Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1335838 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2017
teejay21111:

What is the exchange rate used in both cases?
My friend sells at abokifx rate while d other is slighy below that. In most cases its same rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ginika08: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello guys, please besides my tuition for my Msc program, how much money do I need to have to prove my maintainace cost baring in my mind I have accommodation from my sister close to the university I am applying for? Please your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ginika08: 12:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hello guys, please besides my tuition for my Msc program, how much money do I need to have to prove my maintainace cost baring in my mind I have accommodation from my sister close to the university I am applying for? Please your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Please answers!!! Please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
Even though your sis has accommodation close to the university, you still need to show maintenance funds (in or outside London) for 9 months as required.

ginika08:
Hello guys, please besides my tuition for my Msc program, how much money do I need to have to prove my maintainace cost baring in my mind I have accommodation from my sister close to the university I am applying for? Please your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Please answers!!! Please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ginika08: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Good, but how much do I need to show my maintenance cost?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
"The monthly living costs that you will need to show will depend on where you will be studying in the UK.
You must show that you have:

 £1,265 per month for a maximum of 9 months for living costs if you are studying in London for the
majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time);
 £1,015 per month for a maximum of 9 months for living costs if you are studying outside London or
anywhere else in the UK for the majority of your study (more than 50%
of your study time)."

ginika08:
Good, but how much do I need to show my maintenance cost?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hi house, i just got married and I want to apply for as a dependent with my hubby who is a phd student. My passport is still valid for 4 years. Do i need to do a change of name and apply for a new passport. All my docs, even the tb test certificate is in my maiden name. My hubby says its not important as the marriage certificate shows that we are legally married. I will like to find out if I am good to go. thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
He is right. You don't really have to change your passport to make an application. Marriage Cert and proof that your relationship is genuine and subsisting is required.

figel:
Hi house, i just got married and I want to apply for as a dependent with my hubby who is a phd student. My passport is still valid for 4 years. Do i need to do a change of name and apply for a new passport. All my docs, even the tb test certificate is in my maiden name. My hubby says its not important as the marriage certificate shows that we are legally married. I will like to find out if I am good to go. thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello justwise and other gurus in the house. I recently completed my masters in the UK and got back to Nigeria January 13 2017, although my current visa expires March 3rd. I got another admission for PhD and instead of travelling back to the UK to extend my current visa, I want to reapply from Nigeria. Do I still need to do a TB test since I haven't even spent up to a month outside the UK. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 5:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello guys, please what courier company does TLS use in sending passport back to the owner and time frame for the delivery by the courier company to the address?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
You are exempted as you’ve been away for less than 6 months. Clearly state this in additional info as some ECOs don't know the rules.

narpheesarh:
Hello justwise and other gurus in the house. I recently completed my masters in the UK and got back to Nigeria January 13 2017, although my current visa expires March 3rd. I got another admission for PhD and instead of travelling back to the UK to extend my current visa, I want to reapply from Nigeria. Do I still need to do a TB test since I haven't even spent up to a month outside the UK. Thank you all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
Bourne007:
You are exempted as you’ve been away for less than 6 months. Clearly state this in additional info as some ECOs don't know the rules.

Thank you very much Bourne007
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
narpheesarh:

No you will be fine on that one.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 12:08am On Jan 25, 2017
Hi, I am trying to fill the tier 4 general dependent partner form and I am a little confused. For the family section, will the spouse information be that of my hubby? Also, will the information from the main applicant section be that of my hubby or am I the main applicant? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tay16(f): 7:14am On Jan 25, 2017
justwise:

Yes
I am 25years old and ever since i did my undergrad I have not been permanently employed. I am concerned with proving that I have sufficient funds. What do you think will be the best option for me, using my parent's bank statements to prove i have sufficient funds or transferring the at least £10,000 into my personal account 3months prior to applying for my visa to prove that i have sufficient funds to sustain myself?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 10:58am On Jan 25, 2017
Spouse and main applicant info is your hubby's

figel:
Hi, I am trying to fill the tier 4 general dependent partner form and I am a little confused. For the family section, will the spouse information be that of my hubby? Also, will the information from the main applicant section be that of my hubby or am I the main applicant? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chinuaj: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
[quote I will be coming by Sept.. will it still be available?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
Please guys I need advice. My sis just got her visa to study masters. The visa date on her passport is showing 19/01/17 to 18/02/17 but the success letter sent with the visa is showing 19/01/17 to 17/05/18. I am confused here o. Is this a problem. Her course is 1 year course. Please I need advise on what she can do.
She was also requested to get her BRP from a post office on arrival to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 6:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
Don't be! vignette visa sticker is for 30 days to get into the country. BRP shows the validity of her stay till 18/02/17. She should know that na since she studied for 4 yrs if I remember clearly

