Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340184 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
I understand now. The deposit won't reflect but the balance will be the 6M plus which is way above what you need. Deposits usually don't reflect in opening balances till the day after. Opening balances are usually what's in your account as at the time the bank opens for business that day and won't Change till the next day if any deposit was made.
I suggest you write a cover letter as Nnabuchumo said but if you don't mind the deposit not showing, then get a statement from 13th.

Question1:

@Mimi, I don't understand o. On July 12, balance increased from 4m to 6m. So I started counting on the 13 July, when balance became 6m..

Note that, the GT bank woman told me that if she printed from 13 July, it won't reflect any deposit made into my account. So I asked her to print from 12 July.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
Question1:

Hello guys,

Someone should please clarify this for me as I don't want to make any error. I have printed my bank Statement, have had several deposits in my account which eventually totaled 6 million as at 12 July, however I stated my 28 days on the following day 13 July and I printed my statement today, 10 August 2017.

Now, my statement shows.. Statement Period: 12-July-2017 to 10-August 2017. It also shows an opening balance of 3,054,000 and a closing balance of 6,054,129.... Is that reasonable?

Also, GT bank staff told me they don't issue a cover/reference letter for a saving account holder, so they didn't give me.

Please help a brother oh, what should I do?

I really want my account to show the sources of my money that was why I printed from July 12. Those deposits were made by my uncle and we have the same surname.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
mimilyrics:
I understand now. The deposit won't reflect but the balance will be the 6M plus which is way above what you need. Deposits usually don't reflect in opening balances till the day after. Opening balances are usually what's in your account as at the time the bank opens for business that day and won't Change till the next day if any deposit was made.
I suggest you write a cover letter as Nnabuchumo said but if you don't mind the deposit not showing, then get a statement from 13th.

So going by this how will the Visa officer know when I started my 28days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
From my understanding of the T4 guide, you don't need to show source of funds. All you're required to do is hold the money in your account for 28 days. If you print from July 12th, your opening balance isn't enough for your maintenance. And honestly, I'd say, print from the 13th when the opening balance favors your application.

Question1:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2017
mimilyrics:
From my understanding of the T4 guide, you don't need to show source of funds. All you're required to do is hold the money in your account for 28 days. If you print from July 12th, your opening balance isn't enough for your maintenance. And honestly, I'd say, print from the 13th when the opening balance favors your application.

Thank you. So I have to go to the bank again as I have not activated my internet banking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
Not all Visa officers are patient enough to check every details of your statement, he/she might only check your opening balance and closing balance. In the light of this, i'll advise you print your statement from the 13th (that is when your opening balance will reflect the 6m), there is no rule that says you must show where all the money came from.

Question1:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
justwise:

Don't bother yourself with exchange rate fluctuation as long as you deposited the correct amount or even more from day one. You can't control it and you can't keep topping up each time it goes up.

Not a single person i know has been refused because of exchange rate fluctuation since the start of this thread 8 yrs ago.

The only case i remembered was the person who deposited less and hoping that exchange rate dropping will benefit him but he was refused.
Hello @justwise@mimilyrics and everyone here..please I have an urgent question..I am going for my doctorate degree program of 3yrs and I have paid my full 1st year fees to the school.what do I need to show in my bank statement; is it just my living expenses for 9months or or I have to add the tuition fees as well for my 2nd yr and 3rd year respectively..please assist me with this info as I'm yet to receive my CAS from the university so I can know exactly my stand...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
You only need to show fees and maintenance for your first year. Since you've fully paid up your 1st year fees, all you need to show is your maintenance cost for your 1st year.

jayken07:

Hello @justwise@mimilyrics and everyone here..please I have an urgent question..I am going for my doctorate degree program of 3yrs and I have paid my full 1st year fees to the school.what do I need to show in my bank statement; is it just my living expenses for 9months or or I have to add the tuition fees as well for my 2nd yr and 3rd year respectively..please assist me with this info as I'm yet to receive my CAS from the university so I can know exactly my stand...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lol. I only mentioned internet banking so you could check the opening balance on your e-statement.
I wish you all the best in your application.

Question1:

Thank you. So I have to go to the bank again as I have not activated my internet banking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
mimilyrics:
You only need to show fees and maintenance for your first year. Since you've fully paid up your 1st year fees, all you need to show is your maintenance cost for your 1st year.

Thanks a lot for your response...I am set to submit my application then
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2017
mimilyrics:
Lol. I only mentioned internet banking so you could check the opening balance on your e-statement.
I wish you all the best in your application.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello house.Pls I want to know if after application for a tier 4 student visa will there be any interview or just wait for the outcome of the visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Please, is there anyone with the following experience :

I checked my tslcontact website this morning to track my status as usual. The last update has been

'tma__application_submitted'
'tma__application_transferred_to_dmc'
'tma__application_received_by_dmc'.

But this morning it changed to

'Application Submitted'
'Transferred for Decision'
'Received by UKVI'

Please any clue as to why?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
cumulus:

I checked my tslcontact website this morning to track my status as usual. The last update has been

'Application Submitted'
'Received by UKVI'

Thank you

They probably must have decided on your application, it won't cost much to stroll to their office to find out why, your package might have been waiting for collection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
You'll have to book an interview appointment (At Ikeja, VI or Abuja) as part of your application.

sleyflash:
Hello house.Pls I want to know if after application for a tier 4 student visa will there be any interview or just wait for the outcome of the visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ordinarily, it just means that it is still at the deciding UKVI facility and awaiting the ECO decision after being prepared for consideration.
You wouldn't know if a decision has been made till you get correspondence/update that a decision has been made or that your passport is ready to be pickup.
Normally the next 3 steps of the process are Decision made, Ready for collection and passport returned. It might have changed though.
I now have the same update on my TLS page as yours. I'm not sure when mine changed but it probably changed between yesterday and today.

