Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees (27107 Views)

PDP Govs, Senators, Reps Begin Search For Credible National Chair / Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps / Ministerial List; Buhari Strips APC Govs., Senators, Reps Power To Pick Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by hmuhammad(m): 9:51am On Sep 06, 2015
Can someone tell me if State Governors will accept their own list of commissioners from Local Government Chairmen? All this wailers de use anus think

Ride on Baba, do what pleases you to bring about positive change.

PMB/PYO till 2023

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by YurFatHer: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2015
Buhari should pick his cabinet by himself. We will be damn happy for dis.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by CallPolice: 9:53am On Sep 06, 2015
That is a statement that you have to answer to him alone.

No Godfather!
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by nnanyereugo(m): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2015
I grin
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2015
Let Buhari set the pace for his future predecessors to emulate...Period!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2015
hmuhammad:
Can someone tell me if State Governors will accept their own list of commissioners from Local Government Chairmen? All this wailers de use anus think

Ride on Baba, do what pleases you to bring about positive change.

PMB/PYO till 2023
Don't mind them jare.....Let them continue wailing.....who cares? After all, talk is cheap.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by oismail(m): 10:12am On Sep 06, 2015
That's the power of CHANGE
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by nellyelitz(m): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Hahahaha they've been scammed
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by kobe79: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2015
[[s]quote author=otijah post=37723568]wetin be all dis one sef, dis man is just ruling the country the way that pleases him,

he has scammed every Apc members that voted him in, even the jagagbam himself, Amaechi, Fashola, rochas and the rest are regretting it, you can't even give him an advice because he is not gonna listen

This is no more Democracy but Mono and Northocracy joined together

I guess Amaechi is looking for a way to collect his money for campaign but he won't dare or else kirikiri will be joints and hangout for next 300yrs
#100wasteddays
[/quote]
[/s]

for your mind you done talk better tin abi

go sit down for gutter my friend!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Khez: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2015
That is what ambode and tinubu is waiting for over here in lagos, should in case their personal people falls out, they pick em up as commissioners,.....we they wait em tho*
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by hinwazaka: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2015
If the Governors and Senators are from this states: Kano, Kaduna, Borno, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Adamawa, then we can assume their nominees will be selected. if they are from this states: Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ogun, then we can assume, they are deluded about their influence and chances. If they are from this states: Delta, Bayelsa, Enugu, Ebonyi, IMO, Anambra, Abia, Akwa ibom, Calabar, then you can be sure they know better
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 06, 2015
What is this?
haven't we passed this stage.
or is it another ploy to further delay the appointment of ministers.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Jamb2016Expo: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2015
yea
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by aimuan(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.

However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:

1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?

2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.

3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!

5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.

6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?

7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.

8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.

These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.

u deserve ministerial position for this beautiful piece of write up.i bow my head for u.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by anzaeggon(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmmmm.Buhari should not bit d fingers that fed him oh.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Mopolchi: 10:36am On Sep 06, 2015
Criminalmindz, what you said appears meaningful. But I wonder what good could come out from a criminally minded moniker?
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by phapi(m): 10:38am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.

However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:

1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?

2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.

3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!

5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.

6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?

7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.

8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.

These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.

Constructive Criticism you are just too good bru

This is the kind of criticism you get from an educated southerner,am so proud to be a southerner

BACK TO THE ISSUE @ HAND
PMB can not hit the polity rolling if he want to do errything his own way,he should @ lest take to other people advice.
Besides if this govt fails it not of my concern bcoz from day1 I knew the dullard Duara man can not reposition this country
#100WastedDays

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Rotimi47: 10:39am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by coldFLARES1(m): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2015
I thought we got past this hogwash a few months back. For heaven's sake, today's 6th September and the president has promised to appoint his ministers this month. If his nominees would still have to undergo security screening before the screening by the Senate, then they should spare us these pieces of crap except Saint Buhari is looking for another opportunity to appoint an all-aboki cabinet as he has done with his appointments so far, against the prescription of the constitution.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Carmal90(m): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2015
efilefun:
with the success fowler achieved in Lagos state only a fool will ignore him, by the way was the nomination by tinubu done in your living room?? You guys won't stop spewing dust
Oga either you like it or not, aside buhari himself tinubu is the most beneficiary of this govt as at today,he got vp,house leader,firs head,deputy chief of staff znd deputy media to president,more to come, i can vouch that tinubu will have at least three ministerial slot kept for him by buhari, i only pity our brother dr saraki, he is definetely falling apart politically