Dongreat:
Please guys I need advice. My sis just got her visa to study masters. The visa date on her passport is showing 19/01/17 to 18/02/17 but the success letter sent with the visa is showing 19/01/17 to 17/05/18. I am confused here o. Is this a problem. Her course is 1 year course. Please I need advise on what she can do.
She was also requested to get her BRP from a post office on arrival to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dongreat(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
Bourne007:
Don't be! vignette visa sticker is for 30 days to get into the country. BRP shows the validity of her stay till 18/02/17. She should know that na since she studied for 4 yrs if I remember clearly

Ok. She studied from September 2009 to 2013 and back then there was no BRP and she was given a straight 4 years visa, that's why she's confused. Thanks man. Really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
Tay16:

I am 25years old and ever since i did my undergrad I have not been permanently employed. I am concerned with proving that I have sufficient funds. What do you think will be the best option for me, using my parent's bank statements to prove i have sufficient funds or transferring the at least £10,000 into my personal account 3months prior to applying for my visa to prove that i have sufficient funds to sustain myself?

Please read the first page of this thread to avoid making a mistake. The money is not kept in bank account for 3months but 28days.

Since you still have time do yourself a favour and read this thread.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tay16(f): 8:00am On Jan 26, 2017
justwise:

Please read the first page of this thread to avoid making a mistake. The money is not kept in bank account for 3months but 28days.

Since you still have time do yourself a favour and read this thread.
Isn't its at least 28days not 28days at most? Im only asking to know if it would work to my advantage if the bank statement reveals that the money has been in my account for a longer period and it wasn't put in the account just before applying for a visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 10:42am On Jan 26, 2017
Thanks for your help @Bourne007. Please I am trying to book an appointment for my Tier 4 dependent visa on the uk visa and Immigration website and the only option I can see is Abuja. I live in LAGOS. Is there no option to choose VI? Thank you
Bourne007:
Spouse and main applicant info is your hubby's

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2017
Probably you should sign out and sign back in again. There has always been the Lagos option so not sure what's happening. Probably an issue with the website.

figel:
Thanks for your help @Bourne007. Please I am trying to book an appointment for my Tier 4 dependent visa on the uk visa and Immigration website and the only option I can see is Abuja. I live in LAGOS. Is there no option to choose VI? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by austinice4: 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
Tay16:
Isn't its at least 28days not 28days at most? Im only asking to know if it would work to my advantage if the bank statement reveals that the money has been in my account for a longer period and it wasn't put in the account just before applying for a visa.

It can be in your account for as long as you wish (but not less than 28 days) provided it doesn't at anytime fall below the required amount stipulated by UKVI.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2017
austinice4:

It can be in your account for as long as you wish (but not less than 28 days) provided it doesn't at anytime fall below the required amount stipulated by UKVI.

Actually that is not true
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
Tay16:

Please read this first page of this thread the answer is there and i have already updated the link for latest info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by austinice4: 4:58am On Jan 27, 2017
justwise:

Actually that is not true

I may be wrong though.....but from experience in my last applications (September for myself and December for my Dependants), I used my personal bank accounts which had retained cash balances of over 2 years. Infact, one of the bank statements (TSB) I submitted along with my application showed balances from 2012, while the other (Access) showed balances of about 4 months or there about.

Personally (my opinion though) I feel presenting statements of more than the stipulated 28 day period, gives more credence and validity to your proof of funds. That is not to say I am encouraging friends here to present statements of more than 1 month because it may be too bulky and irrelevant. Mine was just a page because I didn't really had transactions on the account for that time frame (2012-2016), so the account statement was just a page.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by larion: 10:58am On Jan 27, 2017
ifyseun:
Good morning everyone, I will be going to U.K. For my masters in January....I just discovered I'm pregnant...please is it going to affect my visa application?....thanks

Hi,

How did it go with d visa application in January, got a similar case.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Jan 27, 2017
austinice4:

I may be wrong though.....but from experience in my last applications (September for myself and December for my Dependants), I used my personal bank accounts which had retained cash balances of over 2 years. Infact, one of the bank statements (TSB) I submitted along with my application showed balances from 2012, while the other (Access) showed balances of about 4 months or there about.

Personally (my opinion though) I feel presenting statements of more than the stipulated 28 day period, gives more credence and validity to your proof of funds. That is not to say I am encouraging friends here to present statements of more than 1 month because it may be too bulky and irrelevant. Mine was just a page because I didn't really had transactions on the account for that time frame (2012-2016), so the account statement was just a page.

Tay16:

These two cases are not the same.

When you transferred money to an account for visa purposes is not the same as when you are using an existing account with the required amount there already, in that case there is no point counting 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tay16(f): 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2017
austinice4:

thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.