Question1:

They probably must have decided on your application, it won't cost much to stroll to their office to find out why, your package might have been waiting for collection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ordinarily, it just means that it is still at the deciding UKVI facility and awaiting the ECO decision after being prepared for consideration.
You wouldn't know if a decision has been made till you get correspondence/update that a decision has been made or that your passport is ready to be pickup.
Normally The next 3 steps to the process are Decision made, Ready for collection and passport returned. It might have changed though.
I now have the same update on my TLS page as yours. I'm not sure when mine changed but it probably changed between yesterday and today.

cumulus:

'Application Submitted'
'Received by UKVI'

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
Question1:

The other status are still in Red. Although they have also changed from

'tma__application_decision_made'
'tma__passback_from_consulate'
'tma__passport_returned'

to

'Decision Made'
'Ready for Collection'
'Passport Returned'

They are all unchecked and in Red.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2017
A decision will soon be made. I've got the same on my page too. Once it is, the other options will be marked or might skip to passport returned.

cumulus:

The other status are still in Red. Although they have also changed from

'tma__application_decision_made'
'tma__passback_from_consulate'
'tma__passport_returned'

to

'Decision Made'
'Ready for Collection'
'Passport Returned'

They are all unchecked and in Red.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shyy: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
mimilyrics:
A decision will soon be made. I've got the same on my page too. Once it is, the other options will be marked or might skip to passport returned.

I noticed the change too on my TLS page...but I tink TLS just changed d names. ..don't tink dere is much to it...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2017
Could be. Could also be an update based on feedback from UKVI. This is because the first three updates were based on TLS actions within 12 hours of my submission. This was probably triggered by an update(most likely the preparation for consideration mail) from UKVI.
Anyway we can only assume for now till we are proven right or wrong....
Still looking forward to everyone's good news.

shyy:

I noticed the change too on my TLS page...but I tink TLS just changed d names. ..don't tink dere is much to it...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 12:17am On Aug 11, 2017
@shyy, @mimilyrics and @Question1. We all hope for the best. Pls provide updates as you have them. I'll do same. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pondat99: 3:50am On Aug 11, 2017
Hello guys please I need your advice i have been rejected three times for US visa all in may and June for my flight training and Canada once during December now I have gotten a school in U.K. Paid a deposit and even application fee but it's not a tier4 sponsor so they said I should apply for a short term study visa to do the first stage but I haven't seen anyone who has gotten a short term study visa and all this my rejections won't they affect my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:28am On Aug 11, 2017
pondat99:
Hello guys please I need your advice i have been rejected three times for US visa all in may and June for my flight training and Canada once during December now I have gotten a school in U.K. Paid a deposit and even application fee but it's not a tier4 sponsor so they said I should apply for a short term study visa to do the first stage but I haven't seen anyone who has gotten a short term study visa and all this my rejections won't they affect my application

It's more or less student visitor's visa, and It doesn't matter your previous refusal, just be sincere and ensure you disclose every refusals.

Be positive that you'll get your own visa, and you'll.

Who is your sponsor? It's best you get your father/mother to sponsor you.

Also, I will advice you make a full fee payment instead of deposit.

You must get an introductory letter from your school in Nigeria, You must get a visa letter from your UK school, Make sure you get a credible sponsor, its very important.

Above all, the whole idea of this Visa category is similar to that of Visit/tourist Visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
cumulus:

The only tracking option is through TelePerformance Centre web page. On it still awaiting decision. I have also had email conversations with ukvi on my application. They said "awaiting decision". As per the link you mentioned, I have tried it, it's only for applications made within the UK.
So, still waiting..........

I applied in Nigeria and I was able to track my application using the UKVI link
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Normally use your GWF number.It shows thus because your application has not been decided. when it is decided it would show decision made and the date it was made.

I was able to see my application when a decision had not been made for days it said opened,after weeks it changed to decision made.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rutharu:

I applied in Nigeria and I was able to track my application using the UKVI link

Someone already posted: it only works if your application has been decided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
@justwise and @house...
I finally opened a second account (sterling bank) and trasferred the fund into d acct becos my main personal account I also use it for business purposes so as not to be tempted to tamper with the cash during the 28 days count.

Question 1. hope this new account holding the cash have no negative effect on the visa decision?

Question 2.. the transfer was made today wen I ordered for statement d opening balance didnt reflect. will d opening balance reflect on saturday or on monday? So i can know when to start count the 28 days..

Thanks and God bless u all

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question2(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
Question1:

Mine changed in less than one week after submission. I don't think this means much. I applied online on 31st July, I paid for the visa on 1st August and did my interview and submission on the 2nd August. My application was received by UKVI on 4th August but no decision mail yet. It's now 7 working days.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
@question2, did you use the priority service?

M
Question2:

Mine changed in less than one week after submission. I don't think this means much. I applied online on 31st July, I paid for the visa on 1st August and did my interview and submission on the 2nd August. My application was received by UKVI on 4th August but no decision mail yet. It's now 7 working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Question2:

Q2, Did you purchase priority visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question2(m): 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
I did not use priority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.