not cash in hand or cash available in current or savings account, make that money available in your bank account or your parent's current or savings bank account.

If i were you i will reapply because appeal may eat up the little time you have. Going for sept intake is also ok as that will give you enough time for appeal(if you want to do that) and get all other documents ready
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by negy2016: 10:04am On Jan 21, 2017
Pls have they return all your original documents? Because am in the same situation.. I sent message but nothing from them.. It's almost a month now

Yes dear.Got mine after 30 working days.No apologies at all[/quote] drobadebayo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2017
negy2016:
Pls have they return all your original documents? Because am in the same situation.. I sent message but nothing from them.. It's almost a month now

Yes dear.Got mine after 30 working days.No apologies at all drobadebayo
Better call them asap
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 11:49am On Jan 21, 2017
Moana:
did you eventually get your documents back?
Yea I did
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by negy2016: 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
drobadebayo:

Better call them asap

Pls could you please give me the number you use to call them.. @ drobadebayo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by negy2016: 8:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
drobadebayo:

Yea I did

Pls how did u collect it and where? Am really worried, both my MSc and BSc certificates are with them.. @drobadebayo.. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
negy2016:

Pls could you please give me the number you use to call them.. @ drobadebayo
Check d email TLS or ukvi sent to u.You should be able to follow a link that says contact ukvi,u ll get a number to call dere
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hey guys, please who has ever encountered issues regarding refund of IHS? Since September i had my interview after paying for IHS twice, have been in the UK for some months now and have been calling and sending mails to them and yet i still haven't gotten a refund. What do i do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 8:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Peachie11:

You will get your visa, please be positive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 9:08am On Jan 22, 2017
Please can you help me with ways of sending money home, I felt WesternUnion is quite expensive. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:42am On Jan 22, 2017
teejay21111:
Please can you help me with ways of sending money home, I felt WesternUnion is quite expensive. Thanks
I do send money through a store here. He is an agent of AT&T and he charges 5pounds for every 100pounds. He pays in Naira into the account you want to send it to. The second option i use is a friend who often needs pounds here. Dont even try using western union cos d rate will so drop.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 10:00am On Jan 22, 2017
fizzile:
I do send money through a store here. He is an agent of AT&T and he charges 5pounds for every 100pounds. He pays in Naira into the account you want to send it to. The second option i use is a friend who often needs pounds here. Dont even try using western union cos d rate will so drop.

What is the exchange rate used in both cases?

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.