Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

The 7 Changes I Couldn't See - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 7 Changes I Couldn't See (688 Views)

Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate / The Changes I Have Seen Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 7 Changes I Couldn't See by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
I've been following developments happening in this country since may 29 when a government of CHANGE was ushered in. The CHANGE might have started but these are the people and places that I've not seen CHANGE

POLICE: The rate of bribery and extortion is still rampant in the force. A drive through major and inner roads in rural and urban centres will see our Men In Black doing that which they've been known for since Eve took the apple from the serpent. They extort drivers at will because they know that *nothing dey happen*

FUEL STATIONS: Our fuel stations are still doing the evil they know best, they adjust their metre to undersell and also they charge #50 as *service charge* for a jerrycan if you are not buying directly to your vehicles. 
There are also states where they create artificial scarcity by hoarding their product so that prices will soar

TRAFFIC LIGHTS: I know people will be suprised with this but this CHANGE has not taught motorist to obey traffic lights, I was driving and when I got to a traffic light and braked because the light turned RED the other motorist behind me started blaring their horn and throwing insults at me for obeying it when LASTMA personnels are not even around.

PRICE OF COMMODITIES: The advent of PMB's govt has not led to a decrease in price of commodities rather the effect of the exchange rate was transferred to the consumers who have to buy things now at an exorbitant rate.
Aunty Nike can't buy her Louboutin shoes for now.

TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANIES: MTN, Glo and Etisalat which are the major telco operators here have not fallen into this mantra of CHANGE because their services are still poor with drop calls, spam msgs, poor network, shelving, high call rates and improper deductions.
Ann was suprised when Chris who was a regular caller became the best flasher because telco coys deduct money arbitrarily from his phone anytime he recharges.

PHCN: Some people are celebrating lights because they re in the urban centres but a lot of people in the rural areas are still in darkness even the areas around Lagos-Ibadan expressway are in darkness.
There is also *rationing* of lights in many areas where people have Two days ON and one day OFF.

These are the changes I'm clamouring forr not the APC scam CHANGE that they are busy fighting and arresting their fellow politicians whose incaceration will not solve anything in my sweet life.

Feel free to add yours

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Changes I Couldn't See by DrayZee: 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Will comment later
Re: The 7 Changes I Couldn't See by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tell me where you didn't see any cahange in the past 100 days? Dearpreye, candyrain, whynotthetruth, francizy, kabonic, kodded, firefire, ozoekpe, mizmycoli, christine, rose2014, gaborone, mogidi, servussnape, tomakint, ochejoseph, obiagelli, baralatie, happiness87 and other wailers.
Re: The 7 Changes I Couldn't See by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
gringringringrin @ they charge #50 as *service charge* for a jerrycan ...

Back to topic...Corruption is still prevalent in ALL sectors of Nigeria's life...The propensity to cheat by Average Nigerian is very high unfortunately... and NO agency can stop this...No buhari body language or whatever can end it...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 7 Changes I Couldn't See by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
Lalasticlala let's fo the needful
Re: The 7 Changes I Couldn't See by FatIjeomaOkolie: 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
ok
Re: The 7 Changes I Couldn't See by Mogidi: 5:53am On Sep 13, 2015
The change I've noticed to date is capital flight/stock market melt down, not forgetting the impending doom of mass unemployment, the future appears bleak with Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Changes I Couldn't See by francizy(m): 7:05am On Sep 13, 2015
These are areas I have witnessed change:

Security: worse as more crimes have been committed since May 29 than before. These includes crimes committed by terrorists (boko haram and herdsmen), armed robbers, cultists, ritualists, security personnel, religious conmen, etc.

Death toll: on increase as many lives have been lost due to terrorism, accident, crime, etc.

Infrastructural development: poor

Fight against corruption (media): positive change as many politicians has already been prosecuted online and on the pages of newspapers.
Fight against corruption (real life): terrible as none of the media guilty politicians has been convicted and also, many APC crooks has not been investigated for corruption charges. Hence baba is only carrying out a media witch hunt.

Power: this has been fixed by body odour, however, only a selected sect benefit from the improved power supply.

Currency: positive

Economic situation of the country: Nigeria's almost plunged into recession. As many workers have lost their jobs while businesses are either folding up or employers are downsizing in order to cut excess spending and hence survive the economic somersault.

Communication: terrible because the only channel our president enjoys being interviewed or making statements is BBC Hausa. However whenever he sends his media aid Shehu to make a statement on his behalf (which he never does himself, as long as it's to be addressed in English language), later on the same day or the next day he sends Adesina to refute the same statement earlier made by Shehu. We can conclude the present administration is in disarray and confused.

APC e-fans: are gradually loosing momentum even as their pay keeps coming in.

Appointments: it's only this administration I've seen in a Democratic set up, that appointed close friends and relations into sensitive posts such as DSS, INEC, Customs, etc.

Partisanship of the forces: the DSS and other security agencies has been used presently to terrorize opposition politicians while boko haram/Fulani herdsmen are terrorizing Nigerians.

Price of foodstuffs: on the rise.

In every other section, no change as been witnessed.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

British Blue-blood Banned Mother From Wedding Over Nigerian Wife / Letter To The President On International Students / 5 Key Ministries Buhari Should Find Experts To Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.