Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336797 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Mizzfy:
Please i have a question, is it a red flag to change ones course for example Computer Science at undergraduate level and then Public health or Social Work at postgraduate level. Your advice will be appreciated.

As far as it’s not a scholarship and you have the complete tuition & maintenance, you can study theology after IT for all they care.

I say this Cos you have 99.8% chance of leaving the UK after your studies (especially as you aren’t even doing an IT course as a master’s), so they wouldn’t be worried about why you want to enter the country. This is unlike America that are strict about the course of study of their international students because they know many students pick easy courses just to enter and not leave their country.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by owoade25(m): 3:46am On Apr 27, 2018
Cent24:
Pls, someone should help me out with this :
Do UK schools accept NECO result?

For undergraduate admission or masters? You may check your choice university's website if they have country specific requirements.

I applied for masters with my NECO result and Bsc. certificate and was given admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mutendiwashe(f): 7:03am On Apr 27, 2018
Moana:
Hello guys, has anyone ever experienced a situation where they pay the priority visa fee buy still get their visa well after the 5working days period given?
where art thou?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by apostlejuly(m): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
Aphrodite007 and justwise Thanks for all your contributions so far God bless...
Am about applying for my MSC program at the University of Roehampton, London,(pol sci)..
Can I work and save enough while schooling?
And what do u think i can do in other to be allowed to stay back after school?
I anticipate ur reply
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
Coolme506:
Hello house! Please this is urgent! I have never applied for a uk visa before , infact i just got my passport yesterday!
I got an invitation from my sister’s fience who is a citizen of uk to come and hdlp them arrange their marriage plans! He sent his account statment wich has about 6000 pounds and an invitation stating that he is is inviting me and will be responcible for my expensis. He also sent a copy of his passport. I am a web designer and run my own business! I have a minimum of 1million Naira in my own personal account statment! But i do not know the process required in getting a visa. I just know i will apply online! Please what are the documents i need to go with and ehat is the process like? And how long does it take to get the visa! Am stayimg for just one month! Please i just need a step by step guide and the documents am to go with!

There is a thread for this. Please search for it (maybe “uk visiting visa” thread). it has people that are better qualified to answer you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
apostlejuly:
Am about applying for my MSC program at the University of Roehampton, London,(pol sci)..
I anticipate ur reply
Thanks

Hi.

1) Enough is relative. What’s enough to you might not be to me. Your choice of student work might be different from mine, the cost of living in London is diff from mine, your spending habit might be diff from mine. So the best person to answer this is you. Do remember that you legally have 20 hours to work as a student, during term time.

2) Legally, absolutely Nothing.. except you have badass programming skills.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hi Guys,
Did anyone do their interview this week or last week? seeeeeriosly anticipating :-)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
logophilia:
Hi Guys,
Did anyone do their interview this week or last week? seeeeeriosly anticipating :-)
I did mine on the 13th also on the waiting game
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 12:04am On Apr 28, 2018
modash:

I did mine on the 13th also on the waiting game

Thats already 10 working days. U should have gotten a response/decision by now. Did you do any priority service? Gotten any response from them? Tracked your application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:26am On Apr 28, 2018
apostlejuly:
I anticipate ur reply
Thanks

Yes you can work but it depends on what you mean by saving enough.

Save enough to..Pay fees, rent and bills?

Staying back is not impossible if you have what it takes.

Graduating with a good grade from a good university is an added advantage and if you came out with studied medical or IT certificate then you have a chance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 7:00am On Apr 28, 2018
logophilia:

Thats already 10 working days. U should have gotten a response/decision by now. Did you do any priority service? Gotten any response from them? Tracked your application?

I did the standard application.
I got an email on the 23rd that my application was in Sheffield
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 7:01am On Apr 28, 2018
logophilia:

When did you apply?
Did you pay for priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by apostlejuly(m): 7:13am On Apr 28, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Hi.

1) Enough is relative. What’s enough to you might not be to me. Your choice of student work might be different from mine, the cost of living in London is diff from mine, your spending habit might be diff from mine. So the best person to answer this is you. Do remember that you legally have 20 hours to work as a student, during term time.

2) Legally, absolutely Nothing.. except you have badass programming skills.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by apostlejuly(m): 7:15am On Apr 28, 2018
justwise:

Yes you can work but it depends on what you mean by saving enough.

Save enough to..Pay fees, rent and bills?

Staying back is not impossible if you have what it takes.

Graduating with a good grade from a good university is an added advantage and if you came out with studied medical or IT certificate then you have a chance.

Someone told me to start looking for jobs immediately I arrive so that I can get companies that will be able to sponsor my staying back by the time am done schooling.
Pls how how obtainable is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:50am On Apr 28, 2018
apostlejuly:

Someone told me to start looking for jobs immediately I arrive so that I can get companies that will be able to sponsor my staying back by the time am done schooling.
Pls how how obtainable is this?

What course and which school in London?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
modash:

When did you apply?
Did you pay for priority?

Interview 24 april
Yes i paid for priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
logophilia:

Interview 24 april
Yes i paid for priority.

Did you get the email from Sheffield?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
modash:

Yes. Got it the next day.

Can you send a pm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
Its lonely here :-(
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
modash:

sure you have gotten yours. Any idea how long it takes after getting the email from shefield?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2018
logophilia:

sure you have gotten yours. Any idea how long it takes after getting the email from shefield?

No idea, I got the mail on Monday 23rd even though I
Did my interview on 13
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ezilytina(f): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
Happy Sunday House, please does anyone know anything about Nottingham Trent University and the probability of getting a scholarship there. I applied for a scholarship there and I am waiting patiently for there response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
NTU is a lovely place to study and the scholarship is obviously competitive and not automatic. Your application depends on how packed and convincing your statement is.

All the best smiley

Ezilytina:
Happy Sunday House, please does anyone know anything about Nottingham Trent University and the probability of getting a scholarship there. I applied for a scholarship there and I am waiting patiently for there response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ezilytina(f): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Bourne007:
NTU is a lovely place to study and the scholarship is obviously competitive and not automatic. Your application depends on how packed and convincing your statement is.

All the best smiley

Tanx a lot I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
logophilia:

Did you apply in Lagos or abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 10:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
modash:

Did you apply in Lagos or abuja?

Lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by phinajoe: 5:09pm On May 01, 2018
I got an offer from University of Greenwich,
I would really love to the know if the school is nice academically.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:29pm On May 01, 2018
phinajoe:

You forgot to mention the first part.
Let me help you.

I applied to the University o Greenwich...

Or did the uni just gave you an offer without applying? If no. Did you not carry out your research on the uni before applying?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:56pm On May 01, 2018
LaaJiblik:

You forgot to mention the first part.
Let me help you.

I applied to the University o Greenwich...

Or did the uni just gave you an offer without applying? If no. Did you not carry out your research on the uni before applying?

grin grin you’re mean sha! You know what the person is asking for grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by gokecont(m): 9:32pm On May 01, 2018
Do i need to wait for my eligibility letter from the ministry of education before I can be attended to by the ministry of foriegn affairs in abuja ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deolutolu(m): 9:41pm On May 01, 2018
Good evening guys, I will be travelling to Perth, Scotland on the 8th. Please does anyone in the house have contact in perth?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 10:53pm On May 01, 2018
phinajoe:

Greenwich is the Best University I’m the UK.
Greenwich is Number 1, followed by Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, etc.
It is academically the nicest school in London.
It ranks number 3 in the world, after MIT and Stanford.

If you need further information, please holla at me on:
080-www.google.com
Type “Greenwich University ranking”
Press Search

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.