Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332853 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Transformium: 11:45am On Nov 10, 2015
justwise:

1. If you have applied for visa with the old passport then the answer is Yes, it doesn't matter if you have traveled with it or not.

2. 16 months if you are going for msc.

3. Your university's name.

4. Studying.

5. No, becuase you haven't lived in the U.k before.

6. No, if you are not getting scholarship.

7. See page one of this thread.

8. Same ^

Thank you so much grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Transformium: 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
@ Chilez and justwise

About wrapping up my application. Just a few more questions. Just dont want any errors.

1. I set my arrival date as 2nd January. Hope this doesnt mean i can't travel b4 that date once i get my visa?

2. There is a part on the Tier 4 section where it says " please provide details on how you have been accessed as a sponsor"

3. My elder sister is sponsoring me, would it be right to use her bann statements or do i have to move funds. Plus she is based in the uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
Transformium:
@ Chilez and justwise

About wrapping up my application. Just a few more questions. Just dont want any errors.

1. I set my arrival date as 2nd January. Hope this doesnt mean i can't travel b4 that date once i get my visa?

2. There is a part on the Tier 4 section where it says " please provide details on how you have been accessed as a sponsor"

3. My elder sister is sponsoring me, would it be right to use her bann statements or do i have to move funds. Plus she is based in the uk

from the little I learnt on this thread, the answers to your questions are:

1. it doesn't, you can travel within 1 month to the start of your course.

3. sorry, only parents are allowed. your sister will have to transfer the cash into your account and you have to wait another 28 days before submitting your application.

hope it helps a bit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 12:18am On Nov 11, 2015
Transformium:
@ Chilez and justwise

if u chose 2nd January as ur date of intended travel den ur Visa becomes Valid like about 2 weeks before that day. They usually issue a 30days Visa, so u gotta travel within this period to obtain ur brp with d details of ur stay in UK.
2. If u read d earlier pages of this thread u'd notice that a sponsor by the UKBA definition doesnt include any relative or family member, but government or multinational and d likes etc.
3. U cant use ur sister's bank statement. Either she transfr d money to ur accont or she transfers to ur parents account (for this option u'd need birth certificate). Sorry my reply came late
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Transformium: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
@ Chilez, 1step2right and justwise

Thanks for being so helpful.

1. So for the bank statement i would have to use either my account or parents account and wait for 28days before clicking "Confirm Application " .

Or is it after making IHS, Visa payments and booking an appointment?

2. Also can i show statement from a fixed deposit or do i have to move the funds to a current or savings account?

3. I have paid part of my school fees , so can i deduct the amount from the total amount that i have to show in the bank statement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
Transformium:
@ Chilez, 1step2right and justwise

Thanks for being so helpful.

1. So for the bank statement i would have to use either my account or parents account and wait for 28days before clicking "Confirm Application " .

Or is it after making IHS, Visa payments and booking an appointment?

2. Also can i show statement from a fixed deposit or do i have to move the funds to a current or savings account?

3. I have paid part of my school fees , so can i deduct the amount from the total amount that i have to show in the bank statement?

1 yes you have to wait for 28 days before clicking confirm

2. fixed account is not allowed.

3.yes you can. so what you would need is to show your school tuition balance + maintenance fee of about £11,400

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oracles: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello house, Is it necessary to get a reference from one's bank here in Nigeria in order to open a bank account in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
Oracles:
Hello house, Is it necessary to get a reference from one's bank here in Nigeria in order to open a bank account in the UK?

No.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 5:15am On Nov 13, 2015
justwise:

No.
But with this current banking policy, how does one transfer money to d UK bank account, when he eventually opens one? I hope d qs isnt stupid tho, asked my bank and dey acted clueless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:28am On Nov 13, 2015
chilez:

But with this current banking policy, how does one transfer money to d UK bank account, when he eventually opens one? I hope d qs isnt stupid tho, asked my bank and dey acted clueless.

