Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,983 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (51823 Views)

Christians, Churches And Tithes Are Not Nigeria's Underdevelopment Problems / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed / 10 Biblical Truths To Combat Temptation Of Lying As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Rapture4real(m): 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
This op is totally erroneous.This is heresy of heresies.God will hold you responsible for as many as you make to stumble by your errors.Pls ignore this man.The word of the Lord stands sure.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Stanbeto: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
This is were wisdom and Holy Spirit comes to play
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by viktor01(m): 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
Let he that thinks he stand take heed lest he fall.
The Bible says flee every appearances of evil. Where a cigarette is or a bottle of gulder appears is evil, so flee.
It's better not to eat with the Devil at all than trying to eat with him with a long spoon.
Trust me, You can't outsmart the Devil, He has lived a lot longer than you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
No body is perfect, nobody is a saint

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
misreal:
mr op,you are misleading people..all the above mentioned activities will take you to hell. .you haven't seen any Scripture that kicks against wearing braided hair because u dont read your bible.

I must thank lalasticlala for putting this on front page because this is one thread that is so transparent and real.

I want the pastors in Nigeria to see this and come here to educate us if they believe there is one wrong thing i wrote and ofcourse quoting from the scriptures.

I would advice every reader to ignore any baseless comments debunking what i have up there except they have biblical scriptures to show otherwise.

Nigeria church members are so gullible and myopic that all you hear them say is "Our pastor said" What a shame.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by ODUBEZE: 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]1.Smoking [/size]

Smoking is not a sin but the question is what do you smoke into your body? If there is something else that is not harmful to your body which is the temple of GOD,if only there is something else to smoke that will not damage your organs then you can smoke your way into the Kingdom of GOD but as long as you smoke in harmful substances that damage your organs or brain then this is regarded as a sinful habit and must be stoped before it takes you to hell.
It is established that smoking is harmful to the body! are U not contradicting yourself?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
ODUBEZE:

It is established that smoking is harmful to the body! are U not contradicting yourself?

Are you sure you read that very well?

Gosh!
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Bonapart(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:
THE ONLY WAY OUT

The truth is that most of us believers are guilty of one or more of these sinful acts and we all need the spirit of GOD to perfect our salvation as we strife towards making the heavenly kingdom.

In conclusion, this scriptural verses have said it all in plain English so anything that falls within this is considered sinful.

"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures,idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division,envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
(Galatians 5:9-21)

With the help of the Holy spirit,our lives will be pleasing to Jehovah. We can not do it on our own.

I pray that GOD grants us the power to fight the battle of faith till we end up in heaven in Jesus name,AMEN!
op you need to get born-again and stop deceiving and misleading people with your devlish write up... You pharisee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Timothy3113(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
7gy
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by atoleybaba(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Here is one of the passages i had in mind.. u understanding here is wrong...

Paul writes, "But I want you to understand that the head of every man (that is Christian men and women) is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head" (1 Cor. 1:3-6).
look at that part that says every woman who "prays" and "prophesies" it did not say any woman goes to the temple....what that place is trying to say is any woman taking the lead probably thru prayer or preaching should cover her hair

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Timothy3113(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]6.Polygamy[/size]

Polygamy was not specifically stated as sin in the bible but lets take a look at some Biblical references which to me makes polygamy unacceptable to GOD making it a sin.

In Matt. 19:4 we are told by Jesus that God created one “male and [one] female” and joined them in marriage. Mark 10:6-8:"But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.
The two as one is the pattern on how marriage was to be conducted from the start. NOT three or four as one.

Eve was taken from Adams body and given back to him as his wife (singular) showing God’s approval of what the marriage union is to be like. God always spoke of man's “wife,” as singular, not wives. Notice it also states one father one mother.

It wasn’t until sin made man fall (Gen. 4:23) that polygamy occurs. Cain was cursed, Lamech is a descendent of Cain and the first to practice polygamy. The first time polygamous relationship is found in the Bible is with a thriving rebellious society in sin; when a murderer named “Lamech [a descendant of Cain] took for himself two wives” (Gen.4:19, 23).

