Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339208 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 1:58am On Feb 01, 2017
teekay213:
how can i get an agent to help?

Google still remains the best agent.

Search for Universities in North Cyprus offering your desired course, tuition fees, ranking, etc

Well, I wouldn't wanna derail by explaining in details because this tread is ONLY for UK current and prospective students.

Kindly visit the North Cyprus Nairaland tread using the link below;

https://www.nairaland.com/351402/north-cyprus/259

Ask all your questions there, a guy called @wip7 would be able to answer your questions promptly, give you details and help you apply for FREE if you find any difficulty in applying yourself.

Others that are North Cyprus inclined in terms of education would also be able to assist you.

Note: He's not an agent, just a philanthropist and selfless humanitarian.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by larion: 11:30am On Feb 01, 2017
larion:

Thanks bro,

We'll keep d fingers crossed.

Afterall said and done....it came out good.

She picked the vignette yesterday and adviced to proceed for BRP which would last till 2020.

It was a good one, I guess the ECO didn't see the pregnant marker on the TB test, or dey did and didn't consider it, anyways, all glory to God.

Thanks justwise and team for your continuous response here.

To anyone who travelled recently, what's the point of entry like?
Can a one way ticket be purchased? Since she's going away for 3 years, I know entry in South Africa always demand return ticket, how is it in the UK. Flights are expensive on naira equivalent and we trying to cut cost.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by wazobia2: 11:39am On Feb 01, 2017
Nothing wrong with buying a one way ticket. Only reason I'd buy a return in her case is if I have some kind of plan to return to Nigeria within the year. Her visa is for three years, she can stay put in the UK for the duration of her leave.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ren001: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2017
waynee2baba:

Wow. I'd be attending the University of Bedfordshire next month. My tier 4 student visa application was successful.

Well, I advise you put the Student Village Accommodation address. Filling it doesn't necessarily mean that you would be mandated to reside there. Once you get your visa, it's optional.

But you shouldn't stay miles farthest away from the University, because you would be monitored. The penalty is withdrawal of Tier 4 license sponsorship by the University. I'm sure you know what that means. It's au revoir to UK.

Using the University's accommodation address if you're below 18 MIGHT have added advantages when the Entry Clearance Officer is about to take a decision on your submitted VISA application.

For my case, I used the University's accommodation address. The interviewer asked me the exact location of the Student Accommodation and postal code... Smh

I booked a single standard room for 3 months with a shared toilet (Only 2 people) at Lea halls for £99 per week. I made that reservation via email because the Student Village's website is ambiguous and not apt.

It's a 10 minute walk to the University albeit Fitzory and Wenlock courts in Luton are a minute from the University. Rents there are £135 per week and above - - Single Deluxe, En-suite, etc

Bedford campus - - £85-£87 per week.

Before the 3 months run out, I would have settled down, acclimatised, and explored cheaper rent options to save costs.

I think that would be my best bet.

Thanks,im an msc student,I've just emailed them,were you asked to pay when you made the booking or pay on arrival in the U.K.?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:55am On Feb 01, 2017
Ren001:

Thanks,im an msc student,I've just emailed them,were you asked to pay when you made the booking or pay on arrival in the U.K.?

Nope. It's optional, either you pay after your reservation has been made or you pay on your arrival.

It's just a reservation, after that anticipated check-in date, and you don't fancy it again, the reservation made can be cancelled. It's that flexible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ren001: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
waynee2baba:

Nope. It's optional, either you pay after your reservation has been made or you pay on your arrival.

It's just a reservation, after that anticipated check-in date, and you don't fancy it again, the reservation made can be cancelled. It's that flexible.

The rep made a booking for me but said I would have to pay 2 weeks rent and 198 deposit,to complete the booking,I asked if I could pay on arrival but she said no,I'll just have to go with it.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ren001:

The rep made a booking for me but said I would have to pay 2 weeks rent and 198 deposit,to complete the booking,I asked if I could pay on arrival but she said no,I'll just have to go with it.thanks

Okay. Mine was different, I contacted a member of the Student Village Accommodation not the University. No deposit was made and payment on or before arrival was optional.