That is a different case entirely, you don't need any reference letter from Nigerian bank to open an account here. Money transfer is a different case. I guess you need to talk to your bank before leaving for the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 11:19am On Nov 13, 2015
justwise:

That is a different case entirely, you don't need any reference letter from Nigerian bank to open an account here. Money transfer is a different case. I guess you need to talk to your bank before leaving for the UK
Ok Sir, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Brightology2(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2015
Pls op how can i acquire tourism visa to philipean
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
@justwise and co. i am applying for a UK student visa, and i was hoping you could help shed some light on how to answer some of these questions i encountered

Question 1: How long do you intend to stay in the UK
(Actually my program is 17months, but i learnt bout dis extra 4months, so i'ld like to know if my answer to the above question should be 17months or 21months)

Question 2: What is the address of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
(According to the info i gathered, it is often cheaper to live off-campus moreso, university owned apartments seem to bind occupants to a year contract amongst other reason. so i am thinking of staying off-campus, which address do i provide to the above question, and also if asked during the interview, wah will be the most logical answer to give?)
Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response. JAHBLESS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by panazon: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
Oga @justwise and everyone, HELP!!

I applied for extension of my 6 months visa that was issued in June,i came back to Nigeria after my first Module exams so i can extend my visa before it expires on the 11th of December, i submitted on the 7th of November and i paid for Priority. i received a call from them on Thursday 12th the following week and they asked me questions about my application, and i answered all the questions but i was worried that they called me that late because i was expecting to pick up my passport on Friday since i paid for priority, out of curiosity i asked the lady if i will be able to get my passport back the next day because i have to be back to school so i can continue my classes, then she told me i DIDN'T pay for priority, i was shocked!, i asked her to check very well and she repeatedly said i didn't pay for priority. Meanwhile they already called my sister ( My sponsor) and asked her some questions too, and they even contacted her bank to confirm her bank account.

My question is, how long do you guys think it will take for me to get my passport back? i am missing important classes and my accommodation money is still running. A friend told me that since they already contacted me, that it means they are ready to make the decision.

Please help!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
creamyworkz:
@justwise and co. i am applying for a UK student visa, and i was hoping you could help shed some light on how to answer some of these questions i encountered

Question 1: How long do you intend to stay in the UK
(Actually my program is 17months, but i learnt bout dis extra 4months, so i'ld like to know if my answer to the above question should be 17months or 21months)

Question 2: What is the address of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
(According to the info i gathered, it is often cheaper to live off-campus moreso, university owned apartments seem to bind occupants to a year contract amongst other reason. so i am thinking of staying off-campus, which address do i provide to the above question, and also if asked during the interview, wah will be the most logical answer to give?)
Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response. JAHBLESS
Well, my program is for 17months too but what i wrote in answer to my question is ''throughout my studies'' and i got my 21 months visa.
2. Its best u put you school's address for the address info at least if u havent gotten a place yet off-camp.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mmarvo: 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
Good day peeps, keeping to my word:
To request for a new BRP, take the following steps,
Send a mail to brperror@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with your details (in the format below) and reasons you want it changed.

Full Name
Date of Birth
Nationality
Passport Number
BRP REF Number
Case REF Number
Contact Number

You should get a reply in 1 working week telling you to send the hard copy BRP in your possession by free post to the address given with a cover letter.
"In order for the BRP to be corrected, please send the BRP along with a covering letter which clearly explains the reasons for returning the BRP to:"

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ
Returns Unit
P.O. Box 163
Bristol
BS20 1AB

You should then receive your new BRP in a few days.
Hope this helps and hopefully relieves the tension when you see 10hrs p/w.

for more info visit "https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem"

mmarvo:

00francis, has more or less said it all, except for a few differences, as i submitted at the Lagos-VI VAC...if you are to apply for a student visa, just read up this tread right from the beginning and almost all of your questions would have been answered.
There's one thing I would like to add, which is about getting errors on your BRP card corrected (esp. work hrs/wk) and the process involved.
I'm actually still on the process but once I get it done; I'll post for all to see.

To the unknown, unseen MODs and contributors... a BIG shout-out, you all have done great and unknowingly aided thousands!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by panazon: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2015
PLEASE HELP

panazon:
Oga @justwise and everyone, HELP!!

I applied for extension of my 6 months visa that was issued in June,i came back to Nigeria after my first Module exams so i can extend my visa before it expires on the 11th of December, i submitted on the 7th of November and i paid for Priority. i received a call from them on Thursday 12th the following week and they asked me questions about my application, and i answered all the questions but i was worried that they called me that late because i was expecting to pick up my passport on Friday since i paid for priority, out of curiosity i asked the lady if i will be able to get my passport back the next day because i have to be back to school so i can continue my classes, then she told me i DIDN'T pay for priority, i was shocked!, i asked her to check very well and she repeatedly said i didn't pay for priority. Meanwhile they already called my sister ( My sponsor) and asked her some questions too, and they even contacted her bank to confirm her bank account.

