Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340180 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
Everybody, I am just getting to know that it is either you get a full scholarship or nothing.... As UKVI does not consider half/partial scholarship that the universities normally give to their students, such as International Student Excellence Scholarship or discounts. Please take note.

Hence, a question like this appear on my visa app.

Do you receive support from a financial sponsor that meets the UK Visa and Immigration definition of a financial sponsor?

Make sure you just answer "NO" to this question, its for those who received a whole scholarship. Eg, I answered "No", cos my school gave me 6k scholarship.

How do I answer this subsequent question.

Do you have any remaining fees and maintenance still due for payment?

Course fees:

Maintenance:

Note that, I have completed my fee payment.

Lastly, I just figured that my uni made a slight mistake on my final cas, My CAS has my Place of Birth to be "ABEOKUTA" While It was "LAGOS" according to my passport. I wanted to submit my visa application this night or tomorrow morning before, so should have to wait for my Uni to rectify the error, or I should just submit, and pick a date whiles the Uni do the correction on Monday?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yohb09: 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hello guys, I need your help. Have anyone of you applied for the ACCA Professional Level Programme at BPP and has successful got your visa while bringing a dependant?

An admission officer told me the course is for 10months only, thus not eligible for a dependant to come. However, another one told me, it is possible. Can someone please clear my doubts before I apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
mimilyrics:
A decision will soon be made. I've got the same on my page too. Once it is, the other options will be marked or might skip to passport returned.

Mimilyrics, Kindly check your mail. It's a matter of urgency.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
Question1:

Any update? Please share
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please can someone help me out with my questions..

sleyflash:
@justwise and @house...
I finally opened a second account (sterling bank) and trasferred the fund into d acct becos my main personal account I also use it for business purposes so as not to be tempted to tamper with the cash during the 28 days count.

Question 1. hope this new account holding the cash have no negative effect on the visa decision?

Question 2.. the transfer was made today wen I ordered for statement d opening balance didnt reflect. will d opening balance reflect on saturday or on monday? So i can know when to start count the 28 days..

Thanks and God bless u all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
cumulus:

Any update? Please share

No update sir. I wanted to seek her opinion.

@cumulus, have you checked your mail today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
sleyflash:
@justwise and @house...
I finally opened a second account (sterling bank) and trasferred the fund into d acct becos my main personal account I also use it for business purposes so as not to be tempted to tamper with the cash during the 28 days count.

Question 1. hope this new account holding the cash have no negative effect on the visa decision?

Question 2.. the transfer was made today wen I ordered for statement d opening balance didnt reflect. will d opening balance reflect on saturday or on monday? So i can know when to start count the 28 days..

Yes, it doesn't matter whether you just opened the account. Normally the money should reflect tomorrow so then you can start tomz.
I hope it helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
@question1.. thanks a lot.. yeah it helped

Question1:

Yes, it doesn't matter whether you just opened the account. Normally the money should reflect tomorrow so then you can start tomz.
I hope it helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
Question1:

No update sir. I wanted to seek her opinion.

@cumulus, have you checked your mail today?

Yes and regularly. No email yet.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:07am On Aug 12, 2017
Question1:
Everybody, I am just getting to know that it is either you get a full scholarship or nothing.... As UKVI does not consider half/partial scholarship that the universities normally give to their students, such as International Student Excellence Scholarship or discounts. Please take note.

Hence, a question like this appear on my visa app.

Do you receive support from a financial sponsor that meets the UK Visa and Immigration definition of a financial sponsor?

Make sure you just answer "NO" to this question, its for those who received a whole scholarship. Eg, I answered "No", cos my school gave me 6k scholarship.

How do I answer this subsequent question.

Do you have any remaining fees and maintenance still due for payment?

Course fees:

Maintenance:

Note that, I have completed my fee payment.

Lastly, I just figured that my uni made a slight mistake on my final cas, My CAS has my Place of Birth to be "ABEOKUTA" While It was "LAGOS" according to my passport. I wanted to submit my visa application this night or tomorrow morning before, so should have to wait for my Uni to rectify the error, or I should just submit, and pick a date whiles the Uni do the correction on Monday?
Where did you read that from?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:09am On Aug 12, 2017
sleyflash:
@justwise and @house...

1. Not a problem

2. Start counting from the day the money appears in your account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 7:10am On Aug 12, 2017
justwise:

Where did you read that from?

@ Justwise, I was confused about it so I screenshot that section and forwarded it to my school. Here is the case. My total tuition fee on my offer letter then was 15k. And There was international Student scholarship of 6k for me, and I paid the remaining 9k to the school myself. So, when I received my CAS letter, in the Financial Data, it shows COURSE FEE: 9k, underneath it I saw COURSE FEE PAID: 9k. And that was all, there was nothing like 15k on my CAS letter. Except that towards the end of the letter, My School noted something like this:This student has been awarded a University of East Anglia International Office Excellence Scholarship which will
provide a reduction of £6000.00 per year in the international tuition fee of £15000.00. The course fee shown
includes the fee reduction.

So I became super confused and I mailed my school for clarification and they said: I’ve checked the advice from our International Student Advisory team and the questions regarding the financial sponsor is usually for official sponsors – such as Governments or financial sponsors who are wholly sponsoring students. You would not fall in to this category with your scholarship from the UEA, therefore you should answer “no” to the question about receiving support from a financial sponsor.
As we have given you a scholarship your fees will only be £9,000, therefore you should state your fees as £9,000 on your visa application. If you stated your fees as £15,000 you would need to show evidence that you can fund this amount, however you don’t need to fund £15,000 as your tuition fees are only £9,000 because of your UEA scholarship.

