Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert (23334 Views)

What Do You Hate About Your Current Relationship? / 10 Signs An Introvert Is In Love With You / What Do You Hate About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 8:01am On May 13, 2016
Heromaniaa:
I don't have a single friend.
same as me lol
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Ahdunns(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
dmcdad:

You know you dont have to let your stature waiegh you down right? There is o excuse to feel downcasted or something... Always look at the positive side of things.
bro u just talk dat tin cuz u thought dat he needed sum1 to console him. But introspection kips gettin beta. U beta undastnd his core issue b4 uttering solutions
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by dmcdad: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ahdunns:
bro u just talk dat tin cuz u thought dat he needed sum1 to console him. But introspection kips gettin beta. U beta undastnd his core issue b4 uttering solutions
Wrong! I have someone like him who is full of himself because of that same body type. It's a mindset thing, hence my advice.

Understand the concept of an ish before jumping in.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Ahdunns(m): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Lordnewton1:
Am also one of you guys and the only thing i crave for is Understanding. No one ever understands me even when i try to express my self the words just dont flow accordingly cause i stutter a little. So av learnt to try solving my problems myself and its acutually working for me.
Am also trying hard to keep up with the extroverts its not been easy with lots of pressure from every angle because after you try to express yourself like them they will always expect you to act that way even when you need your personal space. Some of them just be like which kind of human being is this
And currently most girls in my class thinks i snub them because they act all excited when they see me but i be like "fine, thank you "three of them dont even respond to my greetings anymore they think am proud buht they just dont know how timid i am on the inside and how much i want to communicate with them. All this pressures from social gatherings makes me try to adjust to fit in other not to be left out and in the end i just get worn out and tired of pretending which makes me just wana get home. My friends are always complaining of that, asking me why i always want to get home the just dont know am very different from them and just trying to fit in. The stories goes on and on just remembered secondary school was hell fire, was emotionally disturbed was literarily scared of girls dont know how to communicate with them even those who had a crush on me was not sure of me cause to them am like too serious dont wat would be my reaction. A girl told me that i'm not even gentle but silent, some say pretender while others deceptive and proud.
Let me stop here I know many of you in this thread might NOT READ MY comment cause its verbose...too much words. But am heavily relieved posting it here among our kind cause we understand each other...love to know that there's some one out there who is like me, who understands so now i dont feel alone. (so much words for an introvert- cause am comfortable among my kind). Thanks for reading
gaddammn.. All yhu said is true.Ur'e actually a blessing. E be as if na me d talk self. But wen u wrote diz,were u analyzing to see if u were corect or not? Nd i belivd u might av searched websites 4 answers to no avail. Me sef i no knw aw much i fit help u but. actually,someday thiz wuld be a problm of d past. Dont 4get ur overall focus in life bro.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Magnoliaa(f): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ojisik:

You took the words right out of my mind. It's so sad when people view us like this.

They don't understand that their topics for discussion are too shallow.

Why should i argue with a group of friends about the prettiest girl on our street when much more thought provoking topics exist.

honestly! You are soo right. There are a lot of things going on, and a lot of things to think about. I soo much hate small talks,
i would have to think for hours about the best reply to give in such conversations. but i can go on and on for hours when it's a very deep and meaningful topic. The flow is smooth and evrything just comes easily to my mind.
I 'force' myself to small talk becos i don't want to be seen as being too serious. All the time. [sighs]

one thing i hate about being an introvert is not being to make friends easily. I guess it's the same with introverts. I hate the fact that i get depressed often, and i hate the fact that i over-think. . .
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Magnoliaa(f): 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
[/quote] All this pressures from social gatherings makes me try to adjust to fit in other not to be left out and in the end i just get worn out [/quote]

Yeah, trying to fit in soo draining. . .i've given that up now though. . I won't force myself to be someone im not. Im not sociable, im not outgoing and im fine with it. .
If you talk to me, fine. . And if not, let's just rather wait for a situation that'll get us to converse. . .

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nnfe(f): 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
Am I the only one that dislikes girls that like boys too much, or girls that are always clingy to guys n dependent..It just irritates me..

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by kateskitty(f): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
kaziblake:
Boredom,always alone no stupid boyfriend to disturb my peace,but it was caused by pyscological trauma,let leave it for another day
As an introvert, I wish I could laugh more. Until I discovered Dave Chappelle and Trevor Noah.
I hate nothing about being an introvert, the only thing I hate is that people don't try to understand me.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by harriet412(f): 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
The fact that I stutter when I speak and I find conversations so boring. I prefer to lie in bed and just read novels all through. I can literally count all the ceremonies I've attended... I miss out so much on opportunities ... I'd have to double check so many times before I do something... I choose my words so carefully before I talk... Never given a public speech before, first time I tried, I was so blank... Social life is wack, I'm so opposite of my parents.. Just have 1 friend.. Lol, God knows how I bug her so much bou err'thing I dogrin ... Looking forward to my seminar, just hope I don't freak out.

