Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338845 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dear Nairalanders...

Please advice me.
I Intend ending up in cansda Via the express entry route but my uncle has adviced I consider a 1yr Masters abroad. Say UK so it could add up my points to qualify for canada express entry. 9ja not an option, as I am stuck on a Bank job that leaves you not time.

Any cheap/affordable uni in uk you recommend?
Also hope i can work on the side
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 11:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
Smile4mee01:
Dear Nairalanders...

Please advice me.
I Intend ending up in cansda Via the express entry route but my uncle has adviced I consider a 1yr Masters abroad. Say UK so it could add up my points to qualify for canada express entry. 9ja not an option, as I am stuck on a Bank job that leaves you not time.

If you’re absolutely certain that the UK should be your transition country, I think derby and Huddersfield are quite affordable. You should look towards Wales too, they may have an affordable school, and living cost is lower there.

If I may advise, close your eyes and pay for a uni in the south of England, that way you’ll have more student job opportunities that may give you the chance to make a lot of money. Also keep your pride in Nigeria and apply to roles like care, support and mail sorting as a casual staff (night shifts) they pay better than other student jobs.

About Canada, your uncle is right. You get more points with an MSc. So that’s a very good plan. But I won’t lie, express entry works better for those with STEM background. People have to understand that Canada is very educated and the only thing that might make you special will be STEM with 2 years work experience or non-STEM with donkey years experience (lol I’m just kidding 4-5 years is ok).

So before you embark on your UK journey, make sure you have more than 2 years in the banking sector if not, the Canada way no go too pure for you.

Please I don’t want to fight with anybody, this is my opinion. Just type your own under if you don’t agree with mine. It’s a free world. Shade intended. Thank you cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Aphrodite007:

If you’re absolutely certain that the UK should be your transition country, I think derby and Huddersfield are quite affordable. You should look towards Wales too, they may have an affordable school, and living cost is lower there.

If I may advise, close your eyes and pay for a uni in the south of England, that way you’ll have more student job opportunities that may give you the chance to make a lot of money. Also keep your pride in Nigeria and apply to roles like care, support and mail sorting as a casual staff (night shifts) they pay better than other student jobs.

About Canada, your uncle is right. You get more points with an MSc. So that’s a very good plan. But I won’t lie, express entry works better for those with STEM background. People have to understand that Canada is very educated and the only thing that might make you special will be STEM with 2 years work experience or non-STEM with donkey years experience (lol I’m just kidding 4-5 years is ok).

So before you embark on your UK journey, make sure you have more than 2 years in the banking sector if not, the Canada way no go too pure for you.

Please I don’t want to fight with anybody, this is my opinion. Just type your own under if you don’t agree with mine. It’s a free world. Shade intended. Thank you cheesy

embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2018
Smile4mee01:
Dear Nairalanders...

Please advice me.

Why not look for an Masters admission in the Canada itself?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OLAREWAJU1705: 11:36am On Apr 12, 2018
Aphrodite007:

(a). The minimum that you need in any account is about £9k (for schools outside London) and £11k (for schools in London). This is open to correction I always advice to use the exchange rate on abokifx dot com Cos it’s black market rate and will save you any embarrassment in case of fluctuations.

(b). Lol this is a very funny question. The 28 day rule is before your application or interview date. To be on the safe side, leave it for 28 days before your application date. The longer it stays, the better.

(c). He can pay money into the account and can take money out, but it shouldn’t go below the money the embassy needs even for an hour!

I hope you know your dad is meant to write a letter to confirm that he is your dad and is willing to sponsor you. Also ensure that that isn’t a company account, it should be in your dad’s name.

Good luck.

Thanks alot for your message and enlightenment. Pls, my school fees is 19k pounds. And maintenance fees as you said is 11k pounds. Pls, does that mean that the minimum balance in my dad account will be 30k pound( 19k + 11k)? Or, is it that, the school fees and maintenance has been calculated to be 11k pounds minimum to be in the account, though total is 30k pounds?
Kindly assist. Thanks as I await your details feed back
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
LaaJiblik:

embarassed

grin I’m just messing around, relax grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
OLAREWAJU1705:

Thanks alot for your message and enlightenment. Pls, my school fees is 19k pounds. And maintenance fees as you said is 11k pounds. Pls, does that mean that the minimum balance in my dad account will be 30k pound( 19k + 11k)? Or, is it that, the school fees and maintenance has been calculated to be 11k pounds minimum to be in the account, though total is 30k pounds?
Kindly assist. Thanks as I await your details feed back

If your tuition is 19k. Your school may ask you to pay a certain amount out of your tuition to them before they send a CAS to you. That CAS is what you will use when applying for your visa. But you will submit a statement reflecting the remaining tuition plus the living cost.