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Rotimi47: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2015
hinwazaka:
If the Governors and Senators are from this states: Kano, Kaduna, Borno, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Adamawa, then we can assume their nominees will be selected. if they are from this states: Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ogun, then we can assume, they are deluded about their influence and chances. If they are from this states: Delta, Bayelsa, Enugu, Ebonyi, IMO, Anambra, Abia, Akwa ibom, Calabar, then you can be sure they know better
Delta, bayelsa, ebonyi, anambra, abia, akwa ibom & cross river are deluded as the governors if allowed to nominate anyone, they will simply nominate corrupt, deluded & people who are filled with ethnic sentiments; these states ain't even PDP states so why should their governors nominate anyone for ministerial appointment., Its better APC loyalists in these state nominate for these states. Orubebe, wike, patience Jonathan, Ayim even jonathan are all bad influences.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by spenca: 10:51am On Sep 06, 2015
This is where these wanna be, desperate journalist if they are even qualified to be called that mess up the polity , was it ever in their "powers" to nominate ministers. A party policy is different from a Nation's obligations
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by 989900: 10:51am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

Summary: The south in general, have evolved further and better in thoughts and rationale.
The north is still largely sentimentally stuck in the past, and the 'rankadede' cliche -- further burnished by religious sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by yayankainuwa: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

ur myopic, while the nation is embarking on a crucial journey of positive change, ur still bringing up trivialities to distract gullible Nigerians. Its unfortunate ur still talking about N & S divide, in this 21st century. May God guide u.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by hisgrace090: 11:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Oh! pmb you sweet me nobi small.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by hinwazaka: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2015
Rotimi47:
Delta, bayelsa, ebonyi, anambra, abia, akwa ibom & cross river are deluded as the governors if allowed to nominate anyone, they will simply nominate corrupt, deluded & people who are filled with ethnic sentiments; these states ain't even PDP states so why should their governors nominate anyone for ministerial appointment., Its better APC loyalists in these state nominate for these states. Orubebe, wike, patience Jonathan, Ayim even jonathan are all bad influences.
I love your line of thought. You want a totalitarian government, which pays no respect to the constitution. A government of lawless leaders, who have no respect for due process. A government, made up of despotic individuals who create laws in their bedrooms. You want North Korea. The only problem, is that we are not in North Korea.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by hinwazaka: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2015
Rotimi47:
Rotimi47:
I love your line of thought. You want a totalitarian government, which pays no respect to the constitution. A government of lawless leaders, who have no respect for due process. A government, made up of despotic individuals who create laws in their bedrooms. You want North Korea. The only problem, is that we are not in North Korea.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Eboski(m): 11:09am On Sep 06, 2015
yayankainuwa:
ur myopic, while the nation is embarking on a crucial journey of positive change, ur still bringing up trivialities to distract gullible Nigerians. Its unfortunate ur still talking about N & S divide, in this 21st century. May God guide u.
please don't degrade what he just wrote,this is what we the Southerners fail to understand when it comes to national issues.he is 100percent right and 100dayswasted....
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Sultanchidi(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2015
As long as d right pple ar given d positions, am ok with it
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Oje2: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2015
Kudos to my president PMB, the messiah has come. More wisdom for you I pray Amen.
Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by simeonii(m): 11:44am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

3.How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

My like and share won't be enough....I have to quote you. I once thought of some of these issues you raised...one of late uncle use to say and I quote 'PERSON WEY TOO GO SCHOOL, NA FLOWER HIM GO DEY WATER FOR ROAD SIDE...Meaning may be too much of education is causing all this. In a country where some people with certificate said they prefer someone with NEPA BILL as qualification, undecided then you begin to wonder! Wonder!! And keep on wondering!!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees by Otunbatrafford: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2015
Change has come to stay. If you don't like the way Buhari is running his government, go and embrace transformer and allow others to enjoy the ongoing revitalization of the country that has been battered by Jonathan and his gang.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hausa Man Must Be Emir / EFCC Rushes James-Bala Ngilari To Hospital (pic) / Ogbe-Ijoh Police Station In Warri Attacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.