The same Godly pattern of one man and one wife is lived by Noah. At the time of the Ark (Gen. 7:7), Noah took his one wife into the ark, all his son’s took one wife; God called Noah’s family righteous and pure. If polygamy were ordained of God, it would have made sense that Noah and his sons would have taken additional wives with them to repopulate the earth faster from the cataclysm.

But if we remove human philosophy,i still maintain that there is no part in the bible that specifically states that polygamy is a sin but i will not advice anyman to indulge in it due to its ugly complexities.
undecidedmattew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. Mark10:11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.10:12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
Same applies to man. Polygamy is adultry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Why do you so called new age Christians choose to allow satan to keep you folks adamant in sinful blindedness. Look at all the shameful analysis you make to justify something that even many ungodly men won't even think of.

Even common sense tells us some things that are unwholesome but common sense is not common.

Even when I was a hardnened sinner maturbation was so foreign to me and the very mention of it was abominable to me.

My own bible speaks clearly to me about such things as maturbation without calling it by that particular name. When the bible speaks against lust, uncleanness, inordinate behaviors, concupiscence, keeping my body which is the temple of God holy, integrity, dignity and such things I don't need anyone to tell me its addressing such dirty habits as maturbation and the rest.

You can go ahead and interprete your own Bible however suits you.

Why should a married couple engage in maturbation when the partner is absent. Isn't that unwholesome? Where is self control, temperance, honour, integrity, discipline in such act. Even animals don't go to such extremes. If you have an evil habit, deal with it and stop justifying it.

There is no other sexual activity sanctioned by God and supported by the scripture except that between a man and a woman and only in marriage. Anything outside this has nothing to do with God and is outright sin and ungodliness whether in marriage or outside marriage.

Show me from the scriptures where Abraham, Moses, Joshua, David, the holy prophets, the holy apostles of Christ engaged in such an unclean habit as maturbation.

The same method you use to justify maturbation is the same gays use to justify their ungodly shameful act.

Why? Because you fellows do not understand God and how holy He is. What it means that God is holy. What it means that God requires us to be holy as He is.

I know you'll still argue but I won't engage you further.

Thank you Bros for such nice expository. May God's anointing upon your life be multiplied. Our friend is holding the truth in unrighteousness. They probably don't have genuine salvation

4 Likes

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by atoleybaba(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

You are begining to bore me.

Please forget my matter and educate people with vivid scriptural quotes and not by human phylosophy.

Thats my point.I hate hypochrisy and i know many people who do worse stuffs than even masturbating yet they front sainthood.

Just hear yourself advising someone having a natural urge to copulate to give himself to fasting and prayer ...why not start fasting and praying if you feel pressed to defecate?

Even paul adviced marriage just as i also did and for those who have the grace to subdue it can do that while those with high libido should find a way to ease of without ponographic inducement but you are here trying to form an alpha.

Im very practical and down to earth so show me from the bible where self servicing is mentioned as a sin and i will change my notion right now.

Just like addiction is bad,in like manner masturbating could be addictive...people must understand difference between bad habbit and sin so the best you can come up is to say from your perspective,masturbation is a bad habit but that does not make it a sinful habbit.
I love ur write up.but av u ever heard of the desire of d flesh?

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by clek: 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

Polygamy was not specifically stated as sin in the bible but lets take a look at some Biblical references which to me makes polygamy unacceptable to GOD making it a sin.

In Matt. 19:4 we are told by Jesus that God created one “male and [one] female” and joined them in marriage. Mark 10:6-8:"But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.
The two as one is the pattern on how marriage was to be conducted from the start. NOT three or four as one.

Eve was taken from Adams body and given back to him as his wife (singular) showing God’s approval of what the marriage union is to be like. God always spoke of man's “wife,” as singular, not wives. Notice it also states one father one mother.

It wasn’t until sin made man fall (Gen. 4:23) that polygamy occurs. Cain was cursed, Lamech is a descendent of Cain and the first to practice polygamy. The first time polygamous relationship is found in the Bible is with a thriving rebellious society in sin; when a murderer named “Lamech [a descendant of Cain] took for himself two wives” (Gen.4:19, 23).

The same Godly pattern of one man and one wife is lived by Noah. At the time of the Ark (Gen. 7:7), Noah took his one wife into the ark, all his son’s took one wife; God called Noah’s family righteous and pure. If polygamy were ordained of God, it would have made sense that Noah and his sons would have taken additional wives with them to repopulate the earth faster from the cataclysm.