Good luck tho.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolfa(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good evening friends, please I need your advice urgently....I have applied for tier 4 visa since Jan 5th this year....till now have got no decision mail and it's now more than 15 working days....my school resumed today....and the latest date of arrival is February 15th....I made enquiry...the response was application in progress....
please is there anything I can do to speed up or notify the embassy that am time bound??

cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
tolfa:
Good evening friends, please I need your advice urgently....I have applied for tier 4 visa since Jan 5th this year....till now have got no decision mail and it's now more than 15 working days....my school resumed today....and the latest date of arrival is February 15th....I made enquiry...the response was application in progress....
please is there anything I can do to speed up or notify the embassy that am time bound??

cc justwise

There's little or nothing that can be done bro. Just be hopeful and prayerful, you'd get a pick up mail soon.

Stay calm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolfa(m): 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2017
waynee2baba:

There's little or nothing that can be done bro. Just be hopeful and prayerful, you'd get a pick up mail soon.

Stay calm.

thanks so much bro....I hope the pick up mail comes soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
larion:

Afterall said and done....it came out good.

She picked the vignette yesterday and adviced to proceed for BRP which would last till 2020.

It was a good one, I guess the ECO didn't see the pregnant marker on the TB test, or dey did and didn't consider it, anyways, all glory to God.

Thanks justwise and team for your continuous response here.

To anyone who travelled recently, what's the point of entry like?
Can a one way ticket be purchased? Since she's going away for 3 years, I know entry in South Africa always demand return ticket, how is it in the UK. Flights are expensive on naira equivalent and we trying to cut cost.

Congratulations! Glad it all worked out fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2017
tolfa:
Good evening friends, please I need your advice urgently....I have applied for tier 4 visa since Jan 5th this year....till now have got no decision mail and it's now more than 15 working days....my school resumed today....and the[b] latest date of arrival is February 15th.[/b]...I made enquiry...the response was application in progress....

cc justwise

They will get back to you before that date. Probably this week since your school resumed today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Momolala: 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hello,

I would like you to help me with a query please. I am currently on a Tier 4 student visa. I am required to register with and update the police. 4 years ago, I changed from Address A to Address B. I have now recently moved from Address B to Address C. However, I have only registered Address A and C with the police. It was a big oversight that I didn't register Address B. I am now hoping to extend my tier 4 visa. What should I do about the addresses? Should I include all of them on my application but they won't match my police certificate or extend Address A to cover the period I lived at Address B? Does UKBA check each applicant's addressses?

Thank you so much in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teekay213(m): 5:54am On Feb 06, 2017
waynee2baba:

Google still remains the best agent.

Search for Universities in North Cyprus offering your desired course, tuition fees, ranking, etc

Well, I wouldn't wanna derail by explaining in details because this tread is ONLY for UK current and prospective students.

Kindly visit the North Cyprus Nairaland tread using the link below;

https://www.nairaland.com/351402/north-cyprus/259

Ask all your questions there, a guy called @wip7 would be able to answer your questions promptly, give you details and help you apply for FREE if you find any difficulty in applying yourself.

Others that are North Cyprus inclined in terms of education would also be able to assist you.

Note: He's not an agent, just a philanthropist and selfless humanitarian.

I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for helping me out.
i hear a lot of bad things about north cyprus esp their standard of living,racism etc.
is there any other country easier for one to work and study?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 6:57am On Feb 06, 2017
teekay213:
Thanks a lot for helping me out.
i hear a lot of bad things about north cyprus esp their standard of living,racism etc.
is there any other country easier for one to work and study?

You should be happy that their standard of living is not on the high side compared to the UK or Canada. There's racism everywhere! It even boils down to tribalism in Nigeria.