For example. Your school might tell you to pay 5k out of your 19k for your CAS. When you pay that 5k, you will be owing them 14k, which you must pay either before you resume or while in school. You aren’t meant to pay them that 11k (please note that it isn’t 11k o, justwise’s answer is the correct amount). But when you are applying for the visa, your dad must have that 11k + the remaining 14k from your tuition = 25k.

To be fair, the only amount expended is your tuition fee, as you aren’t giving anybody that 11k (and you will def not be spending that amount during your studies unless you’re a spoilt brat). After you get your visa, you can make the remaining Tuition payment in batches or at once. It all depends on your school.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Why not look for an Masters admission in the Canada itself?

Baba that thing hard eh! Like 80% of my friends (wealthy people o) applied to Canada, some even applied for premasters sef, and only less that 10% got in.

I advised a lot of them that are STEM Graudates to go through Ireland, gain work experience there from the extra 2 years post study, then use the express entry to enter their “dream” country- Canada.

I did a research and I found that the number of Nigerians going to UK is reducing while the number of students going to Canada is soaring exponentially. And you know Canada doesn’t care about money but brains, plus they have realised that people are using the student route to stay permanently in canada, so they have become strict with it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Arielle: 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Baba that thing hard eh! Like 80% of my friends (wealthy people o) applied to Canada, some even applied for premasters sef, and only less that 10% got in.

I advised a lot of them that are STEM Graudates to go through Ireland, gain work experience there from the extra 2 years post study, then use the express entry to enter their “dream” country- Canada.

I did a research and I found that the number of Nigerians going to UK is reducing while the number of students going to Canada is soaring exponentially. And you know Canada doesn’t care about money but brains, plus they have realised that people are using the student route to stay permanently in canada, so they have become strict with it.

You're so right about the number of Nigerians going to the UK for studies decreasing while that of Canada and Australia is increasing. And Scotland is complaining very bitterly about the work after study anti-immigration policy of the UK government. I read an article yesterday about it. Dont know how recent it is, though. Student intake from India and Nigeria were specifically mentioned. The country is losing a lot of revenue, about half of which is off-campus revenue, there is also skills-shortage due to the restriction. They feel Scotland and Scottish unis are suffering for it. I think the Scots are tired of this UK marriage, and referendum or not, a lot would rather opt out.

Are there any students or ex from Strathclyde or Glasgow Unis? I'm trying to compare both and I'm getting mixed reviews. I got admission to both business schools and I'm stumped trying to make a choice. Any real opinions or experiences?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Subliminals: 8:16am On Apr 15, 2018
Does anyone know about studying at Uni of Aberdeen and the possibilities of getting a student job.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Subliminals:
Does anyone know about studying at Uni of Aberdeen and the possibilities of getting a student job.

What exactly would you like to know please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Subliminals: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
LaaJiblik:

What exactly would you like to know please?
how expensive is the city and what are the part time job offers like?
Although I've done my research but I just want a Nigerian view on it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2018
Thanks!!

Aphrodite007:

Don’t know much about oxford Brookes.

Coventry is lovely, it has a great number of Nigerian students which has its pros (you network with fellow Nigerians and hear survival tips) and cons (you can easily be led astray). It has a number of student jobs too, and the school is situated around the city centre.

My preference will be Portsmouth. Lovely lovely place! Moderate Nigerian population that seem to be responsible. Not as much student jobs in Portsmouth itself (compared to Coventry) but you can find lots in Southampton.

Study wise, I think both are great. But I would lean towards Portsmouth more. Hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deolutolu(m): 7:29am On Apr 17, 2018
Good morning guys, on an average how long does it take to get a response from Sheffield as regards a tier 4 application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Firebomb: 8:46am On Apr 17, 2018
Greetings to you all!

I am in the process of registering for the IELTS to fulfill my condition for a place at the LSE. I need advice on which of the tests to take (whether its standard or UKVI).

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
deolutolu:
Good morning guys, on an average how long does it take to get a response from Sheffield as regards a tier 4 application

Hello DeoluTu,
Check it out here:
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
tongue
Firebomb:
Greetings to you all!