But if we remove human philosophy,i still maintain that there is no part in the bible that specifically states that polygamy is a sin but i will not advice anyman to indulge in it due to its ugly complexities.
I disagree.
Polygamy has been since the days of abraham.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by ODUBEZE: 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

Smoking is not a sin but the question is what do you smoke into your body? .
Your assertion is misleading!
Can U cite an example of what one smoke in without contaminating the body?

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
atoleybaba:
I love ur write up.but av u ever heard of the desire of d flesh?

I have listed the things that make up desire of the flesh and that was written on the very first page.

I am really dumbfounded that at this point in time,many people can not discuss productively and all i read here are derogatory comments without any form of enlightenment from the scriptures and bro firebyfire who tried to debunk masturbation also failed to explicitly make a point but would rather abuse and use human philosophy.

In the word of GOD there is no room for human logic because the words of GOD is settled even before the foundations of the world was laid.

All i wrote up there are subject to correction. All i asked for is to be corrected and so far not even one person has come up with a verese from the Bible to debunk one of those 8 teachings as written by me.

This is a clear sign that most people who go to church these days have no mind of their own but a follow follow my pastor said mindset and this is very dangerous.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by NifemiOlu(m): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
I knew the OP would run into trouble when I saw those Paul's verses. Paul wrote so many things to certain churches at that time from his own point of view. He was the like the sole authority at the time. In many places, you can see him using the pronoun 'I'.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by HirstMOG(m): 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]2.Alcohol intake [/size]

Alcohol intake is not a sin at all but drunkenness is a sin. Some people can take two bottles of beer without getting stupid while some people will take just a glass and get tipsy.

The problem is that how many people can draw the line between moderate intake of alcohol and excessive intake? This is why I will advice you desist from the act totally so that you will not cross the line and end up messing up yourself and allowing the alcohol control you which may lead you to sin.

Although the Bible never says that alcohol itself is sinful, it does say many times that drunkenness is a sin. God says, "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." (Ephesians 5:6) In fact, there are many verses in the Bible which speak out against drunkenness.

1 corinthians 6:10.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
ODUBEZE:

Your assertion is misleading!
Can U cite an example of what one smoke in without contaminating the body?

http://herbgardens.about.com/od/herbrecipes/tp/What-Herbs-Can-Be-Used-For-Smoking-Mixtures.htm
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by engrsoma(m): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
Chizzled06:

Lol you might want to actually learn about the history of the bible. Its authorship, discrepancies, canonization, lost scrolls etc.
If your convictions remain, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

the likes of you, have gone far enough to read the history of the Bible etcetera without opening the bible, what use? just to discredit the bible?
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
HirstMOG:

1 corinthians 6:10.

"nor thieves nor the greedy nor [b]drunkards [/b]nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Next time please quote and explain because i just wasted my time quoting what does not make any difference.
Drunkenness is when you are drunk and i explained everything before.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

There are many things i hate but one thing i greatly loathe and that is a very bad IQ.

This is an online forum where we all need to learn from each other not by indulging in beer parlor arguments but highly intellectual one.

Please i don't want any clueless self acclaimed pastor or holier than thou "my pastor said" to berg into this thread to argue the points i listed without any biblical referen(es)

We are not touts or dullards here but individuals willing to learn from the same words in the Bible. Read through my posts and you will see how i explained in details from the very word of GOD so please no one should come here to argue baseless without using bible verses to buttress his/her point.

Hope you all get my drift.

Op no mind dem majority of those forming holy holy are always d baddest.
They are either are caught pant down or doing one bad thing or another.
Dey kick against it in public bt wetin dem dey try inside ehn. Dem no born ordinary member make he try am...

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

Smoking is not a sin but the question is what do you smoke into your body? If there is something else that is not harmful to your body which is the temple of GOD,if only there is something else to smoke that will not damage your organs then you can smoke your way into the Kingdom of GOD but as long as you smoke in harmful substances that damage your organs or brain then this is regarded as a sinful habit and must be stoped before it takes you to hell.