Lol, this should be the longest I've typed on nl.
Mehn.. I hate being an introvert.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Ahdunns(m): 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
Antoinne:

sis u gotta calm down. U aint gat to be so hARd on dis dude naw! Trust me, if sum1 kips reminising bout himself being a faliure,then sure he wuld go no where except he sits 1 on 1 with an expert to talk common sense into his head in other to prevent him from condeming himself lyk an engine oil.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by egopersonified(f): 7:01am On May 14, 2017
Maybe someone should start a thread on what they hate about being an extrovert, then you all will appreciate some of these 'disadvantages'. If you really want someone as a friend, look for activities that would make you be together. It actually gets easier with time, the kind of job you do, the type of family, friends, neighbours and colleagues you have. But it gets better, IF YOU WANT IT TO.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 7:34am On May 14, 2017
Lacomus:
Mine is always forcing my self to be with people, it really suck especially when I'm in a middle of discussion and my mind starts telling me "Oboy let's go home"

"Introvert" make una carry name give una self o introvert is just a name you are hiding under you are all suffering from low self esteem. And the earlier you face your fears the better for you all.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 7:40am On May 14, 2017
maxwell60:
"Introvert" make una carry name give una self o introvert is just a name you are hiding under you are all suffering from low self esteem. And the earlier you face your fears the better for you all.
oga self esteem I hear theeee
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 7:41am On May 14, 2017
harriet412:
The fact that I stutter when I speak and I find conversations so boring. I prefer to lie in bed and just read novels all through. I can literally count all the ceremonies I've attended... I miss out so much on opportunities ... I'd have to double check so many times before I do something... I choose my words so carefully before I talk... Never given a public speech before, first time I tried, I was so blank... Social life is wack, I'm so opposite of my parents.. Just have 1 friend.. Lol, God knows how I bug her so much bou err'thing I dogrin ... Looking forward to my seminar, just hope I don't freak out.

Lol, this should be the longest I've typed on nl.
Mehn.. I hate being an introvert.
My dear forget this "Introvert" bullshit you are suffering from low self esteem which is very dangerous it can lead to axiety which always leads to suicide I will advice you not to run away from those thing you are scared of face them and love yourself the way you are, and your life will be better ok? stop calling yourself introvert the name "Introvert" alone is creating more problems for you. Peace
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 9:46am On May 14, 2017
Ojisik:

So true my friend. I feel this way alot of times.

Quick question: do you ever rethink a situation after it has occurred? E .g. : I should have smiled more at that stranger or I should have given a handshake instead of a hug...stuff like that
Yes o.. It happens to me. I rethink many situations especially when it has passed already!
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 10:52am On May 14, 2017
That feeling when i've experienced both Introvert and Extrovert
That feeling when now an introvert
That feeling when loving every second of it
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by harriet412(f): 9:02pm On May 15, 2017
maxwell60:
My dear forget this "Introvert" bullshit you are suffering from low self esteem which is very dangerous it can lead to axiety which always leads to suicide I will advice you not to run away from those thing you are scared of face them and love yourself the way you are, and your life will be better ok? stop calling yourself introvert the name "Introvert" alone is creating more problems for you. Peace

Mr, I'm not suffering from low self esteem...I'm just quiet and reserved.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Kendzyma(m): 11:14pm On May 15, 2017
...no one here mentioned that most introverts are chronic masturbators,caused by boredom and lack of will to get on with a girl which increases their konji level...
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Tyviv(f): 11:21am On May 16, 2017
Well I don't think I hate anything about being an introvert although I hate the names they call me, some one called me a recluse last week smiley...i love being alone and I also have few friends, I hate noise, I hate crowd too...
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by newslifeop: 11:44am On May 16, 2017
Nothin
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by extremelygolden: 12:28pm On May 16, 2017
My neighbours keep asking why I don't like coming to sit and discuss with them outside, especially when there's no light at night instead of sitting put inside, and in my mind I will be like what the hell will I be discussing with them if I go outside to sit with them!

And I have a very serious problem dressing up and going to visit people. That's one thing I don't know how to do. I would have dressed up a million times, UnCloth another million times and then place a call to whoever I was going to visit that I couldn't make it as scheduled. They all ended up thinking I am avoiding them, but only me, myself and I know that was how I was wired from the beginning. So weird of me sha!
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by dingbang(m): 12:40pm On May 16, 2017
extremelygolden:
My neighbours keep asking why I don't like coming to sit and discuss with them outside, especially when there's no light at night instead of sitting put inside, and in my mind I will be like what the hell will I be discussing with them if I go outside to sit with them!

And I have a very serious problem dressing up and going to visit people. That's one thing I don't know how to do. I would have dressed up a million times, UnCloth another million times and then place a call to whoever I was going to visit that I couldn't make it as scheduled. They all ended up thinking I am avoiding them, but only me, myself and I know that was how I was wired from the beginning. So weird of me sha!
are you a guy?
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 16, 2017
I used to be a core introvert (still working on myself though). Growing up I would walk with my head faced down, if I dressed too well I would be too shy to step outside alone. I dreaded going out and meeting new people. Even till now I'm still being seen as proud because I hardly associate with people. I would say getting married changed me a lot, my partner being an extrovert helped me step out of my comfort zone. After I became a parent my self confidence went from 0 to 100. I am still a very quiet person but I try very hard to mix with people and contribute to conversations even when I just want to be alone and mute.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by extremelygolden: 8:39pm On May 16, 2017
dingbang:
are you a guy?