Where you have people with different beliefs, skin colour, language, there would always be racism. After all, you'd find many Nigerians there. In fact, Nigerians are virtually everywhere!

You can work whilst studying in North Cyprus, but you must be heavily funded from home. You shouldn't have the mentality of working to pay your tuition, cash from menial jobs can't do that.

To be honest, Universities in various countries I know might not accept you because of the age factor.

Your best bet still remains North Cyprus.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teekay213(m): 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
waynee2baba:

You should be happy that their standard of living is not on the high side compared to the UK or Canada. There's racism everywhere! It even boils down to tribalism in Nigeria.

Where you have people with different beliefs, skin colour, language, there would always be racism. After all, you'd find many Nigerians there. In fact, Nigerians are virtually everywhere!

You can work whilst studying in North Cyprus, but you must be heavily funded from home. You shouldn't have the mentality of working to pay your tuition, cash from menial jobs can't do that.

To be honest, Universities in various countries I know might not accept you because of the age factor.

Your best bet still remains North Cyprus.
Thanks!are they not other way of traveling apart from student visa.i just want to get out of this country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 10:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
Please can anyone help me with the current charge on UK visa application and and TB test? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dossylvanus(m): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hi guys... I want to know if an official letterheaded statement of result and official transcript is enough to show proof of degree for a tier 4 general student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 3:11am On Feb 11, 2017
Emexnairaland:
Please can anyone help me with the current charge on UK visa application and and TB test? Thanks
pls can someone help here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2017
Bourne007:
Probably you should sign out and sign back in again. There has always been the Lagos option so not sure what's happening. Probably an issue with the website.

This forum is excellent, thanks everyone for your advice. I picked up my dependent visa yesterday. It took just about 7 working days. I will post a list of documents I submitted and my interview questions to help others. I'm so happy!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:47am On Feb 11, 2017
@figel

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
Didn't realise dependants do interview too o. Congrats smiley

figel:

This forum is excellent, thanks everyone for your advice. I picked up my dependent visa yesterday. It took just about 7 working days. I will post a list of documents I submitted and my interview questions to help others. I'm so happy!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ufeedoh: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please I need a favour, is there anybody coming to London from Abuja next week? I urgently need ur help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
Bourne007:
Didn't realise dependants do interview too o. Congrats smiley

It was a phone interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apostle67: 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
pls I need an accommodation in Aberdeen. If you have a room or you know anyone who can help pls contact me, its urgent. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2017
Emexnairaland:
pls can someone help here?

I did mine #47500 last year but you can call the office to confirm on this number 08072191112

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 2:41am On Feb 12, 2017
Here are the documents i submitted.

-Enrollment letter from my hubby's Uni
-Invitation letter from hubby
-Introduction letter from hubby and exlaining my relationship to him.
-TB Certificate
-Statement of Account
-Marriage Certificate
-Wedding Pictures
-Chat history (Whatsapp, BBM and Facebook). For bbm and whatsapp (9 months chat (April 2016 - January 2017)) for facebook, printed out 2010 - 2013 chats (screen grabs).
-Copy of hubby's BRP
-Copy of Hubby's int't passport

All in all, total pages of documents submitted was about 800 smiley

Phone Interview Questions
-What is your name?
-What is your hubby's name and DoB?
-When did you get married and where?
-What does hubby do in UK?
-Which course and University?
-Who is sponsoring you?
-How did hubby get money?
-When do you plan to travel?
-Have you ever lived anywhere asides your home country?

Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 7:51am On Feb 13, 2017
teejay21111:

I did mine #47500 last year but you can call the office to confirm on this number 08072191112
Thanks teejay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolfa(m): 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2017
Good day friends, as at this evening have not heard from UK embassy since January 9th that they sent an email that they have received my application. my latest arrival date is February 15th on my CAS...although the school as agreed to grant me late arrival. all my calls and emails enquiries to HGS was "application currently in progress"
Please is there anyone that has been granted visa after the latest arrival date on CAS.
what else can I do about this situation?
all advice welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.