Smoking is wrong cos it damages our body which is the temple of God but alcohol is not wrong, as long as it's not drunk to stupor.
But no matter the quantity of alcohol consumed, it has a negative effect on the body...thus making it on par with smoking - which is wrong!
#justsaying
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Funjosh(m): 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

[s] It is one thing to argue and another to discuss issues for the benefit of others to learn.

NEWS FLASH...i gave my life to christ 27years ago when some people reading this were not yet born.

Im fully grounded in christ with the full baptism of the holy ghost so please put to rest your erroneous belief of the new age thing cos im as old fashioned as you can think of.

Talking about making analysis over masturbation i must state clearly that i have never whanked in my life and yes sometimes as human i fantacize been single but you must understand that this discussion is not about both of us but for others to learn..

Sexual feeling is as normal as the feeling of tiredness,sleep,defecating and urinating.

Lets stop leading people to hell by making life hard for them.Lets say it as it is...if your passion is high please get married as Paul adviced and because of the economy situation people cant marry as fast as they want but this does not stop hard on from happening or a lady from getting Hot.

Please lets not allow hypochrisy to be the order of the day.If you are single and feeling Hot try to control it but if you can please jerk it off and be at peace rather than fall into actual fornication.

I must only warn that addiction to all form of habbits is the problem here so be careful not to get carried away..and get married to avoid burning with pasion. [/s]

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by nogames: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

1Tim 3 v 2 -12 state the qualities of a Bishop, one of it is that , he must be husband of one wife. If all of us are potential Bishop (servant of God) then we must adhere to this verse.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by henryutd(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]4.Wearing an attachment and covering of the head[/size]

The same scriptures for jewelry wearings also applies here

Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. (1 Peter 3:3-5)

As I quoted in the scripture above, there is no sin at all if you decorate yourself from head to toe with gold but the Bible made us understand that we should not just be concerned about this act but also make sure we enmesh ourselves with GODLY virtues so enjoy wearing your jewelries while keeping in mind the need to uphold GODLY virtues

I always marvel at the taught that wearing an attachment will take you to hell and I honestly have not found one verse in the scripture suggesting this so I don’t really need to waste time on this issue. You can beautify your hair anyway you like and that has got nothing to do with been saved or making heaven.

Concerning the covering of head in church or when praying
, many churches are so myopic about this because the very passage in the bible they usually quote stated clearly that the long hair of a woman is a covering to her head and this simply means that if you are a lady with a low cut,it is expedient to cover your head but if you have long hairs i guess that itself is a covering to your head. Lets read this together.

13Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, [size=16pt]15but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering[/size]. 16But if one is inclined to be contentious, we have no other practice, nor have the churches of God. 1 Corinthians 11:13-16

This one alone could be used against you in the day of reckoning. Be mindful of what you preach. Read from verse 3 to 16. Stop misleading people before the wrath of God come upon you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Frankiss44(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Timothy3113:
undecidedmattew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. Mark10:11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.10:12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
Same applies to man. Polygamy is adultry

You didn't even say anything.. All what you quoted didn't say anything about polygamy... Because a man can marry a new wife without sending the first one away
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by bennyrazz: 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2015
when people sin and they look up scriptures to back up their sin. It is very wrong. So many loopholes in the write up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by taiwo05(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2015
Op all wot u r saying it trash...pure nonsense

it better u keep mute than misleading people... infact with all ds u wrote shows holy spirit has depart from u...better u re-dedicate ya life before it too late.

end time preacher

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by xhamel89: 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

You are on your own.

You read the scripture only to your head and not to your heart. You study it like a novel. At the end of each point you still come to agree that they should stayed off it. By the way, why don't you start preaching so those preachers can learn from you.

I only see Satan using you like serpent told a quasi-truth to Eve. I wish we can sit together to analyze bible the proper way. You need spiritual insight to see beyond the message. You said the truth in almost your post but it was an injurious truth.

2 Likes

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Frankiss44(m): 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
oluwafreshkid:

Smoking is wrong cos it damages our body which is the temple of God but alcohol is not wrong, as long as it's not drunk to stupor.
But no matter the quantity of alcohol consumed, it has a negative effect on the body...thus making it on par with smoking - which is wrong!
#justsaying

Are you aware Jesus ate and drank with sinners?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From Bishop Oyedepo's Daughter's Wedding / Another COZA Video Released Ahead Of Program After Controversial Davido Video / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.