My question is, how long do you guys think it will take for me to get my passport back? i am missing important classes and my accommodation money is still running. A friend told me that since they already contacted me, that it means they are ready to make the decision.

Please help!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mysteriouspee: 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hi there,

Is TLS having issues? I can't seem to login into my account. The 'amazing' part is that the site does not recognise my email address even when I try to reset my password.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nashwa: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
please help asap

I have recently applied to visa tier 4 and the available date was 26th Nov and I cant make it as im still outside the country and I want to delay it to 17 or 20 Dec but I don't know how to proceed as the update appointment button doesn't show any later available dates?

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Transformium: 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
@1step2right and chilez

Thanks a bunch for your replies, they have really been helpful.

I have been able to get the maintenance funds into my account today after some bank iss. so unfortunately i have to begin the 28 days count.

Kindly confirm which day would be okay to confirm my visa application and make payments.

Also i would have to use the priority service and i do not want to make a mistake, cos i read somewhere that i cannot apply for priority once i have submitted my application.

How do i go about this?

Thanks guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bamjay: 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hi NLanders. help me out. I applied to the university of sheffield, U.K. today and I got a mail stating that I have been offered an unconditional offer at their school. Isnt this way TOO fast? how did they review my app so quickly? abi na scam? biko, nairalanders help me put mouth.
P.S.-sorry for derailing the thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
Transformium:
@1step2right and chilez

I have been able to get the maintenance funds into my account today after some bank iss. so unfortunately i have to begin the 28 days count.

Kindly confirm which day would be okay to confirm my visa application and make payments.

Also i would have to use the priority service and i do not want to make a mistake, cos i read somewhere that i cannot apply for priority once i have submitted my application.

How do i go about this?

Thanks guys
Erhhh, it may not really come as an answer but ehy pay for priority when January still dey far, unless u wanna travel soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
bamjay:
Hi NLanders. help me out. I applied to the university of sheffield, U.K. today and I got a mail stating that I have been offered an unconditional offer at their school. Isnt this way TOO fast? how did they review my app so quickly? abi na scam? biko, nairalanders help me put mouth.
P.S.-sorry for derailing the thread

Some schools are like that.I applied to a school and I got an offer that same day.so congrats smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bamjay: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
crazydove:

Some schools are like that.I applied to a school and I got an offer that same day.so congrats smiley

tnk u ... smiley grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Transformium: 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
chilez:

Erhhh, it may not really come as an answer but ehy pay for priority when January still dey far, unless u wanna travel soon.

you didn't get me. January wont be far after i count 28days from today. so i need to know how to go about priority before then.

my start date is 11 January.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1step2right: 12:47am On Nov 21, 2015
Transformium:
@1step2right and chilez

How do i go about this?

Thanks guys

hmmmmm.....let's say you can confirm your application 20 - 21 of next month. I don't know much about priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
chilez:

Well, my program is for 17months too but what i wrote in answer to my question is ''throughout my studies'' and i got my 21 months visa.
2. Its best u put you school's address for the address info at least if u havent gotten a place yet off-camp.
Thanks alot. Ireally appreciate
but wahs the best explanation to give for it during the interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
Transformium:
@1step2right and chilez

How do i go about this?

Thanks guys

You can pay for priority service on the TLS website after submitting your application online, there's a section on the website where you'll find "added services". but if you are having troubles with it, u can just chill till the day you'll go for the interview. you'ld be asked if u want to pay for priority service at the visa application centre. so they can also do it for u dere. ion tink they accept cast tho.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
creamyworkz:

Thanks alot. Ireally appreciate
but wahs the best explanation to give for it during the interview.
U welcome, the same reply but if they ask u sth like '' during vaction or more like break in the term wat wud u be doing?'' U can reply by saying u'd return back home to family and friends, dey sha just want to know u have strong home ties to ur country and to know u're a genuine student.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iyb(m): 11:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
my guys please for those that recently paid for the ihs and visa fees how much in naira where you charged
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2015
iyb:
my guys please for those that recently paid for the ihs and visa fees how much in naira where you charged
Depends on ur bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.