Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336187 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Pweety1: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hello @Justwise and others, please I need your advice on accommodation. I Am about to fill the tier 4 form but I haven't secured a place yet but am planning to look for when I get my visa. Pls kindly advice me on what to fill on the accommodation part. I don't want to commit myself in to paying for accommodation deposit yet. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by juniremix: 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
The consent letter to use their money while in UK from my dad. Who will he address the letter to? And also what's the address of UK embassy at abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Pweety1:
Hello @Justwise and others, please I need your advice on accommodation. I Am about to fill the tier 4 form but I haven't secured a place yet but am planning to look for when I get my visa. Pls kindly advice me on what to fill on the accommodation part. I don't want to commit myself in to paying for accommodation deposit yet. Thank you.

You will not be refused a visa because of accommodation, state that you will book hotel accommodation for few days then use that period to search for accommodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
juniremix:
The consent letter to use their money while in UK from my dad. Who will he address the letter to? And also what's the address of UK embassy at abuja?

To the British embassy Abuja/Lagos Nigeria.

Visit their website for the address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by freshtoast: 12:23am On Nov 25, 2015
hello house,

please, will i be able to register an account and track my application on TLS website after my visa interview which was on the 19th of november. i dont have an account on TLS, does it really matter? will i still get email communicatiuon from TLS ? what can i do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mysteriouspee: 7:07am On Nov 25, 2015
Hi ous, picked up my visa yesterday!!! Thanks for all ya support @everyone

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2015
mysteriouspee:
Hi ous, picked up my visa yesterday!!! Thanks for all ya support @everyone
Congrats!! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Pweety1: 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Thank you Justwise, will i state it on the form or when asked during interview. Please, which address should i fill on the form? Thank you for the response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fatimuazu: 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
Please advice me, i have offer from sheffield hallam, it states the duration of my coursw to be 18months, but the school said i could finish in 12 months, that they put the 18months just in case one has courses to retake. I will be going on a scholarship and it covers me for only 12 months. Would there be any problems with my visa processing regarding this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Pweety1: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
@Fatimuazu, am going to sheffield hallma too.. which course are u studying... pls check if the course you were giving is part-tme or full time. How are u going about accommodation? Are u stayinng in the hostel or renting a room? pls let me know because i am looking for accommodation. thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fatimuazu: 5:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Pweety1:
@Fatimuazu, am going to sheffield hallma too.. which course are u studying... pls check if the course you were giving is part-tme or full time. How are u going about accommodation? Are u stayinng in the hostel or renting a room? pls let me know because i am looking for accommodation. thank you
its msc web and cloud computing ft.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Pweety1:
Thank you Justwise, will i state it on the form or when asked during interview. Please, which address should i fill on the form? Thank you for the response.

Your school address for now. State it in the form and also during the interview if asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by juniremix: 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
Please for those of you that paid IHS and visa fee recently. Which credit card did you use in making both payment at the same time? I'm asking cos of this maximum daily limit. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
juniremix:
Please for those of you that paid IHS and visa fee recently. Which credit card did you use in making both payment at the same time? I'm asking cos of this maximum daily limit. Thanks
You can try stanbic but then i dunno if their limit has reduced now but it sure has a hgher $ xchange rate. Moreover u can pay ihs today and visa fee d next day, no hassle on that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iyb(m): 10:19am On Nov 26, 2015
Has anyone encountered anything like this i paid my IHS and visa fee using first bank they removed the money from my account I checked my balance and the money was gone. The next day early in the morning I saw an alert for the IHS fee but later when I went to the ATM I saw the visa fee back in my account but in my visa4uk portal the payment was successful they even sent me an email with the receipt of payment now I have my interview tmrw and I don't want any problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fatimuazu: 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
iyb:
Has anyone encountered anything like this i paid my IHS and visa fee using first bank they removed the money from my account I checked my balance and the money was gone. The next day early in the morning I saw an alert for the IHS fee but later when I went to the ATM I saw the visa fee back in my account but in my visa4uk portal the payment was successful they even sent me an email with the receipt of payment now I have my interview tmrw and I don't want any problem
maybe the issue is with your bank. I doubt there would be issues for you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
Please house really need your help am fucking worried,i did my submission on sept 2nd up till now nothing on when i should come for collection,and was told its takes 15 working days,please i need advise on what's might went wrong,is a visiting visa.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lexyp:
Please house really need your help am fucking worried,i did my submission on sept 2nd up till now nothing on when i should come for collection,and was told its takes 15 working days,please i need advise on what's might went wrong,is a visiting visa.
Thanks.
Have you contacted, phoned, e-mailed the embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
Haven't called or email them since they said my application has been received.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
You do not need to keep posting the same question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
@worry d problem am having is i don't know how to answer you directly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
Just answer here then others may help as well.
Have you contacted the embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
Don't know how to go about it since am told in the last Email they will get to me when is processed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by juniremix: 11:07am On Nov 28, 2015
My appointment date is on 2nd December. I need an urgent response cos I have numerous questions to ask.

(1) how many photocopies do I need to make my documents?

(2) the consent letter from my parents to use their money while in UK. Who did you address the letter to? And in what format should the letter be ( hand written, on a letter headed paper or on a plain sheet?

(3) how was your experience at TLS office during submission of documents, interview and after submission?

(4) for those of you that didn't use priority visa service, how long did yours took before you received it?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fatimuazu: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2015
juniremix:
My appointment date is on 2nd December. I need an urgent response cos I have numerous questions to ask.

(1) how many photocopies do I need to make my documents?

(2) the consent letter from my parents to use their money while in UK. Who did you address the letter to? And in what format should the letter be ( hand written, on a letter headed paper or on a plain sheet?

(3) how was your experience at TLS office during submission of documents, interview and after submission?

(4) for those of you that didn't use priority visa service, how long did yours took before you received it?
Thanks
address to the british high commission. And you are to give out all your original documents no need for photocopies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Effizzy2much(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2015
I got my visa.

Submitted Online application - 29th October
TLS/Interview - 3rd November
Application received by UKVI - 5th November
Decision Made - 10th November
Ready for Collection - 12th November

I am also going to Sheffield Hallam University too. MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engr. @fatimuazu and @Pweety1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Pweety1: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2015
@Effizzy2much, pls I am about to apply but the accommodation is still a concern to me. Do u have accommodation already and if u don't what did u use as address? There is a part in the form that states what is the main address & contact details of where u will be staying, email n phone no?

Then no 2, have any of your accommodation fees been paid to your sponsor... Yes or no?

No 3, pls enter the amount and evidence?

Pls how did u go about it? I am really confused? That's the part I am left with and which VAC did u use?

Do u have a place to stay already n how did u get it?

@Justwise... Pls kindly assist me with the questions I asked too.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Effizzy2much(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
1. I made use of the school address for my accommodation.

2. No.

3. Have you paid any amount to the school? If yes present the evidence

I have a place to stay pending when I get mine.

@Pweety1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Pweety1: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
Thank you so much! The no 3 question is have paid any fee for the accommodation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Effizzy2much(m): 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
Have you paid? if No indicate NO. I think there should be a later question on whether you have the amount to cover all
Pweety1:
Thank you so much! The no 3 question is have paid any fee for the accommodation?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Pweety1: 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
No, I haven't. Looking for. Thank you for being a life saver.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Effizzy2much(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
What course do you intend studying? PHD or MSc
Pweety1:
No, I haven't. Looking for. Thank you for being a life saver.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.