No, a gal.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by barallanee(f): 11:20pm On May 16, 2017
Den in skul...it made people nt to even talk to me,thinking DAT am a snob..and wen I smile or talk to dem..der feel so surprised...I get unnecessarily embarassed
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by chiraqDemon(m): 1:05am On May 17, 2017
barallanee:
Den in skul...it made people nt to even talk to me,thinking DAT am a snob..and wen I smile or talk to dem..der feel so surprised...I get unnecessarily embarassed
Exactly, i was shocked when a friend of mine told me thay a girl he was talking with said i was proud cos i drive and stuff thats why i dont talk to girls or some kind guys.
In my mind i was like jeesus, me that is just quiet while wishing that somebody will come and talk to me. Cos i cant initiate convos and most times sef i feel better when im alone instead of when im in the midst of ppl.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by martinlooter(m): 2:38am On May 17, 2017
My only challenge is that it has deprived me of getting married to a woman when i was supposed to even till now. Me, I don't have a problem starting a conversation now, in fact, most people think I am a master conversationalist, but what they don't understand is in my inner heart of hearts, I really want to end the conversation with them and be alone.
In reality, I think its a problem, cos life is more fun when you live it with other people. Its okay for ladies to be introverts, but for guys its a no no.
Raising this thread means people don't understand you, and the society expects more from you. Therefore, why not make a conscious effort to extend a fellowship, tolerate that one hour with that other person, be a friend to someone and crawl out of your shells sometimes.
me I am now a very dynamic person, when I am alone, I enjoy my quiet times, but when a friend pops in for a conversation, I engage them in whatever they feel conducive to discuss.
I wish you guys all the best.
Btw, I don't know what became of the whatsapp group for introverts, the last I saw that invite was in 2015, if the group is still existent in 2017, add me up with my number: 08138129166

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Tklabelle(f): 5:58am On May 17, 2017
Constantly having to try to open up to people and communicate when I'm perfectly happy being a loner

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by shollarey(m): 6:54am On May 17, 2017
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 12:40am On May 22, 2017
martinlooter:
My only challenge is that it has deprived me of getting married to a woman when i was supposed to even till now. Me, I don't have a problem starting a conversation now, in fact, most people think I am a master conversationalist, but what they don't understand is in my inner heart of hearts, I really want to end the conversation with them and be alone.
In reality, I think its a problem, cos life is more fun when you live it with other people. Its okay for ladies to be introverts, but for guys its a no no.
Raising this thread means people don't understand you, and the society expects more from you. Therefore, why not make a conscious effort to extend a fellowship, tolerate that one hour with that other person, be a friend to someone and crawl out of your shells sometimes.
me I am now a very dynamic person, when I am alone, I enjoy my quiet times, but when a friend pops in for a conversation, I engage them in whatever they feel conducive to discuss.
I wish you guys all the best.
Btw, I don't know what became of the whatsapp group for introverts, the last I saw that invite was in 2015, if the group is still existent in 2017, add me up with my number: 08138129166

barallanee:

Tklabelle:
Constantly having to try to open up to people and communicate when I'm perfectly happy being a loner

https://www.nairaland.com/1830091/introverts-lounge-extroverts-pls-keep
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by loud1: 3:48am On May 22, 2017
Ojisik:

So true my friend. I feel this way alot of times.

Quick question: do you ever rethink a situation after it has occurred? E .g. : I should have smiled more at that stranger or I should have given a handshake instead of a hug...stuff like that
this happens to me all the time
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 6:32am On May 22, 2017
I'm an introvert and I love myself.

Although, there are a few things I would love to do that extroverts find easy. But weighing both sides, I prefer to remain an introvert.

Over the years, I've learned that I think and speak more intelligently than most of my peers. The extroverts don't process their words before they speak them...

As an introvert, I've learnt a lot about myself; I've learned that I don't enjoy the petty talks most guys my age get involved with -those gists about girls, endless arguments about which football club is better, or talks about other people (celebrities ). I'd rather talk about my dreams, aspirations and engage in talks that will lead to something (e.g. sharing a business idea with a young folk like me) unfortunately, I don't have people "like me" around me.

People can say Im not friendly, or too "firm" or whatever. I prefer it. At least, I won't be involved the in drama that people with too many people in their lives have

There are only two changes I'd love: stage fright and the ability to talk smoothly with the female folk.
u re exactly me bt nt the last sentence...pm me abeg lets talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

She Is Married But She Called Her Ex For Christmas Gift / Nnaemeka Ikerionwu Of Cfrmagazine Weds Chinenye Roselyn Onedibe (Photos) / Relationship Mistakes You Made.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.