Oga, kindly help me oh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2017
Question1:

@ Justwise, I was confused about it so I screenshot that section and forwarded it to my school. Here is the case. My total tuition fee on my offer letter then was 15k. And There was international Student scholarship of 6k for me, and I paid the remaining 9k to the school myself. So, when I received my CAS letter, in the Financial Data, it shows COURSE FEE: 9k, underneath it I saw COURSE FEE PAID: 9k. And that was all, there was nothing like 15k on my CAS letter. Except that towards the end of the letter, My School noted something like this:This student has been awarded a University of East Anglia International Office Excellence Scholarship which will
provide a reduction of £6000.00 per year in the international tuition fee of £15000.00. The course fee shown

So I became super confused and I mailed my school for clarification and they said: I’ve checked the advice from our International Student Advisory team and the questions regarding the financial sponsor is usually for official sponsors – such as Governments or financial sponsors who are wholly sponsoring students. You would not fall in to this category with your scholarship from the UEA, therefore you should answer “no” to the question about receiving support from a financial sponsor.
As we have given you a scholarship your fees will only be £9,000, therefore you should state your fees as £9,000 on your visa application. If you stated your fees as £15,000 you would need to show evidence that you can fund this amount, however you don’t need to fund £15,000 as your tuition fees are only £9,000 because of your UEA scholarship.

Oga, kindly help me oh

There is nothing wrong with your CAS or the explanation by your school. So I don't know why you are worried about it. The CAS made it clear that you received some discount and the actual amount you paid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2017
Pls dont get your self worked up dear, your CAS is explanatory enough. I got a scholarship as well from my school and it wasn't stated on my CAS but calculated as fees paid, it was added to the amount i paid and that was it.

quote author=Question1 post=59391189]

Oga, kindly help me oh[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2017
Endlessgrace:
Pls dont get your self worked up dear, your CAS is explanatory enough. I got a scholarship as well from my school and it wasn't stated on my CAS but calculated as fees paid, it was added to the amount i paid and that was it.

quote author=Question1 post=59391189]

Oga, kindly help me oh

Thank you, may God bless you for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:26am On Aug 12, 2017
justwise:

There is nothing wrong with your CAS or the explanation by your school. So I don't know why you are worried about it. The CAS made it clear that you received some discount and the actual amount you paid.

Thank you sir, and May you live long.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2017
What about this ?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
I'll advise you submit your application and pick appointment date because time is no longer on your hands due to the present long processing time. Then send a mail to your school to correct and update your CAS, that shouldnt take more than a day or 2 to update it

quote author=Question1 post=59396248]What about this ?

Lastly, I just figured that my uni made a slight mistake on my final cas, My CAS has my Place of Birth to be "ABEOKUTA" While It was "LAGOS" according to my passport. I wanted to submit my visa application this night or tomorrow morning before, so should have to wait for my Uni to rectify the error, or I should just submit, and pick a date whiles the Uni do the correction on Monday?[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
Please will I have to state the amount I have in my statement of account during the online application? I mean the amount stated in my statement,will I have to state it on my online application? Or it's just during submission of my documents that my statement has to come in.

Cc justwise, mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
CapitalCee:
Please will I have to state the amount I have in my statement of account during the online application? I mean the amount stated in my statement,will I have to state it on my online application? Or it's just during submission of my documents that my statement has to come in.

Cc justwise, mimilyrics

No you don't have to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jc2xl(m): 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
Be sure you have thought it through before investing those millions. Much respect for @justwise, but feel free to ban me if you are very sure my comments are not true.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2017
jc2xl:
While some folks are seriously regretting coming to study in the UK, others are praying and fasting to come here. This life!

Tell us what your regrets are

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
jc2xl:
Make sure coming to the UK is your last option. Thank me later.

jc2xl:
While some folks are seriously regretting coming to study in the UK, others are praying and fasting to come here. This life!

You have posted this same message twice this month without telling people what your problem is.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
You should be banned from this thread if you cant contribute something reasonable or insightful that people could gain from.

jc2xl:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jc2xl(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
I like your confidence. I would not comment on any post in a forum I am barely a month in. Many of us have been very silent in this group but I think It is high time we told our people the hard truth.

Endlessgrace:
You should be banned from this thread if you cant contribute something reasonable or insightful that people could gain from.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2017
@justwise or anyone out here, it is already 26 working days! WORRIED is the word. No update on any platform.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
cumulus:
@justwise or anyone out here, it is already 26 working days! WORRIED is the word. No update on any platform.

Chill bro. My guy that used priority got his in 18days

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
Some of us has been silent members on nairaland for years without registering a profile so dont be fooled by the age of my profile dear.
A lot of people make life decisions based on what they read here so we would appreciate you greatly if you could state the rationale behind your comments, that could save someone from making a wrong decision. If you have some experiences people could gain from pls share but dont dump anxiety and fear into the hearts of people here. God bless

jc2xl:
I like your confidence. I would not comment on any post in a forum I am barely a month in. Many of us have been very silent in this group but I think It is high time we told our people the hard truth.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
@jc2xl.. pls what's the hard truth you want to tell us.? Because I'm listening.

jc2xl:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
Please can anyone enlighten me on how to go about the tuberculosis test and get the certificate for my visa application? Also, now I'm running my 28 days cash in my acct what else do I need to know or do before I apply at the end of the 28 days.?
Thanks and God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
Quick one please..

Have I made any error somewhere... I'm trying to book an appointment. But the only location that appeared was Abuja, but I want Lagos..

What should I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
I already replied you. I wasn't online for most part of today.
Question1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.