I am in the process of registering for the IELTS to fulfill my condition for a place at the LSE. I need advice on which of the tests to take (whether its standard or UKVI).

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi FireBomb,

Your answer is right here:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Prospective-students/Entry-requirements/English-language-requirements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
Subliminals:
how expensive is the city and what are the part time job offers like?
Although I've done my research but I just want a Nigerian view on it

Aberdeen is a nice place.
It’s an “Oyel town” - imagine Port Harcourt.

“How expensive” is very relative. Okay, it’s more expensive than Abuja, more expensive than Lagos, cheaper than London. A litttle less expensive than Edinburgh. Maybe as expensive as Glasgow. A little more expensive than Dundee.
As for “student jobs” there are retail assistant positions, care jobs, support jobs, and scanty hospitality jobs.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Subliminals: 4:05am On Apr 18, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Aberdeen is a nice place.
It’s an “Oyel town” - imagine Port Harcourt.

“How expensive” is very relative. Okay, it’s more expensive than Abuja, more expensive than Lagos, cheaper than London. A litttle less expensive than Edinburgh. Maybe as expensive as Glasgow. A little more expensive than Dundee.
As for “student jobs” there are retail assistant positions, care jobs, support jobs, and scanty hospitality jobs.

Lmao "Oyel town". Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deolutolu(m): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Hello DeoluTu,
Check it out here:
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk

I know it's minimum of 15 working days. I want to know how long other ppl's application took. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
deolutolu:

I know it's minimum of 15 working days. I want to know how long other ppl's application took. Thanks

You may wish to browse the pages of this thread. Several people have posted their application timelines on this thread previously.

For starters, it takes shorter time if your application is at an “off-peak” period.
For example, someone has submitted on Wednesday, and gone to pick up his passport back on Wednesday of the next week.

Like I said, browse back at previous pages of this thread. Thou shalt find that which thou seekest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by gokecont(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello guys, pls I need suggestion
I went to laminate my waec living certificate and and need to stamp it now at ministry of education abuja, when business centre I. my area they said the can't unlaminate it, pls what do I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
deolutolu:

I submitted mine on Friday
So this is day three for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aooo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
deolutolu:

Bro, you had your interview on Tuesday 3rd this month right? You went in ahead of me??

Did you receive mail from Sheffield on Sunday 15th?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deolutolu(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
aooo:

Bro, you had your interview on Tuesday 3rd this month right? You went in ahead of me??

Did you receive mail from Sheffield on Sunday 15th?
yea I got a mail from Sheffield on sunday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aooo(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
deolutolu:

yea I got a mail from Sheffield on sunday

Same here. Got the mail on Sunday. Hopefully, before this week runs out decision should have been made.

Please I ll like to know when you submitted and had your interview? Mine was 3rd of this month. Was your submission earlier or after 3rd (I want to draw some assumptions )

Wishing you the best as you wait for decision
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
gokecont:
I went to laminate my waec living certificate and and need to stamp it now at ministry of education abuja, when business centre I. my area they said the can't unlaminate it, pls what do I do?

Yes! You can’t “un-laminate” the cert.
I needed to certify mine at MOE and MFA previously. They used a razor blade to cut out a part of the laminate. It worked fine.

Advice to fellow Nairalanders: Never Ever Laminate your credentials.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aooo(m): 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
gokecont:

Check this links. Don’t ask if I have tried it ooo
https://www.nairaland.com/2034441/how-delaminate-certificate-3-easy

https://www.ehow.com/how_2377646_extract-laminated-document.html

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-to-delaminate-a-certificate-which-has-been-laminated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
Abeg I have a question
I did my interview on Friday and wanted to find out if everybody gets an email from Sheffield before a decision is made because when I track my application online it says
Application received by UKVI
But I didn't get any email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by gokecont(m): 1:35am On Apr 19, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Yes! You can’t “un-laminate” the cert.
I needed to certify mine at MOE and MFA previously. They used a razor blade to cut out a part of the laminate. It worked fine.

Advice to fellow Nairalanders: Never Ever Laminate your credentials.

Thanks for the reply boss...
pls is it at the ministry of environment they use razor blade on your certificate before they stamp ?

thanks anticipation boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 4:40am On Apr 19, 2018
gokecont:

Thanks for the reply boss...
pls is it at the ministry of environment they use razor blade on your certificate before they stamp ?

thanks anticipation boss

Mine was Ministry of Education HQ, Abuja.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.